• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Share them
All of the MLP ones are lost to time.

I have this single png from one of the Homestuck ones

Still have most of the info about the Fnaf ones (Although a lot of it is scattered throughout various backups)

I was actually pretty proud of this one

If I go into my history and all the stuff I did back when Fnaf was my main fandom, and all the cringe I did there, we would be here for eternity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All of the MLP ones are lost to time.

I have this single png from one of the Homestuck ones

Still have most of the info about the Fnaf ones (Although a lot of it is scattered throughout various backups)

I was actually pretty proud of this one

If I go into my history and all the stuff I did back when Fnaf was my main fandom, and all the cringe I did there, we would be here for eternity.
Eternity is all we have.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don’t just stand there. I want to see them.
**** dude I dunno I had a lot of them over the years. I don't have any pictures so you'll just have to rock out with descriptions.

Uhhhh when I was like 15 I made a FNAF oc named Ricky Roo. He had a special spring mechanism in his legs that let him jump high, and his jumpscare was him hopping onto you and crushing your chest. He had a very exaggerated aussie accent.

I once made a Paper Mario partner who was an epic gamer Dry Bones. He was a normal Koopa once but he spent all his time gaming while forgetting to eat or sleep, and eventually became a Dry Bones.

I also had a Kong oc who wasn't a Kong at all, she was a human girl they found washed up on the beach. She was sorta like Tarzan. They called her Pinky Kong, because of her weird, furless pink skin.

Do fakemon count? I've made a lot of those.

Yes I made MLP oc's when I was like 8. No I will not tell you about them.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** dude I dunno I had a lot of them over the years. I don't have any pictures so you'll just have to rock out with descriptions.

Uhhhh when I was like 15 I made a FNAF oc named Ricky Roo. He had a special spring mechanism in his legs that let him jump high, and his jumpscare was him hopping onto you and crushing your chest. He had a very exaggerated aussie accent.

I once made a Paper Mario partner who was an epic gamer Dry Bones. He was a normal Koopa once but he spent all his time gaming while forgetting to eat or sleep, and eventually became a Dry Bones.

I also had a Kong oc who wasn't a Kong at all, she was a human girl they found washed up on the beach. She was sorta like Tarzan. They called her Pinky Kong, because of her weird, furless pink skin.

Do fakemon count? I've made a lot of those.

Yes I made MLP oc's when I was like 8. No I will not tell you about them.
I like all of this.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Although I do speak about my past stuff as if it was some big cringe thing when in reality I am basically doing the exact same thing only I am older, and instead of Fnaf, Homestuck and MLP it is Stupid Nintendo Games, Tokusatsu and just a general wider variety of things (Which also still includes Homestuck somehow, I reread that **** last year.)

I just killed the part that cringes

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve watched 4 of the episode for Knuckles so far.

I don’t know what the hell people are on, saying knuckles isn’t in this show.

He takes up plenty of screen time and is only missing from the like 3 scenes across the first three episodes.

He’s not in episode 4 but I actually think the way that the episode is still mostly about knuckles and his backstory, was fun. I can respect the production value for it lol.

I can get people complaining about the human characters, but they were pretty clear this time about their involvement.

Overall it’s pretty fun. Saying it’s garbage and has no redeeming aspects is just wrong imo. As there’s actually a great base here to connect Wade and knuckles. Which according to reviews, they don’t quite hit home with. If they did for future projects though, then they could really make the human characters and their arcs tie in and build up the characters of the actual Sonic crew. Creating tight knit stories that flesh out the humans and Sonic cast into more interesting characters, while exploring more lore of the world.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Any of you ever make any cringe OCs ever?
I don’t remember if I’ve made any OCs, other than I guess my persona and a few Minecraft mobs with names I’ve never really fleshed out. My persona is basically just how I imagine myself and is my username, I was inspired by Herobrine for the name and eyes. I can control brine, but also have other powers including elemental magic as long as I’m wearing four triangular pieces of fabric I just call “ties” (though I guess they’re not actually ties xD), each with their own abilities with a few shared abilities like lasers, paint powers or music (I just made up whatever I wanted :>).

For the mobs:
A little creeper named Cris, wears a cyan bandana around his neck. Is friendly and normally cheerful, can sorta explode but doesn’t die when he does so. When trying to explode, he may either just let out a puff cloud, or actually do some explosion but get covered in soot he has to shake off.

A cave spider named Charlotte with “Cavey” as a nickname, doesn’t look any different from a regular cave spider but she’s friendly.

A Snow Golem named “Snowy”. Like I said, I haven’t fleshed them out so idk what to do for him besides being friendly, I just think Snow Golems are cool xD

I haven’t thought of names for the Enderman and Wither in my profile picture, and I never imagined them throughout the past like I have the other three, so they’re relatively new. I thought of the Wither being nonbinary though, and their three heads having different personalities (with the middle head being the main head). I guess the Enderman would be the cool, mysterious one, but also a bit silly.

I think I started imagining mobs as friends after watching a youtuber who normally had a pig friend in his videos. I think it was SCMowns, I thought the pig was named “Geoffrey” or something but apparently he was called Porkchop, so idk. It’s possible DanTDM influenced me too since he has the skeleton wolf and Dr. Trayaurus (though Trayaurus is a villager and not an animal, golem or monster), as well as Slamacow and the mobs he animated being his friends + Steve’s pig in his Cube Land music video, but I feel it was mainly if not just SCMowns and his pig who made me start imagining mob friends.

