• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Complete BS. Daisy would definitely be awesome and fit well in Mario platformers.
Some game ideas which Daisy should really be in in the future are:
*Super Mario Land U (a 3D remake of Super Mario Land with Daisy. You'd be able to play as Mario and Luigi, and Daisy as an unlockable when you win the game. Or have Daisy as simply a non playable damsel. So long as she's in the game. I think Peach and Toad should be absent in this one)
*Super Princess Peach 2. Would be a cute adventure game sequel to the first Super Princess Peach. This is something Nintendo really needs to make.Realistically it would have Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina as playable. But knowing Nintendo they'd probably only put Peach and Rosalina.
*Luigi's Mansion 3. This is something that would be cool on the Wii U. I wouldn't see Daisy being playable in this, but definitely as a damsel in distress.

See? I was able to make 3 game ideas in which Daisy is important. If only Nintendo did the same.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And just because she isn't in SMM, doesn't mean she isn't deserving, by that same logic, characters like K.Rool, Wolf etc. Are not because there not in and yet we don't see people think like that do we? Bias, status quo.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I could think of so many games with Daisy and Sarasaland. Mainly Birabuto Kingdom. Think about how awesome a desert themed Mario game would be.
The "castles" could be pyramids with the koopalings as bosses. Bowser is the final boss, finally tired of getting defeated time and time again by Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom he sets his sights on the hero-less Sarasaland, but what he didn't expect was it's kick-butt princess coming to save the day! And little desert themed Toads can serve as Daisy's companion, maybe they could have those round little cactuses on their heads instead of mushrooms.
The enemies can be the enemies from Super Mario Land along with other enemies, probably the desert level ones. It would be so awesome!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Which would you guys prefer- Daisy having a solely Striker (or solely baseball) based moveset, or having a moveset encompassing many different sports?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Which would you guys prefer- Daisy having a solely Striker (or solely baseball) based moveset, or having a moveset encompassing many different sports?
I rather have the latter, but I would personally like her in Strikers gear, that's just me though, I just like it a lot.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe another of those fake "leaks" that fans fabricate like the one where Miyamoto supposedly said that Daisy would be in more platformers. Unless their source isn't from the deepest parts of their rectum, just take it as a grain of salt.

In other news, I've just found this gem on the YMMV page for Super Mario Maker's TV Tropes sub forum.

We might as well say that she's "the new Chrom" if this new Memetic Loser status is starting to grow. :troll:
TV Tropes is on it too? Not surprised - The site is there to poke fun at everything.
Striker. I'd give random sports assortments to Waluigi instead.

:231:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Many sports. Have some of her special moves make her pull out a tennis racket or a baseball bat but then have some of the regular moves be kicks and such inspired by Striker.
And she better be in the cute yellow tank top and those orange booty shorts. I just can't see her fighting in a dress, I mean sure all the other princesses in smash do it but I don't think the dress would go well with the move set I vision her with.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Many sports. Have some of her special moves make her pull out a tennis racket or a baseball bat but then have some of the regular moves be kicks and such inspired by Striker.
And she better be in the cute yellow tank top and those orange booty shorts. I just can't see her fighting in a dress, I mean sure all the other princesses in smash do it but I don't think the dress would go well with the move set I vision her with.
I also hope she will be in her sports outfit. It's cute, stylish, and suits her well. While the Striker armor is badass and stylish as well, it isn't as colorful as the rest of the Mario cast's outfits and doesn't go well with them. That's why I want her in her sports outfit.
And I also don't think the dress would suit her, and it would be confusing since Peach in her Daisy colors looks very similar to Daisy when far away. A match between the two could get confusing! Sports outfit Daisy for DLC!!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Strikers. Like FalKoopa FalKoopa said, the random sports assessment is better off with Wally as it fits his personality better.
TV Tropes is on it too? Not surprised - The site is there to poke fun at everything.

Striker. I'd give random sports assortments to Waluigi instead.

What do you think of the status quo/bias regarding Daisy?

