• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Did HORRIBLE in LT singles. But I blame Fatal for that!!! He kept using his Up B when he meant to side B to recover, and killed me 4 or 5 times... but we still got 3rd. Hopefully I will do better next time since I took it kinda hard since I love doubles and I main a LT........ *sigh*
No johns. Seriously.

That being said, good job on getting 4th.

Hum btw, why didn't you attend brawl singles =o ?
The same reason why a lot of Zelda players don't play singles. They don't win.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Good job Riot ;D (but I think you should respect the result posting format ._. Poor DM ~)
Hum btw, why didn't you attend brawl singles =o ?
I fixed it lol. Sorry I completely forgot about that.

I was planning on entering singles if NY/Nj showed up again, but they didn't this time. If I am going to enter singles I like to fight new people because it is more interesting than the same old New Englanders. I also forgot about how incredibly nervous singles makes me. O_O

Bandit

Smash Lord
I'm not submitting these to be posted, but I figured I'd share.

I played my first Melee tournament this weekend. I held my own fairly well in teams (I thought) and I have videos of all my matches. I'll post them up for you guys to see.

Thunderhorse (Falco, Marth) & I (Zelda & 30 secs of Sheik) got 3rd
out of 3 teams XD

In Brawl+, Thunderhorse (Falco) and I (Zelda) did much better getting 2nd out of 3 teams (it was a really small tournament). We beat Bionic Sonic (G&W) and Count Kaiser (G&W) 2-0, then lost 2-1 to JCaesar (Rob & Wolf) and Waffle (Luigi & DK). Then lost "grand finals" to JCaesar and Waffle 3-0. Those videos are coming soon.

In singles, I got 5th out of 8. I was one tiny mistake away from my "break-out." I beat Vist (Luigi & Captain Falcon) 2-0 in the opening round which was a huge upset considering my past history vs him. I then lost 0-2 to Guy (Diddy) even when I took him to Rainbow Cruise. I had to face Waffle (DK & ZSS) who I have never beaten in tournament but train with frequently. I won game 1 vs his DK, lost game 2 vs his ZSS, and lost game 3 to his DK on Brinstar. I took him to my vBrawl counterpick to try and get him to not pick ZSS (so hard to deal with). I had him at 180% (yes... I know, I was dins camping him hard) and I was at 70 last stock. I whiffed an Usmash as he rolled away and Fsmashed me. Perfect DI to the corner... and I died... from the other side of Brinstar.

I was absolutely devastated. I would've had to face my partner if I had won, and I run even with him, so I was in a position to get top 3. I have all the videos for them coming soon as well.

Oh well, next tournament will be bigger, and I won't be facing my crew as much (6 of the 8 entrants were my crew).

Again, this was just me sharing. I'd rather these not be recorded in the OP or anything as it was much too small.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Forgot to post these for critique and stuff.
These are just some vids that I got HSS to upload for me :)

These are also all friendly matches btw. Some offline, some online

VS :sonic: (Both offline)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlXnTaaQYt0&feature=PlayList&p=84FC97F575156840&index=8 - I only like this one because of the last kill haha
This stage isn't good for Sonic I guess.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_ZvsIBpa8&feature=PlayList&p=84FC97F575156840&index=7 - Meh, decent match. Don't mind the SD >__<

These are my most recent vids. I did ok considering how little I actually use Zelda nowadays.

VS :ike: (Offline)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQ5cv6wcwM&feature=PlayList&p=84FC97F575156840&index=2 - This was over a year ago .__.

VS :zeldspazz: >:D (Online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuSn_Oulcc&feature=PlayList&p=84FC97F575156840&index=6 - lol Zelda dittos. This was awhile ago though.

VS :link2: (Online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl0EdhiSSOA&feature=PlayList&p=84FC97F575156840&index=0 - Regular match with an old friend. I wanted the last kill so bad and ****ed up lololol

These are all the vids I have vs people that I remember.
Only thing I noticed after watching these is that the second my opponent reaches the triple digits I go for the LK hahaha
It just happens I swear, and it costs me solid leads in the end lol

EDIT: Oh do you want me to put it in the right format?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Oh I saw the light....His name is Falco. :X

But naw in all seriousness, I've been getting read by just about everyone while I'm Zelda so I don't think I'll be producing more Zelda Results anytime soon. D:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
GreyFox can you specify what is the regular vs the redemption part of the tournament? Were they just separate singles events held at the same tournament? Why was one smaller than the other?

