• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Board Revolution (AKA NEW CHATROOM!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I have a question Boxob.

Do the 500 posts have to be with your pokemon, or in the Sonic boards, or both?

@neon

First 151, but you have to ask me permission to use Mewtwo.

:mewtwo: 493 more posts to level up!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL everytime I refresh, there's a new post in here.

Good s*** Sonic boards, we're gonna gmake forum history.

:090:

Oh BTW I don't want to evolve my Shelldar.

SuSa

I saw...

I don't even want that fool, though. It doesn't even evolve. :laugh:
No, but he's the most epic pokemon ever.

So epic I had to write a blog about it.

EDIT:

@Boxob

You need a number for the level, not the evolution, look at my new format.

EDIT 2:

You never answered my question about whether or not the post count for the 500 counts OUTSIDE the Sonic boards as well.

491 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:

heytallman

CTALL
Lucas: Neon Ness, heytallman
That's all we need! Neon/Tallman magic, baby!

Anyway how does Wednesday/Thursday for Europeans sound? Everybody should be available then, right?

I dunno, we need to get as much people as we can, this is going to be epic.

BTW my mom says from EC to Grennwich, there's a 6 hour difference. Put Pacific coast with that, and we should probably get this arranged sometiem in the afternoon for U.S./ post midnight for Europeans.
Wednesday afternoon for me works. That will be a 7 hour difference for me, from Europe to me.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
No, but he's the most epic pokemon ever.

So epic I had to write a blog about it.

EDIT:

@Boxob

You need a number for the level, not the evolution, look at my new format.

EDIT 2:

You never answered my question about whether or not the post count for the 500 counts OUTSIDE the Sonic boards as well.

491 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:

I like the format, and posts outside of the boards count so long as you post the pokemon.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Okay check it out, 4 P.M. PST (I'll wake up earlier than usual, I'll eat early so I can get in on this), 7 P.M. EST, and assuming The Prime Meridian is 9 hours ahead of PST, that should be... 1 o' clock in the morning... unless people want to make it about 1 or two hours earlier, that would be fine too. This is Wednesday/Thursday morning BTW.

I need moar opinions though, I'm just assuming these times are fitting for everybody's "busy" schedules.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That's all we need! Neon/Tallman magic, baby!
Sorry, but I refuse to have the majority of our team filled with bots. We need to find actual people for this.

Also, Maple Treeway is a counterpick for Meta Knight, for those who didn't know.

:004:

SuSa

I like the format, and posts outside of the boards count so long as you post the pokemon.

I made a better format for mine.

It link's to your **** post so I don't have to always get it to explain "why do you post mewtwo at every post!21#$219fsimanoob!"

ps:

mewtwo.txt is made of win
UPDATING mewtwo.txt after every post I make, is not made of win.

Creating a batch script that overrites mewtwo.txt when I open it and enter a new #, that is made of win.

If anyone else wants this batch script to keep your signature updated, let me know and I'll give you the code, explain what it does, and tell you how to save it.

487 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought New Year's day was on a Friday but whatever Tuesday sounds fine, and unless otherwise you won't see me on because I have a Brawl tourney monday. Same times I hope though. I'll probably be hanging over from the tourney but playing some MKWii with mah homebois is cool too.

Ah whatever, we'll wait a few days, and if they don't have enough we can just move some people to their team and just go with it.

If you're reading this message MKWii volunteers, we should be on at the assigned times, right?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Wow, you're on this **** like white on rice.

I need sleep though, anything after this post will be read in the morning.

Peace

heytallman

CTALL
Okay check it out, 4 P.M. PST (I'll wake up earlier than usual, I'll eat early so I can get in on this), 7 P.M. EST, and assuming The Prime Meridian is 9 hours ahead of PST, that should be... 1 o' clock in the morning... unless people want to make it about 1 or two hours earlier, that would be fine too. This is Wednesday/Thursday morning BTW.

I need moar opinions though, I'm just assuming these times are fitting for everybody's "busy" schedules.

This works for me.

I'm not playing through the new year.

Tuesday/Monday?
This doesn't work for me.

Times that work for me: Tuesday way earlier than the stated time. It would have to be something like 5:00 EST for Tuesday, which should be about 11:00 PM GMT. I can't do later Tuesday. Thursday evening doesn't work for me either.

SuSa

Is anyone interested in my .bat files?

Theres 2, but you only need 1, 1 time. The 2nd is simply used to rewrite your variables. (PC , LVL , POKEMON)

You can also edit the code to not include editing of level/pokemon, and just edit the PC. Then you can manually edit the LVL/POKEMON (considering those won't be changing often)

Or you can just not be lazy.

485 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
shut the hell up.

nobody asked you.

so anyway..

i watched gameplay of sonic unleashed,

its simulteneously the fastest and slowest sonic game ever made. the daytime levels are so rediculous that i had to watch the first vid i saw twice cus my eyes seriously couldnt keep up. it was amazing.

werehog is ghey.

Tenki

Smash Hero
/
as this is going, this thread will probably be locked soon :<

Okay, so while playing with my brother earlier...

[N-air] > [D-tilt]
N-air can vary depending on your opponent's %. Late/sweetspot N-air can work at low %s, while you might want to do an early/weak N-air at middle %'s.

discuss.
shut the hell up.

nobody asked you.
okay.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Is there any formal guideline as to what constitutes spam in this thread? I mean, it's a chatroom thread, I thought it'd be pretty whatev-as-long-as-it's-not-badness, I mean like, flames/flamebait/poor-taste/inappropriate stuff.... but talking about pokeymanz and Sonic games and cosplay (ugh)? Is that allowed? I think ROOOOY asked about this earlier, or mebbe it was Boxobz.

as for pokeymanz, Clefairy's actually my favourite, but I have a habit of putting psyducks at the end of posts where I'm confused.... and I'm confused a lot.... so I'll just stick to that... I guess?