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I also hope she will be in her sports outfit. It's cute, stylish, and suits her well. While the Striker armor is badass and stylish as well, it isn't as colorful as the rest of the Mario cast's outfits and doesn't go well with them. That's why I want her in her sports outfit.
And I also don't think the dress would suit her, and it would be confusing since Peach in her Daisy colors looks very similar to Daisy when far away. A match between the two could get confusing! Sports outfit Daisy for DLC!!
I wouldn't be opposed to the Striker amor for an alternate outfit, though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Strikers fan in me really wants her to be the obligatory Strikers rep, complete with an aggressive moveset to match her outfit and solely Strikers abilities. Then again, leaving out all the other fantastic spinoff games (especially Mario Party) would seem like a waste and the games are only popular in the West.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ehehehe I think I'm gonna hang around here some more.
Please do. There's a great crowd here, and Daisy deserves more support, too. :bee:

I could think of so many games with Daisy and Sarasaland. Mainly Birabuto Kingdom. Think about how awesome a desert themed Mario game would be.
The "castles" could be pyramids with the koopalings as bosses. Bowser is the final boss, finally tired of getting defeated time and time again by Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom he sets his sights on the hero-less Sarasaland, but what he didn't expect was it's kick-butt princess coming to save the day! And little desert themed Toads can serve as Daisy's companion, maybe they could have those round little cactuses on their heads instead of mushrooms.
The enemies can be the enemies from Super Mario Land along with other enemies, probably the desert level ones. It would be so awesome!
You know, this just set me off thinking about how much I like Super Mario Land's setting, enemies, and so on, and it makes me wonder about the true nature of the Miyamoto/EAD statement that was mentioned earlier...

The thing about Super Mario Land, as with quite a lot of Game Boy titles, along with series that originated on the Game Boy, is that it's what you could describe as being "unashamedly Japanese" in its content. This is also one of many reasons I love the Kirby series - these things are full of fascinating Eastern cultural references. Whilst Kirby has thankfully always retained this, the Super Mario Land titles weren't so lucky, and their uniqueness got pushed to the wayside.

When they claim that Sarasaland wouldn't work in a modern game, could they in fact mean that they're concerned that such distinct cultural references (again, the Super Mario Land series is full of them - it's not a case like the references to the tanuki of old folklore in Super Mario Bros. 3, as there's a lot more of it) could make the game seem less appealing to some in the global marketplace?

I'm sad to say that this would make some sense to me. After all, the mainline Super Mario seem to have been getting a little bland lately, thanks to the series getting locked into very particular conventions (such as the characters all being "just actors playing roles", which has caused plenty of issues) by some of its staff...

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
What if Daisy ONLY had striker (or only baseball moves) while Waluigi ONLY had tennis moves?
Waluigi's moves should come from Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, though. I loved that game as a kid and Waluigi is like the main boss.

Edit: Okay, maybe he wasn't the main boss. I don't know, it's been a while since I played it but the wiki page says Waluigi is the first boss and Bowser is the final one.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm seriously don't like it when characters just sit there and aren't fleshed out despite having existed for years. The Mario series is especially guilty of this because of Miyamoto's iron grip ("creative input" as they call it) on the series.

I respect Miyamoto as game developer, but he seriously needs to let newer people take over the reins of the Mario games. There's a reason why characters and games who don't confirm to the normal Mario tradition - the RPGs, mostly - often become instant hits and are well-remembered. Other people/companies (AlphaDream, Sqaure, Intelligent Systems) were able to add their ideas to the mix - which is why SMRPG, Paper Mario TTYD or Bowser's Inside Story are often highly regarded.

Something similar is necessary for the core titles too, imo. The 2D games in particular have languished due to few additions and being seen as largely rehashes of NSMBWii. (The 3D games have escaped a similar fate because it's comparatively easier to experiment with newer gameplay there). Super Mario 3D World was a good start with Toad and Rosalina being playable and Peach wasn't kidnapped for once.

Anyway, moving on to characters like Daisy and Waluigi. Mario has a large history of spin-offs, but you will notice that characters in one sub-series are never in another. Fawful and Starlow havr remained in M&L; Daisy, Waluigi, Wario etc. don't appear in any RPGs; and similar. Why is it necessary to keep them separate? Why is it such a bad idea to add a popular character like Wario to Paper Mario, or Daisy to an RPG, even as an NPC? What is stopping them from experimenting a bit?

