• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Zero Suit Daisy

Standard Special: Quick Draw

Daisy pulls out the ink gun from the game Shy Guy Showdown and shoots a blast of ink that paralyzed foes.

Side Special: Hot Rope Whip

Daisy lashes a whip made out of Podoboos at her opponents. It works well for tether recovery in ledges since the tip of the "whip" is a larger Podoboo.

Up Special: Lunar-tic Kick

Daisy rises into the air with her jetpack while executing a kick, which can follow up into a straight forward one if an opponent is caught.

Down Special: Olympic Flip

Daisy springs into the air with an athletic flip and the press of the attack button results in her dealing a nasty kick.

Final Smash: Saucer Swarm

Daisy jumps into the air and rides the same ship from the minigame of the same name. Like the original minigame, she can blast her foes away with green blasts until time runs out. Then she will eventually land back on the ground while saying "Daisy the winner!".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Zero Suit Daisy

Standard Special: Quick Draw

Daisy pulls out the ink gun from the game Shy Guy Showdown and shoots a blast of ink that paralyzed foes.

Side Special: Hot Rope Whip

Daisy lashes a whip made out of Podoboos at her opponents. It works well for tether recovery in ledges since the tip of the "whip" is a larger Podoboo.

Up Special: Lunar-tic Kick

Daisy rises into the air with her jetpack while executing a kick, which can follow up into a straight forward one if an opponent is caught.

Down Special: Olympic Flip

Daisy springs into the air with an athletic flip and the press of the attack button results in her dealing a nasty kick.

Final Smash: Saucer Swarm

Daisy jumps into the air and rides the same ship from the minigame of the same name. Like the original minigame, she can blast her foes away with green blasts until time runs out. Then she will eventually land back on the ground while saying "Daisy the winner!".

And of course most of these moves had to be Mario Party references since you love those games. The Podoboo one was pretty clever since it may remind people of a certain minigame that we all hated at one point as kids (Still nowhere near as bad as the damn rotation games).

Overall, nice work with this clone moveset since you know your Zamus very well. Now if only we can give Daisy a taunt where she spins around her fire whip while suggestively saying "Hot Stuff!" and people would be all over her. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

And of course most of these moves had to be Mario Party references since you love those games. The Podoboo one was pretty clever since it may remind people of a certain minigame that we all hated at one point as kids (Still nowhere near as bad as the damn rotation games).

Overall, nice work with this clone moveset since you know your Zamus very well. Now if only we can give Daisy a taunt where she spins around her fire whip while suggestively saying "Hot Stuff!" and people would be all over her. :laugh:
The pleasure is all mines love since the way I love my Zammy goes beyond what anyone can do with her. And you are right about how bad some of Mario Party 1 minigames were (especially those rotation ones).

And before I leave to check in with my peeps for that interview project, you do have a point about the Smash fans being all over her if Daisy was more seductive and badass like Zero Suit Samus. :p

Hyperdynamiccake

Smash Rookie
NNID
JoHo15
Is this now the thread for "who makes the better daisy clone". :troll:
I actually liked the bowser-moves :O

I found a major flaw in the moveset that I created, the flower of lip's stick makes way too much dmg (2,85% per second).
So i thought i could use that flower and scrap the passive

or make a daisy only flower that looks like a daisy(the flower u know :O), that makes something about (1,7% per second) and can be stacked to max. 10 seconds...
The neutral B plants a flower with 4 sec and the down B a flower wit 6 sec.
And the passive only increase the dmg (for 1% or 2%) and knockback.

or i dont know i am not the balance-team :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is this now the thread for "who makes the better daisy clone". :troll:
I actually liked the bowser-moves :O

I found a major flaw in the moveset that I created, the flower of lip's stick makes way too much dmg (2,85% per second).
So i thought i could use that flower and scrap the passive

or make a daisy only flower that looks like a daisy(the flower u know :O), that makes something about (1,7% per second) and can be stacked to max. 10 seconds...
The neutral B plants a flower with 4 sec and the down B a flower wit 6 sec.
And the passive only increase the dmg (for 1% or 2%) and knockback.

or i dont know i am not the balance-team :p
The clone moveset thing is more of a fun little contest that we have once in a while. It all started as a way to mock those who think that Daisy would be a Peach clone. :p

And I like the way that you consider rebalancing her moveset since the flower thing might be proven a broken mechanic without few drawbacks. What you suggested latter on would be a better way to go with for your idea.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The clone moveset thing is more of a fun little contest that we have once in a while. It all started as a way to mock those who think that Daisy would be a Peach clone. :p

And I like the way that you consider rebalancing her moveset since the flower thing might be proven a broken mechanic without few drawbacks. What you suggested latter on would be a better way to go with for your idea.
Let the balancing team sort that out ;).

