• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

One day Wizenheimer, one day you would get your revenge on that fat plumber and the rest of his friends for kicking you out of Mario Kart 64's roster. Especially Donkey ***** ***.
Wisenheimer. I remembered that nasty old Magikoopa from the Super Mario World cartoon. Locking Mario and the gang in a castle because it was in his nature and everyone would get his name wrong once in a while. It was one of my favorite Yoshi centric episodes since he had to face his fears in order to save everyone (even that useless douche Oogtar).

Maybe he was just scared off by the fact that, in the Western version, Peach sounded like a man putting on a high-pitched voice? :p

Ooooooh. Shots fired that Peach's old voice in the Mario spinoffs. I've always thought it sounded far too fake to even sound like a fair princess (especially in Mario Party 1).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe he was just scared off by the fact that, in the Western version, Peach sounded like a man putting on a high-pitched voice? :p
Ooooooh. Shots fired that Peach's old voice in the Mario spinoffs. I've always thought it sounded far too fake to even sound like a fair princess (especially in Mario Party 1).

Not only Peach's voice didn't age well, but Toad also sounded pretty damn off too. Maybe it's because I'm more use to the squeaky voice that we all know and love.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Not only Peach's voice didn't age well, but Toad also sounded pretty damn off too. Maybe it's because I'm more use to the squeaky voice that we all know and love.
Peach always sounded bad. :laugh: This video is playing the clips at a slightly incorrect playback rate, though - she actually sounds better here.

As for Toad, I actually prefer the Mario Kart 64 rendition to the later croakier one! I must be the odd one out - nobody else seems to mind it.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Not gonna lie, I still kinda have a nostalgic attachment to these voice recordings, especially Toad since I actually prefer his voice here.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Actually, if you couldn't see the "wasp stripes", that's actually Mavis from Thomas & Friends! In case you're wondering, the video in question is called "Shed 17", and is a pretty messed up version of the beloved children's character! If you don't wanna sleep, watch it! ;) - Afro

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Peach always sounded bad. :laugh: This video is playing the clips at a slightly incorrect playback rate, though - she actually sounds better here.

As for Toad, I actually prefer the Mario Kart 64 rendition to the later croakier one! I must be the odd one out - nobody else seems to mind it.
I certainly do prefer his MK64 voice over the raspy voice he has now.

:231:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since I'm feeling like an a**.... here's some more of those avatars so you won't feel left out of not being able to go to sleep! XD
View attachment 77820 View attachment 77821 View attachment 77822
Ganon: "It buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrnnnnnssssss!"

Yeaaaaahhhh....

For some odd reason, I've always hated Daisy's old voice as a kid. Maybe it's because she sounds like a sarcastic wannabe trying to mimic Peach on her period. Or maybe that last one sounded a bit too harsh? :lol:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I was so/so with that one, I like her current one better, does a better job on emphasizing her personality and attitude.
Very true, imo. Her current one distinguishes herself from Peach more, and you've hit the nail on the head about her personality and attitude. Then again, I've no objection for her old voice. It was alright while it lasted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For some odd reason, I've always hated Daisy's old voice as a kid. Maybe it's because she sounds like a sarcastic wannabe trying to mimic Peach on her period. Or maybe that last one sounded a bit too harsh? :lol:
I'm sorry, but the smug Knuckles gif in your signature is what leads me to think what you did was intentional. I bet you were one of the many people who caught on to that "Vibe Scepter" joke.

I was so/so with that one, I like her current one better, does a better job on emphasizing her personality and attitude.
Agreed. The original voice was OK for what it was, but she just plain sounded like a more meeker version of Peach. Even if MkRose1 hates her current portrayal like the rest of those Gamefaqs sheeps, she is much more of a joy and laughter in the newer Mario titles.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sorry, but the smug Knuckles gif in your signature is what leads me to think what you did was intentional. I bet you were one of the many people who caught on to that "Vibe Scepter" joke.
Lol Vibe Scepter. Many games and Tv shows are bound to have hidden adult jokes in them and Mario is no exception. Like when Peach had to sneak past the X-Nauts naked while invisible or how Madame Flurry is implied to crush her enemies with her breasts during Body Slams.

Then there's half of the things Daisy did in Strikers (Hot stuff!) in addition to the skimpier outfits for the princesses. Not that I mind since I personally am annoyed by the complaints your average Tumblrinas make over fictional women wearing clothes they wouldn't want to wear. And this is coming from a girl that loves the Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive franchise (even the Xtreme spinoffs).