As long as the gameplay delivers, a game based on the Mario universe is going to sell. They need to learn to experiment more with the characters they have created.

Unfortunately, Mario prints money and people will always buy new games so there's no direct way to compel them to start giving attention to the lesser characters in the series. Nintendo can simply claim "don't fix what ain't broke" and call it a day. It all rests in the hands of who takes on the reins of the series after Miyamoto steps down. We need an Eiji Aonuma, so to speak.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I'm seriously don't like it when characters just sit there and aren't fleshed out despite having existed for years. The Mario series is especially guilty of this because of Miyamoto's iron grip ("creative input" as they call it) on the series.

I respect Miyamoto as game developer, but he seriously needs to let newer people take over the reins of the Mario games. There's a reason why characters and games who don't confirm to the normal Mario tradition - the RPGs, mostly - often become instant hits and are well-remembered. Other people/companies (AlphaDream, Sqaure, Intelligent Systems) were able to add their ideas to the mix - which is why SMRPG, Paper Mario TTYD or Bowser's Inside Story are often highly regarded.

Something similar is necessary for the core titles too, imo. The 2D games in particular have languished due to few additions and being seen as largely rehashes of NSMBWii. (The 3D games have escaped a similar fate because it's comparatively easier to experiment with newer gameplay there). Super Mario 3D World was a good start with Toad and Rosalina being playable and Peach wasn't kidnapped for once.

Anyway, moving on to characters like Daisy and Waluigi. Mario has a large history of spin-offs, but you will notice that characters in one sub-series are never in another. Fawful and Starlow havr remained in M&L; Daisy, Waluigi, Wario etc. don't appear in any RPGs; and similar. Why is it necessary to keep them separate? Why is it such a bad idea to add a popular character like Wario to Paper Mario, or Daisy to an RPG, even as an NPC? What is stopping them from experimenting a bit?

As long as the gameplay delivers, a game based on the Mario universe is going to sell. They need to learn to experiment more with the characters they have created.

Unfortunately, Mario prints money and people will always buy new games so there's no direct way to compel them to start giving attention to the lesser characters in the series. Nintendo can simply claim "don't fix what ain't broke" and call it a day. It all rests in the hands of who takes on the reins of the series after Miyamoto steps down. We need an Eiji Aonuma, so to speak.

Please don't call me ignorant, but who is Eiji Aonuma?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I've witnessed that EAD mentioned that Daisy and Sarasaland wouldn't fit in modern platformers today. Even though they've given us really cool games during these years, I'll venture to say that EAD "Close-minded." Yeah, I went there! So come at me! *Ahem* I find this logic to be flawed because SML was definitely a platformer, and if a character or a universe originated as a platformer, and all of a sudden, won't fit to be as such for some magical mysterious reason, really baffles me.

Look, in my experience, any character or universe can, by God, be a platformer if they so choose. Of course, I'm just a simple fan, but EAD stating that Daisy or her world can't be a platformer has proven themselves to be intolerant to the notion of something new and unique. Seriously, it's not gonna kill them to at least try it out, since they have such a huge following and a rich legacy behind them, anyway.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The current director of the Zelda series. Miyamoto handed him the reins of the series starting with Majora's Mask.

Oh I see, and speaking of directors, I once read somewhere that someone asked who was a better director and creator, Miyamoto or Kojima, a bad comparison if you ask me, anyway thanks for shedding me light on the subject.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I think many different sports but with some flower moves as well.
Her final smash can be flower related, like flowers raining from the sky and they damage you if you hit them. Also some of her animations could have flowers like the animations of Peach's moves that have hearts or rainbows. But I don't really think there should be flower based moves themselves, the flowers should be more for aesthetic.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Her final smash can be flower related, like flowers raining from the sky and they damage you if you hit them. Also some of her animations could have flowers like the animations of Peach's moves that have hearts or rainbows. But I don't really think there should be flower based moves themselves, the flowers should be more for aesthetic.
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Anyway, do you guys think Daisy will be in Smash? (no bias.)

