• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

"We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count
Vinyl :b::b:: Dark Horse, Яagnarock
Dark Horse :b::b:: Vinyl, Ranmaru

Not Voting (3)
Badwolf28738
SummonerAU
Macman

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH, did you ever mention who you think is partnered with Vinyl?
I mentioned badwolf, though I also mentioned that their interactions early D1 don't make sense as scum

I will get to that. But while I do that, I want you to tell me why you read soup as town.
Not only what I previously said (He seems to be really looking for scum; I have no idea why you think that is "weak town reasoning"), there's also the fact that he's willing to look down different avenues (Like 675, where he shows that he's willing to consider different pinions than his own).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Responding to prod. I want to vote Vinyl. over DH. Ran, talk to me why you want the latter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Smugness was part of what made him scum over dumbtown. What I thought was initially scummy was that his initial reaction reeked (Instead of actually answering the question, he just tried a push on me) and it all went downhill from there

Also, he tried to OMGUS me an try and back it up with the fact that "I asked him a question." That's terrible.
Yet, he did answer the question. I see an explanation for his vote as well. So, is it merely an omgus to omgus, or is it a vote with the reasoning that he found your vote odd due to a contradiction (from his pov)?

Also, what do you think of him voting his 'least townie read'? Does it make sense to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Summoner, get at me with your opinions on Vinyl and DH. I want to see what you see.

MACMAN GET THE **** IN HERE. Need to talk to you dude.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So, is it merely an omgus to omgus, or is it a vote with the reasoning that he found your vote odd due to a contradiction (from his pov)?
That's not the reasoning. He explicitly stated that it was because I was asking him questions. That's not a contradiction at all.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ran, im around

i think soup is town cuz hes the only player i really synced with. I sense a real urge to find scum, he hasn't really been hesitant at all in his scumhunting, idk. just get thaat town vibe you know?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh hey.

Talk to me about the direction. I want to go DH. How you feeling about that?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
im not sure yet

still tryna muck up the courage to reread the thread.

We have 3 mislynches b4 we lose, so i dont think it matters too much who we pick right now

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Quote it for me.
It's like you're willing to go in on anything you see as lynch possibility, like what you asked me right now, rather than looking from the past reads, giving out your thoughts, and most certainly seeing who you think should be suspected, which was what summoner did. But you? "I'm gonna ask a question on vinyl".
Also, it can't be an omgus to an omgus, as that would imply that I attacked vinyl because vinyl attack me, and vinyl then attacked me because I attcked him.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Ran:

Regarding Vinyl and DH, I'll go over them both together as their interaction on the last page influences my opinion of both.

I disliked how Vinyl reacted with DH, and DH's points about the interaction it in his #673 are valid and reasonable. I do agree with DH in the point (#1) he made about Vinyl in his #673 and that the smugness is stinky. I don't understand why you would react like that to DH's question at the time. That reaction and DH's actions around it make me dislike Vinyl but like DH more.

Regarding DH in particular, I was pretty happy with him being lynched with what I thought was a good Ori/DH link, but when Ori flipped SK, obviously that link doesn't mean anything and what I'm left with is his push on Macman which was apparently based on lazymac and misreading some posts. The fact that he agreed with Macman's reasoning in a post about a DH/Ori scumlink (besides the being scum part) and Ori flipping scum is interesting.

If you asked me to pick between DH and Vinyl, I'd go Vinyl. Isn't a huge deal though, we have a bunch of mislynches or something.

Although, I think people should look at badwolf right now. He was scummy as **** all D1 and then did a huge AtE and ori ended up being lynched instead. Ori flipped SK and then Badwolf basically goes straight up inactive (granted basically everyone did as well) but Badwolfhas basically only given his 2 most town reads, claimed VT again and then said he's "leaning DH over Vinyl" today. I feel that his inactivity could be a scum member becoming disinterested in the game after the only NK source was lynched. I don't like how the day is gearing up towards a pick between Vinyl and DH and I feel like Badwolf should be looked at before a lynch happens.

