• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well we could use al of the people we can get. The only active posters thus far have been me, Matador, and Mota.

The more people the better the discussion!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I wish they would change the game so that under the radar players weren't favored so heavily. It's basically the problem with any "vote people off" game. Well, watching those games at least. I think Sandra played a good game, better than Russell but not really better than Parvati. Russell was great but then he handled Danielle and Parvati extremely poorly and never recovered from that. I think Sandra played great as far as under the radar players go. She tricked Russell into voting off Coach, saving herself and Courtney for another day, which I thought was one of the best moves in the game.

I kinda wish they'd add something along with the jury votes that would determine the winner. Maybe give some kinda bonuses, like at the end of a game of Mario Party, and they count as a vote as well. Like if there were hidden idols that counted as a jury vote, or a challenge you could win that would count as a vote, or some kind of criteria you can meet, like winning three individual immunity challenges or something.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well they do have the $100,000 winner after every season. I'm glad Russel won that at least. He's always entertaining as hell to watch no matter what happens. He has one of the best strategic games of any Survivor player ever, but his social game is TERRIBLE.

As for Sandra winning, there was not one thing she did in this season that convinced me she deserved the million over Parvati. Parvati had a target on her back the WHOLE game, but she still managed (with Russel's help ofc) to make it to the end. Heck, even Russel admitted that Parvati should have won!

sammy p

Smash Lord
meh.... i personally didnt like this season, but just because of petty reasons. the fact that about every survivor from this season i looked up to(except russle of course.. i mea, who could really admire him), and half of them played the game like they never have before.
JT: giving his HI to a VILLIAN?? really??
Colby: i agree with James. hes like superman in a fat suit now
Candice: had the perfect opportunity to take out the villains, and ended up siding with the villaisn themselves, leading to her demise a little earlier than intended for her.
Amanda: blew the secret that parvati was supposed to go home, leading to one of the heroes ousting
Tyson: had everything laid out clear as day and took russels word, once again, leading to his demise

Sugar Stephanie Rob And Cirie all just left waay too early

and i realize most of this is a stupid arguement for why i didnt like this season so much, but i needed to do my B****ing somewhere :laugh:

Gabon FTW! :bee:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol common Sammy Tyson getting voted out from 3 people against his 6 was epic. :laugh:

But I do agree that Cirie and Stephanie left WAAAY to early. Those were my 2 favorite female Heroes. After both of them left I was pretty much sided with the Villains for the rest of the game (particularly Russel and Parvati). But Boston Rob had it coming to him. It was either going to be him or Russel leading the tribe, and Russel came out on top. And Sugar was the weakest player on the season... In all aspects. Lol

Despite the fact that the wrong person won this season, this has still been my favorite season yet. Way too many epic moments. (The showdown b/t Rob and Russel, Russel beating Jerri in the last challenge by a millisecond, Sugar going topless, etc.).

I feel like Nicaragua will be a good season though! I'm excited to see some new faces! :D

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The tribal councils did it for me in this season. They were truly epic.

I feel like the only reason Boston Rob went this season was because he put his trust into dumb people...

Tyson flipped his vote for NO reason and messed up their numbers...then Coach voted for Courtney the very next tribal...which did nothing at all. Had he voted the way he told Rob he was gonna vote, they would've had numbers again.

I'm a Boston Rob fan though...I was happy they lost so many challenges after they naively voted out Rob...he was set to run this season. He made fire with nothing, lead all the challenges to victory, won the individual that he was in...

I even bought me a Boston Rob hat, lol.

sammy p

Smash Lord
yea sugar was extremely weak, but you cant help but root for her! shes just such a likeable person(to me at least)

also, be honest with me, does it make me a creep/stalker if i added a few past survivors as friends on facebook(Gillian Larson, Jerri Manthey, Sandra Diaz-Twine, James Clements)?? in my defense, they accepted :p bahahahah

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
also, be honest with me, does it make me a creep/stalker if i added a few past survivors as friends on facebook(Gillian Larson, Jerri Manthey, Sandra Diaz-Twine, James Clements)?? in my defense, they accepted :p bahahahah
LOL I personally think that is awesome!!! Not something I would do (I don't add anyone I've never met irl on FB), but it's still amazing that they accepted! :laugh:

I would KILL to chat with Amanda for a good 30 minutes... or Parvati. :laugh:

Garsh they're both so fine. T.T

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
New banner in the OP! Also a couple of small changes to make the OP look nicer and more organized.

I wish we could get SOME kind of leak... But so far we have no new information on Nicaragua. We might not be able to get information as late as late July... But the day something is leaked I'll be all over it!