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
B ideas

Super Ball (Super Mario Land) - Tosses a bouncing projectile at enemies.

Sports Mix (Mario Sports Mix + other Mario Spin-offs) - Similar to Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit. Daisy shuffles through an assortment of sports ball equipment. Each one will have it's own attribute and be only good for one use. Press and hold to start, let go to choose the one you want.

Side B ideas

Petal Cutter (Smash original. Inspired by her Mario Power Tennis Power shot.) - Uses Flower power to summon large sharp flower petals that spin around her person for consecutive hits. Good damage, slow startup and finish and low knockback.

Kart (Mario Kart) - Summons a kart. It's strength depends on the timing on the 3-2-1 start up. Like Mario Kart, the timing must be perfectly in the middle for the best effect. Let go too late, the Kart barely moves and does weak damage. Too early, the engine blows out and Daisy is very vulnerable to an attack. Time it perfectly, and the Kart hits hard and travels it farthest. The glider will come out as long as Daisy is airborne, but the timing dictates the travel. Press side-b to begin the start up, let go to attack.

Up B idea

Flower Shot (Mario Power Tennis) -- Uses her flower power to summon a large spinning flower to launch herself in the air. Damage can be done to the opponent if they are near the flower once it's explodes. Daisy is vulnerable in the jump.

Down B ideas

Crystal Smash (Mario Strikers Charged) -- Daisy strikes the ground with her fist and causes crystals to erupt around her. Charge it up to build it's strength. Even use it in the air to have her shoot down to the ground. It does heavy damage fully charge and can be save for later at all full charge only, but the charge is very readable.

Doppleganger (Super Mario Land) -- Counter. Daisy poses in a hands-clinched princess pose. If she is attacked, she's proven to be a "fake" that explodes in a puff of smoke and a Super Mario land enemy appears (sprite form is fine) hits the opponent with their own force right back at them. Daisy emerges again once the smoke settles.

Final Smash ideas

Megastrike (Mario Strikers Charged) -- Like in the game. Summons the Iron ball, crystallizes her fist and punches.it. The ball splits into six homing shots and rain down onto the field towards the opponent with each shot dealing a powerful blow on impact.

Third Eye - (Smash bros Melee trophy mistake turn into move.) Gives Daisy a mental/astral "third Eye" the appears on her forehead and shoot a laser across the field similar to Zelda's, Sheik's and Dark Pit's Final Smashes. However, no one is knocked off but has their movement, status, controls and weight warped similar to Luigi's Negative Zone from Brawl. And like the Negative Zone, makes them vulnerable to high knockback if Daisy hits them with another attack. If the beam idea doesn't work, just give it the full effect of Luigi's Negative Zone to where it simply engulf a small area around Daisy's previous spot. (And yes, I know it was crookedly on the back of her head of her Melee trophy. This would still be a nice reference though.)

Overall these are just some of my ideas of what they could do with her. I tried to incorporate her moves from the Mario games, but also think outside the box with certain attacks and even mistakes from the past. Something I think Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let the balancing team sort that out ;).
Yeah, let the balance team sort that out since they aren't bad at what they do.

*nerfs Greninja more than once*

:troll:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I personally would like Daisy best as a semi-clone of Peach (As cloney as Lucas, who feels really different from Ness despite having similar moves).

Of course, this is coming from a guy who mains Lucas, Toon Link, Roy, and Falco, plays as Dr. Mario and Ganon on a regular basis, and wants Wolf (Hardly a clone, but still), Pichu, and Young Link as DLC.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hey, @Chromfirmed left me with this PM this morning:
Gracias por compartir tus comentarios con nosotros. Me aseguraré de que tus comentarios sobre incluir a Princess Daisy en Super Mario Maker y Super Smash Bros. sean remitidos a otros departamentos.
Aunque no puedo garantizar que haremos los cambios sugeridos, tus comentarios han sido recibidos.
Tomamos en consideración todos los comentarios recibidos.

