• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
All players please note the following rule change.

Voting and Lynching said:
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Swiss.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote Vote: Swiss. You do not need to unvote before revoting.
3. No lynch target is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. To do so, use the command Vote: No Lynch Target
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, the player with the highest number of votes will be lynched. Any ties will be decided by randomization.
5. Twilight phase will be after the lynch or deadline is reached, but before the Game Moderator starts the night phase. All alive players (including any "hammered" players) may post during this time.
6. There is to be NO posts during Night.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

"I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I sure like your magic pixie drink!"

A deadline has been set for 09/16/12 @ 8pm EST.

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count
Dark Horse :b::b::b:: Vinyl, Ranmaru, Badwolf28738
Vinyl :b::b:: Dark Horse, Яagnarock

Not Voting (2)
SummonerAU
Macman

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf, why do you lean DH or vinyl?
Vinyl, if we had to, would you lynch Badwolf?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But for what reason other than his bad plays? His bad plays? His inactivity?

Possibly sometime around D4, I could.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you mean, of course for his bad plays.

Why D4?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yeah, iirc,it was when he was making posts against me. I felt like he was refusing to reconsider. I guess it's a good way to play if you think you're right all the time. I always try to consider people's posts from the perspective of if I'm wrong if I'm pushing someone I think is scum and if I find a post that could be read either way, I don't use it as fuel against them. Well, I guess I just went over why I asked about "what about this post if DH is town", so don't worry about that I guess Ran lol. I'm just trying to say to Ran that some of those posts could be read either way and I feel that his perception of the person he's making a case against is leading to his reasoning and not his reasoning leading to the person he's making a post against.
A big difference is that, in GS3, I found his push on you/J to be very valid and solid (You guys were pretty scummy). Compare that to here, where he is being incredibly reachy.

If DH were town I'm sure he'd have better pushes than what he has now. He had both the scum pinned in GS3, so I can definetly see a inconsistency.
One of my scumreads has flipped scum and I am pushing someone that has been incredibly scummy that you and badwolf are showing a blind eye to. How is that inconsistent?

Also, When scum get better, they don't leave BIG TRAILS, so obviously there is nothing I can show that is THAT DAMNING, or rather, OBVIOUS. You can't expect to find scum that way. I can only show you what I think from many smaller posts, and just overall play. You just have to see how it flows and see if it just flows in a way scum would play.
That's no excuse for blatant pulling **** out of your *** to justify a read.

I would have to pick from more than one person, I wouldn't be able to find scum from that if you flipped scum. We'd have to lynch one of those two, if it were something to look into. So yes, it does. It's only something I find slightly off though.
That's where actual scumhunting comes into play.

Not at all. To me it seemed like you thought his actions were warranted, instead of you disliking it. Your 'come to think of it' seems like something else made you 'reconsider' and that is why I don't feel what you say is the case. Get me?
"Come to think" was because my first thought was that he was joking around, the second was that he was joking when there's no reason to be; badwolf/vinyl had given something to
talk about.

The reason why I say that, is because you asked Macman "What about bad being bad?" twice, to seem as if you cared about that little detail. Then when he explained it was a joke, you had no ammunition on him and jumped on Badwolf to make it look like you were re-evaluating. Basically you tried to pull scumminess from Macman's 'Bad is bad (idk)' thing and it failed, and you tried to regroup.
Yeah, I had no ammunition on him once he revealed he was joking. I know when to stop pushing. Summoner asked me about badwolf, I reread, amd found him scummy.

Here you pick out the ONLY thing you could consider scummy from Mac's read list. This is what seemed scummy to me from you.
Common sense fails again!

Badwolf is bad is the only thing I picked because it was scummy. Aside from that, it was just a readslist.

You ask again because of course, it's important to you, and you are trying to seem 'consistent'.
Of course it's important to me. I thought it was scummy, so I asked about it to make sure it wasn't a misunderstanding. I disliked his responses, hence the push.

This is where I feel scumminess from you in this. You back off Macman because you have lost all ammunition on him, and then proceed to say that you re-read BECAUSE OF SUMMONER'S QUESTION, and then voted him. I felt that was a scummy move because it just shows that you didn't really have any real scumpicks and just used some reasoning to justify you moving to Badwolf.
Oh ****, my push turned out to be a misunderstanding. Am I supposed to sit on my ***? No.

And yes, summoner's question prompted me.