Tbh I'm ready to see the new cast already... I'm impatient.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The tribal councils did it for me in this season. They were truly epic.
Agreed they were truly epic, had me jumping out my seat, punching the air, dancing, yelling everything. Whole family thought I was nuts.
Lol watching them again still gets me hyped, Parvati's move has to be my fave, but they were all amazing!

He made fire with nothing
Haha that blew my mind, so much scepticism from Tom I think it was. But I loved Coach's reaction, falling in love with Rob 'bromance' after that.

Next season is going to have a hard time, season 20 is a tough act to follow.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
season 20 is a tough act to follow.
I agree with this 100%. I'm going to miss a lot of those All Stars (Russel, Parvati, Amanda, JT, and a few others).

But wow... Hopefully Nicaragua will be the start of a whole new DECADE of Survivor! I can't wait to see all the new contestants that we'll get to watch overtime. The new joksters, the new bullies, the new masterminds, the new hot chicks (lol), as well as the new "All Star worthy" ones.

STILL... This season just won't feel right without Russel. :(

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
BUMP

Guys guys guys you will NOT believe what just happened! I just met Russel Swan from Survivor Samoa! We talked for like an hour! Might have been the coolest thing that's happened to me in months! lol

Mota

WHHHAAA!!?? O_O

That's awesome! He's a pretty small guy haha.
How'd you even get to meet him?
What did you guys talk about? Is he douchey, smug, full of himself etc as he is on survivor?

I assume he was wearing a hat lol.

Also, pics or youze a liar :bee:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol Mota I think you're confusing Russel Swan with Russel Hantz. Russel Swan was the black Russel from Samoa.

And I do have a pic with him it's on my phone! Unfortunately, I don't have any way to get the picture on my computer...

Mota

Dangit!
I saw the name Russell and didn't comprehend the rest. XD

Haha that's still awesome! Answer my queries!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How'd you even get to meet him?

Well currently I've been doing summer research in Baltimore and I've been staying in this pretty nice hotel for a while. Every day at around 6 they provide free dinner, so I walked into lounge like I do every day and grabed my food then sat down. After eating for a bit, I looked across the room and noticed this black man with dreadlocks that looked a lot like Russel Swan from Samoa. I remember thinking the whole time "No way that CANT be him!" So after about 10 minutes of debating with myself, I decide to walk across the room and I asked "Russel Swan from Survivor Samoa?" He started laughing and said "Yup that's me!" That's how our hour long conversation began. :bee:

What did you guys talk about?

We talked about Survivor the WHOLE time lol. And since I'm such a big fan, I enjoyed every minute of it. I asked him various questions ranging from who he still keeps in contact with from his season to what he would do differently if he were to return again for another season. Oh and we also talked about his injury a lot. I also asked what it took to get on Survivor. I learned some cool secrets from him that only the castaways would know and not the TV views like you and me. Like the 10 minute challenges that we watch every episode take around 1-2 hours on AVERAGE. And this next one blew my mind: Russel (Hantz) had already played through both Samoa AND Heroes vs. Villains during the reunion show for Samoa. The reason Russel was so pissed during the reunion was because he already knew that he didn't win Samoa OR All stars! Poor guy. Lol.

Is he douchey, smug, full of himself etc as he is on survivor?

Haha obviously you were asking about Hantz here, but Swan was a really nice guy. Almost the exact same as how he was on Samoa. I was pleasantly surprised. But another thing I realized while I was talking to him is how passionate all of these Survivor contestants are. He told me that after his experience on Survivor, he has never been the same and he now values what is really important in life since he almost had a near-death experience. But at the same time, he told me if he ever got a call to be on any future Survivor seasons, he would say yes in a heartbeat. He, as well as almost every other contestant, loves this game.
Comments in bold!

pickle962

Smash Lord
Survivor is boring now. It seriously needs to get canceled. It's just not as good as when I used to watch it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^ An opinion is an opinion I guess. A lot of Survivor fans feel that last season was one of the best seasons they've seen yet.

It was definitely my favorite so far.

Sariku

Smash Master
This thread isn't allowed to die, D:
I just haven't been on SmashBoards in a while, so I'm sorry for not posting. Either way...
Rumors on SurvivorSucks says that this may become a "Young VS. Old" season, with a tribe of younger contestants and a tribe of older ones, obviously. That'd be kinda cool, but nothing mind blowing.
I'll be sure not to actually post spoilers for anything, nothing that isn't in spoiler tags anyways, but...

Rumors are also saying that season 22 will actually be "Survivor: Russell VS. Rob." I know some people won't like that at all, for fair reason- Russell, again. And that a season devoted to two people is just a dumb idea altogether. Either way, the person who posted this rumor was the same one who posted the boot list for Heroes VS. Villains a month before the season aired, which was completely correct.
Just some things to spice up this thread. You guys pumped? I am :]

Mota

Hmm 'young vs old' sounds kinda stupid. You'd assume the younger bunch would dominate the physical challenges as well stamina whatnot haha. But I'll play with the idea, who could be in the 'old' tribe? Tom?