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
A girl that actually plays the Dead or Alive series? Now I've seen everything! Also, here's something I just had a thought about.... What would Daisy's victory theme be, if she were to become playable via DLC or in Smash 5? The same one as :4mario:/:4luigi:/:4peach:/:4drmario:? Or perhaps a remix much like :4bowser:/:4bowserjr:/:4larry:/:4roy:/:4wendy:/:4iggy:/:4morton:/:4lemmy:/:4ludwig: or maybe something different from the rest of the cast such as :rosalina:? What do you think?

A-Town

Smash Rookie
A girl that actually plays the Dead or Alive series? Now I've seen everything! Also, here's something I just had a thought about.... What would Daisy's victory theme be, if she were to become playable via DLC or in Smash 5? The same one as :4mario:/:4luigi:/:4peach:/:4drmario:? Or perhaps a remix much like :4bowser:/:4bowserjr:/:4larry:/:4roy:/:4wendy:/:4iggy:/:4morton:/:4lemmy:/:4ludwig: or maybe something different from the rest of the cast such as :rosalina:? What do you think?
I figured she'd have something completely different like Rose, like maybe a variation of her theme from Land

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The same as the regular Marios.

Doc should have been in his own franchise.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's right. I've always felt like I was the odd one out because I play games that were known for male oriented fanservice (Though the guys themselves don't look that bad, especially Jan Lee-san) and didn't mind them as long as they were fun. And as a reminder, DOA fan girls do exist despite how few vocal fans there are. Even the game Xtreme would sell well with females because they either "like the fashion" or were open lesbians.

On the subject of Daisy, I feel like there are two good options for her victory theme. One would be a remix of the main SML theme just give the series that acknowledgement. Another would be the victory theme from one of the Tennis games (preferably Power Tennis) since they fit her athletic attitude.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I can't see it being different than the rest of the Mario crew, but it'd be nice to hear the victory theme from Super Mario Land

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I would honestly prefer it if they made her victory theme the same as Mario/Luigi/Peach. I dunno...it just fits in a way.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I can't see it being different than the rest of the Mario crew, but it'd be nice to hear the victory theme from Super Mario Land
This is my take on it, as well. I'd love it to be from Super Mario Land, but I expect that it'll just be the generic one for the Mushroom Kingdom residents, even though Daisy's not from there, and even though Rosalina correctly gets a unique one. :laugh:

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I think she'll just have the same as Mario, Peach, Luigi, even though she doesn't live there. It just seems very fitting.

Mr. Bulldops

Smash Rookie
I'd be interested in hearing it, even if no-one else is.
I'll be interested to hear it too.
No, its alright, if we wanna end the problem from the root, we gotta attack it from the source, not the strongest parts, and that means we gotta listen to what others non-haters, trolls say, especially those who are neutral and willing to lend us a hand.
Late, but here's something to start with while I have the time.

Special thanks to memoryman3 memoryman3 for giving me just the right example of what NOT to do:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72646712

I feel like this thread right here is a summary of why people would take issue with Daisy. The way her support is carried out needs improvement.

First thing's first, the beginning sentence. Starting out with an insult towards the other girls does not get you any points. You're insulting characters liked by other fanbases, giving them less reason to take your own opinion seriously. This isn't even limited to just Peach and Rosalina though, this happens with other characters like Waluigi and even Bowser Jr. too. Seriously, don't do that.

The second thing is having any condescending attitude. Treating people who don't think much of Daisy as people who just never played as her feels pretty damn condescending. Now, for a regular jerk like myself, I have no problem carrying that attitude, but I'm a self-admitted jerk. Are you a jerk? Then go ahead and do that if that's how you want to support what you like. Won't do you any good though, I'll guarantee that.

The third thing is forcing statements of objectivity on areas where there's clearly only subjectivity to work with. Saying that Daisy IS more fun than others is objectivity where there should be subjectivity. Wording is key. Saying something like "oh, she adds so and so" is better, since you can argue that you're right about whatever unique value you're promoting while avoiding a clash of opinions argument. Saying how you personally feel is easy to do, but wording that into a way that tells everyone why it's good to have in general is much more effective. Try to do this without saying something stupid though. I'd recommend not even mentioning Peach or Rosalina because chances are you'll just cause an argument of a different variety to start by doing so.

