• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Good Peach, thanks for sharing...interesting usage of Peach's "flap"/groundfloat. Look at 0:34, dash > groundfloat "flap" > stutter step fsmash....I never use it for more than a taunt, I wonder if it is actually of any use. I want to analyze his usage of it for a bit.

:urg::urg::urg:

While I admire this Peach's spacing, he has noooooooooo idea how to fight G&W. And that G&W needs to learn to DI.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Good Peach, thanks for sharing...interesting usage of Peach's "flap"/groundfloat. Look at 0:34, dash > groundfloat "flap" > stutter step fsmash....I never use it for more than a taunt, I wonder if it is actually of any use. I want to analyze his usage of it for a bit.
The flap's purpose is as insignificant as yoshi's DR. But it's a lot easier to perform and is certainly a lot more distracting. In other vids I saw the peach flapping and then suddenly do a running grab (which tbh I did not see coming at all). This possibly might help our ground game, particularly with mindgames.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Isn't pierce the marth that Dark plays and as a result Dark thinks the matchup is impossibly hard? I played Pierce at genesis, he was fun to play against and has a great marth. Good **** the first match Vanz :)

Cia

das kwl
Isn't pierce the marth that Dark plays and as a result Dark thinks the matchup is impossibly hard? I played Pierce at genesis, he was fun to play against and has a great marth. Good **** the first match Vanz :)
I guess. i never knew him until the smashfest. he's one of the most chill people i've met though. I think that if i played a bit more defensively, i could have won. But he plays the match up really well. I still think Marth v. Peach is only slightly in his favor.

Holy **** VanZ, two Bombs in a row? Good ****!
Nice matches as always :bee:

Edit: Why don't you momentum cancel?
I KNOW!! everyone jumped out of their seats when they saw that haha. and i don't momentum cancel because i don't know what that is.. LMAO. i'm always the last to know the advanced techs :laugh:

Metatitan

Smash Master
I guess. i never knew him until the smashfest. he's one of the most chill people i've met though. I think that if i played a bit more defensively, i could have won. But he plays the match up really well. I still think Marth v. Peach is only slightly in his favor.

I KNOW!! everyone jumped out of their seats when they saw that haha. and i don't momentum cancel because i don't know what that is.. LMAO. i'm always the last to know the advanced techs :laugh:
I saw some melee stuff in there that you need to work out xD. Like using L roll to come back from the ledge, that doesn't work too well in brawl xD

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=4377

There's a blog that tells you all about momentum canceling.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Here's a very recent one of me. My first few sessions playing against Kagato's monster of a Bowser. He always goes for the Bowsercide on the final stocks, to, you'll see me goe F-air crazy, just to keep my distance in the final stock, and keep me away from the egde as much as possible. My Peach is very average, so this was a proud moment for me.

VS Kagato ( Bowser )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3zcYuBtFg&feature=channel_page

And don't mind the little intro, I do those when i make vids for people i first face off with.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
On Yoshi's Island when you're about to fall to your doom (assuming the Parasol didn't reach the ledge), you can kind of hover over the ghost platform thing with Parasol in hopes that it'll save you from dying. Just wanted to point that out since you didn't do it in the first video :p

I think you should use and space Fair more against Marth. It out ranges his Fair.

And I think you should momentum cancel. When hit off the stage you:
Uair > Double jump towards the stage
Or if you have a Turnip, throw it down followed by a second jump

I only watched the first to videos.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Guys, do you want me to remove early-mid 2008 videos?

I think I'll also group money matches and tourney matches in one group and remove Brawl+ (ew) section.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Can the Vanz vs Seibrik vids be added?

I can't seem to find them, I probably overlooked though. Kind of want to see some Peach vs DDD, we played all day yesterday and he compleeeeeeeetely destroyed me. :(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
VaNz!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi87hSWvytA

>-(

You're doing it wrong! Only four minutes??

You see 3:16?

Do THAT the entire match. GGs. ;)

Also, when you grabbed him at 3:22, you could've released him into a fair or nair :o I never saw a grab release to usmash, that made me sad. I like seeing Warios get usmashed, it makes me tingle inside.

Cia

das kwl
VaNz!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi87hSWvytA

>-(

You're doing it wrong! Only four minutes??

You see 3:16?

Do THAT the entire match. GGs. ;)

Also, when you grabbed him at 3:22, you could've released him into a fair or nair :o I never saw a grab release to usmash, that made me sad. I like seeing Warios get usmashed, it makes me tingle inside.
LOLOL. i know about grab releasing wario. and i think i'm pretty good at the match up. but i don't really abuse that in friendlies. i just fight him as i would a jigglypuff.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet

I think I'll also group money matches and tourney matches in one group and remove Brawl+ (ew) section.
I'm cool with that. and PLEASE, yes, lol, removes the Brawl+ "sore losers version of the game" videos. :laugh:

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Has Peach v Wario been discussed lately in the match-up thread? I still got issues with that match, probly cause I rarely play a half-way decent Wario ever.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

omg yes. My early-mid 2008 videos are TERRIBLE. I was a Brawl noob, didn't DI, had terrible spacing, didn't think. haha

KILL THOSE VIDS.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I think this thread should be updated to 09 vids only. The metagame for everyone changed so much and 08 vids look really scrubby.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think this thread should be updated to 09 vids only. The metagame for everyone changed so much and 08 vids look really scrubby.
If more people agree with this I'll definitely do it (takes lots of less time as well :bee:). I'll regroup the 08 videos in the second post or something.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Your welcome Peach boards. If it matters, I'm still looking for a secondary and Peach is up there on the list.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I will point out, in our defense, that this was a combined Washington-Oregon crew cause WA didn't have enough players :p:p

Excel, tag tag isn't MOMA, it's MDMA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

The MK using the tag MDMA is Eggz. xD

I was being a jerk and coaching Eggz the whole time and Excel still delivered the **** :(

Top Bottom