• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

D0N

Smash Ace
Why yes... yes it does. I have to know fun facts like that for the PR.

H4X hows that coming along anyway? Is it going up before next tourney?

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Double post for random tourney:
Club Relevant from 5-10! 929 Level Green Blvd (Va Beach) $5 All Ages!

Kaboombash Video Game Expo
Video Game tournaments & Challenges!
Super Street Fighter 4 & Halo Reach Tournament for cash prize
Cosplay Contest
Giveaways & Cash Prizes
...Laser Light Show
Music Guest - Kaboombox!
Bring whoever you want open to anyone

Setups appreciated!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yaa were running this^ so come out. i have like 80 fliers for the tourney to pass out. this could be a good opportunity to get a lot of new people interested.

D0N

Smash Ace
Double post for random tourney:
Club Relevant from 5-10! 929 Level Green Blvd (Va Beach) $5 All Ages!

Kaboombash Video Game Expo
Video Game tournaments & Challenges!
Super Street Fighter 4 & Halo Reach Tournament for cash prize
Cosplay Contest
Giveaways & Cash Prizes
...Laser Light Show
Music Guest - Kaboombox!
Bring whoever you want open to anyone

Setups appreciated!
this today?

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Double post because has nothing to do with the last.

D0n ggs thanks for the practice.
Rbm: good ****. You're way better like I said there and your practice shows. I think you only dropped three grabs that time that weren't low %/nana far away. Good job with the blizzard walling, I'm sure you'll keep getting better with it. I'm scared now.
Zo: ggs. Wario use of items from the bike and making it a tactic was new to me. Good stuff
Unknown: playing you offline is weird, lol. GGs, stick around.
SOVA gettin better, *****es. I gotta figure out when I can head up to nova with you guys.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Those were 3 grabs that should have went though. :( If I knew I could go to FD, I would have.

Zo, told you I got you figured out. GGs man, I know you can get better.

Carlos, I think you would have won first game if it was for that SD. I think you're better than me right now imo.

Mashi, I did really bad. Like REALLY bad in LF. Our first set was okay, but LF was ugh. GGs though, I learned alot.

Imma be getting better, just gotta make the right decisions.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Not a bad day overall, that SD was all bad. I could've sworn I hit up-b though, it happens. Congrats on placing top 3 RBM, if not for you I wouldn't be nearly as good as I am now. :p

On a side note I definitely need to work on the DK match-up, I'm still too unfamiliar with it.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Heh, all brawl is honesty is focusing on not making bad decisions.

On a side note, and this is going to seem ******** that I'm asking, but is the only stage I should ever ban FD? lol

D0N

Smash Ace
A)Heh, all brawl is honesty is focusing on not making bad decisions.

B)On a side note, and this is going to seem ******** that I'm asking, but is the only stage I should ever ban FD? lol
A) No
B) Yes, but you should ask an MK to be sure

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
Zo, told you I got you figured out. GGs man, I know you can get better.
yeah SDing against you twice. you figured me out haha. but GG deff need to practice

and geno its a new concept to me too. i've seen alot of warios using that now so im trying to pick it up

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
How are you gonna john about SDing? If I had a dollar for every time Carlos gimped me I wouldn't have any money johns. I even predict when he gimps me too. Get less predictable on it, practice it, I gotta do it too.

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
How are you gonna john about SDing? If I had a dollar for every time Carlos gimped me I wouldn't have any money johns. I even predict when he gimps me too. Get less predictable on it, practice it, I gotta do it too.
1st off kid no one was johning bout losing so get your facts straight. 2nd off you always seen to have alot of **** to talk when you get home behind your computer; next time if you got something to say say it to my face cuz i'm getting real ****ing tired of your *** holding **** in till you get home.

D0N

Smash Ace
@Geno

You are over simplifying the game. It's not a good idea to do that with any game you play competativly imo because you may end up overlooking areas you can improve in. There are plenty of other things that you probobly know about in this game such as spacing, matchup knowledge, knowing kill percents, SDI, tech skill (don't think melee or just wall techs...), risk/reward, what percent certain things work, what percent certain things are unsafe, and more that "focus on not making bad decisions" doesn't describe well. Making good decisions is the end result of knowing how to use those things in the right way, but all you are saying with that statement is "just play smart" without actually saying what encompasses playing smart.

Also...
MM #2 RBM vs Zo!!! :laugh:

kid_in_da_hat

Smash Rookie
haha i really don't care. just when people try to tell me what im doing pisses me off. and im officially gonna start to learning wario's frames, match ups, and combos instead of freestyling moves lol.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
@Geno

You are over simplifying the game. It's not a good idea to do that with any game you play competativly imo because you may end up overlooking areas you can improve in. There are plenty of other things that you probobly know about in this game such as spacing, matchup knowledge, knowing kill percents, SDI, tech skill (don't think melee or just wall techs...), risk/reward, what percent certain things work, what percent certain things are unsafe, and more that "focus on not making bad decisions" doesn't describe well. Making good decisions is the end result of knowing how to use those things in the right way, but all you are saying with that statement is "just play smart" without actually saying what encompasses playing smart.

Also...
I thought brawl was a simple game where I can press b and win :(

Randy McRanderson

Smash Rookie
1st off kid no one was johning bout losing so get your facts straight. 2nd off you always seen to have alot of **** to talk when you get home behind your computer; next time if you got something to say say it to my face cuz i'm getting real ****ing tired of your *** holding **** in till you get home.
Sooooo, you mad?

@Geno

Also...
tl;dr.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Tl;dr is play smart and hit b more

Just messin with ya don, I totally get what you're trying to explain to me.

This DK with cowboy hat on this flyer was a nice touch though. Can I suggest an MK shooting arrows next? Lol

Top Bottom