@Badwolf: Can you expand on why you're leaning DH over Vinyl and can you give you current views of each player? If you see any connections between any other player and these two, can you outline them?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'd say that the early "you tried to make me claim a town role" stuff would indicate one of them is town.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yeah, that's the big reason why I'm not really looking at badwolf now; their early interactions don't make sense from a SvS point of view.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
eh? Just because you have one interaction doesn't mean you should pursue the other. He should at least be asked about why he's leaning you over Vinyl

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going into that right now. Give me a bit to finish my write up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also soup tell me your opinion of Summoner while I get at it

#HBC | ѕoup

Feels genuine, perhaps wordy and not focused, but genuine. That's the best definition I can give to describe his play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here I explain why I really feel DH is the play over Vinyl. Macman, you state you need to re-read and I don't think you'll get around to it. Dude, I covered that. Seriously. xD This is the way to go. Just read my input here in this post, I think it covers most of it. I did this because I feel we need to get the ball rolling. We can't keep waiting for people to 're-read'. I feel this is the best route.

Vote: Dark Horse (After you read this, you guys should follow suit)

[COLLAPSE="Explanation of DH Scum (CASE)"]Post #12

Vote: Badwolf
Vote: Vinyl

I claim doublevoter
DH votes Bad and Vinyl, which isn't helpful in finding out if he RVS'd a buddy or not. I find votes like these scummy because it hides your intentions on voting, same thing as using random.org to RVS.

Post #63

Vote: Vinyl

Dead serious here
Pressure vote.

Post #68

I get the feeling he's still joking around.

Come to think of it, consider my vote on him in spirit
Here he shows support for my Macman push, even though he doesn't really give a reason here. This is important.

Post #86

Unvote, Vote: Macman
Here he quotes Macman (Click the link above for context) and votes him. He doesn't give the original reasoning for why he was supporting my push on him, and this felt more like he was hopping on with whatever reason he could justify to get on.

Post #149

Look at what he did. Sure he said he was joking, but he also said that he would pick badwolf to lynch today if he had to (that's not really joking), yet then says that "the read is pointless" which reeks of him trying to not get too involved. I'd say it's certainly telling,
Here it shows DH trying to angle what Macman said into a scumtell. Post #171

Post #192

I voted mac because I didn't like his interactions with badwolf, he had said that he thought badwolf is scum, yet the reads useless as he hadn't done any scumhunting. And now, after he's done joking, he still thinks badwolf's scum, though he says IDK.

I voted you because I disliked your origional interactions with badwolf; they reminded me of my noobscum interactions in celeb rehab. Though I wouldn't consider it telling enough to lynch off of right now, I did feel like pressuring you further, via the dead serious vote.
I don't like the underlined because he tries to justify his actions in a different game with the person who he says is scum, when people can act differently in situations. DH says he pressured Vinyl with a dead serious vote, yet didn't get anything with it. (I don't think he explains anything about the reaction he got)

Post #227

I initially thought so do due to your initial "I would pick badwolf." Yeah, it was weak, but I thought that you were serious with "badwolf is bad," which was why I kept pushing you, as that came a lot later.

Summoner's question prompted me to reread badwolf, and I've found that he's actually been pretty damn scummy. Look at his early interaction with Vinyl. The "trying to claim a town role" comes completley out of the blue; before that, vinyl was talking about how badwolf buddy him as scum, and isn't buddying him now, which is far from "trying to claim a town role." In addition, his 98, where he votes macman, is incredibly safe ("This rea is shaky, but i'm going to vote macman"). So yeah, can definetley see badwolfscum without banking on macman scum.

Unvote, Vote: Badwolf
I see this as DH trying to push you off the smallest thing possible that he could. He realized that he couldn't push you anymore, so he used the underlined to justify him moving his vote and I don't find it genuine.

Post #371

I'm down.

