• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Want now! :mad: but yay!

Cursed spoiler tags, always end up reading them anyway lol.

Return

Smash Apprentice
*I havent seen or read any spoilers, these are my opinions/assessments based on watching the 1-2 minute interviews of the people*

Yay for first impression judging.
Both teams have guys with big egos. assuming it isnt another russell/rob clash, the women will be eliminated pretty fast.

Young team: Ben/Matt/Shannon could clash.
Old team: Marty/Jimmy J could clash.

ben - party guy, could make it far.
chase xxx - humble, nice, southern guy. reminds me of JT (tocantins). could win.
jud - surfer dude - merge bubble (reminds me of tyson)
matthew - cocky, near the merge bubble
shannon - cocky, near the merge bubble
alina - "bad ***" - could go far (reminds me of parvati)
brenda - the pretty girl with a bad side, in past the merge.
kelly b - amputee, make the merge
kelly s - the "dumb blonde" - merge bubble
na onka - hard to tell, she seems down to earth but is also cocky.

dan - very wise, could go early.
jimmy j - NFL football coach - in past the merge.
jimmy t - fisherman - in past the merge.
marty - very individual, someone who could make it far.
tyrone - nice guy, been through a lot. In past the merge
holly - stay at home mom - near the merge bubble
jane - "hillbilly tomboy" out early.
jill - the nice adventurous woman - merge bubble
wendy - annoying, weak woman. - out before the merge
yve - attitude - OUT early

My personal favorites:
Chase
Alina
Marty

The old women don't stand a chance. All the young girls don't seem shy at all and the guys in both tribes will clash.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
MY TURN! :D

La Flor:

Alina- I like her for her spunk but I just don't see her making it past the merge because she will most likely be one of (if not THE) weakest players on her tribe and she seems a bit cocky... Which is a ticket to getting voted out in Survivor... The only cocky player that makes it far is Russel Hantz. :laugh:

Brenda- One of my absolute favorites from this season. I think Brenda will go far. She's extremely cute, very athletic, and appears to have some brains. Jeff Probst even went as far as calling her a "black widow," so look out guys! She's my favorite on the La Flor tribe for sure unless she reveals herself to be a complete b****.

Kelly B.- Another one of my favorites. If I had to make a bet on one of these 20 contestants making it past the merge, I'd put my money on Kelly. She's simply too athletic and will have too many sympathy votes to get voted out pre-merge. If she makes it deep in the game she will be a major threat to win.

Kelly S.- Early boot. La Flor has some really strong woman on their tribe, which will most likely result in this one being labeled as the "weak blond." The only way I could see her making it past the merge is if she gets into a good alliance.

Na Onka- Wow the La Flor tribe might have one of the best female casts from any regular Survivor season I've seen! Yet another woman I like a lot! She seems very down-to-earth and likable if you can get past her cockiness. She will also most likely end up being the most athletic female on the season, so if she can get into a good alliance, she will go far. Brenda + Kelly B. + Na Onka alliance please!!!

Ben- I don't like this guy at all. WAAAY too cocky. Pre-merge boot please.

Chase
- He will go far for sure simply because he won't interfere with the inevitable clash between Ben/Shannon/Matthew. He could end up being the next J.T. Lets just hope he isn't boring.

Jud- I like this guy. He's not my favorite to win but he will undoubtedly make this season a lot funnier. He seems like a nicer Tyson.

Matthew- (See Ben)

Shannon- Another favorite. He also seems very cocky like Ben and Matthew but unlike those two, I don't think he will dig his own grave. It looks like he wants to lead the tribe but at the same time, he said in his interview that he knows how to take orders since he's married. He also stated that he's like Russel, but much prettier. You just gotta laugh at that. :laugh: I personally want to see him put Matthew and Ben in their place.

Espada:

Dan- I like this guy because he seems very crafty... Someone who will cause trouble ya know? I've never seen anyone like him on the show so I think he will be interesting to watch. I have no idea how far he will go.

Jimmy J.- Ahhh the famous football coach... Old and bossy = early boot. :ohwell:

Jimmy T.- My favorite on the Espada tribe. I can't put my finger on it but there's something I just really like about this guy. He seems like a very nice guy who will be able to support his tribe and do well at challenges but hopefully he won't be too oblivious to what's going on and get blindsided by someone like Dan.

