• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tally Thread (FSU, FAMU, TCC, Leon County)

Ruse

Fox
To prevent further strife on this thread, ill keep my opinions to myself.l Regardless, some new developments are going down with the Tallahassee Smash scene, although it may seem that i was down and out, its not true. Im currently working on a NFL powerrankings, as well as situating the next tournament that is gonna go down fairly soon. Also, im planning on going to gigs in March and im currently working on my second combo video. oh and playing tasunoko vs capcom and SF4, both of which will be making an apperance at the the newly christened PHF (Panhandle Fighting Fest)
Your tourneys are going to last for like 48 hours.

We need a Mario Party tourney. Now.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Yes ruse, but my tourney's are going to be awesomely epic, especially with the new venue we just picked up! i hope you're all looking forward to the next tournament!

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Since Im too lazy to check.....

Whens the next tally tourney gonna happen?

and also, does a nice,awesome, new venue = billion dollar door fee?

@Lizard: to get around olimar with ness (im assuming you meant ness) you need to Fair a lot and Nair when you have them vegetables on you. Also, short hop Dair works great too since olimar will prolly try to grab/Fsmash/Dsmash you and he easily gets punished. Also, if olimar Usmashes, im pretty sure Ness's little foot kills the pikmin or cancels it or something. except if its purple. Masky would **** my olimar with his ness all the time. then again, my oli is trash :(

Also, we need to get some crew battles again. they were too close and fun. $10 this time?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
no, its gonna be the same door fee as usual Lio, but i promise you this venue is amazing. as for a date were looking at doing it either the 4th or 11th of april, whicever one more people are available for, i.e no tournaments.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
$5 is weak and settles nothing.

you guys should cinnamon mooney match. loser eats a spoonful of cinnamon and the beef is over.
I've done that its crazy everyone should do it once in their lifetime.. this is no joke people... try to eat a spoon of cinnamon....

Ruse

Fox
Don't you dare make your next tourney on the date of WHOBO.

I'm like, 50/50 going to that shiz, and 100/0 going to the next Tally tourney if it's in April.

Ruse

Fox
Oh, and MSAS only placed third at that PCola tourney because he plays a weird character that no one had ever fought before.

Now he just gets stomped.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I've been told that my ZSS is better than his, but w/e that kid is crazy. He says CO18 is scared of him and he won 1500 dollars for winning round 1 of the gamestop SFIV tourney. hmmm i can see why Ruse is skeptical.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why we go from one door fee to the next, sigh. If this gym doesn't work out super spectacularly at the next tourny, I vote we consider Ballistic's offer to host at his clubhouse for free (assuming that's still open). I recall before the brawl scene many fun practices and tournies were had there. It brought the community together and everyone loved it.

About MSAS, today I heard he didn't actually win 15grand, but a chance to win 15grand. Is this truth?

Ruse

Fox
I've been told that my ZSS is better than his, but w/e that kid is crazy. He says CO18 is scared of him and he won 1500 dollars for winning round 1 of the gamestop SFIV tourney. hmmm i can see why Ruse is skeptical.
I wouldn't be surprised.

CO18 probably doesn't even know who he is.

I'm not skeptical. I'm sure.

Like, seriously, it cannot be denied that he lost to both Manko and I. That's no mere speculation, it's fact. Don't s*** talk when you get stomped.

About MSAS, today I heard he didn't actually win 15grand, but a chance to win 15grand. Is this truth?
Yes.

Someone from PCola is in the same boat as him.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Look the prize for the gamestop tourney is an arcade machine, there is no cash prize, its justan arcade machine and entrance into EVO, besides im sure i can beat him, i challenge him to a Cammy ditto $5 money match. and KBM, i dont' care if MSAS is on your team, people don't sandbag as link at GIGS just because they're not doing pools.

KBM

Smash Ace
drew shut the hellllllllll up, your zss is NOT better than his, i dont know who told you that, but i beat your zss with my peach like 3 times in a row and he beat my main with his zss 2 out of 3 in tourney. LS 3 stocked your zss and he went even with Blake at the brawlfest. "besides i'm sure i can beat him" at street fighter? L M F A O.