Puedes estar seguro de que Nintendo constantemente está desarrollando productos nuevos e ideas para juegos nuevos."

Which translates into: "Thanks for sharing your comments with us.. I'll make sure that your comments about about including Princess Daisy in Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros. Are known to other departments. Although I can't guarantee that we'll make the suggested changes, your comments have been received. We take into consideration all comments received. You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly developing new products and ideas for new games".
His reply to the letter he send to Nintendo, he also thinks the more people do this, the more Nintendo will notice and perhaps take action.

Last edited:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
he also thinks the more people do this, the more Nintendo will notice and perhaps take action.
I would love to write Nintendo about Daisy but the problem is, I don't exactly know how to. Do I mail them a letter or email them something? Where do I even send it too? How do I know that it gets to the right person/people?
Also I hate writing letters and emails...

But writing letters does sound like a good idea, I'll see if I can find out where to send it and maybe write something up...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I would love to write Nintendo about Daisy but the problem is, I don't exactly know how to. Do I mail them a letter or email them something? Where do I even send it too? How do I know that it gets to the right person/people?
Also I hate writing letters and emails...

But writing letters does sound like a good idea, I'll see if I can find out where to send it and maybe write something up...
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/region_select.jsp?d=contactus&f=1
Here you go. Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan was the who helped me with this in the beginning so I thank you again.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Me gusta. But all this roster needs is Katsuragi in order be compete IMO.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Where is Daisy is Her Sports Outfit???
I doubt the original creator knew a DIHSO roster image existed. Or he was too lazy to make one of his own unless he's Llol. :p

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dear Nintendo,

Give us some mother****ing news on Mario Tennis Ultra Smash! And make sure that new trailer gives enough spotlight to the Sarasaland Princess.

-Sincerely
Your average Daisy fan. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Me gusta. But all this roster needs is Katsuragi in order be compete IMO.
The lack of Yellow Topaz Daisy is disturbing. But I can forgive him since the original, Parappa, and Black Orchid are present.

Alright, this news drought has gotten ridiculous....
They just got themselves a new president and announced that Nintendo Directs were coming soon. Though I can agree that this lack of information can take a toll on our lack of hype and interests in the future. Just seeing a new character or Daisy in Ultra Tennis would make me hyped while seeing a new DLC character (ballot or not) could make the whole crowd go wild. It's going to a take a while for them to recover from the loss of Iwata and the restructuring of the offices.

D

Deleted member

I know, I feel like I'm starving. It's like I'm currently subsisting on scraps I find in the garbage bin or thrown on the floor. Waiting for an actual meal.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I know. Like Nintendo could just announce anything right now and I wouldn't care, even things I already know like the 3 dlc character slots. I JUST NEED SOMETHING.

On a completely separate note, I have a new signature. I stole it from Mewtwo. (the user... not the pokemon)
Edit: Well my signature isn't appearing on my screen so I probably broke it... time to fix it...

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Have you guys ever had dreams where Daisy was in Smash? LOL, I had plenty on random days. But my dreams don't really make sense so they're not the most awesome dreams.

Anyway, in like July I think, I dreamt of Daisy in Smash in her dress and she had a whole bunch of sports moves and it was so awesome. I think she was fighting on the Game & Watch stage. But later in the dream she took out a violin for one of her attacks and then I was like wait... a violin? wtf? Since when does Daisy use a violin...?? And then I was like ohhh this is probably a dream... and coincidentally I literally just started to wake up.

D

Deleted member

I know. Like Nintendo could just announce anything right now and I wouldn't care, even things I already know like the 3 dlc character slots. I JUST NEED SOMETHING.

On a completely separate note, I have a new signature. I stole it from Mewtwo. (the user... not the pokemon)
Edit: Well my signature isn't appearing on my screen so I probably broke it... time to fix it...
The signatures only show up on your first post of the page, so I don't think it's broken.

The rest created by the same artist are here.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
The signatures only show up on your first post of the page, so I don't think it's broken.

The rest created by the same artist are here.
Thanks. I was wondering where everyone got those. And have the signatures always done that? I never noticed before...

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Have you guys ever had dreams where Daisy was in Smash? LOL, I had plenty on random days. But my dreams don't really make sense so they're not the most awesome dreams.