Haha as much as I'd like to see a Russell vs Rob that just wouldn't work out well.
Would they be on the same starting tribe or separate? What happens if one of them gets voted out like mega early and they never actually face off LOL, the tribe having seen Russell play before now would instantly vote him off. The whole concept just dies.
If Russ plays again, it would be interesting to see if he changes his game plan, work on his social game, seeing as everyone knows how he plays now.

Me pumped! :)

Sariku

Smash Master
First off, for S21, Young VS. Old, they've done such like that before. Vanuatu they did Men VS. Women, and the women took the lead. Of course, Chris won in the end. <3333
And this has new cast members, no returning ones. Unless there was a returning one... but the good majority, if not all, will be new, x]

If they did Rob VS. Russell, I think either A) they would do the Guatamala twist (where Stephanie and Bobby Jon, from the season before it, each joined one of the tribes. both of them made it post merge, with Stephanie almost winning the season.) or B) change the rules of the game for the season. I have no idea how they would ever do that to keep it fair, but they could just give (hopefully they don't) immunity to Rob and Russell until the merge. The two could be coaches for the tribe, the two could "hand pick" their tribes, etc.

Mota

Ahhh all new members would make more sense lol. I 'd def like too see the old underdogs schooling the young'uns XD

Yea looking at the options you've suggested, I don't think a Rob vs Russel would work unless they drastically changed the game to the point it wasn't survivor any more.

Russ should take a break, at least 5 seasons, lol people are already sick of him. Even myself as a fan don't want more Russ for the moment.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Russell said on his FaceBook that he's officially done with the game of Survivor.
I doubt it though, x]
ill believe it when i dont see it :p
the names have been released for nicuragua, but i really didnt feel like posting them.. :ohwell:
but one person everyone should be aware of is the former football coach, jimmy johnson :D

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ahhh Sariku beat me to the news! I appreciate it though!

According to the rumors, it looks like S21 will be 40 and older vs 30 and younger. I kinda like the idea, but I have a feeling the 40+ will dominate because the older people always seem to be the smarter ones, and we all know Survivor is 20% physical and 80% social/strategic. There is also a rumor that an NFL head coach will be on the 40+ tribe, which should be funny because we all know how "tough"coaches are supposed to be.

And a Russel vs. Rob season would suck. If it were to happen, I could EASILY see both Rob and Russel getting voted out before they even merged together, which would be sooo fail.

@Sariku Parvati declared that she would never go on Survivor again after she was on for the second time... And she came back. :p

EDIT: Yup the rumors were correct. The head coach of the Dallas Cowboys (Jimmy Johnson) will indeed be on the 40+ tribe. Yay for NFL coaches.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sorry for the double post, but you guys will indeed want to read this.

When "Survivor: Nicaragua" premieres this fall on its new night, it will be a battle of the ages … literally. ET talks to host Jeff Probst to get the inside story on how the 20 new castaways will be divided into two tribes: Young vs. Old. The Espada Tribe will be made up of individuals over the age of 40, while the La Flor Tribe members will be 30 years and younger

ET: What can you tell me about the new season?

Jeff Probst: Early in casting, we decided we had a lot of good older people. And older people on "Survivor" means over 40, so bear that in mind. So Mark [Burnett] decided he wanted to do old vs. young, which is risky for us to do because one tribe could dominate the other and it would be over soon. Surprisingly, it was a very interesting experience early on. We have a great, fun cast.

ET: Normally, when older people are cast they are voted off right away.

Jeff Probst: Yeah. Typically, if you are older, you are in trouble because they tend to keep the younger people around. Now, the older tribe is on its own. All they have to do is win to stay on the show. It is wisdom vs. brawn. That is the question. Being strong is one thing, but do you have anything upstairs? That is where you usually see the older people excel. They know how to think; they know how to remain calm. They have lived a little.

ET: Did you keep the same challenges?

Jeff Probst: No. We adapted the challenges. You don't want to do big, strong physical, knock-down, drag-out challenges when it is old vs. young. We built challenges that would be as fair for a 68-year-old guy as they would for an 18-year-old woman.

ET: So are we going to have some good villains this season?

Jeff Probst: The villains remain to be seen. I cannot ever predict who people are going to love or love to hate. There are people on this show that annoy me that become heroes. There are people that I love, like Coach, who end up becoming villains. I can't predict anymore. But there are some memorable characters.

ET: The past two seasons the Tribal Councils have been really good. How do you keep it fresh?