Marty- This guy seems like he will end up being one of the intellects of this season. I think his strategic game will be his strong point. I think his downfall might be his physical game. I'd love to see an alliance between him and someone like Dan.

Tyrone- Another one of my favorites to win this season. He seems like the new James, but a bit wiser. He seems very likable, will kick *** at the physical challenges, and if he works his way into a solid alliance, he will be a huge threat. His strategic game will be his downfall if he doesn't have the brains.

Holly- The nice stay-at-home mom who will most likely stay out of the way and be our "under the radar player" of the season. I can see her sneaking her way into the final 3 if she keeps a low profile.

Jane- The athletic old lady with no brains. Early boot.

Jill- She seems like the most well-rounded player on the Espada tribe. She's nice, very athletic, and she's also very smart (a doctor if I remember correctly). She seems a bit boring though... :urg:

Wendy- The nice older lady... Early boot.

Yve- Yve is a toss-up for me I'm not quite sure what to expect from her. I could see her surprising me though. She's my favorite female on Espada for sure. The rest of the females either suck (Jane and Wendy), or are boring (Holly and Jill).

Tl;dr- La Flor has a great female cast, while the males are meh. Espada has a great male cast, while the females are terrible.

Moozle

Smash Champion
My parents own a place in nicaragua, and the tribal councel area is literally like 500 feet from the house lol. My parents were there in June when survivor was being filmed and they got to talk to all of the crew and Mark Burnett. I was so jealous that I couldn't be there! I've been watching survivor since it came out; I love it :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That's amazing I'm jealous! I'm a hardcore survivor fan and put a lot of work into the OP to keep you guys updated so make sure you check back every once in a while when Nicaragua starts!

Return

Smash Apprentice
My responses to your opinions :bee:

MY TURN! :D

La Flor:

Alina-
She seems cocky but also smart and tricky. That could either lead to her downfall or her making a huge move later in the game that gets her to the top.

Brenda-
Probst does comment about her, I guess that implies that she makes it pretty far. She will probably act like a b**** (hence the black window comment) like Jerry in Season 2(?).

Kelly B.-
She's an amputee, so she's going to be immediately looked at differently. Probst also made a good point when he said the other contestants might say "Look at what she's been through and she's still out here competing; she's such a strong woman so we should get rid of her."

Kelly S.-
I don't see her going far at all.

Na Onka-
Not to be racist or anything, but the talkative black girls usually get voted out early. If she can control her mouth, it will be interesting to see who she aligns with.

Ben-
Depends how Ben/Matt/Shannon get along.

Chase
-
I don't think he will be as well-liked as JT. JT did EVERYTHING for his tribe, including win challenges single handedly. There are enough strong guys on this tribe so that they don't need to rely on one person.

Jud-
Just a filler, lol.

Matthew- Depends how Ben/Matt/Shannon get along.

Shannon-
He's still very cocky, it doesn't look like he'll be aligning with any other males.

Espada:

Dan-
It's weird, I see him as a wise person who people come to for advice. Those kinds of people don't usually make it far.

Jimmy J.-
He might get eliminated if the other guys find him bossy, or after all the useless women are eliminated.

Jimmy T.-
Doesn't feel like he's here to play the strategic game.

Marty-
He reminds me of Richard Hatch and will probably become the leader of the tribe.

Tyrone-
I don't think he will win, and he's sure as hell not as strong or athletic as James.

Holly- When is the last time an old woman made it far? >__>
Jane
Jill
Wendy

Yve- She seems a bit younger than the other women on her tribe, but the males will probably see her as a threat and vote her off.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I only need to respond to a few I can agree with just about everything else you said...

Kelly B.- I agree she most likely won't win because she will be one of the main targets after the merge (girl w/o a leg in the final 3 = instant winner). But when it comes to making it to the merge, I think she will make it for sure because she will be too much of an asset at the challenges. The only way I can see her not making the merge is if she doesn't get into the dominant alliance.

Na Onka- I think all of the talking was just editing to make her seem a bit more "wild" than she actually is. If her social game is good than she will be in the game for a long time because her tribe will need her for the challenges.

