• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278280
DNA Gaming USA #6. Worcester MA. 6/19/2010

9th out of 33 in singles (they had pools!)
Lost to TeeVee R.O.B + Meta (Beat his meta and was so close to beating his ROB I need help in this matchup anyone got the XP to give me some tips?)
Lost to Pelca Falco.

4th out of 12 teams in doubles. Teamed with PchKid (Peach)
Lost to Bizkit and Fatal
Lost to Koolaid and Dazwa

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have ROB experience from Chibo, but only in friendlies, so. Meh. He doesn't seem that bad (his favor but not anything outrageous)...... ftilt is pretty ridiculous sometimes, though. -_-

Hope you didn't get gimped. DI away > fastfall (sometimes I airdodge, sometimes I don't) > FW if he's fair spamming you off-stage.

Nice results as usual!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Hey I am more than open for suggestions on the ROB matchup, just send me a PM or we can discuss it in a new matchup topic once these current ones are gone. That pile of scrap metal just confuses me so, and my experience in the matchup is somewhat lacking lol!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay! Chibo's coming to our crew's practice tonight if he can get a ride...... I'll ask him for some seriouslies and get them recorded if we play.

Or maybe just mm him for a dollar or two since with only 2 TVs, it can be hard to play exactly who we want sometimes. -____-

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh wow, I just noticed you added my vid, Bobby. I appreciate it.

Though, my playstyle keeps changing (yet I still do many of the same things) but I keep trying new things out at the same time so a 2-month old video of mine feels like it's been 2 years old. Next time I post vids, I want to post some good offline matches of both wins and losses. Until then, I guess the one that's up will do xD Besides, it's good to keep up on how your character progresses over time, hm?

BTW I mentioned this before, but I feel like Scary and Auree deserve more credit. They have been amazing with Zelda lately =D

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well done Riot! Any vids at all?

Hai Mocha :) Also I saw Auree's post on aib. Well done to his win as well.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well done Riot! Any vids at all?

Hai Mocha :) Also I saw Auree's post on aib. Well done to his win as well.
If you wanna count getting first in a tourney with only 5 pools of 4, 8 remaining players, and single elim then yeah by all means.

Not saying Auree doesn't deserve the win but it just doesn't sit well with me looking at that bracket. IMO

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
ROB is strange, he doesn't have an overwhelming advantage but he definitely has a nice advantage when he gets the lead. More or less you have to rush him down a lot. When you force him to use his UpB, you need to harass the living **** out of him but I'm sure you knew that.

Some ROBs will try and cross you over with his Bair and then try another attack. If he spaces it bad at all, let him have it OOS style. He'll change his mind real quick. He shouldn't kill you with Nair because it takes so long to come out. Fair gimps around low to mid damages can happen so try and avoid those.

I'll add more later. I would've did this earlier but I was dead after work lol; I'll get to it when I have the energy =D

EDIT: and now I have the energy lol.

All ROBs will space a Zelda with Dtilt and Ftilt. Though they don't rack well alone, they are so annoying to Zelda. They really are!

Gyro and lasers aren't really a problem to Zelda thanks to her reflector but at the same time they shouldn't be shooting it at you blindly. If it's an auto-pilot ROB than take full advantage and stuff it in his face but if they aren't, always be wary of these projectiles just because they will mess you up.

If you get knock into the air, get down ASAP, more than likely ROB will rack most of his damage here if he can gain this position. Just don't let this happen. Our sour Dair can beat his Uair if timed right so that can help.

His Fsmash can beat our aerial approaches but 9/10 times, a ROB will not use this option, but I would avoid aerial approaches at kill percentages.

When you land Dtilt, take full advantage of him, especially if he trips. His get up roll is terribad and any sort of get up is telegraphed, let him have the hurt for sure.

Honestly, if you play this carefully, you should be having an average life in the 150s. He can't kill that well if you are safe and DI well. You can certainly murder him though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhhh, so it looks like Scary got dis, lol! There's not much more to say really.

Don't let him get the lead. You'll regret it if he decides to play super defensive/campy.

