• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Talking about SF4? There's only one thing to talk about in SF4.

It's called Habanero Dash. And it's amazing.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Double posting because the site crashed as I moved posts to this thread so they weren't recognised. Hopefully they will be after this.

edit: DM sporting that sexy purple YES

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Just got back from a tourney for the second time in two weeks.

9th of 27 isn't that bad. I'm so mad that I didn't get top 8 though. :(

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Updated tournament results. I'll make some updates to the video archive as well.

Edit: Nvm I just saw that the doubles archive starts right below singles.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I enjoyed those matches :) I thought you made good reads, notably on the second match! I especially liked the moment around 1:35. I find MK pressure soooo hard to deal with. I guess someone more qualified for this will add something!

edit: actually I REALLY enjoyed your zelda. Good job!

Vinnie

Smash Master
I enjoyed those matches :) I thought you made good reads, notably on the second match! I especially liked the moment around 1:35. I find MK pressure soooo hard to deal with. I guess someone more qualified for this will add something!

edit: actually I REALLY enjoyed your zelda. Good job!
Thanks! I truly believe that Zelda is a really underrated character and has a lot of potential.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Regardless of that just keep concentrating on getting some super sexy reads and you'll do decent! I'm stealing some of your empty SH tricks btw lol. I'm no good at learning this way but I thought they were sexy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If Chaos Marth is indeed a Marth main then he needs to stick to playing Marth lol.

Your Zelda was pretty solid though but there is no reason you should be beating MK on RC with Zelda.

Vinnie

Smash Master
What about RC makes it the best stage for you as Zelda?
I like RC in general, since I used to be a gnw main.

However the fun drop-through-uair-oos kills so early, and once you learn how to take advantage of the stage, it's truly a great stage for her.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I like RC in general, since I used to be a gnw main.

However the fun drop-through-uair-oos kills so early, and once you learn how to take advantage of the stage, it's truly a great stage for her.
A good stage with you mentioning all the points, yes. A great Stage for Zelda to go to, no. The stuff you pointed out is good cause the stage gets smaller as the circle goes, but the same applies to the opponent against you. But I'm sure you already knew the risks. :p

Vinnie

Smash Master
IDK I'm very comfortable with the stage and it lets me have more creative DF camping... especially the entire left side of the stage. Also, in some instances you have like 4-5 options for recovering.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I ban Brinstar, because I found that I was more efficient on RC than Brinstar... would I ever counter pick someone TO RC? Probably not, but it is certainly not a death wish if you know what you are doing.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Rainbow Cruise is a great Zelda stage against people who don't like gimping you.

Too bad everyone gimps. Har har.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I used to counterpick gimmicky stages constantly (Norfair was my favorite) but they kept banning them, so I gave up and just pick FD now.

I know Battlefield is her "best" (LM doesn't count since, well, it was banned in my region shortly after brawl came out), but FD limits approaches and gives her room to run away and harass with dins.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I like FD over BF for a lot of matchups too..... but I'd argue that BF limits approaches more because of the platform protection.

But against characters like Snake, Marth, and Luigi who have ridiculous platform games, I'd much rather go to FD or SV.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Oh, anytime I can face someone and camp under those juicy platforms, I will do that. Funny, I didn't use to use FD and people were constantly banning it when I played them. It just took awhile to realize how well she does on there (except the ledges... stay away...).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think I've ever had anybody not ban FD against me -- because of Pikachu. :(

If any of you ever face me in tourney, pleaaaaase ban something else! I'll probably still lose (I haven't gone to third match in offline singles in over a year..... always 0-2 or 2-0), AND you'll make me happy. =D

Not gonna lie, though, Vinnie makes RC sound a bit appealing.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I can guarantee I won't ban FD if I face you. That's where the Pikachu I faced in tourney took me, and it was not a hard fight (just pecking me over and over and over...)

Bandit

Smash Lord
Here are some doubles friendlies from a brawl + tournament. These are Vbrawl doubles friendlies, none of the players typically partner with one another but we did some cool stuff here and there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70U3TU40I-k
At the end of this one I show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42XMrX5KQc&feature=sub
I am in both of these ones.
Do you have any videos of your Zelda+?

Actually, does anyone have Brawl+ 6.0 videos of Zelda? That are not WiFi?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Do you have any videos of your Zelda+?

Actually, does anyone have Brawl+ 6.0 videos of Zelda? That are not WiFi?
I def saved some when I went to a recent +tournament, but it's up to whoevers wii that was to get them up if they want to.

I'll get some up myself eventually if I have to lol.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I ask because the only videos are of me. I know you play, even if sparingly, so any videos from other good players are welcomed.

Other than you, Ryoko is the only one who might have some, but he hasn't really been to any tournaments for a long time (he didn't enter at Pound).

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Edit for Format!

DNA #4/Worcester Mass/March 13th
4th out of 16 teams.
PchKid = Peach
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268798

4th in doubles. Lost to Darc and Dazwa (Meta and Wario) and then again later on...

Did HORRIBLE in LT singles. But I blame Fatal for that!!! He kept using his Up B when he meant to side B to recover, and killed me 4 or 5 times... but we still got 3rd. Hopefully I will do better next time since I took it kinda hard since I love doubles and I main a LT........ *sigh*

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Good job Riot ;D (but I think you should respect the result posting format ._. Poor DM ~)
Hum btw, why didn't you attend brawl singles =o ?

Top Bottom