Now, with that out of the way, I can cover why other fandoms have it easier. It's mostly due to the characters themselves just being better off. K. Rool's fandom wouldn't see as much hate because he had the role of a main villain for so many years. Isaac is the protagonist of Golden Sun so it's hard to be more noteworthy than he is in regards to his own franchise. Daisy had a role that was already done by two other females for her debut, and for every appearance after she took on a Luigi/Waluigi sort of role. Luigi gets by due to getting things like the Mansion games and New Super Luigi U coming his way while Waluigi... eh, I'm not really sure about him. I feel like he gets hate too, but that's more so within the Mario fandom than within Smash. Within Smash I think he gets by because he lends himself well to memes, and Smash fans love their memes no matter how unfunny they are. It's petty but what can you do? This isn't a problem with the fandom necessarily but it's something that does stand in the way and separate Daisy from others (not to her benefit, obviously).

The other thing is to just maintain some damn self-control.

Excuse me, may I point out that I myself am a Bandana Waddle Dee fan and supporter? Thankyou. Not everyone did those things.
Oh, great...my blind rage side is coming out again...it happens, but it'll pass eventually...and I take back what I said about the fan base. I'm just tired of being made fun of, just because I like a fictional character. My argument was just directed towards THOSE particular individuals with the harsh words.
Like this little discussion. Seriously, I don't wanna come off as too hostile due to the irony it'd cause, but the Daisy fandom honestly strikes me as one of the more hostile ones out there at times due to moments like this. Stuff like this, or "b-b-but Rosalina!!!" when someone calls Daisy a recolor, or spamming Peach's miiverse with "vote 4 Daisy!", or attacking Waluigi because he got into Super Mario Maker while she didn't, any of that garbage is enough to actively warp a person's viewpoint of a character and make them outright hate them. I could go on and on about this but I feel like I'd just cause drama if I did, so I'll leave this at that.

I feel like I have more I could say but this is what I have in mind for now. Take it or leave it, this is what a bystander who (mostly) already has what he cares for in the game has to say.

Also, I just realized that I worded this like a list of things to note do instead of just a list of problems, but I think it works like this.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's right. I've always felt like I was the odd one out because I play games that were known for male oriented fanservice (Though the guys themselves don't look that bad, especially Jan Lee-san) and didn't mind them as long as they were fun. And as a reminder, DOA fan girls do exist despite how few vocal fans there are. Even the game Xtreme would sell well with females because they either "like the fashion" or were open lesbians.

On the subject of Daisy, I feel like there are two good options for her victory theme. One would be a remix of the main SML theme just give the series that acknowledgement. Another would be the victory theme from one of the Tennis games (preferably Power Tennis) since they fit her athletic attitude.
Still having fun with the others, I see? I knew that you would quickly adapt to this wonderful environment and make a few new allies while we're here. I even checked out that Google+ cover of yours and the Senran Kagura bias is real with you, dear. And that's what I like about you, you're up front about your points and straight with them. :laugh:

And to add in on the subject of Daisy's victory theme, part of me wishes that she can have something from Mario kart since those jingles do suit here pretty well (1st place Mario Kart 8 & Double Dash for example). Though chances are that Sakurai would opt out for the more nostalgic SML theme or even stick with the generic themes Peach and the Mario Bros has.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I personally would like Daisy to just have regular Mario victory theme. It's more organized that way.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Doctor: Regular Mario winning theme
Bowser and Bowser Jr: guitar remix
Star Mama: Mario Galaxy Star Get theme

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Late, but here's something to start with while I have the time.

Special thanks to memoryman3 memoryman3 for giving me just the right example of what NOT to do:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72646712

I feel like this thread right here is a summary of why people would take issue with Daisy. The way her support is carried out needs improvement.

First thing's first, the beginning sentence. Starting out with an insult towards the other girls does not get you any points. You're insulting characters liked by other fanbases, giving them less reason to take your own opinion seriously. This isn't even limited to just Peach and Rosalina though, this happens with other characters like Waluigi and even Bowser Jr. too. Seriously, don't do that.

The second thing is having any condescending attitude. Treating people who don't think much of Daisy as people who just never played as her feels pretty damn condescending. Now, for a regular jerk like myself, I have no problem carrying that attitude, but I'm a self-admitted jerk. Are you a jerk? Then go ahead and do that if that's how you want to support what you like. Won't do you any good though, I'll guarantee that.

The third thing is forcing statements of objectivity on areas where there's clearly only subjectivity to work with. Saying that Daisy IS more fun than others is objectivity where there should be subjectivity. Wording is key. Saying something like "oh, she adds so and so" is better, since you can argue that you're right about whatever unique value you're promoting while avoiding a clash of opinions argument. Saying how you personally feel is easy to do, but wording that into a way that tells everyone why it's good to have in general is much more effective. Try to do this without saying something stupid though. I'd recommend not even mentioning Peach or Rosalina because chances are you'll just cause an argument of a different variety to start by doing so.

