• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
I just don't think lame two-hit chains that the opponent could have easily avoided should be included in a combo video. Most of that was really nothing out of the ordinary. I'd expect videos in a "hall of fame" to consist of things extraordinary. If that's what it takes to make a good combo video, I need to make one too I suppose.

I don't "like Niko so much", but after watching all the peach main videos he seems to be the best player. He pulls out the best combos, although I'm sure edrees could give him a run for his money, and maybe you too.

But I heard you quit?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea I did quit. But when people found out all hell broke loose. And they wanted me to continue playing brawl as Peach and see how far I can take her. People got depressed and such. So I did something and decided I'll keep going and just fight on behalf of the Peach community.

Also I wanna add combos are not everything. I could pull off less combos then a person who is combo happy and still come off better than they are. Its more about mindgames and how you handle yourself with your character. You can have all the combos in the world. But what good are they if you dont have a brain? Its like having all the power in the world. You are the strongest thing alive. But if you dont know how to use all that power, then its no use and you cant do anything.

Thats how I see it and always have been.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
You should, you're an awesome peach player and you prove to everyone that peach is still a good character. Your videos have helped my game and I'm sure the games of a lot of other people.

When I heard you quit on AiB I was like 0____o

Good to know you're back.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I just don't think lame two-hit chains that the opponent could have easily avoided should be included in a combo video. Most of that was really nothing out of the ordinary. I'd expect videos in a "hall of fame" to consist of things extraordinary. If that's what it takes to make a good combo video, I need to make one too I suppose.

I don't "like Niko so much", but after watching all the peach main videos he seems to be the best player. He pulls out the best combos, although I'm sure edrees could give him a run for his money, and maybe you too.

But I heard you quit?
Niko is a good peach player, but definetly not the best.

Right now, I'm going to vote for Dark Pch, because unlike A VAST MAJORITY of the Peach players, he can handle himself in ALL character matchups. There wasn't enough time for the rest of us to work on the matchups quite like he did, so we're still getting the hang of it. (Though, the only matchup I can't win any more is good Ice Climbers... **** IC's).

Don't get me wrong though, Niko is an amazing player.

Oh, and the video was worth Hall of Faming. Some combos were low quality, but also everything in that video was skillful, and I doubt you could do it any better then they could have. They get their "2 hit combos" that the opponent should have missed by mindgames, aka skill. Of course, if you'd like to prove me wrong, I'm down for some matches anytime.

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
I may make a video sometime to see what you guys think of me, oh and if ANY of you will play me I still would like the challenge. I will probably lose from the lag whether I was good enough or not but its worth trying. :) Send me a PM if you do.

Anyway...

The vids were helpful. It is true that I already did a lot of that stuff, but not all of it. And if it teaches something it is very valuable in my opinion. The dair attack is very useful as D.Pch has shown.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The argument of which peach main is better is just absolutely ridiculous. We can't even determine who's the best yet because there hasn't even been any major tournaments. All the judging is based off of videos on youtube.

No one is the best, we just have an array of great players.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
The argument of which peach main is better is just absolutely ridiculous. We can't even determine who's the best yet because there hasn't even been any major tournaments. All the judging is based off of videos on youtube.

No one is the best, we just have an array of great players.
Sorry Niko, but you are wrong.

It's not rediculous to predict which player is better. And we do have tournament results. Besides, give it about 30 more days, I'm going to top 10 FAST and we'll know what's going on with which player ^.^

I guess I can agree though, we do have a bunch of really good Peach's. And it is hard to tell which Peach is better then whom, however I do believe that from what I have witnessed Dark Pch handled different character matches better. You do EXTREMELY well to, much better then I can, especially in the Wolf matchup, so please don't think I am bashing you. I'm merely speculating on matchups and whom has the upperhand ^.^

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
remember that that was my First combo vid and also my first actual vid made, i was looking for combos but i also was looking for a aplication of the player skill at their best potential, so everything DM and Dark said is true, i didnt make my combo vid as flashy as niko's. heck my vid is probably not be as good as his but i was mainly looking for good combos and good aplications of a players skill and showing ppl the peaches and what they can do

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sorry Niko, but you are wrong.