Unvote, Vote: Ori

Consider my vote on badwolf in spirit :troll:

As for who I think is scummier, I'm honestly not sure. I'd be fine with lynching either of them today.
You could tell DH and Ori weren't aligned because he was totally cool with throwing his vote his way. He didn't really oppose to it much, or need that much convincing to vote him. Feels a bit scummy.

Post #469

You know what?

At this time I didn't understand why he did this, and I always think "Why did he do this?" and then I remember, that I covered that option. :cool: (I asked him why in the next quote)

Post #498

I was ready for a lynch. At the time I saw responses to badwolf's "you guys are all idiots" and badwolf's responses to those go nowhere and felt as though they were just a waste of time.
So here, he explains he voted Badwolf because he was ready for a lynch. This is scummy because it shows he was ready to lynch ANYONE, not just who he felt was scum. Come on now.

Post #569

I feel this is pot calls the kettle black when it comes to his reasoning on Vinyl, because this comes off as smugness and trying to pass off being called scum. Basically I feel DH is being a hypocrite here and is trying to use any reasoning he can to lynch Vinyl.

Post #651

And like I said, I don't find his push genuine and is trying to push whatever he can. I had a hard time trying to explain why I find DH very scummy, so I just quoted most of his votes from the entire game. It shows he really isn't looking for scum or showing much 'logic and reason' as to why one may be scum. Just bull****. Don't you guys see it? Don't be distracted by the little dumb things Vinyl has done. It isn't as malicious and scum intented as DH's actions.

Vote this guy, end him. Summoner, I want your opinion on this.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Macman/Summoner posts"]

Post #250

lol so I'm reread the first couple pages (cuz of ran's post) and baddy's #53 (and his everything else) don't make any sense to me. Ran, earlier on, you said that you think it's easier to read newbies... and I completely disagree, cuz I never know whether theyre doing bad stuff because they're scum or because theyre new. And I don't hold them to the same standards of better players so it makes me overlook some of their scummy play.

anyways, I'm fine with almost everyone in this town. I want either DH or ORI to go today. After they're out of the picture I think I'd wanna focus on Baddy. Even after rereading his posts i'm still swinging back and forth on him.

I agree with ran that DH's vote on me seemed opportunistic. This is further solidified by the fact that his reason(s) for voting me was weak. His explanations for me as scum didn't seem to coincide time-wise with the actions of the game. (He gave reasons for me being scum that occurred after he initially painted me as scum)

Dark horse, how exactly did vinyls actions remind you of your noobscum play in CRM?

Soup, I don't see how you think DH's pushes seemed genuine
Macman. Re-read this quote. I feel this is the direction you should be heading, instead of losing focus and going other routes. I can understand why you may want to go Bad after DH, but don't forget that you know that DH has been more opportunistic than Vinyl has.

Post #282

You're right, while DH's responses haven't really incriminated him further, they haven't really alleviated my concerns with him. I still don't like his reasoning for pushing me in the first place.

What I'm becoming more worried about however is Badwolf and his lack of content. He's done odd things like that 'town claim' comment earlier on, as well as jump on and then off my wagon that he hasn't given any explanation for. I was previously just marking them off as weird newb behavior but I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. Him continually pushing off his posts for later and later also doesn't help his case.

Actually going back to DH. He initially votes me to make me stop joking around but later on he switches to have a real read on me because of a misinterpreted post(s) of mine. Just feels odd
This is right. I still think you should go back to DH man. You said you need to re-read, but there is no need. I did all the reading that needed to be done, right here in this post.

Post #338

@Ran:

Regarding Vinyl and DH, I'll go over them both together as their interaction on the last page influences my opinion of both.

I disliked how Vinyl reacted with DH, and DH's points about the interaction it in his #673 are valid and reasonable. I do agree with DH in the point (#1) he made about Vinyl in his #673 and that the smugness is stinky. I don't understand why you would react like that to DH's question at the time. That reaction and DH's actions around it make me dislike Vinyl but like DH more.