That is very general though. People can always act in differently in situations and I just feel it's a very weak reason to have voted Vinyl in the first place.
It was almost the same situation in celeb, so it's not a different situation. Hell, the argument isn't that people can act differently in different situations doesn't even make sense, as the point is that vinyl was acting the same in a similar situation.

Ok, did you ever explain what the pressure vote did for you though? Like did it garner a read or something?
I did. Though in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have been so quick to credit vimyl with a town read, considering how quickly I had switched to macman after seeing one of his posts that I have found legitamently scummy.

Give me quotes. Also when did you start thinking of a bad/ori team? (Just say a post number)
Have you been reading this game?

Because your smiley came off as smug to me. This is referring to the hypocrite part, the second part was just my overall feeling of what you were doing.
The context is completley different. Macman was reiterating for the 15th billion time that I was scum, and I was questioning vinyl to further a read.

I feel it isn't genuine because you say his reasoning is terrible and that he comes off as smug to tip him as scummy over dumbtown. (Since usually his reasoning are garbage regardless of alignment) I don't see any scum intent in his posts, and am not convinced by your case.
I question him, and he proceeds to OMGUS me with garbage reasoning so bad that I don't see dumbtown actually using it. How is that not scummy?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think imma go vinyl today

yu can ask me to back this up, but then i wudn't know what to tell you. (Since i haven't read anything that happened... I just don't particularly feel DH should die b4 vinyl, and tbh im not liking whose on dh's wagon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Should hammer him so that DH isn't auto lynched since he was put up to three votes first.

If vinyl flips scum, look at Bad. If town, go towards DH.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Can you explain why you wanted to go DH?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You mean you don't know why you feel going DH over Vinyl at the top of your head? All I want is a simple reason for why.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
i remembered that he was my higher scum pick. I don't remember off the top of my head why but I do remember that I had him down as scum more than Vinyl.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Also, now I'm kind of disliking BW a bit here after that hammer. The hell are you doing, man? Get outvof lackluster city and something more productive.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count
Vinyl :b::b::b::b:: Dark Horse, Яagnarock, Ranmaru, Badwolf28738
Dark Horse :b: Vinyl

Not Voting (2)
SummonerAU
Macman

"Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!"

Vinyl (Dr Nick), the Vanilla Townie has been lynched!

Day 3 Begins! A deadline has been set for 09.24.12 at 12.01am EST.

Prods to go out later.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vote: Badwolf

down with that.

Badwolf, you need to back up your votes from yesterday with some reasoning and explain who you think are the two scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i think imma go vinyl today

yu can ask me to back this up, but then i wudn't know what to tell you. (Since i haven't read anything that happened... I just don't particularly feel DH should die b4 vinyl, and tbh im not liking whose on dh's wagon
Macman talk to me about the underlined.

Summoner why are you so quick to go Bad? How does Vinyl's town flip make you reflect on your reads.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I always misread Badwolf based on his experience and willingness to play the game. I'm willing to go that route but I haven't seen anything specifically telling other than his normal play, which is being very inactive and vague about everything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup do you have any other thoughts? :confused:

I mean I think it's time to get serious here.

@Dark Horse: Who is your next pick today?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I've already stated my reasoning. Although if you want more, I had voted DH because of the lack of activity. Then I had voted Vinyl because he was going to die anyway and I really didn't want to wait for the end of the Day before it happened. I just wanted to get into D4 to tell you the truth. there was no point to me holding on to my DH vote any longer because it was clear that Vinyl was a dead man. Ask me questions if you like, but I'm really busy until Friday and can't do a full reread until then. I will, however, be posting and stuff.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Any suspicions at the top of the head? Also, opinion on Macman?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Badwolf needed to post something. He coasted all through yesterday and ends up just voting Vinyl just to get today. He's either being useless or he's trying to coast through the game as scum. Right now, as soon as he's gotten some heat for it, he's given more info and posted more often. This is a good thing for either possibility. If Badwolf is just going to coast through the day and then vote whoever has the most votes at the end and needs votes on him to contribute, then I'm going to leave the vote there.

Vinyl's town flip has made me a little nervous about some of my previous town reads. It might not even be an issue, but iunno. DH+Badwolf wasn't that big of a thing for me. Right now, I'm a bit more focused on my pending assignments than rereads tbh. That'll be out of the way either tomorrow or the next day though so whatever.

Ran, what are your thoughts about BW and why do you think he should be around today?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

Ugh, this high speed modem is intolerably slow. What's this, the Internet King? I wonder if he can provide faster nudity.

