• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The shelved Coyote vs Acme film was highly praised by those who got it previewed.

WB basically decided to kill off something that could’ve been good.
The wild part is $30 million is nothing. Like if that’s the money they wanted, a Looney tunes film could easily get it. Especially with John Cena in it. They are the most notable cast of animated characters of all time. It should not be hard to make money off of them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The wild part is $30 million is nothing. Like if that’s the money they wanted, a Looney tunes film could easily get it. Especially with John Cena in it. They are the most notable cast of animated characters of all time. It should not be hard to make money off of them.
Unless you’re Zaslav and you hate animation.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This actually looks good!?
They kinda cooked with this one. Though there's definitely gonna be some changes, like all Netflix ones but one that I can see happening is the Kataang moments are going bye bye (least I hope because the age difference is much more pronounced here).

Can't wait for my girl Toph to show up... if it gets another season that is.

Reactions: Z25

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The shelved Coyote vs Acme film was highly praised by those who got it previewed.

WB basically decided to kill off something that could’ve been good.
Damn. I would have 100% gone to see that if it came out. I really hope it gets leaked someday. James Gunn, Will Forte, and Looney Tunes would have been an amazing combination.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They kinda cooked with this one. Though there's definitely gonna be some changes, like all Netflix ones but one that I can see happening is the Kataang moments are going bye bye (least I hope because the age difference is much more pronounced here).

Can't wait for my girl Toph to show up... if it gets another season that is.
The katara and zucko shippers are gonna go crazy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Brie would literally die if she got to be Samus

nobody learns to not **** with anybody Daisy cares for...especially her Luigi

Tom Holland's Link saying excuse me princess...internet traumatized
I think it could be done well. Link and Zelda fighting monsters together, trading quips, and at one point link sarcastically says “excuse me Princess” and then they kiss in the middle of the fight. Not a long one, a quick smooch before back to knocking off bokoblin heads.

I’ve had this scene in my head for 5 years now.

Also Brie would be an excellent Samus.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think it could be done well. Link and Zelda fighting monsters together, trading quips, and at one point link sarcastically says “excuse me Princess” and then they kiss in the middle of the fight. Not a long one, a quick smooch before back to knocking off bokoblin heads.

Ick, too cheesy :239:

Just have Zelda say something snarky and Link scoffs, before delivering the epic gamer line.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Real talk it would be amazing if, for a hypothetical Metroid movie, they just didn’t reveal who was playing Samus until her helmet comes off near the end of the film.

Just have Zelda say something snarky and Link scoffs, before delivering the epic gamer line.
Oh come on! It’ll be fun!

I think it’s better to have them be supportive and #couplegoals then have that sarcasm in their relationship be genuine.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh come on! It’ll be fun!

I think it’s better to have them be supportive and #couplegoals then have that sarcasm in their relationship be genuine.
If your definition of fun comes from the romance section in a library. For soccer moms.

I prefer my love stories earnest and sweet, making out in the middle of a goblin horde is a bit too over the top for me.

Real talk it would be amazing if, for a hypothetical Metroid movie, they just didn’t reveal who was playing Samus until her helmet comes off near the end of the film.
sonic hmmm.jpg

Alright

That's a rad idea

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Also Brie would be an excellent Samus.

Hylian smooches and epic lines in my gamer movie? Nah

Ganondorf musical that goes as hard as Scar’s Be Prepared? Yeah

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If your definition of fun comes from the romance section in a library. For soccer moms.

I prefer my love stories earnest and sweet, making out in the middle of a goblin horde is a bit too over the top for me.

View attachment 380467

Alright

That's a rad idea
Not a full make out. Just a swift smooch as before going back to the battle.

And yeah, I like stuff earnest and sweet too. I'm just a little too tired of sarcasm and bathos in modern movies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I must be living in crazy town because I have no desire to hear "well excuse me princess" in anything ever

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Universal Pictures describes The Super Mario Bros. Movie as a new "franchise".

Being the second highest grossing animated film of all time, it would be absolutely foolish to think about stopping.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TBH, I kind of feel weird about buying Nick Brawl 2. Like... I want the content that's there and I want to support the devs so the game makes enough money to either get DLC or a sequel which fixes my problems with it. But at the same time... I feel so weird about the content they're selling right now that I almost don't want to buy until those updates potentially come out. But if I don't support them they might not get updates. It's not like SF6 or MK1 where I can confidently wait till inevitable Ultimate editions with lots more content bundled in for cheaper, this might not get anything more than what they're selling right now unless it makes as much money as possible. And I feel so weird and conflicted about it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH, I kind of feel weird about buying Nick Brawl 2. Like... I want the content that's there and I want to support the devs so the game makes enough money to either get DLC or a sequel which fixes my problems with it. But at the same time... I feel so weird about the content they're selling right now that I almost don't want to buy until those updates potentially come out. But if I don't support them they might not get updates. It's not like SF6 or MK1 where I can confidently wait till inevitable Ultimate editions with lots more content bundled in for cheaper, this might not get anything more than what they're selling right now unless it makes as much money as possible. And I feel so weird and conflicted about it.
flip a coin

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel movie updates
What If season 2: this holiday
Echo: January 10th, 2024
Deadpool 3: July 26th, 2024
Venom 3: November 8th, 2024
Captain America BNW: February 14th, 2025 (with extensive reshoots)
Fantastic Four: May 2nd, 2025
Thunderbolts: July 25th, 2025
Blade: November 7th, 2025

Top Bottom