I feel like she has a good possibility since I know Nintendo will give us at least 1 female and I think there's only 3 serious female canidates. Dixie Kong, Shantae and Daisy.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'm pessimistic. I don't think she's likely for Smash 4 at least. Reason being the Mario series has had its fill - Doc, Rosa, Bowser Jr. (and Koopaling alts.) - so they probably want to focus on smaller series for now.

I still support her as the ballot data will be used for more than just Smash 4 DLC.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I feel like she has a good possibility since I know Nintendo will give us at least 1 female and I think there's only 3 serious female canidates. Dixie Kong, Shantae and Daisy.
I'm with FalKoopa FalKoopa on this, myself. I feel that she's a more likely addition to Smash 5, when big name newcomers to the roster will likely be in short supply.

I'm hopeful for good things, though, as the data gathered will be used beyond Smash 3DS/Wii U, and even beyond Smash 5.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I am hopeful that even if Daisy doesn't make it in, Nintendo will finally realize just how much following Daisy has and perhaps they'll slowly but surely have her in more media.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I've witnessed that EAD mentioned that Daisy and Sarasaland wouldn't fit in modern platformers today. Even though they've given us really cool games during these years, I'll venture to say that EAD "Close-minded." Yeah, I went there! So come at me! *Ahem* I find this logic to be flawed because SML was definitely a platformer, and if a character or a universe originated as a platformer, and all of a sudden, won't fit to be as such for some magical mysterious reason, really baffles me.

Look, in my experience, any character or universe can, by God, be a platformer if they so choose. Of course, I'm just a simple fan, but EAD stating that Daisy or her world can't be a platformer has proven themselves to be intolerant to the notion of something new and unique. Seriously, it's not gonna kill them to at least try it out, since they have such a huge following and a rich legacy behind them, anyway.
But how would they be incorporated into the main series?
They were just clones of Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom respectively in SML.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They don't necessarily have to be like that, if Nintendo truly wanted to add them I am sure they would find a way since they have "Creative Input" as they call it.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet

She'll be in smash eventually, maybe not this iteration of it, but eventually...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually, Sarasaland is heavily Eastern-themed and always came across as considerably more exotic than the Mushroom Kingdom. Some of the enemies include sphinxes and Jiangshi ("Chinese hopping vampires"), amongst others. There's also the fact that you get to pilot planes and submarines around the place, too.

Daisy herself was actually described as having a different personality to Peach even when she debuted (and back in those days, that definition actually counted for something, even if there wasn't an enormous difference in the structure of the game). Living in such an odd place as Sarasaland probably makes that a necessity. :laugh:

At the very least, we can certainly say that aliens have never cared about invading the Mushroom Kingdom!

As an aside, it honestly seems almost as though Daisy's status as originally being pushed as a new part of the main cast may have caused her some problems, in the end. After all, the biggest appearance she had in a licensed product back then was the much-vaunted Super Mario Bros.: The Movie. Though it was an undisputed Dededisaster, it was originally meant to be a big deal. With how Nintendo shied away from everything to do with licensing such things afterwards, it may not be a stretch to wonder whether it also caused them to shy away from one of the game characters who they chose to push via that avenue. ;)

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Actually, Sarasaland is heavily Eastern-themed and always came across as considerably more exotic than the Mushroom Kingdom. Some of the enemies include sphinxes and Jiangshi ("Chinese hopping vampires"), amongst others. There's also the fact that you get to pilot planes and submarines around the place, too.

Daisy herself was actually described as having a different personality to Peach even when she debuted (and back in those days, that definition actually counted for something, even if there wasn't an enormous difference in the structure of the game). Living in such an odd place as Sarasaland probably makes that a necessity. :laugh:

At the very least, we can certainly say that aliens have never cared about invading the Mushroom Kingdom!

As an aside, it honestly seems almost as though Daisy's status as originally being pushed as a new part of the main cast may have caused her some problems, in the end. After all, the biggest appearance she had in a licensed product back then was the much-vaunted Super Mario Bros.: The Movie. Though it was an undisputed Dededisaster, it was originally meant to be a big deal. With how Nintendo shied away from everything to do with licensing such things afterwards, it may not be a stretch to wonder whether it also caused them to shy away from one of the game characters who they chose to push via that avenue. ;)
Makes sense. A remake of Super Mario Land 1 and/or 2 would be fantastic.

Top Bottom