A deadline has been set for 09.24.12 at 12.01am EST

With 6 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count
Badwolf28738 :b:: SummonerAU

Not Voting (5)
Dark Horse
Яagnarock
Ranmaru
Badwolf28738
Macman

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I look at this thread, sigh, and dream about how much I want to lynch Ranmaru.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf needed to post something. He coasted all through yesterday and ends up just voting Vinyl just to get today. He's either being useless or he's trying to coast through the game as scum. Right now, as soon as he's gotten some heat for it, he's given more info and posted more often. This is a good thing for either possibility. If Badwolf is just going to coast through the day and then vote whoever has the most votes at the end and needs votes on him to contribute, then I'm going to leave the vote there.

Vinyl's town flip has made me a little nervous about some of my previous town reads. It might not even be an issue, but iunno. DH+Badwolf wasn't that big of a thing for me. Right now, I'm a bit more focused on my pending assignments than rereads tbh. That'll be out of the way either tomorrow or the next day though so whatever.

Ran, what are your thoughts about BW and why do you think he should be around today?
Underlined, I don't see how you have a scumread on him from that, then. Also, you say you are only leaving your vote on him so he can contribute, instead of just voting him because of something scummy he did. I might consider going towards Baddy due to that, but it's too easy, I want to make sure we get the right lynch.

It's not about him having to stay around, it's more along the issue that I think I have to re-evaluate my reads here. We just used up one mislynch, and you guys are already going down the baddy route without really trying to re-evaluate. This I don't like. In the bold, I don't even get why this isn't an issue for you.

I want people to explain who they will be re-evaluating and why. Everyone. (Basically, on a bad scumflip, and bad townflip)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
No Ranmaru, you misunderstand. That's not what I was trying to say. I was trying to show both sides to Badwolf's possible alignment. I think Badwolf is scummy just from how god damn hard he's coasted and then how he came around at the end of the day to vote either DH or Vinyl and didn't say why besides "I remember not liking DH". I'm trying to show that if you consider Badwolf town(for whatever reason), the fact that he's doing nothing and seems to only be putting effort in when he gets some heat should prompt you into putting your vote on him to get some god damn content from him. Basically, my read on badwolf has gone scum -> wtf AtE **** -> who ****ing knows, posted nothing -> scum (not caring who went of DH and Vinyl). In case you can't tell, I'm a little annoyed that one of the 2 people I don't have a town read on has basically just prod dodged since D2 start.

It isn't a big deal because I'm more confident on my town reads than the lack of a connection between Badwolf and DH. I'm also not really worried because if there isn't one scum between Badwolf and DH, I've misread 2/3 people in my townlist (I doubt that). If we lynch Badwolf and DH and there's only one scum there, we get like another 2 mislynches and it isn't a huge deal to re-eval then.

I'll go over Badwolf flipping town and DH flipping town now. Badwolf flipping town would make me look at DH and Soup mainly because the D1 discussion with Ran and Macman regarding DH doesn't seem like something scumpartners would do. If DH flipped town, I'd be looking at Badwolf and Macman because Badwolf and Soup's exchange when Badwolf was doing his **** at the end of D1 doesn't seem like partner stuff either. Badwolf's posts regarding Macman's D1 laziness, especially the hopping off the wagon could be Badwolf hopping on a partner's wagon and hopping off the first chance he gets.

(Please note: I said look at)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If Badwolf flipped scum, I'd look at Macman. Basically because of Badwolf's unvote on Macman, since he started caring.

If he flipped town, I'd go towards Soup. ALL THE WAY IN. You know why? Because I feel Soup is my strongest scumread and I'm NOT going to go towards DH if Badwolf flips town. No way jose. So if you want Soup and DH upon Badwolf town, then you are going to have to go towards Soup first. Especially since you have always been OK with DH.

I might consider just lynching Badwolf.

I'll vote once you respond.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Guys we have two days to deadline cmon

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Wow, there's legit only been one person who's posted since my last post. I felt bad because I had to do some work and didn't post for awhile but wow.

I don't think I'd go Soup over DH if Badwolf flips town, I haven't looked into it but I was pretty happy with souptown at the end of D1. I'm pretty sure looking into it now will just produce a bunch of wasted effort, so I'm not going to do it until I see Badwolf flip town.

inb4 Only Ranmaru and I are around for the next week of posting.
@Mod: mass prod please

Top Bottom