Now, with that out of the way, I can cover why other fandoms have it easier. It's mostly due to the characters themselves just being better off. K. Rool's fandom wouldn't see as much hate because he had the role of a main villain for so many years. Isaac is the protagonist of Golden Sun so it's hard to be more noteworthy than he is in regards to his own franchise. Daisy had a role that was already done by two other females for her debut, and for every appearance after she took on a Luigi/Waluigi sort of role. Luigi gets by due to getting things like the Mansion games and New Super Luigi U coming his way while Waluigi... eh, I'm not really sure about him. I feel like he gets hate too, but that's more so within the Mario fandom than within Smash. Within Smash I think he gets by because he lends himself well to memes, and Smash fans love their memes no matter how unfunny they are. It's petty but what can you do? This isn't a problem with the fandom necessarily but it's something that does stand in the way and separate Daisy from others (not to her benefit, obviously).

The other thing is to just maintain some damn self-control.

Like this little discussion. Seriously, I don't wanna come off as too hostile due to the irony it'd cause, but the Daisy fandom honestly strikes me as one of the more hostile ones out there at times due to moments like this. Stuff like this, or "b-b-but Rosalina!!!" when someone calls Daisy a recolor, or spamming Peach's miiverse with "vote 4 Daisy!", or attacking Waluigi because he got into Super Mario Maker while she didn't, any of that garbage is enough to actively warp a person's viewpoint of a character and make them outright hate them. I could go on and on about this but I feel like I'd just cause drama if I did, so I'll leave this at that.

I feel like I have more I could say but this is what I have in mind for now. Take it or leave it, this is what a bystander who (mostly) already has what he cares for in the game has to say.

Also, I just realized that I worded this like a list of things to note do instead of just a list of problems, but I think it works like this.
I almost feel bad responding to a long, well-thought-out post like this with a relatively short reply, but I just want to say: Thanks. You said what needs saying.

A lot of it also lines up with something myself and RC Walu RC Walu touched upon within the last few pages, that being that focussing on the positives and focussing support on why we like a given character, is much more likely to have positive results than people attacking other characters and their fanbases. :p

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
To be honest, some of the people on that thread made valid points against Daisy (Not all of them).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oi mates, remember when we were joking about Pink Gold Peach and her fam yesterday? It appears that Wario finally found the right woman who shines brighter than a diamond he discovered. Poor Mona. :laugh:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oi mates, remember when we were joking about Pink Gold Peach and her fam yesterday? It appears that Wario finally found the right woman who shines brighter than a diamond he discovered. Poor Mona. :laugh:

For some reason, this only reminds me of how tragic it was that New Super Mario Bros. 2's concept was wasted on Mario, when the whole mechanic would have suited Wario a whole lot better. :laugh:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
That I can agree with. I love Daisy but the way her support is carried out does need improvement. Many Daisy fans (not from smashboards) are really
rude, etc. Because of this Daisy has a bad reputation along with her supporters.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sorry, but can someone fill me in on who this Micheallol bloke is? I rarely even lurk the Smash Gamefaqs thread and heard that he's one of the more controversial Daisy fans out there. At least, that's what Azure tell me whenever he feels annoyed by the things he does there.

Last edited:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but can someone fill me in on who this Micheallol bloke is? I rarely even lurk the Smash Gamefaqs thread and heard that he's one of the more controversial Daisy fans out there. At least, that's what Azure tell me whenever he feels annoyed by the things he does there.
I'm with you, I have no clue who Micheallol is... But his name kinda reminds me of an Axolotl... Axolotl's are cute. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sigh, I was hoping that you wouldn't be so curious about "that fanboy". Just take a look at these two videos and you'll know how crazy he is.

So long story's short, he's one of the MOST infamous users on the SSB Gamefaqs boards and his Daisy fanboyism reaches pure insanity. If you support Daisy but doesn't do any drastic measures for the Smash Ballot, you are considered a "fake Daisy fan" in his eyes. And Beiber_Ninja is one of his many alts where he can truly act aggressive like calling you a "fat gay *** nerd" for disagreeing with him. And let's not forget the many other alts he created to spam the damn forums with his Daisy fanboyist topics.

So I really hope you think of him as a good guy after I tell you all of this. :mad088:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I can't believe he would throw away MONA for a statue.

For some reason, this only reminds me of how tragic it was that New Super Mario Bros. 2's concept was wasted on Mario, when the whole mechanic would have suited Wario a whole lot better. :laugh:
Funny thing, I saw somewhere that Wario was planned to be playable in NSMB2, but time constraints cut him (?)

Top Bottom