& his ftilt annoys me more than Snake's tbh. -_________-

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Okay! Chibo's coming to our crew's practice tonight if he can get a ride...... I'll ask him for some seriouslies and get them recorded if we play.

Or maybe just mm him for a dollar or two since with only 2 TVs, it can be hard to play exactly who we want sometimes. -____-
upload some of the rob v zelda we did that i saved :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You only saved one, namesearcher!

I'll upload it, don't worry. Right next to the two of Pika whoopin dat ROB's ***.

He did give Zelda the business, though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I looked at the first one (Didn't see the others yet) but I notice you use fair and bair a bit too much.

And you were attacking him when he had invincibility frames.

._.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its not that you LK too much, just that first match in general it seemed like you went on a LK rage during both of lucario's first stocks when he got to around 70-80%.

um the second match i noticed alot of times if you whiffed a LK you would Nayru's. i suggest not doing it for every whiffed LK.

against D3, i saw aggression near the last stock, but nothing else i can point out.

idk how to function on brinstar, sorry.

AL i do like your usage of Nayru's

-Mars-

Smash Hero

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Me and my partner Trumptight took 2nd out of 25 in a local doubles tourney today. Coming to the realization that I still need a lot of work in doubles lol. Meh.....

The Play N Trade still has somewhat unconventional rules but they are getting much better.

Double Elim, Bo3, CPs and whatnot but in losers it's Bo1 since they are running the tourney sooooo late lol.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ohaidere Zelda's. Anyone mind taking a look at these vids? I'd like to know some things I did wrong, and what I could have done differently in the matchups to win them.

vs SpiritX (Snake) 1
vs SpiritX (Snake) 2 <-- Some Sheik at the end out of desperation x___x
vs SpiritX (Snake) 3
vs Kola (Marth) 1
vs Kola (Marth) 2
Snake:
1st match there were lots of sourspot Bair>nayru's. i guess it functions on wifi but off its never good to do it that much.

Don't. Teleport. To. The. Ground. you did this alot, even somethimes when you don't have to....... eventually he started punishing you for it.

Nayru's OoS isn't ever really that good, there are better options.

you need to work on approaching Snake a bit cause the 2nd-3rd match he started to seriously camp you making it more difficult for you than the first match.

pictochat: why did you leave the whale miss honey!? D: that was like a godsend spot for Din's spam.

Martha:
idk much about Martha.....but Nayru's is a absolute no on him...unless your like kiss distance and even then i wouldn't use it. you got punished for almost it every time.

for his retreating Fair/Nair's i would have attempted more dashA OoS mixups.

hope this helps somewhat

Aibou

Smash Master
I'm not really sure what else to do after sourspotting a bair (which I do very often since I can't land a proper kick for **** )...

Everything is helpful, thanks Jiggly. Didn't realize how bad teleporting to the ground could be. My poor attempt at a mindgame x_x

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
learing to land proper kicks at least 60% is something we must work on together!! =D

but ya.... sometimes rolling away afterwards or shielding(can lead to OoS Bair) if you can is an option. if you don't DI far enough away after sourspotting the kick to be safe from retaliation.

ya teleporting to the ground.... its really bad....sometimes i was waiting for the punish when i saw the sexy poses start.....

Aibou

Smash Master
I avoid rolling if I can. Don't want to get into the habit of doing it too much and end up playing like a noob. Especially on wifi where rolling is nearly unpunishable...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
So long as your self aware of Zelda's options in every situation rolling can be useful and like JZ said it's better than challenging or trying to trade in most situations.

It also depends on the opponent and whether your shield is small or not, (in most cases I prefer to hold my shield and not touch a button) but ya don't be afraid to roll if you know it's safe.

One of the biggest flawed habits I see Zelda players (locally and back when I played online) is how much they try to shield grab everything that hits their shield. There's something to be said for holding your block and being patient.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Con tourney happened for 2 days.

Got 17th in Singles out of 55 but got 5th in doubles out of 22.

Meh, I really could have done better. I'll post the link to it soon.

Top Bottom