I'm not sure I understand the leveling stuff; how does Havokk have 492 posts; that's the number of posts he's made on the boards that are suffixed by a mewtwo? Havokk send me ur code, it'll make more sense to me than Boxtalks :laugh:

I'ma post mah Psyduck's level in #1f1f1f text beside him so it doesn't interfere with the significance of Psyduck's confused presence.

1 :054:

SuSa

My code decided to die on me, it worked for 2 posts.

Then it crapped out.

It almost takes more editing then just copy pasting.

Basically its Posts Left to Level (for me its 484) - I'm Lvl 1 [/ur ] :icon:

Without all the spaces and stuffs....

You take off 1 for every post you make with your pokemon (what my script is supposed to do everytime you run it by pressing enter.... but it seems to do it twice, then crash -_- so wait until I recode it.

EDIT:

Also if this is the official chatroom thread, I see that as long as its not posting pr0n or something, it should be alright. We're all having a good time, the topics semi-Sonic related (or pokemons, but thats how you know we're Sonic mains :D) and if you ask me. If they do close this, we'll just be spamming everywhere again. This thread is doing its purpose by keeping the spam contained in a single thread.

EDIT2:

Also, the reason my codes having problems, is because I'm trying to keep it as user friendly as possible.

If you know Batch and think you can solve it (without creating 1500~ more lines of repeated code with different variables..... which would take weeks)

code tags are fail
REM = comments
Code:
@echo off
REM - The below will just state what the program does in 4 lines, leaving a blank line.
echo -This program overwrites the program you just created.
echo -Simply edit this file with a few variables based on your pokemon.
echo -It will ignore the edit on startup and skip to "Enter a New Post Count"
echo -Enter a new post count to update your signature for your file!

:set
REM - Setting all the variables : D
set  pc=486
set  poke=:mewtwo:
set  level=1
set  name=mewtwo

:pause
REM - Tell the user to press a key to continue. This allows them to read the above echo's. 
pause

:change
REM - Echo's 1 line of an underscore, then automatically sets your new post count based off your first post count.
echo _____________________________________________
SET /a pc3=%pc% - 1
SET input=[url="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6214646&postcount=256"]%pc3% - Lvl %level%[/url] %poke%
goto overwrite

:overwrite
if exist "%name%.txt" del "%name%.txt"
echo %input% >>%name%.txt

:choice
set choice=
set /p choice="Do you wish to take away 1 post count? Press 'y' and enter for Yes: "
if not '%choice%'=='' set choice=%choice:~0,1%
if '%choice%'=='y' goto next

:next
REM - Echo's 1 line of an underscore, then automatically sets your new post count based off your first post count.
echo _____________________________________________
SET /a pc4=%pc3% - 1
SET input=[url="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6214646&postcount=256"]%pc4% - Lvl %level%[/url] %poke%
goto overwrite

:stop

[url="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6214646&postcount=256"]484 - Lvl 1
:mewtwo:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. You're decreasing from 500. And your script is driven by manually hitting a button just before you make each post with the pokeyman; not by some sort of interface with a smashboards API I was unaware of, or smthg like that :laugh: I'm not on Windows so I was gonna hafta port your script anyway, so w/e no worries.

Hmmmmmmm........ I wonder if I could make something crazy-automatic...... like write a script which does a SWF search for all my posts that contain : 054 :, etc. Then make a web interface so everyone can use it for their own pokeymanz. :laugh:

..... I should prolly do some real work first >.<

OOH code! I'll look through. I like my new format better; Psyduck links to Boxopost.

1:054: 497

SuSa

I also like your invisi-posting. :p

I'm going to steal your fomatting.

Also yah, mines manually driven, but it saves the file for you so when you wake up the next day or something, you have the file.

I would create some crazy-awesome-php script, but I don't want to force everyone to install php. Also, I made the silly assumption everyone was running Windows so that Batch would work.

I didn't know you were a coder, and if I had access to JScript (ohwait, I could use an offsite place for it) to search all posts containing : mewtwo : for me, and give me a number. However it would be driven off of two variables, (name : pokemon) and would take a lot more work then just keeping track of your posts and level, lol.

1 :mewtwo: 480

infomon

Smash Scientist
Alright, this is awesome. Havokk with your : mewtwo :, you can actually use vbulletin's search to find all your posts that have that in them, and use that for your count. For the rest of us though, : 093 : (for example) is too short a search for it to work, and I can't find a way to string together words separated by a space; for example, "1 :093:" (for a level-1 haunter) won't search. Maybe there's a better way?

The easy option is if we change our "template" so that there's no space between the pokéman's level and its icon. So use 1:093: in the template, and then I could someday write a publicly-accessible script that automatically searches all your posts with your pokemon at its level, subtracts that from 500, and builds your new pokésig.

Altho, the search itself might take time, and be a drain on SWF's computational resources. :laugh: but I suspect we're small enough that this dent would be hardly noticeable........

..... but I'm also kinda lazy, so we'll see if I ever make such a script.... oh and it might be even more tedious to go to some website rather than ppl run their own batch script, idk :laugh:

1:054: 496

SuSa

That's why I want to get my batch script running, clicking any button, or going to a website....hmmm....

The only problem with mine is human error, like pressing a button TWICE rather then ONCE.

See, one more reason why Mewtwo is epic.

And you can change your template, we don't need a universal one. They are just there to help (and link people so we don't need to explain ourselves)

1 :mewtwo: 472

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
so Umbreon and Xiivi have agreed to allow us to make a new chatroom (This thread will become said chatroom) It's also suggested to keep Haunters inside of the Sonic boards.
This is why this wont be locked Tenki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom