• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
y'all ain't ready for the remake to be faithful and include all the backtracking segments and the swarm of video essays going "ACTUALLY TTYD isn't as good as you remember it."
At this point most of these kinds of review and essays videos are made either just for clout and or so that people can try to shove their own opinions down everyone else's throats.

TTYD is probably going to be as a good as a lot of people remember it. If someone still enjoy TTYD, like, then it is still as good as they remember it lmao.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point most of these kinds of review and essays videos are made either just for clout and or so that people can try to shove their own opinions down everyone else's throats.

TTYD is probably going to be as a good as a lot of people remember it. If someone still enjoy TTYD, like, then it is still as good as they remember it lmao.
Okay but fr tho General White can go suck an egg

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Walking Dead: Destinies apparently just released.

After seeing some gameplay footage, I'm not waiting for the inevitable developer apology note to the playerbase about how the game wasn't released in the quality state they wanted it or fans expected it to be in.
Published by the same company who gave that terrible Kong game one year of development and Nick All Star Brawl.

StormC

Smash Hero
The deep state doesn't want you to hear this but Super's endgame minus Castle Bleck is worse than anything TTYD had
I don't think that's controversial, most people would put SPM below the first two PMs. (Personally I don't like the game...)

I do hope TTYD HD touches things up a bit, but if it's 1:1 I'll still love it I'm sure. Played it many times but it's been over a decade since my last replay.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. Clout-chasing is just something that happens a lot in the game criticism world. Heck, criticism in general.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m still thinking about how I want the ability to play as a bunch of Sonic’s friends and enemies all in one game. The mobile games (Dash annd Speed Battle) are… kind of helping. But it’s more of a light scratch on a very powerful itch. Sonic fighting game and Sonic kart racer, both with lots and lots of characters. Please let these happen.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I’m still thinking about how I want the ability to play as a bunch of Sonic’s friends and enemies all in one game. The mobile games (Dash annd Speed Battle) are… kind of helping. But it’s more of a light scratch on a very powerful itch. Sonic fighting game and Sonic kart racer, both with lots and lots of characters. Please let these happen.
Completely on board with this.

The more games I can play as Zeena in, the happier I am.

Noipoi

Howdy!
why should that be the order of things?
Cuz after not getting Odyssey 2 and now that we're closer to the next console people are getting antsy about sandbox Mario again. And if another 3D World drops it'll get a lot of **** for being a level-to-level linear flagpole game instead of this big open adventure, and anything cool about it will be ignored.

Y'know, just like last time :239:

Let's avoid the hassle. Drop a new sandbox game that blows minds and gets it out of everyone's system, and then we can properly appreciate a more linear game when the time comes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cuz after not getting Odyssey 2 and now that we're closer to the next console people are getting antsy about sandbox Mario again. And if another 3D World drops it'll get a lot of **** for being a level-to-level linear flagpole game instead of this big open adventure, and anything cool about it will be ignored.

Y'know, just like last time :239:

Let's avoid the hassle. Drop a new sandbox game that blows minds and gets it out of everyone's system, and then we can properly appreciate a more linear game when the time comes.
Considering we didn’t even get a 3D world follow up on switch, and the port came with a sandbox game stapled onto it, I feel like we’re overdue.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finally started Tactica and it’s so innocently fun so far. Legit never realized Makoto’s fit had blue due to how the coloring and shading of Vanilla/Royal and Strikers made her outfit be (same with the anime tbh)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually thought Odyssey was gonna be more of an open-world sandbox game like BotW when I first saw the trailer for it.

After the game was released, the only worlds that seemed to fit that bill the best were New Donk City and the Sand Kingdom. Maybe the Steam Gardens to an extent, too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually thought Odyssey was gonna be more of an open-world sandbox game like BotW when I first saw the trailer for it.

After the game was released, the only worlds that seemed to fit that bill the best were New Donk City and the Sand Kingdom. Maybe the Steam Gardens to an extent, too.
Is there a vomit reaction on Smashboards?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Rick Vs The Doctor was a really fun episode.
Next time is the second coming of Batgirl Vs Spider Gwen: Goku Vs Superman 3.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m trying. Believe me
...Overreaction, much?
Probably. But who really cares. You guys are winning anyway and I’m just complaining on the Internet with no way of getting what I want.
Rick Vs The Doctor was a really fun episode.
Next time is the second coming of Batgirl Vs Spider Gwen: Goku Vs Superman 3.
The problem with using Rick in a death battle is his superpower is pulling new feats out of his ass to counter the threat of the week. But they can’t do that in death battle, they can’t just make up something like that, even though it’s his entire modus operandi, because they have to stick rigidly to the source material. It’s like Lobo vs Ghost Rider, another fight I’d have argued would have gone differently if it was an official crossover rather than something like this, just because of the nature of one of the characters. I’m not disputing the result, I’m just… disputing the format.
As for next time, if Goku wins it will undermine any faith I ever had in the show and will officially kill my hype for it. This matchup should have been done and settled years ago. But honestly it feels like it won’t be unless Goku finally wins. Which he shouldn’t. Their argument is still solid from back then, and it doesn’t matter how many new limits Goku breaks. Superman already has no limits. Especially since this looks like it will be the season finale in all likelihood. Gah, it’s gonna be Sonic vs. Mario 2 all over again, I just know it. They’ve been doing power-scaling and all that **** too much not to make one of those stupid arguments based on “universe busters” and tier lists and all that crap. Ruined the show.

Sidebar, I wonder if Frontiers would affect/change the results of Mario vs. Sonic. Still can’t believe they took the Mario World cutscenes literally and said he could like… did he lift and throw the castle or did he punch it and make it crumble? I haven’t played Mario World in a while. What were some of the other stupid things they said were Mario feats in that second fight but you could just as easily argue that they’re not? Still mad about that one and it’s one of the only episodes I refuse to rewatch.

Top Bottom