MSAS has beaten CO18, you can ask the man yourself, I was right there when they were talking to eachother at GIGs. Ruse, MSAS placed higher than you in two consecutive tournaments, so your "that no one had ever fought before" johns are complete ****. You beat him once. Skip diddly dee for you. He was using Ike against Manko by the way. His Ike sucks.

I am seriously looking forward to this tally vs. pcola crew battle now.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
KBM have you even seen me play SFIV? im pretty confident in my skillz, and you haven't even seen MSAS play SFIV. I can say that im confident i can beat him, because im confident in my street fighter skillz, you can't say that cause you haven't seen either of our playstyles or anything like that. When did LS three stock my ZSS, when i was first picking her up???? Sounds about right. I don't know where all cockiness came from, but your forgetting about where this all started. Pay respect to your previous opponents and all the players that have helped you get this far, not drag them in the dust just because you've gotten the upper hand lately. And i know he's your "crewmate" but when there's bull**** in the air, you gotta call it out, i'd do it on my crewmates in a heart beat, not defend them blindly. Sure show your support but don't go start attacking people for him. How long have you even known the guy?

You gotta respect every player you meet, because each one teaches you something different, and have helped build you up to the player you've become today. Or did all the help and support from Fluxxed UP!, DBS, Myself, did that not count for anything? where's the honor in that?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
man msas is really popular...y doesnt everyone drop it and see who is better come saturday..remember we all rep Fl!

soma is right

**if i could DI, i would totally be all up in this like a......**

KBM

Smash Ace
Woah Woah Hold The Phone

EXCUSE ME DREW?!

Where the hell is the RESPECT in what you just said Drew?! Where's the "honor in that"?! That post alone was an absolute **** move on your part. How would you feel if I came in here saying that my luigi is better than Nick's or my ROB is better than Dedw8's or my Kirby is better than Mike's? That would be absolute ****, and I would never say something like that.

For fukc's sake dude, even if it were true, seriously uncool.

From what I hear you got scrubbed in the SFIV tourney, and Blake placed first. That's like telling some random guy that you could beat M2K just because he's never seen the two of you play. There's obviously a difference in skill. I can't say that you're bad but signs point to him being better.

KBM

Smash Ace
And I see you edited your post, I'm not defending him blindly, are you even reading my posts? My defense of this guy is based on his actual performance in tournament and my own personal experience playing the guy.

It's not blind defense when I say his ZSS is better because I've played both yours and his. Sorry, but it's your secondary and his main, you may not like it, but his is better.

Ruse

Fox
drew shut the hellllllllll up, your zss is NOT better than his, i dont know who told you that, but i beat your zss with my peach like 3 times in a row and he beat my main with his zss 2 out of 3 in tourney. LS 3 stocked your zss and he went even with Blake at the brawlfest. "besides i'm sure i can beat him" at street fighter? L M F A O.

MSAS has beaten CO18, you can ask the man yourself, I was right there when they were talking to eachother at GIGs. Ruse, MSAS placed higher than you in two consecutive tournaments, so your "that no one had ever fought before" johns are complete ****. You beat him once. Skip diddly dee for you. He was using Ike against Manko by the way. His Ike sucks.

I am seriously looking forward to this tally vs. pcola crew battle now.
He did not go Ike against Manko. He went ZSS both times, and got two stocked both times. I'm pretty sure there are some witnesses besides myself and Manko.

He went Ike ONE MATCH against me in our MM. Then ZSS. Then I beat him AGAIN in tourney.

I think that the most recent tourney matters more than two previous ones, in which I didn't even get to fight him. I got bracket f***ed both of those, so.

MSAS is such a p**** that he lies about what character he went, haha. Maybe he should stick to SF4. Noob.

Edit: Why the f*** is Tally so divided? I may not love all of Florida, but I love every serious PCola player (no homo). We rag on each other jokingly and actually try to help each other out, not further divide our town into crews and bicker about stupid s*** like some scrub a** ZSS.

Masky

Smash Master
****... tally needs to chill out, why do you guys argue so much? :(

ps you guys need to host another tournament!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
EXCUSE ME DREW?!

Where the hell is the RESPECT in what you just said Drew?! Where's the "honor in that"?! That post alone was an absolute **** move on your part. How would you feel if I came in here saying that my luigi is better than Nick's or my ROB is better than Dedw8's or my Kirby is better than Mike's? That would be absolute ****, and I would never say something like that.

