• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite collab updates:

1. The upcoming Star Wars collab will feature Lando Calrissian.

2. On Twitter there was a potential leak for a Sonic collab… but it would be similar to the Pac-Man collab in which Sonic only appears as a back bling in his Genesis style. No playable characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is my belief: any Pokemon - any at all - can be a trainer's ace Pokemon. Every Pokemon has the potential to be a gym leader's, Elite Four member's, evil team leader's, champion's etc biggest, strongest Pokemon.

My current team in Alpha Sapphire has a Beautifly as my ace.
Unown.

That is all.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, how was the Knuckles show?
Having finished watching all of the episodes:

Overall the first two episodes were decent, however I felt rather disappointed with the next four episodes in which I wished the show could had done more focus on Knuckles instead of the human characters especially Wade Whipple.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Leave it to the Velma show to redeem Scrappy freaking Doo of all characters in some people's eyes, for literally killing this show's version of Velma, no less, simply because she was made that unlikable.

I have almost total apathy for HBO's Velma, so I don't really have a stake in how well or poorly it does. I just found that particular story bit and it's reception amazing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Can I take just a second to gush about something? I'm playing Baldur's Gate 3 for an upcoming video and I got to a certain part in Act 3. It's a pretty big spoiler, just to let you know.

I entered Raphael's House of Hope - located in hell, of course - intent on stealing the Orphic Hammer with no strings attached. I knew he would arrive for a boss fight but I just can't even with his boss theme. He's a charismatic devil, but I never took a word he said to heart. So when I managed to convince one of his own demonic allies to switch to my side with a 30 Persuasion check - I'm a bard - and the battle begins, imagine my shock at hearing an operatic voice over intensive organs, followed by the ******* HIMSELF SINGING HIS OWN BOSS THEME LIKE A GATDAMN DISNEY VILLAIN.

Hell, Hell, Hell has it's laws
Hell, Hell, Effects and their cause
Curtain falls, but hold your applause,
Squirm, squirm, for now down here come the claws

This mother ****** is a bard.
Bard vs. Bard, baby. I love the wordplay - the last word can be written as "claws" as in the claws of his cat to your mouse, or "clause" as in the clause of the contract you could've signed to get the hammer; that you could steal from him to destroy later.

Fools, Fools, how hard you have fought
Brave, brave, but it's all been for naught
True Souls, that couldn't be bought
Doomed, detected, and caught

Ever since entering, you're told your a mouse to him, completely insignificant and how screwed you are if you go through with it. He mockingly calls you a True Soul, something you've been referred to by the cult for being a powerful being infected by the tadpole, and it's extra mocking to you because to the cultists, you are to be treated only with reverence and respect; you're equivocally a holy individual to them.

No more deals, it's over
The final act, your doom
No more grace, it's over
This House of Hope...
Your tomb

You can hear the genuine anger through this part. You have shut him down at every opportunity, you've invaded his home, stole his most prized possession, and now you're making a mockery of his ego by challenging him (and in my case, convincing Yurgir to join the winning side.)

666 HP, the ability to steal your party members souls to empower him, plus his waves of minions - it's a hard fought battle. Or it would be, if he hadn't failed his saving throw against Tasha's Hideous Laughter, and continued to fail until he was about half health and all his minions and trickery was dealt with, so it was just us and him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ngl I liked most of the Knuckles show…the part I hated was Wade’s ***** ass sister

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
It's very disappointing that 90's Are All That/The Splat/NickRewind never aired acquired programming after MMPR.

They could have aired Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, The Adventures of Tintin, Garfield and Friends, Gumby or even the 1987 TMNT cartoon, but no.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Leave it to the Velma show to redeem Scrappy freaking Doo of all characters in some people's eyes, for literally killing this show's version of Velma, no less, simply because she was made that unlikable.

I have almost total apathy for HBO's Velma, so I don't really have a stake in how well or poorly it does. I just found that particular story bit and it's reception amazing.
I remember being unpleasantly surprised as a kid by how badly Scrappy was treated in the live action Scooby Doo movie. While I was on the Internet, things weren't as widespread as they are nowadays. I had no idea Scrappy was so widely hated. Never considered him that annoying, personally.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I've always had this thought...People usually feel like Bulbasaur is the least-liked starter in Kanto, and while that might be the case in terms of popularity (though I'm not so sure about that as of late, people LOVE this dang plant toad nowadays), I'm actually pretty sure it's Squirtle who's the least favorite child. Bulbasaur was Red's pick in the manga and is often shown as one of his closest companions, and he even uses one in Let's Go iirc, while Charmander...is Charmander. Squirtle has never really received the same level of GameFreak appreciation, and in fact whenever Charmander is the choice, that means Squirtle is getting its face kicked in repeatedly.

But perhaps I'm just overthinking it :079:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember being unpleasantly surprised as a kid by how badly Scrappy was treated in the live action Scooby Doo movie. While I was on the Internet, things weren't as widespread as they are nowadays. I had no idea Scrappy was so widely hated. Never considered him that annoying, personally.
Actually, I kinda agree. Heck, for the most part I actually liked Scrappy in the older cartoons and some of the direct-to-video movies. It's kind of a shame that they've seldom ever tried to reboot him or include him in a newer show with more three-dimensional character writing.

I think the main reason people hated him was because he's one of those characters who worked best in small doses, and because for a time, at least, several of the original members of Mystery Inc. gradually got phased out as the series went on to make more room for Scrappy as well as more of Scooby's relatives that they kept introducing.

By they tried to give him more characterization and make him less reckless, the damage was already done and whether justified or not, he was getting more fan complaints and negative critical reception than anything else, leading to him being gradually phased out of the franchise and the Boo Brothers, Ghoul School and Reluctant Werewolf movies being his last major appearances.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I've always had this thought...People usually feel like Bulbasaur is the least-liked starter in Kanto, and while that might be the case in terms of popularity (though I'm not so sure about that as of late, people LOVE this dang plant toad nowadays), I'm actually pretty sure it's Squirtle who's the least favorite child. Bulbasaur was Red's pick in the manga and is often shown as one of his closest companions, and he even uses one in Let's Go iirc, while Charmander...is Charmander. Squirtle has never really received the same level of GameFreak appreciation, and in fact whenever Charmander is the choice, that means Squirtle is getting its face kicked in repeatedly.

But perhaps I'm just overthinking it :079:
I feel like it used to be that Charmander and Squirtle were the popular ones, but the past 15ish years, Bulbasaur has picked up a ton of popularity.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Ha ha! Take that Velma! Hopefully that means the show is over and that's how it ended which if true would make up for that show's existence to begin with. What a beautiful way to end a heinous show. It brings tears to my eyes.

Scrappy is the savior we didn't realize we needed! Hurrah! Ridding of that vile abomination that was Velma and her show.

To the depths of Hell where that demon belongs.

I hope a future Rick & Morty episode has them killing Velma as they did with their Space Jam: New Legacy counterparts who welcomed death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom