• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 3.0 Available!!!)

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
A bit more space as well as copying and pasting a huge group at once so if you need room for something you can copy things and delete them but then paste them back when you're done. Makes things easier.

Jakor

Smash Ace
A bit more space as well as copying and pasting a huge group at once so if you need room for something you can copy things and delete them but then paste them back when you're done. Makes things easier.
What do you mean by more space? More space as in more places to put characters?

For copying and pasting a group, I don't know how I could make that work out though. I could make something which moves all the roster to the left, right, top or bottom. Would that be still work as you want or not? I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe less "copy and paste" and more "draw a box?" Someting that allows you to select a group of icons to move around instead of moving them one by one.

Also, maybe an auto-organize feature. :awesome:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Maybe less "copy and paste" and more "draw a box?" Someting that allows you to select a group of icons to move around instead of moving them one by one.
I think this is something that would be hard to implement. One way around it, like I mentioned, would be to be able to move the whole roster upward, downward or sideways.

Also, maybe an auto-organize feature. :awesome:
Auto-organize the characters by series for example?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YEP. So all the Mario characters would be in one group, etc. Maybe an option to have them grouped vertically or horizontally. At the same time, you'd have to make it so the roster would always be... SQUARED UP. So maybe there would also need to be an option to have a roster oriented either wider or taller.

Oh, what about a way to "switch" icons? So maybe you want Zelda and Link to swap spots on the roster, so when you put Link over Zelda, instead of Link's icons deleting Zelda's, they just swap places?

Jakor

Smash Ace
YEP. So all the Mario characters would be in one group, etc. Maybe an option to have them grouped vertically or horizontally. At the same time, you'd have to make it so the roster would always be... SQUARED UP. So maybe there would also need to be an option to have a roster oriented either wider or taller.

Oh, what about a way to "switch" icons? So maybe you want Zelda and Link to swap spots on the roster, so when you put Link over Zelda, instead of Link's icons deleting Zelda's, they just swap places?
Great ideas, taking notes of them. Would being able to move the roster in all four directions be something that could work instead of moving them by group, though?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Being able to select a group to move would be best, but moving the entire roster may have its own uses.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
What do you mean by more space? More space as in more places to put characters?

For copying and pasting a group, I don't know how I could make that work out though. I could make something which moves all the roster to the left, right, top or bottom. Would that be still work as you want or not? I'm not sure I get what you mean.
That would work. I just didn't know how to explain it.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Ok. Would you want to have more space as in additional rows or columns to put characters?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I was thinking 15x15 rather than 10x15. Easier to move things around. Also I can't scroll down and can't see the few bottom buttons. Maybe that's just me though.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Well, I've already had my fair share of problems with screen sizes and stuff. I'll try to find an alternate solution to that.

Jakor

Smash Ace
The version 3.0 of the Roster Maker has now surpassed the version 2.0 in terms of downloads! It took only a week for the third version to reach over 250 downloads while the second version took more than a month to do so. Thank you to everyone who downloaded and tried it!

More feedback would be appreciated though. I want to know mainly what you think about the new features. Are they: Useless? Fun? Interesting?

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I should probably be taking this up with Oasis, but I would love an icon for Generation 6 of Pokemon. Then I won't have to keep putting stupid Zoroark in my rosters.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Wow! The number of total downloads just reached over 500 today! Some work has been done so far, but I just want to let everyone know that I won't release the 4th version until I also have a considerable amount of new characters to add, as well as enough new features to make it worth downloading.

Johnizdabombz

Smash Rookie
This is great, I love it. But just wondering, can you be so kind to as, add Chaos and E-102 Gamma from 'Sonic Adventure', Haxorus from 'Pokemon Black and White', Darkri from 'Pokemon Diamond and Pearl', Frank West from 'Deadrising: Off the Records' and Master Chief from 'Halo 3', if you did it would make this program better than it alredy is.

Jakor

Smash Ace
This is great, I love it. But just wondering, can you be so kind to as, add Chaos and E-102 Gamma from 'Sonic Adventure', Haxorus from 'Pokemon Black and White', Darkri from 'Pokemon Diamond and Pearl', Frank West from 'Deadrising: Off the Records' and Master Chief from 'Halo 3', if you did it would make this program better than it alredy is.
I will take note of these requests. Meanwhile, you can always do your own icons because it's going to take some time before I release the 4th version.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
I will take note of these requests. Meanwhile, you can always do your own icons because it's going to take some time before I release the 4th version.
i keep trying to do my own icon but i put it in the images its the right size its a png file but it doesnt work .... hekp

Jakor

Smash Ace
i keep trying to do my own icon but i put it in the images its the right size its a png file but it doesnt work .... hekp
Make sure you name your icon with the prefix "Icon" like the others, and after that when you start the program, click on "Add new character icons" from the menu bar at the top.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I need some help please. I have a Mac, and downloaded the program but I don't know how to get the exe file working. I tried WineBottler but it didn't work because Java. I already know I'm doing something wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated.:urg:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I need some help please. I have a Mac, and downloaded the program but I don't know how to get the exe file working. I tried WineBottler but it didn't work because Java. I already know I'm doing something wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated.:urg:
Well, it's a little tricky for Mac users, but you can get it to work however. Here is how to do it, some instructions that will be included in the upcoming "Readme" files from now on:

You can change folders in the terminal by using the "cd" command, here are some examples:
To go into a folder: cd folderName
To go to the upper folder: cd ..

You can also use the following command to see the files and folders in the current directory:
See the files in current directory: ls

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, it's a little tricky for Mac users, but you can get it to work however. Here is how to do it, some instructions that will be included in the upcoming "Readme" files from now on:

You can change folders in the terminal by using the "cd" command, here are some examples:
To go into a folder: cd folderName
To go to the upper folder: cd ..

You can also use the following command to see the files and folders in the current directory:
See the files in current directory: dir
I've tried this for a bit, and still no luck....

GiantEnemyGoomba

Smash Rookie
This is a fantastic program. Here's my roster:

The five extra randoms are placeholders for eventual new franchises or if I decide to add other characters. I'm currently deciding what three Pokemon N should have. I'm thinking about using Zoroark, Archeops and Vanilluxe. If I do decide to go with Zoroark, Lucario will replace his spot. I was very surprised I only had to create three (once I finish N's icon with with his Pokemon) icons myself. Feel free to use them in the next version if you'd like. Again, great job!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
What part are you having trouble with?
I'm having trouble with Terminal. I really don't know how to work it. But I'm gonna try it again later today.

:phone:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble with Terminal. I really don't know how to work it. But I'm gonna try it again later today.

:phone:
You know Google is your friend right? Maybe this will help you: http://guides.macrumors.com/Terminal

This is a fantastic program. Here's my roster:

The five extra randoms are placeholders for eventual new franchises or if I decide to add other characters. I'm currently deciding what three Pokemon N should have. I'm thinking about using Zoroark, Archeops and Vanilluxe. If I do decide to go with Zoroark, Lucario will replace his spot. I was very surprised I only had to create three (once I finish N's icon with with his Pokemon) icons myself. Feel free to use them in the next version if you'd like. Again, great job!
Thank you! There is a possibility that I might use your icons.

EDIT: Actually, from this moment on, if anyone has custom icons of their own, post them in this thread and there is a strong possibility I might add them to the Roster Maker!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you throw me the icon without anyone in it, I'm sure I can make a bunch of good ones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yessir. Also, my polls are dead, just fyi

ALSOALSO, what is the font called?

Batch one is done, more to come later

From Top right to bottom left:

Doc, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong, Chrome, Ghirahim
Kumatora, King K. Rool, Zelda, Krystal, Isa Jo
Goroh, BShadow, Junior, Little Mac, Masked Man

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Batch two:

Mona, Matthew, Medusa, Mewtwo, Micaiah
Palutena, Prince Sable, Leaf, Red, Ridley
Meta Ridley, Roy, Shulk, Captain Syrup, Takamaru

Batch Three:

Erika, Dunban, Bandana Dee, Trainer N, Zoroark
Zael, Ende, Fiora (two), Hades, Young Link
Iris, Calista, Midna, Pichu, Ray MK

Jakor

Smash Ace
Those are great, thank you! I guess you're letting me put the names by myself?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll put the names on, if you tell me what the font is. I'm not building the names though :p

Jakor

Smash Ace
I'll put the names on, if you tell me what the font is. I'm not building the names though :p
Well, I don't know the font, maybe you should ask Oasis. As for myself, I usually just put them together by copy and paste from the template. Although it's true it can be a bit tedious.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's ridiculous, I'll ask Oasis and report back.

He did it pixel by pixel, and I refuse to do that. So, use mine all you want, but I REFUSE to do the naming.

Top Bottom