Regarding DH in particular, I was pretty happy with him being lynched with what I thought was a good Ori/DH link, but when Ori flipped SK, obviously that link doesn't mean anything and what I'm left with is his push on Macman which was apparently based on lazymac and misreading some posts. The fact that he agreed with Macman's reasoning in a post about a DH/Ori scumlink (besides the being scum part) and Ori flipping scum is interesting.

<snip>
Bold, I don't see how their interactions can give you independent reads on each one. I mean, I would think you would want to see one flip to better solidify your read on the other, yet it feels more like you are trying to give a better read on DH due to Vinyl doing something dumb. Yet:

Underlined, you state that his push on macman is all you have, and don't say anything about it, and you state that his agreement to Macman's reasoning regarding DH/ORI scum was interesting, yet you don't follow up on that 'interesting thing', and you STILL have DH as ok?
[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You're throwing darts at a dartboard, ran, and all of them miss

DH votes Bad and Vinyl, which isn't helpful in finding out if he RVS'd a buddy or not. I find votes like these scummy because it hides your intentions on voting, same thing as using random.org to RVS.
...no, it doesn't. I still picked my RVS votes, much the same way anyone else does. I just voted an extra person. If you could figure out a connection between two scumbudds off of rvs votes, like you're implying, then it shouldn't be that hard to find the same thing out of the two people that I'm voting.

Here he shows support for my Macman push, even though he doesn't really give a reason here. This is important.
I get the feeling he's still joking around.

Come to think of it, consider my vote on him in spirit
I felt as if though basic reading comprehension could be used to find out that I'm saying that "I dislike how macman is still joking around while there has been some content."

Here he quotes Macman (Click the link above for context) and votes him. He doesn't give the original reasoning for why he was supporting my push on him, and this felt more like he was hopping on with whatever reason he could justify to get on.
Except I later explained it in my 149. That's far from "just jumping." What did you think of macman's post at that time?

I don't like the underlined because he tries to justify his actions in a different game with the person who he says is scum, when people can act differently in situations. DH says he pressured Vinyl with a dead serious vote, yet didn't get anything with it. (I don't think he explains anything about the reaction he got)
Except for the fact that noobscum can act like noobscum. Hence why I figured it was worth a pressure vote.

I switched because I thought that macman post was legitamently scummy at the time, and scummier than vinyl's actions.

I see this as DH trying to push you off the smallest thing possible that he could. He realized that he couldn't push you anymore, so he used the underlined to justify him moving his vote and I don't find it genuine.
You're trying to dismis my arguments as "The smallest things," when they really weren't.

So here, he explains he voted Badwolf because he was ready for a lynch. This is scummy because it shows he was ready to lynch ANYONE, not just who he felt was scum. Come on now.
You could tell DH and Ori weren't aligned because he was totally cool with throwing his vote his way. He didn't really oppose to it much, or need that much convincing to vote him. Feels a bit scummy.
Well there's the fact that I HAD THOUGHT THAT THERE WAS A BADWOLF/ORI SCUMTEAM. THAT'S NOT "ANYONE."

I feel this is pot calls the kettle black when it comes to his reasoning on Vinyl, because this comes off as smugness and trying to pass off being called scum. Basically I feel DH is being a hypocrite here and is trying to use any reasoning he can to lynch Vinyl.
How does macman saying that I am scum and me responding with an eyeroll show that I am a hypocrite and am trying to use anything I can to lynch vinyl? This point doesn't even make sense.

