• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Speed Gamers Anniversary Marathon

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I checked this section and didn't find anything about it, so at least I THINK it's not a repeat thread. :^/

thespeedgamers.com said:
Our Zelda Marathon starts on March 13th @ 6 pm cst, in which we will be trying to complete all 13 Zelda games live on webcam in 72 hours! You can view the marathon here on our site, and chat with us while we are playing!

We will be raising money for Ally’s House, a group which helps with medical and other expenses of the families with children undergoing Cancer treatment. We have raised over $15,000 for various charities.

Zelda themed prizes such as T-shirts and games will be given away during the marathon to the viewers.

Our first Marathon was on March 14th 2008, so this will mark our 1 year anniversary of TheSpeedGamers! Hooray! We will be doing something special to mark the event.

List of Games we will be attempting to beat in 72 hours
* The Legend of Zelda
* Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
* A Link to the Past
* Link’s Awakening
* The Ocarina of Time
* Majora’s Mask
* Oracle of Ages
* Oracle of Seasons
* The Wind Waker
* The Minish Cap
* Twilight Princess
* Phantom Hourglass
* Four Swords Adventures
They've been practicing for months, and their combined times should see the end of these games a couple hours short of their 72 hour goal. They have a surprise in store, though, to make sure the 72 hours are filled. See you guys there.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
GoodLuck to whoever is attempting this, I can't even beat one of those in 72 hours. :/

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen the LoZ Speedruns on Speed Demos Archives?
U have to they are so good.
These are always good for inspiration. The first time I saw the 33 minute run I instantly soiled my pants, then rapidly changed and soiled the next pair. It's that good.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
kilgard said:
-=Times=-
Zelda 1 - 1:30
Zelda 2 - 2:49
LttP - 2:14
Links awakening - 2:08
OoT - 7:30
MM - 7:14
Oracle of Seasons - 3:37
Oracle of Ages - 5:00 (with code from seasons for final boss)
Wind Waker - 8:36
Minish cap - 3:37
Twilight princes - 8:18 mins
Phantom Hourglass/4 sword - Forever and half
They did fail epicly on PH (11:20) and FSA (probably close to PH) due partly to a troublesome camera set-up for PH (he couldn't reach his left hand in to use L or the dir-pad), but mostly from utter lack of practice (the PH runner checked out a speedrun on youtube but didn't actually practice himself much, and only one of the FSA players played it and told the others you didn't really have to play much to keep up).

The first eleven games turned out really good, though, especially considering they didn't use major glitches. Also, you gotta give props to Phil, for having to create half of the Ages run himself. There isn't a run on SDA for it. And he still had enough time to practice Seasons, OoT, and TP.

Yes, they missed their target time (only had a quarter of a game to go), but they did meet their donation goal. :^D

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Compared to last year though, they said they were doing about 7 zelda games (their first speedrun) and didn't even make it the 72 hour timemark. So this definetly a big stepup.

Top Bottom