It's not rediculous to predict which player is better. And we do have tournament results. Besides, give it about 30 more days, I'm going to top 10 FAST and we'll know what's going on with which player ^.^

I guess I can agree though, we do have a bunch of really good Peach's. And it is hard to tell which Peach is better then whom, however I do believe that from what I have witnessed Dark Pch handled different character matches better. You do EXTREMELY well to, much better then I can, especially in the Wolf matchup, so please don't think I am bashing you. I'm merely speculating on matchups and whom has the upperhand ^.^
I disagree, though we do have tournament results these are mainly based within our own regions. Certain regions have an overall stronger set of players than other regions and thus they progress at a quicker rate. There has not yet been a huge brawl tournament where players from all over North America could actually compare their skills to a wide variety of other players. I'm not trying to say that I am better than Dark.Pch because quite frankly I could guarantee he has more mindgames than me solely because of his melee experience. Though I don't think its right to judge players overall based off of these youtube videos because they are just select matches that the player has done good in. Videos can't show consistency either.

I have been in top 5 for all the tournaments I have attended except one. This does mean that I am an above average player in Ontario, but if I attended another tournament way far away from me with a whole different community I could face challenges I have yet to come across. Though I can bring along my own threats to challenge the opposition with.

Claiming that one player is better at handling certain match-ups then another based off a select amount of videos isn't really an accurate way to decide "who's better". The player playing the other character could not be playing that character to its full potential, or just be a weaker player in comparison to the peach main. There are too many factors that affect who wins in the match and comparing two different sets of players is kind of farfetched to me.

Right now all there can and will be is speculation. Which is why I say "no one is the best."

hova

Smash Champion
Dark Meow you make a lot of idiotic posts. you wouldn't even get top 10 at a local md/va tourney so good luck with that in Florida

We should just all vote me the best Peach, because I have yet to show a single vid and play with G-regulate all day

plus I dsmash

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Someone should make a tournament result Thread. Just to see how well people are ranking in tourneys, and how well Peach stacks up against competition.

Making this thread can work to our advatage.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
I've got a 1st place and a 3rd place, but the only major tournament I went to I got 25th out of 50. I got pretty unlucky in the bracket though.... Oh and I'm in socal. That's all I've got in terms of tournament results x)

But yeah I agree that speculating which peach is better is probably a waste of time. We're all from different regions(though thankfully I've met 3-4 peach mains here) and play different sets of players.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
DM, thats a poor reason to vote foe me as the best.

Matches up mean nothing. I still lose them. I have been going through so many loses with Peach in the past week. Getting 0-death, getting 2 ant three stocked. Winning a match then screw it up and lose. I always screw up when winning. I suck under pressure and get nervous too easy. And I blow it at all tournaments I go too cause of that. I always screw up when it counts. Thats not top Peach material.

I cant beat TL or Falco. Those are my 2 worst matchups. And of course now I have been getting gayed by snakes. Your basing how good I am cause of videos of me winning. If you see me in my matches getting ****ed up, you think twice about how you think my Peach is. Same goes for the others.

This is why I say over and over. I am not this Peach player you all see me as. But I think I start recording videos of me getting beat bad all the time, that may make people see the light about me.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Could someone here on the peach boards help me out? I have some semi new video's I would really like to get onto youtube but I just don't have a capture card right now. If someone with a capture card and wii would add me to their friends list and allow me to send the replays over that would be great.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@Niko:: I see your point, I guess I wasn't looking at it quite like that. I forgot about regional dominance, so you are right it is impossible to predict which player is best at what point.

@Dark Pch:: I haven't watched all of your videos. I was talking about the matches we have played. And you've played all of my roommates to, with different characters, hence why I said that. I don't really care if you win or lose. I probably will never take 1st in Dallas, due to the amount of good players. Doesn't mean I suck.

@Hova:: esus cristos ava satani. Hail Satan.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DM, thats a poor reason to vote foe me as the best.

Matches up mean nothing. I still lose them. I have been going through so many loses with Peach in the past week. Getting 0-death, getting 2 ant three stocked. Winning a match then screw it up and lose. I always screw up when winning. I suck under pressure and get nervous too easy. And I blow it at all tournaments I go too cause of that. I always screw up when it counts. Thats not top Peach material.

I cant beat TL or Falco. Those are my 2 worst matchups. And of course now I have been getting gayed by snakes. Your basing how good I am cause of videos of me winning. If you see me in my matches getting ****ed up, you think twice about how you think my Peach is. Same goes for the others.