In addition, you never explained how my "Vinyl push was not genuine." You want to know why you have a hard time explaining why I'm scum? Because I'm not scum, and your reasoning for it is downright terrible.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Bold, I don't see how their interactions can give you independent reads on each one. I mean, I would think you would want to see one flip to better solidify your read on the other, yet it feels more like you are trying to give a better read on DH due to Vinyl doing something dumb. Yet:

Underlined, you state that his push on macman is all you have, and don't say anything about it, and you state that his agreement to Macman's reasoning regarding DH/ORI scum was interesting, yet you don't follow up on that 'interesting thing', and you STILL have DH as ok?
His push on macman was based on the posts where macman was being lazy and what were apparently post misreads. Pushing someone for being lazy is fine and post misreads could be truth or lying and I highly doubt DH would lie about something like post misreads. DH's agreement of Macman's DH/Ori post IS interesting, but if you think about it, if DH is scum and thought that Ori would get lynched over him (which is pretty safe, Ori was inactive + scummy), ofc he'd agree with the Ori/DH link to get some towncred when Ori flipped notmafia. Alternatively, if DH is town, he would agree with the post even though he incriminates him because it's the right thing for a townie to do.

I'm going to respond to the wall in a different post, but your 'cases' always seem like you've made a decision about someone and then found things you could frame as scummy. You felt like you did it in the last game and it feels the same this game. Some of these points on DH are really lame/different to how I would read them. Then again, I'm basically the worst mafia player in the world.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
oh right, yeah I was trying to say that "Last page's stuff makes it clear that DH/Vinyl aren't scum together, so I'm going to see which one I like least and then use that one to work out the other"

DH himself has covered some of the things I didn't like, but I have this still:
I don't see how this couldn't be somebody re-evaluating their reads(which is how I read it at the time). If you read that post without any opinion of someone's alignment, would you still find it the person's motives questionable? (inb4 that's not how you should play mafia. Maybe I'm asking to make a point about something other than DH's alignment)

Also Ran, your main reason for Vinyl being town is meta, right? Is there anything besides that?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
****ing quotes safdgfhj

oh right, yeah I was trying to say that "Last page's stuff makes it clear that DH/Vinyl aren't scum together, so I'm going to see which one I like least and then use that one to work out the other"

DH himself has covered some of the things I didn't like, but I have this still:
I don't see how this couldn't be somebody re-evaluating their reads(which is how I read it at the time). If you read that post without any opinion of someone's alignment, would you still find it the person's motives questionable? (inb4 that's not how you should play mafia. Maybe I'm asking to make a point about something other than DH's alignment)

Also Ran, your main reason for Vinyl being town is meta, right? Is there anything besides tha

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Yeah, iirc,it was when he was making posts against me. I felt like he was refusing to reconsider. I guess it's a good way to play if you think you're right all the time. I always try to consider people's posts from the perspective of if I'm wrong if I'm pushing someone I think is scum and if I find a post that could be read either way, I don't use it as fuel against them. Well, I guess I just went over why I asked about "what about this post if DH is town", so don't worry about that I guess Ran lol. I'm just trying to say to Ran that some of those posts could be read either way and I feel that his perception of the person he's making a case against is leading to his reasoning and not his reasoning leading to the person he's making a post against.

iunno, hard to explain I guess and it's a playstyle thing I suppose.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm just very confident in my reads, and I'm ALL IN. :cool: Seriously, I hate second guessing. The thing you should notice, is that this is, and that was, me re-visiting a scumread, so yes, I do read with the perspective of them being scum, because I have already noticed them being scummy on the first read through. Do I re-consider my reads? Hell yeah. Did you see me back off of Macman early D1? Now remember D1 of GS3? I did the same thing with Rake, but I re-visited him because I re-read the thread, and viola, he flipped scum.

I take the all in approach, because you don't want to give scum the benefit of the doubt. You only want to do so with Town. And I don't think Dark Horse Deserves it. If DH were town I'm sure he'd have better pushes than what he has now. He had both the scum pinned in GS3, so I can definetly see a inconsistency. And that shows I have thought about 'what if DH is town' direction, and I don't see it. Also, When scum get better, they don't leave BIG TRAILS, so obviously there is nothing I can show that is THAT DAMNING, or rather, OBVIOUS. You can't expect to find scum that way. I can only show you what I think from many smaller posts, and just overall play. You just have to see how it flows and see if it just flows in a way scum would play.