For fukc's sake dude, even if it were true, seriously uncool.

From what I hear you got scrubbed in the SFIV tourney, and Blake placed first. That's like telling some random guy that you could beat M2K just because he's never seen the two of you play. There's obviously a difference in skill. I can't say that you're bad but signs point to him being better.
Ok first off, all i said was that somebody told me my ZSS was better, i never said that was truth, nor a lie, i've never dittoed so i have no ****ing clue hence the w/e. so read my post before you attack me. and yes i did lose the SFIV tournament, how many times have you placed lower in a tourney, and known that you should have placed higher. I know i could've won, i know i was playing stupid, and i accept that. but don't attack me on something you don't know.

KBM

Smash Ace
so it's okay when Drew says that he "could've done better" but when Blake says he was sandbagging, it's automatically BS?

that doesn't sound fair.

but i obviously can't convince you guys, I really don't care what you say anymore. I've seen all of you play and I know who's better.

Hiya Masky. Cuz we're dumb.

Ruse

Fox
KBM just stfu :p.

You lose. MSAS cannot be better than me, since he lost to me twice. He's also not better than Manko, since he lost to Manko, using ZSS, fair and square.

HolyChef could **** MSAS, and if you want proof, I bet he'd MM him at the next tourney they both attend.

All I'm trying to say is that PCola > MSAS.

Edit:

Skaterbaj (11:18:26 PM): All I'm trying to say is that PCola > MSAS.
Skaterbaj (11:18:35 PM): rofl
OSWEETEXTINCTION (11:18:39 PM): SERIOUSLY.
OSWEETEXTINCTION (11:18:43 PM): I bet you might even be able to beat him,.
Skaterbaj (11:19:08 PM): i 1 stocked in like
Skaterbaj (11:19:14 PM): december
OSWEETEXTINCTION (11:19:14 PM): ?
OSWEETEXTINCTION (11:19:20 PM): You 1 stocked him?
Skaterbaj (11:19:26 PM): word

KBM

Smash Ace
lol, I lose to scrubs too occasionally, that doesn't make them better than me. Azen lost to Antizzle at CoT4, but Azen has a much better track record and probably wouldn't lose again... Azen is better than Anti.

By your logic, Antizzle would be better than Azen which is just stupid. I mean come on dude, you beat him once. DBS beat Gmoney once, I beat HRNut twice, and I beat DBS plenty of times, but you ask me any day of the week and I'll tell you that HRNut and DBS are both better players than me.

If I went around in the power rankings thread saying I was better than HRNut because I beat him in one tournament, they'd laugh at me until I cried. Seriously.

Ruse

Fox
LS's logic is that he three stocked me 2850298 years ago, so he's better than me. Your logic is that MSAS is better than me because you said so. You don't have authority over who's better, idiot.

My logic that I beat MSAS twice, fair and square, and so did Manko, isn't great, no, but it's better than the argument you two baboons are putting up.

KBM

Smash Ace
He's better than you because I've seen both of you play, and I've seen your rankings. He actually beat me in tourny, and I don't recall ever playing you, but based on the people you lose to, I could guess who would win between you and I.

Like I said, you think you're better because you beat him twice. If i said I was better than HRNut for that exact reason, I would be the target of ridicule for every good player in Florida. It's just not a viable argument.

Ruse

Fox
He's better than you because I've seen both of you play, and I've seen your rankings. He actually beat me in tourny, and I don't recall ever playing you, but based on the people you lose to, I could guess who would win between you and I.

Like I said, you think you're better because you beat him twice. If i said I was better than HRNut for that exact reason, I would be the target of ridicule for every good player in Florida. It's just not a viable argument.
Your opinion means s*** to me. The only people who could say "You're better/worse than MSAS" in the Tally area that I'd listen to are GMoney (not actually Tally, but active there), DBS, and Chess.

I've placed top3 at PCola Tourneys, too (2nd twice). They're not huge or anything (yet!) and don't mean too much. What are his other rankings that are so impressive besides 3rd at one PCola tourney, hmm?

HolyChef

Smash Ace
I'm The God**** Batman

y so serious?

