• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
More original from me today. Never shared much of this chick yet, but her tentative code name is Wildheart. Got another piece finished outside of my current backlog, gonna try and get a few more done so I can have at least a few for December.

1700588493246.png

StormC

Smash Hero
I could never beat Culex as a kid so beating him in the remake was pretty satisfying even if the new mechanics obviously made it easier (though I also made it harder on myself getting all of Mallow’s scans and killing each Crystal). Turns out it’s just a war of attrition to drain their FP.

Apparently 3D Culex is incredibly hard so I’ll have to see how that goes lol

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Not sure exactly what's going on here, but it seems pretty clear that this discussion should not go any further.

Continued responses will be met with warnings.
Okay Fair!
True talking about .... outside of serious disscusion is not the correct place!

Reactions: ---

Shroob

Sup?
Indigo Disk sounds really tough, which is a nice change of pace.
I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not looking forward to the little caloric demon and its 60+ forms which apparently you can't even buy the toppings, you have to just, find on the ground.

Literal floor ice cream.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
GameMaker is now free for non-commercial use.

You can now more easily make Undertale fangames.

Also an interaction they had with the Godot account makes it sound like they may go open source.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
GameMaker is now free for non-commercial use.

You can now more easily make Undertale fangames.

Also an interaction they had with the Godot account makes it sound like they may go open source.
I could have used free Game Maker in high school. Luckily I had a friend who bought a license who let me get around some of the limitations.

Maybe one day I can find the time to go back and make something again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not looking forward to the little caloric demon and its 60+ forms which apparently you can't even buy the toppings, you have to just, find on the ground.

Literal floor ice cream.
I’m just here for the LOOOORE

Here’s hoping the Area Zero plot they’ve been hyping up for a year doesn’t end in a massive anti-climax :nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Scream 7 people dropped Melissa Barrera (who played the main lead) due to comments supporting Palestine and comments about how, as I quote, ”Jews control the media”. That’s such an odd thing to say tbh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Saw The Marvels.

It was solid, didn't have major gripes with it. It was enjoyable fun and tbh that's all I can ask for from an MCU Film.

And it did do one thing an MCU Film never got me to do: get me to read the comics.

Cause I'm gonna start Ms. Marvel
you’re gonna be feeling that Big Kamala Energy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah she was my favorite of the three, wild how Disney/Marvel didn't market her at all.

I deadass think they wanted it to flop which is wild cause it was a good movie.

But yeah, Iman Vellani won me over, I can tell she is good at Mario Kart.
not sure about Disney (unless they couldn’t do a thing with the strikes), but Marvel definitely wants stuff like that to be box office hits. They love Kamala enough to have her be one of the young heroes without spider powers that they want to build their brand off of (others being Ironheart and Sam Alexander Nova)…and also to kill her into being a half mutant.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I might watch the entirety (or at least most of) the MCU films one day, preferably in order.

As it stands, I've just never been that invested in it outside of the Guardians films.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They love Kamala enough to have her be one of the young heroes without spider powers that they want to build their brand off of (others being Ironheart and Sam Alexander Nova)…and also to kill her into being a half mutant.
I mean they should give her the keys to the franchise, a fresh start is what the MCU needs.

not sure about Disney (unless they couldn’t do a thing with the strikes), but Marvel definitely wants stuff like that to be box office hits.
The issue is that regardless of the strikes, the marketing campaign for the Marvels has been abysmal from Disney's end. Did nothing to dispel the hate mob, dropped trash trailers, and then not even market their main trio, the last trailer barely had Kamala and instead mobbed you with Tony, Steve, and Thanos, none of which were even mentioned in the movie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean they should give her the keys to the franchise, a fresh start is what the MCU needs.

The issue is that regardless of the strikes, the marketing campaign for the Marvels has been abysmal from Disney's end. Did nothing to dispel the hate mob, dropped trash trailers, and then not even market their main trio, the last trailer barely had Kamala and instead mobbed you with Tony, Steve, and Thanos, none of which were even mentioned in the movie.
Promotion and a full willingness to push the newer characters should be something that improves with the rest of the current MCU issues going on. Same things they did to raise those B and C characters (even the D level ones) should've continued on.

and on an unrelated note...PlayStation
Sony facing $7.9 bln mass lawsuit over PlayStation Store prices | Reuters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still wonder what animated character Chris Pratt is gonna voice next.

And whether or not he'll do a fitting voice for the character like in the Mario movie or if it'll just do his normal voice like for Garfield.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scream 7 people dropped Melissa Barrera (who played the main lead) due to comments supporting Palestine and comments about how, as I quote, ”Jews control the media”. That’s such an odd thing to say tbh
If your gonna make that claim, at least fact check it.

There is absolutely no evidence she said anything about Jews controlling media. The closest statement She made was that America censors any news coverages of Palestine. Which is true.

She also said genocide bad, another fact. Paramount ****ed up big time because the cast ( Jenna included) will 100% walk from this. Which is going to piss off executives big time because they were already trying to rush production.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If your gonna make that claim, at least fact check it.

There is absolutely no evidence she said anything about Jews controlling media. The closest statement She made was that America censors any news coverages of Palestine. Which is true.

She also said genocide bad, another fact. Paramount ****ed up big time because the cast ( Jenna included) will 100% walk from this. Which is going to piss off executives big time because they were already trying to rush production.
Wait, so did she get dropped from the movie because of the false claim, or because of the Palestine news statement?

Top Bottom