Now the reason you were scummy in GS3 is because you weren't really voting on Rake's wagon because other people you found scummy were on it. (I don't find that a good reason, you have to look at the person getting wagoned, not just the wagon, you don't know everyone's alignment so without seeing the result of it you won't know why the wagon happened in the first place) You held up the wagon and I found it as a scum connection, and I was like **** YEAH TWO SCUM IN A ROW lol. I don't let go because I don't want to let scum go, that is my mindset. I find it nets scum instead of the "well why don't I reconsider my read on him randomly" mindset, EVEN THOUGH I DID THAT TO RAKE LOLZ and then reconsidered. :awesome:

Earlier, you were directing us towards Badwolf for "Acting scummy as **** all d1, AtE'ing, being inactive (which doesn't count since everyone has), and for only giving two town reads'. Ok now, here is the reason why I don't think your push would result in a scumflip: You are looking at the surface, and aren't really looking at why Badwolf is doing those things. Why did he act scummy? What is it that comes off as scum motivation? etc. You are trying to find reasons to find him scummy, such as the "but Badwolfhas basically only given his 2 most town reads, claimed VT again and then said he's "leaning DH over Vinyl" today. I feel that his inactivity could be a scum member becoming disinterested in the game after the only NK source was lynched" part. I don't even see how him leaning DH over Vinyl is scummy either. Now I would only reconsider if you had BETTER reasons, but I find your reasons to be weak. :woman:

Basically, as you think I'm being too focused, I feel you are being too lenient with Dark Horse. You really need to look at WHY Dark Horse has been doing things. You say it may be your playstyle? I can see why you may want to give people the benefit of the doubt but you DO have to make a decision sometime, and I think I have been showing ALOT of why DH is scum. What's your read on me, btw?

So come on now. Read my next post, and vote Dark Horse with me, eh? Or comment on it, thoroughly. (Another reason I make such a big case, is to get other townies to vote the scum with me, so come on, when will you get the picture? :mad:)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
[COLLAPSE="Another long interaction"]@Dark Horse:

You're throwing darts at a dartboard, ran, and all of them miss
I don't think so. :cool:

...no, it doesn't. I still picked my RVS votes, much the same way anyone else does. I just voted an extra person. If you could figure out a connection between two scumbudds off of rvs votes, like you're implying, then it shouldn't be that hard to find the same thing out of the two people that I'm voting.

I would have to pick from more than one person, I wouldn't be able to find scum from that if you flipped scum. We'd have to lynch one of those two, if it were something to look into. So yes, it does. It's only something I find slightly off though.

I felt as if though basic reading comprehension could be used to find out that I'm saying that "I dislike how macman is still joking around while there has been some content."
Not at all. To me it seemed like you thought his actions were warranted, instead of you disliking it. Your 'come to think of it' seems like something else made you 'reconsider' and that is why I don't feel what you say is the case. Get me?

Except I later explained it in my 149. That's far from "just jumping." What did you think of macman's post at that time?
Let's look at your 149:

Post #149
Look at what he did. Sure he said he was joking, but he also said that he would pick badwolf to lynch today if he had to (that's not really joking), yet then says that "the read is pointless" which reeks of him trying to not get too involved. I'd say it's certainly telling,
Here in the underlined, it shows DH trying to angle what Macman said into a scumtell.

The reason why I say that, is because you asked Macman "What about bad being bad?" twice, to seem as if you cared about that little detail. Then when he explained it was a joke, you had no ammunition on him and jumped on Badwolf to make it look like you were re-evaluating. Basically you tried to pull scumminess from Macman's 'Bad is bad (idk)' thing and it failed, and you tried to regroup.

[COLLAPSE="small angle interactions"]
Eh? What makes you think this?
Here you pick out the ONLY thing you could consider scummy from Mac's read list. This is what seemed scummy to me from you.

Hey macman, can you answer this?
You ask again because of course, it's important to you, and you are trying to seem 'consistent'.