Ruse wasn't even talking **** about MSAS in the first place. He was just commenting on how MSAS isn't as good in Brawl as he is in SF4, which was after the reference to MSAS winning $15000, from what has believe has been misunderstood. Fact is that you really don't see MSAS winning all that money for playing Brawl. So Ruse wasn't trying to put down his Brawl skills in any way.

Ruse is better than MSAS and Ruse beating him twice in the last tourney, one MM and one tourney match, proves it.

LS, don't ever use Inui Logic.

You guys shouldn't even be arguing in the first place. Especially about MSAS, lol.

Oh yeah, fact is MSAS DOES talk alot of ****. I was trying to talk to him about how I've played Snakeee in tournament in NJ. All MSAS would say is that Snakeee sucks and he can beat him anyday.Also MSAS was proud of playing with Holynightmare..online lol. Also at the last tourney MSAS was talking **** about R.O.B. and then lost to two R.O.B. players shortly after. He's cool and nice but the fact is that he talks ALOT of ****.

Fact, Ruse is aboard the Lee Martin Meatride Express. Fact,you should leave me out of arguments. :)

Fact, Drew did change the Wobbling rule in the middle of the tournament after posting that it was allowed.

You all should just Cinnamon Mooney match and be over with it. LS vs Ruse. KBM vs Ruse, granted Ruse isnt throwing up cinnamon. KBM vs Drew? JSSN not playing anyone and just showing us that he can do the cinnamon challenge?

Also, I want to Melee Cinnamon Mooney Match KBM. Accept?:chuckle:

edit.

Another fact is that Ruse has posted over 40 times today lol.

Ruse

Fox
I was just saying you could beat MSAS, and I know that you know that you can, so I don't see why you wouldn't mind MMing him.

Lee Martin is better than Florida. I'm not trying to lick on his nuts, it's just a fact.

Masky

Smash Master
I'll cinnamon money match anyone... and I'm allergic to cinnamon.

Fact, Drew did change the Wobbling rule in the middle of the tournament after posting that it was allowed.
****, that's not cool

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Lol, guys let's all chill. I love playing all of you, but sometimes you guys care too much about some stuff. :ohwell:

I still remember when Drew changed that rule. Fond memories of frequently messed up stage lists in the past make me think he just copies, pastes, and never reads the rules lol. It's ok, we're all lazy sometimes (or in my case, all the time haha):p

Ruse

Fox
Banning Wobbling is stupid.

That's like banning IC's chain grab in Brawl... makes them 192819 times s***tier.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Playing against ice climbers allowed to do their thing makes you better at the game. I know I had to learn some pretty hard 'dont get grabbed' lessons against this guy Zack's icies a while back. The execution of the move is simple, but pulling it off against an intelligent player is not, so people shouldn't ***** about it. But as with anything, someone will find a reason to *****. :p

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Holy i apologize about the wobbling rule, i wasn't to sure about it at the tournament, you keep bringing it up, but i didn't intentionally change the rule to screw anyone over, i seriously thought that was the rule considering i just copy and pasted SBR's rules. Really i apologize, i was really frustrated that day with running the tourney making it run smoothly, it really is a tough job, but hey no johns.

KBM just chill, my only beef with MSAS is that he brags way to much and i can't stand people who do that, and the fact that you're sitting there fueling his fire annoys me, Hav eyou seen is All is brawl page? I can understand being proud of your skills but come on, not to mention all the **** he was talking at Gigs. I don't know where this attitude came from that you're talking **** about other players either, Ruse has never had a problem with you sans on the topic of MSAS and you attack him like he insulted your mother. Just because you beat one person doesn't mean you can beat the other, it comes down to matchups man, Brawl is a giant game of Rock paper scissors, Let me put it to you this way, Nick can beat Groceries, and i have trouble with Groc, but that doesn't mean i can't beat Nick, cause i can beat Nick. Logic = 10flaws.

And the difference with me and MSAS is that when i was at the SFIV tourney, i played with my best foot forward and went in with my best character, played my hardest and i lost because i played stupid and ill admit that. MSAS intentionally sandbagged, got cocky and knocked out and wants to John about it. thats the difference, not attacking any one.

Top Bottom