Anyway, in like July I think, I dreamt of Daisy in Smash in her dress and she had a whole bunch of sports moves and it was so awesome. I think she was fighting on the Game & Watch stage. But later in the dream she took out a violin for one of her attacks and then I was like wait... a violin? wtf? Since when does Daisy use a violin...?? And then I was like ohhh this is probably a dream... and coincidentally I literally just started to wake up.
Yeah, I've only had a couple over the course of the ballot. I guess the stress was really getting to me. Even though I think that her chances are relatively low, I just REALLY wanted her in Smash; to a point where I'd have dreams of her being in. Seems I'm not the only one, after all...

My dream was the fact that Daisy got in, but was more of a joke character; like Peach's version of Pichu. It still didn't matter to me, I was just happy that she got in. When I woke up, I almost threw a fit about the fact that it was just a dream. Next time I dream like this, I don't wanna wake up. I'll wear a blindfold and some earplugs if I have to!:p That was just too good to be a mere dream.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I've only had a couple over the course of the ballot. I guess the stress was really getting to me. Even though I think that her chances are relatively low, I just REALLY wanted her in Smash; to a point where I'd have dreams of her being in. Seems I'm not the only one, after all...

My dream was the fact that Daisy got in, but was more of a joke character; like Peach's version of Pichu. It still didn't matter to me, I was just happy that she got in. When I woke up, I almost threw a fit about the fact that it was just a dream. Next time I dream like this, I don't wanna wake up. I'll wear a blindfold and some earplugs if I have to!:p That was just too good to be a mere dream.
Sometimes though things just unfortunately don't happen like we want them to. Some people then take matters into their own hands, creating fan games or modding existing ones because Nintendo won't do it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Sometimes though things just unfortunately don't happen like we want them to. Some people then take matters into their own hands, creating fan games or modding existing ones because Nintendo won't do it.
Which I intend to do once I learn a little bit of programming. I already have somewhat of an idea for the game play mechanics. You get to play as two different Daisys.

One's the modern version, and the other is the classic version. Both are balanced differently, though. The modern Daisy is more of an 'in yo face' style of play that exudes physically more than anything through the use of sporting equipment, but most importantly, the use of a bat. The classic version of Daisy is more magical, who invokes flower powers as a force of nature.

The plot of the story involves an unwelcomed guest from outer space, sucking the life out of her home land, Sarasaland so they can take it over. Daisy's mission: Restore the land back to its former beauty by covering it with flowers and all sorts of floral paraphernalia, and that way, power and control from those goons from outer space will weaken, and that is the moment to strike 'em down and send 'em packin!

So, yeah. Those are my ideas of the game featuring Daisy that I intend to create. This means that I gotta work on my drawing skills for the character models. Already, I'm good at spriting tile sets for the graphics, and such, but character models are a problem for me. It's gonna take some hard work, but I believe that it could be done, and help on this project will definitely be appreciated!;)

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
A cartoony Daisy I made sometime ago.
(sports outfit for smash sounds like a plan for sure)

If you're interested you could totally check my art thread by clicking on my signature :3

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

If you're interested you could totally check my art thread by clicking on my signature :3
It's super cute and I love the style although the lack of jewelry or a crown makes me a bit sad... lol I just feel like Daisy is more complete with those.
But it's still a very cool picture. Sooo hoping she makes it into Smash in the sports outfit..

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
It's super cute and I love the style although the lack of jewelry or a crown makes me a bit sad... lol I just feel like Daisy is more complete with those.
But it's still a very cool picture. Sooo hoping she makes it into Smash in the sports outfit..
Thanks a lot! I let logic get in my way on that one haha. Was drawing by memory and my mind went "One wouldn't wear jewelry while playing sports, right?" I was clearly underestimating Daisy xD

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot! I let logic get in my way on that one haha. Was drawing by memory and my mind went "One wouldn't wear jewelry while playing sports, right?" I was clearly underestimating Daisy xD
Be careful, she might track you down for that one, hehehe!:troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Daisy looks so good in this style. Reminds me of Valkyrie from the ShiftyLook comics.

I miss ShiftyLook. ;_;

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
A new character is coming to Mario Maker.....

From the Super Mario series, comes Super-Mario-kun.

This highly anticipated costume is landing in November. Still no sign of Daisy, Toadette, Nabbit and the Koopalings yet.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Something about Super Mario-Kun's face is creeping me out. Maybe it's the fact that he had seen some ****. :laugh:

Top Bottom