Smash Apprentice
GreyFox can you specify what is the regular vs the redemption part of the tournament? Were they just separate singles events held at the same tournament? Why was one smaller than the other?
Looking at the number of entries (21 and 13) and the word "redemption," I'd guess that it takes in everyone who didn't make it into the top 8.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Regular is just that.

Redemption is just the players who didn't make top 8 playing in a free tourney to get their money back.

Nothing that special really but I just wanted to put it up cause it still is, under technicality, a tourney.

I still can't break the top 8 barrier to be in it. :(

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Watch the Dins use at mid to close range. In fact being more conservative with Din's in general would be better against Snake.

Don't spot dodge against or roll into Snake especially as a defensive reflex. It's not safe and this was a big part of why Snake was able to catch up.

When Snake is coming down from a high up b, don't get impatient. Wait on him and bait him into doing something before you swing at him.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks for the input DM. Sometimes I have a habit of getting impatient and it leads me into bad, simple mistakes. When I had that lead I felt like I could've just poured it on. The din's at close range were definitely bad.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Don't airdodge into Snake when he's standing near the ledge. Not Zelda specific advice, but it bears repeating.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Scary, you're really good at getting dtilts in, I'm jealous!

Your Zelda's pretty tricky, it's fun to watch, you need to put more vids up :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah Ed I really enjoyed that match! When you took his 2nd stock off I thought you were going to jump off and kill yourself! I was going NOOOOOOOO! (and then you teleported back gdgd).

By any chance do you have any matches against Kyon at all?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Truthfully, I wasn't paying attention so when I turned around I was like "O S***" and had to save myself lol!

As far as Kyon, I tried and bug him but he hasn't gotten back to me. Would you like to try? Ban for no Vid! :chuckle:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Well that isn't nice. I don't have the dazzle cause dttor has been uploading for south florida. However I see him today. I'll give him the vids today so you can show your zelda's what happens when peach plays dumb and doesn't spam turnips enough XD I shall play more smarter next time and I won't have a skin cutting controller ether. You going to gains right? And with all that said you know I think your nasty and good. I just felt I should have done way better than I did. Thanks to Co18 im learning to actually sit and spam lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
That doesn't sound to good lol. I had a ridiculous hard time with your spam before. And now it's worse?! No! Just no! So you actually followed through with what you said at VSA? I'll be at Gainsville so I'll get to play with ya some more. Always a pleasure and sorry for being so impatient lol.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
You said "I'm going to play soooo gy from here on out" in quite a disappointed/excited voice lol. Permission to curse Praxis? Lmao
I want to be different than other peach players. But one thing we all should have in common is turnip spam. Im going to get better with them which I been practicing lately. Don't curse Praxis XD its not his fault he is playing correctly. I hope to not play you in teams on sat.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alright, I got 5th at the Gainsville tourney. Still waiting for a results thread though.

In truth, I think I went a little more Zelda than Sheik because I needed so many kills lol.

Beat D_B_S (Snake) 2-0
Beat Ryo (Ike) 2-1
Beat Mampam (Diddy) 2-1
Lost GDX (Diddy) 2-1
Lost Kyon (Peach) 2-0

More details to come on Sheik/Zelda usage later.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
SBHMXIX was this past weekend.

5th out of 20 regular singles

2nd out of 19 low tier singles ($11.00)

I went ICs one set and MK one set but neither weren't very productive in the least. Everything else was all Zelda.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Next time you see Gallax, tell him he might place higher if he goes Pika instead of that bum *** Snake. >=(

Jkjk, just tell him I said hi.

And good job! To you and everybody else who posted results (too lazy to look back).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Congrats on finally getting it done, JuJux!

Looks nice. :) So glad you didn't overdo it with the special effects..... that's one of the worst mistakes people commonly make with their first combo vid.

& I like the music.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I LOVED it! You kinda do nairs to bairs lots o.O which is the cool. I don't remember the exact time but I liked the bit against sheik where you were sort of dancing around her doing stuff (among others of course lol)

Combo videos are wonderful I think everyone should get to making them GO!

Top Bottom