166. It's an issue because of your... "wishy-washyness?" in posts such as 189.
You call it wishy washyness.

What did you mean by "badwolf is bad"?
You keep going down this road.

That he's literally bad, (it was mostly a play on his username which is why I have the 'idk' in parentheses to clarify)

I can understand how this would be confusing to you but I did clarify it when you asked me to, and in that clarification i explicitly say that I don't have a solid read on him. Also this occurred after you said you thought I was scum so this couldn't have been you reason. What was you reason?

and respond to the other q's in my post

and what happened to everyone else today? specifically ran, I want to hear what he has to say/his response to my post.
Macman shows his thought process, and you notice that it was valid.

Excuse me while I beat my head against the wall several times due to my own stupidity.

I initially thought so do due to your initial "I would pick badwolf." Yeah, it was weak, but I thought that you were serious with "badwolf is bad," which was why I kept pushing you, as that came a lot later.

Summoner's question prompted me to reread badwolf, and I've found that he's actually been pretty damn scummy. Look at his early interaction with Vinyl. The "trying to claim a town role" comes completley out of the blue; before that, vinyl was talking about how badwolf buddy him as scum, and isn't buddying him now, which is far from "trying to claim a town role." In addition, his 98, where he votes macman, is incredibly safe ("This rea is shaky, but i'm going to vote macman"). So yeah, can definetley see badwolfscum without banking on macman scum.

This is where I feel scumminess from you in this. You back off Macman because you have lost all ammunition on him, and then proceed to say that you re-read BECAUSE OF SUMMONER'S QUESTION, and then voted him. I felt that was a scummy move because it just shows that you didn't really have any real scumpicks and just used some reasoning to justify you moving to Badwolf.

[/COLLAPSE]

Except for the fact that noobscum can act like noobscum. Hence why I figured it was worth a pressure vote.
That is very general though. People can always act in differently in situations and I just feel it's a very weak reason to have voted Vinyl in the first place.

I switched because I thought that macman post was legitamently scummy at the time, and scummier than vinyl's actions.
Ok, did you ever explain what the pressure vote did for you though? Like did it garner a read or something?

You're trying to dismis my arguments as "The smallest things," when they really weren't.
I'm not trying to dismiss them, sorry. I explain above why I see it that way.

Well there's the fact that I HAD THOUGHT THAT THERE WAS A BADWOLF/ORI SCUMTEAM. THAT'S NOT "ANYONE."
Give me quotes. Also when did you start thinking of a bad/ori team? (Just say a post number)

How does macman saying that I am scum and me responding with an eyeroll show that I am a hypocrite and am trying to use anything I can to lynch vinyl? This point doesn't even make sense.
Because your smiley came off as smug to me. This is referring to the hypocrite part, the second part was just my overall feeling of what you were doing.

In addition, you never explained how my "Vinyl push was not genuine." You want to know why you have a hard time explaining why I'm scum? Because I'm not scum, and your reasoning for it is downright terrible.
I feel it isn't genuine because you say his reasoning is terrible and that he comes off as smug to tip him as scummy over dumbtown. (Since usually his reasoning are garbage regardless of alignment) I don't see any scum intent in his posts, and am not convinced by your case.[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | ѕoup

Your whole case is very biased and I feel you are looking at Dark Horse subjectively. I don't see how things like

He had both the scum pinned in GS3, so I can definetly see a inconsistency
Makes DH scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

I suppose that's not very clear, it's just that a foundation of your push is a biased view of what you expect of Dark Horse. I find this way of reading something a bit trivial, and I don't believe you're looking at the effort he has put into this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not founded in that, that's just what I see when I try to consider him as town DH. I think I have demonstrated why else I feel he is scum in that whole big post, regardless what I would expect of him. (Example, I still feel his push on Macman and transition to Badwolf was opportunistic)

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Ok so there's going to be a deadline in 72 hours from this post. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase is lynched, ties will be randomized. I'll update the rules and send out a mass pm to remind everyone a bit later.

Top Bottom