Chase- Right JT did dominate his season but I was just talking about his popularity when concerning the fans. Lets face it. 4 out of the 5 guys on the La Flor tribe are pretty much cocky and self-obsessed. Since Chase will most likely be the "good guy" on his tribe, he will gain a lot of fans for it and he will also be in way better shape than any of the other guys in term of his social game. You gotta remember this game is 10% physical, 40% strategic, and 50% social. If people don't like you, you won't win the game. Simple as that... And Chase will be liked.

Shannon- Don't come to conclusions yet we've only seen 2 minute interviews so far. Yes he's cocky but not nearly as bad as Ben or Matthew IMO. Remember he said he will take orders if he has to. I think he'll get along better with the guys better than you're giving him credit for.

Tyrone- Lol have you not seen how huge he is? Of course nobody will be as big as James but when you compare Tyrone to everyone else on this season, Tyone's the biggest for sure. The thing that will separate him from James is that I believe he will be a lot more likable and have an overall better social game. I don't know about his strategic game but who knows... He might surprise us.

The 4 old women you mentioned- The reason old people never make it far is because there are usually one or two old people on both tribes every season... Now there's 10. They have as good as a shot as anyone else now. Keep your eye out for Holly and Jill.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
survivorsucks.com/topic/72391/t/Survivor-22-Russell-Hantz-vs-Rob-Mariano.html
(add http:// at the beginning)

The OPer of the thread is the same person who leaked all of the spoilers for both Samoa and HvV... It's real.

Mota

Wow the producers are actually doing it. Should be interesting to see how this will actually work.

Sariku

Smash Master
You're giving out the same info I was giving out about a month ago, RealGamer, lol. I thought you actually had confirmation. I'm a huge lurker at SS, so I know what's going on over there, x] And even though Missyae has been right about everything since S19, it's not confirmed. I thought you had a confirmation link about S22, Q_Q

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I didn't want look at your spoilers... lol I'm terrified of bootlists ever since HvV.

But seriously it may not be confirmed yet, but it's obviously happening as we speak. Someone else even stated that they saw
Russel Hantz
at an international airport (cant remember the exact name of it) a few days ago, which is exactly on time with when S22 will start filming.

Now concerning S22...
I aboslutely hate the idea. I love Russel to death, but he's going to be in 3 out of the last 4 seasons... That's overkill. And Rob has already been on Survivor 3 times. 3 strikes and you should be OUT. 4 is WAAAY too many re-appearances.

And judging from the Missy spoilers, it seems that it will be Russel on one tribe of randoms and Rob on the other tribe of randoms. Rob and Russel obviously won't even make it close to the merge if the other contestants have any brains at all. If they base this whole season on Rob vs Russel, and neither of them even make it to the merge (which will most likely happen), it will be the most FAILED Survivor season ever. Something tells me Rob and Russel are going to be getting some sort of advantage over the other castaways, which is complete BS. I hate this season already and it hasn't even started yet.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm happy with it. They won't give R/R immunity till the merge. And I don't know how far you ever got in that thread, but people like Coach and that one Hispanic chick off of Samoa is supposed to be on it to. No guarantee that it would be random people. If it is another all star season, I think it's safe to say it's possibly one of the final seasons, trying to hit a bunch of all star seasons out before the series ends. That's just rumor though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As sad as this is, I read just about every post in the thread and the rumor of it being another All Stars was deemed false by Missy. According to her she said it would (most likely) be "Russel and Rob with the best-of-the-best applicants they have.

And I would hate to see both Monica and Coach back if it was indeed one last All Stars. Monica sucked and barely did anything in her season while Coach is nothing but a character that Jeff Probst is in love with.

In fact, the only people that should be in a last "All Stars" season from HvV are Russel, Rob, Parvati, and to a certain extent, Sandra since she is the "Queen" of Survivor I guess. 2/2 wins is impressive, no matter how bad of a physical player you are.

Mota

I have to agree with TRG, season 22 with Russell and Rob yet again is way other doing it, especially Russel, as least a couple season spacing...