This is why I say over and over. I am not this Peach player you all see me as. But I think I start recording videos of me getting beat bad all the time, that may make people see the light about me.
dark heres a problem with showing us ur bad stuff
we already know what u can do. and it wont matter if u post a vid with u getting 3 stocked in 40 seconds, everyone has their ups and downs i have had alot of downs (in my real life and my gaming career) but i have pulled out of them, its horrible to see u like this man, u may not think ur that good but others see u as the best. i dont think im that good, hell i think im just mediocre but ppl think im good,
i know how its like to get ***** by those characters, and the same things happen to me to. i get really nervous, and f*** up and lose the set usally because i bent under pressure or even gotten intimidated by my opponent . one match i fought against a snake who was not to good and i got beaten by him pretty badly. i wasnt autocanceling my moves, wasnt thinking about what he was doing or what i was doing. i became the old peachkid who didnt know squat about peach and the game, i know its hard to do this but u cant give up now. its hard to forget about what has happened, i know u can do it. dont give up on me dude please.

thats my two cents

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
dark heres a problem with showing us ur bad stuff
we already know what u can do. and it wont matter if u post a vid with u getting 3 stocked in 40 seconds, everyone has their ups and downs i have had alot of downs (in my real life and my gaming career) but i have pulled out of them, its horrible to see u like this man, u may not think ur that good but others see u as the best. i dont think im that good, hell i think im just mediocre but ppl think im good,
i know how its like to get ***** by those characters, and the same things happen to me to. i get really nervous, and f*** up and lose the set usally because i bent under pressure or even gotten intimidated by my opponent . one match i fought against a snake who was not to good and i got beaten by him pretty badly. i wasnt autocanceling my moves, wasnt thinking about what he was doing or what i was doing. i became the old peachkid who didnt know squat about peach and the game, i know its hard to do this but u cant give up now. its hard to forget about what has happened, i know u can do it. dont give up on me dude please.

thats my two cents
I dont anymore. I have been stressed alot lately with this and feel like I cant do anything. Its just been hell lately. And feel I am getting worst. Thats why I say people should not look up to me so much. Im just gonna screw up.

There are other Peach players that can handle themselfs better than I can. Now those are the players to really look up upon. Like Mikey and edresse. And a few more players

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, you can't do what Mew2King did to me. He was my hero, and then ruined smash for me. Now I play to become the best and trash talk him alot XD

But either way.... **** YOU DARK PCH!!!!!! I WORE A ****ING TIGGER SUIT TO A TOURNEY, AND YOU ARE STILL GONNA BE ALL DEPRESSED???!!! You are an amazing player, quit being so dumb about it and accept it already. Just don't get cocky.

@Hova:: Dude. That was pretty cool. Not gonna lie.

@Dark Meow1:: Would you just stfu and go away?

Oh, and everyone, just took 3rd at a tournament with some really good players in it ^.^ (Like Melee1 ect.)

And then, I beat Melee 1's Ice Climbers in a 3 out of 5, winning 3 in a row XD It was amazing. Not bad, beating some of the most notorious Ice Climbers in the nation as I just picked up the IC matchup ^.^

Niko_K

Smash Master
Could someone here on the peach boards help me out? I have some semi new video's I would really like to get onto youtube but I just don't have a capture card right now. If someone with a capture card and wii would add me to their friends list and allow me to send the replays over that would be great.
Anyone help me out here?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry I missed that post ^.^

Yeah, my Wii is in for repairs, I get it back today I believe. So PM me your AIM (or get it if you would) and I'll go ahead and get those replays recorded for you ^.^

My recording setup is pretty nice, go ahead and give some songs though, my audio is complete crap. As a matter of fact, I'd probably check out some other options before. But I am an option ^.^

Niko_K

Smash Master
Can we just PM eachother our Wii Codes and our Brawl Codes? Ill rapidshare you the songs I want to put in.

Just to tease everyone they are two falco matches. I did realllly well too.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't know mine yet, like I said I don't have it yet XD

I will be getting it back today or tomorrow though ^.^

And yeah, wtf is rapid share T_T

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
But either way.... **** YOU DARK PCH!!!!!! I WORE A ****ING TIGGER SUIT TO A TOURNEY, AND YOU ARE STILL GONNA BE ALL DEPRESSED???!!! You are an amazing player, quit being so dumb about it and accept it already. Just don't get cocky.
Im gonna leave this alone. If you know what I was going through (outside this game) then maybe you would not make such bold statements like this. I suggest you make sure you get your facts straight and think before you post.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
hey hey everyone calm down....
jeez why does this have to be a drama fest....Dark meow. just give dark pch some space right now. i thought it was hilarious that u dressed up, but like i said dark needs space.

and dark, those matches that we played yesterday, u ***** me! and when i went to white peach i was beasting, its Tl and falco that u have problems with right? if u want i could go and learn the metagames for them and play u and help u get used to them.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Nevermind, I think I misunderstood your post lmao.

What were you trying to say?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Just what I thought. lmao

Okay, I'll end up the MSN conversation now :p

Top Bottom