More recently, I have imagined an angel-themed fakemon, but idk what to call it. I imagine it being a single eyeball, maybe a little similar to one of Jigglypuff’s eyes in appearance (with a bit different shine and color), and it has four angel wings that have four bat wings hidden behind them. It could normally be Psychic/Flying, but something could change its form to make the bat wings be its main wings, turn its eye red and appear a bit angry, and be Fire-or-Dark/Flying (I’m not really sure). It could also change back to its original form. Would maybe have a new move, as well as some water and fire moves.

Technically, I’ve also had an idea for Minecraft mobs as Pokémon, and I guess some evolutions and such could count as OCs but idk. I haven’t drawn any of them, and they’d still look like they do in Minecraft for the most part. I’d call the game “Crafty Mobs,” and I actually wanted to make it in RPG Maker but I got lazy :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Any of you ever make any cringe OCs ever?
All of my OCs are adopts, although a few were fomo pickups because I like the artist. 😅

Alright, I beat Sonic 06.

Actually all I beat was the first Silver boss but I’m calling that beating the game because of how difficult it was.
How long did it take you to beat?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finally saw Dune part 2 with my dad the other day

I went on record saying that I didn't love the first movie because of how self-serious it was even though its worldbuilding and presentation were immaculate. But I probably need to reevaluate my stance on that movie because part 2 was just so ****ing good, it had the spectacular visuals and soundtrack of the first movie, more great worldbuilding, great action that paired well with the soundtrack, and some genuinely fascinating character arcs. I'm not sure I followed everything because of how huge the scope of this world is but I loved it nonetheless. I should get into the books cause I'm actually invested now.

Oh and my dad liked the movie too, he read the books so he explained to me some of the lore I didn't understand after we left the theater

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All of my OCs are adopts, although a few were fomo pickups because I like the artist. 😅

How long did it take you to beat?
The first Silver fight? I game over’d twice on it because Silver It’s No Use’d me to death.

After I figured out the art of running away it was a piece of cake.
Coward

You never even got to the steamy princess on hedgehog action
Wait there’s more to this game?!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes I want to just type phrases or character names I’m thinking about into here and see what happens but I’m pretty sure that’s spam.

Eh. What the hell.

Funtime Foxy.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The next Idol Showdown update looks really fun. Ina looks like a blast to play and the Flayon boss fight is also a nice touch. Although by the wording of some posts it sounds like this might be the last update (or at least Ina is the last fighter)

If it is, this was a really damn good run of updates for a free fan game.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If the rumors are true and the Switch 2 is fully backwards compatible, then that pretty much puts any mumbling of Ultimate Deluxe to bed.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If the rumors are true and the Switch 2 is fully backwards compatible, then that pretty much puts any mumbling of Ultimate Deluxe to bed.
Frankly I don't see why they wouldn't make the Switch 2 backwards compatible. This isn't like switching from a dedicated disc-based console to a console/handheld hybrid with tiny cartridges, and the reasons why the Switch wasn't backwards compatible with the 3DS shouldn't exist with the Switch 2.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I would put a counterpoint here about how the PS5's library is just rereleases but the PS5 needs to have games for that to be real.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’ve actually been thinking for the Switch 2, assuming it is backwards compatible with physical and digital games, how does everyone think will we be able to transfer saves from 1 to 2?

Cloud saves are not on every game and the Switch puts save data on the Internal Storage, not the SD Card.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve actually been thinking for the Switch 2, assuming it is backwards compatible with physical and digital games, how does everyone think will we be able to transfer saves from 1 to 2?

Cloud saves are not on every game and the Switch puts save data on the Internal Storage, not the SD Card.
As long as the Pikmin transfer the data again we’re good

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Watch as Nintendo decides to bring back… whatever these are from transferring between two Wii U systems:

View attachment 388602
What the hell are those?

...is a question no one would have to ask until now, because needing to transfer data from one Wii U to another would require it to have actually sold well.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Sometimes, i think that there should be a spin-off from Super Robot Wars. Featuring Western Animation, cartoons and scrimblo ****
  • Dynamo from Powerpuff Girls
  • Mechs from Dexter's Laboratory
  • Megas XLR
  • Baby Ducks from Regular Show
Any other suggestions? :bluejump:

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Continuing with my Western Animation SRW spin off idea, I think Cartoon Network has at least some Super Robots and Mechas to work with.
Unlike Nickelodeon, Disney (unless Fireball counts), or any other big animation house in the west.
Is Puma Loco from El Tigre a valid candidat
Edit: I know Korra has one, so no "Akschually...."

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I keep seeing trailers for that new IF movie and I’m like “this is just Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends but live action and not as charming”. I don’t get how some people get sued just for using genre tropes when this complete ripoff is apparently 100% legal.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I keep seeing trailers for that new IF movie and I’m like “this is just Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends but live action and not as charming”. I don’t get how some people get sued just for using genre tropes when this complete ripoff is apparently 100% legal.
If you could sue people for telling stories with similar concepts we just wouldn't have stories anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m just finding out people are identifying their genders based specifically on the season

Top Bottom