It really just seems like the producers are riding on the Russ and Rob hype from the other season, but really, I think most people won't be interested or care about the two main acts.
How exactly this is going to work will be something I'm looking forward too. How will it be Russ vs Rob if other people are involved? They'd have too be complete followers and do as Russ/Rob say for it to be truly Russ vs Rob, which just sounds stupid.

Either they've left the game as it is, which is fail since Rob and Russ will voted out before the merge...or they've changed the game drastically and hence won't even be Survivor anymore.

Can't stand Coach

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So it's just gonna be Suvivor Nicaragua 2? There has to be SOME kind of theme since it IS in Nicaragua again.

Lets stay focused on S21 for the time being... It hasnt even started yet. XD

Despite the fact that my hopes are down for S22, S21 is looking to be great! I like almost every castaway in some way or another except for Matthew, Ben, Holly, and Jane. I was going to add Wendy too, but after watching a few videos of her, she is quite a character! Should provide some good laughs this season.

To give you guys an idea of how crazy Wendy is... She stated in an interview that she is 90% sure that the "suprise" this season will include Russel and Parvati coming into the game after a while. She thinks Parvati will go on the young tribe and Russel will be on the old tribe... LOL

EDIT: Funniest Tribal Council reaction ever? I laughed for about a minute straight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lID6kr6x0_E

Sariku

Smash Master
But season 22 is more interesting >_>
I don't like Wendy. She's annoying, not interesting, and. Meh.
Give me Shambo.
It's a shame Wendy goes first, huh? x]

And I loveeeee Survivor China<3
One of the best seasons, period.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
WOOOOOOW THANKS FOR SPOILING ME I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING ABOUT S22!!! :( :( :(

On the other hand, I must be amazing because I predicted that person would be the very first boot... I'm legit.

I still hate you though, Sariku. :mad:

Mota

Maybe we should label what the spoilers are lol.

I doubt Russ and Parv will join in again, that's be 4 Russ seasons in a row lol.

HAHAHA who goes into Survivor under the name 'Chicken', that was too good though, shame he was the 1st to get voted off.

Sariku

Smash Master
If this wasn't a spoiler thread, I'd feel bad, |:
Do you not want... spoilers for the season? I have a bunch more that aren't boot related, and won't ruin the season, like the fact
LaFlor and Espada enter the merge 6-2, with four males and four females total. And there are two quitters in the season, back to back, and this happens post-merge.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
All spoilers are fine as long as they are properly hidden.

And I don't mind being spoiled... AS LONG AS IT ISNT A BOOTLIST! :mad:

Actually I don't want to know anything about people getting voted out. I always like to go into an episode not knowing who's gonna go, which tribe will win immunity, etc.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^^^

Please put that in spoiler tags... Thank you.

And the rumor is indeed true, whether you like the idea or not. I personally hate it.

Mota

Haters gonna hate.

But seriously, hate :mad:

Total drama island/action/whatever is pretty entertaining.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah I'm gonna hate. I'll hate any season that hosts someone for the 3rd time out of 4 seasons.

ANYWAYS, I have a huge Brenda fetish at the moment. She's the perfect combination of cute and sexy. Pleaseeee Survivor gods let her make it to the merge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihkQdizH0I

EDIT: So is Jeff Probst not going to do a cast assessment? He's been doing it since S17 I think... Why stop now? I always enjoy the cast assessments. :(

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Honestly I'm starting to question if she'll be on the same strategic level as Parvati, Amanda, etc.

But boy does she look good... lol

Return

Smash Apprentice
if by strategic level you mean flirting, probably.
if by strategic level you mean social game, idols, and winning challenges, probably not.

Mota

She does seem somewhat ditzy but still cute and bubbly.

Survivor need some new challenges, not that big of a deal but there was a bit of recycling in the last season

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't like Brenda, lol. Strangely, not many of the female characters hit me as interesting, except like, Jill. I like Jill. And Jud. And Marty. And Dan. x]

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm the opposite. I find just about all of the "young" females interesting in some way or another.

Besides the crappy, cocky as **** males on the La Flor tribe, I think this is a fantastic cast.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
HERE'S TO A GREAT SEASON GUYS!!! :)

@Sariku and Hippo: I know you two are Sucks regulars so please refrain from spoiling any boots w/o the use of spoiler tags! Muchas gracias.

<3 you all

Top Bottom