Jeff Probst: I think keeping the show fresh is done the minute you put new people on it. You get a new group of people and it is a whole new show. If I was interviewing the same group year after year, it might grow old, but they have new answers and I have new tricks for getting answers, so it makes it fun.

ET: So it still surprises you?

Jeff Probst: That is what I like. I like when somebody comes to Tribal ready to play.

Mota

Ahh so it is Old vs Young, should be interesting how the old will fare by themselves, physically and socially.

Lol an NFL coach, bet the oldies won't listen to him at all. Wasn't there a season where an elite soldier joined the game as a guide?

Nice interview :) good insight.

Return

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for the next season!

It's fun when you have an entirely new cast and a new person to cheer for.

Past 2 seasons = Russel obviously.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah a new cast is always fun.

And sorry you didn't enjoy Russel. I'm upset he never won either seasons but he will definitely go down in Survivor history as the best strategic player to ever play the game. The only thing preventing him as going down as the best ever is his horrid social game... He already ticks off everyone he votes out, but he eventually ticks off his own alliance members (Parvati turned on him towards the end)! Lol he will be missed.

In other news, we should have the new Nicaragua cast by next week, and I should have them all posted in the OP in similar fashion to how I did HvV! Get excited! :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just discovered this group, this seems really interesting. The social factor on the young tribe also intrests me. Everyone on the young tribe shud hook up xD

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Meet one of the 20 new contestants... and the super hottie of Survivor: Nicaragua... Brenda Lowe! I rarely like to spoil myself before CBS confirms the cast members, but this one is a rare exception. This chick is HOT! She gives Parvati and Amanda a run for their money.

Apparently she also has brains to back up her looks (Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism) and is very athletic (Cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins for 2 years and a hardcore paddle boarder). She's part Asian and Hispanic.

I'm hiding the pictures to prevent spoiling anyone that doesn't want to get... well... spoiled. Also to prevent page stretching.

[collapse=PICTURES]

[/collapse]

Mota

Oh...My...Buddha

*speechless*

Just kidding. My god she's hot. ASIAN AND HISPANIC?! Gives the charm princess Parvati a run for her money, or any survivor girl for that matter.

Okie dokie I know who I'm rooting for.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol agreed. Something tells me she might make it far. She's going to get flirted with like crazy... She's too cute.

But dude you haven't seen anything yet there were a few REALLY nice photos of her modeling for Maxim but I couldn't post the link here because there was an inappropriate word in the link which made part it get censored out. Therefore the pictures would never come up. :\

If she gets voted out pre-merge... I will shoot a cow.

Mota

Well prepare to shoot a cow, cause the young, asian, hot usually get voted out early >_< 2nd person voted out, calling it.

I really want her to go far solely because of her looks haha, Dam I'm shallow. Most definitly why producers put her in.

There's rumours of Russel vs Rob for season 22, can any confirm?

Maxim photos? Link meee

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol I sent the link.

And CBS is revealing the full cast list on their site on Monday! I should have the full cast list by the end of that day in the OP!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
*BUMP*

The full cast as well as the "meet the cast video" is now in the OP! Check em out!

And now the pics from Heroes vs. Villains are messing up... ARRRG I'll fix them later. :mad:

Mota

Good stuff, the oldies look pretty tanky haha. I guess they need people who can go the distance. The 'Espada' sound cooler then Le Flower

Whoa there's a person with a prosthetic leg?

Brenda<3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That's Kelly B. She's one of my early favorites. If she can show everyone else that she's a strong competetor I'm willing to bet she'll make it far.

In fact... Here's my list of people I like so far. But can't make a read on who will win yet I need to see an episode or two first:

La Flor- Chase, Jud, Shannon, Brenda, Kelly B, and Na Onka
Espada- Dan, Jimmy T, Tyrone, Jill, and Yve

But overall, this is looking like an amazingly fun cast!

Sariku

Smash Master
ill believe it when i dont see it :p
the names have been released for nicuragua, but i really didnt feel like posting them.. :ohwell:
but one person everyone should be aware of is the former football coach, jimmy johnson :D
I see you post a lot of SS, x]
I've lurked there since after Tocantins, so it's nice to see you on SWF too.
I like Jud, actually. I hope he makes it post-merge. And I'm not gay, but I don't think Brenda is that cute, :/ Parvati is still the best looking girl on Survivor.
Anyways, there are some huge things rumored to happen in this season. THE FIRST CASTAWAY TO BE BOOTED OFF IS...

Wendy.

For the first time in Survivor history, two girls will quit post merge (one after another), and will be put onto the jury. The tribes will enter the merge with eight < 30 and four > 40.

If no one wants to know what is in the spoiler text, you don't have to read. It reveals the first boot, how many castaways from each age group will make it to the merge, and a Survivor first that involves two females.

I can't wait, :D

Top Bottom