• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Point taken.
On deviant art people are saying they'd boycott the damn game if he was in it.

Then again, I don't think that means that Sakurai won't include him.

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It does.

Putting in a hated character is a very bad idea. Unless Tingle grows a much bigger fanbase. I doubt we will see him.

The only reason he wasn't in TP was because of western hate. That's why we got this guy.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I don't believe that's why he wasn't in TP. Because we got those two cross dressing weirdos that are worse than tingle. But he has a fanbase in the east, and a small one here, so whose to say.
Also with WWHD coming, and the almost undoubtably use of the gamepad as the tingle tuner he might gain some popularity. Lol

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tingle made a cameo in skyward sword, so I guess that's more hope for him.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
That game didn't sell very well.

What makes you think that?
Source?
And because he's essentially the yoshi of Mario, in terms of how he was spun off. Except yoshi is a lot more significant to mario than tingle is to Zelda. (just saying it before you do)

Speculator

Smash Ace
As an owner of a copy of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, I can confirm that he does indeed fight. The battle system is a little bit like For the Frog the Bell Tolls in the sense that contact with an enemy kicks up a cloud of dust and you don't take part in the battle directly. Tapping on the cloud with the stylus boosts Tingle's attack and helps him win. He can also hire bodyguards in the game which help him out with fighting.

EDIT: On him being disliked in the West, I think the love the Japanese have for him is more than enough to at least balance out his chances. The game is being developed in Japan after all, and characters like Lucas and Marth/Roy were included pretty much solely with the Japanese audience in mind.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
As an owner of a copy of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, I can confirm that he does indeed fight. The battle system is a little bit like For the Frog the Bell Tolls in the sense that contact with an enemy kicks up a cloud of dust and you don't take part in the battle directly. Tapping on the cloud with the stylus boosts Tingle's attack and helps him win. He can also hire bodyguards in the game which help him out with fighting.

EDIT: On him being disliked in the West, I think the love the Japanese have for him is more than enough to at least balance out his chances. The game is being developed in Japan after all, and characters like Lucas and Marth/Roy were included pretty much solely with the Japanese audience in mind.
I got the game today actually. It's pretty good. I think the contact/dust cloud thing could be his down b.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

While this is true, it's a bit different for Tingle considering he isn't really a main character and his games aren't amazingly popular. He's gonna have it rough any way you slice it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While this is true, it's a bit different for Tingle considering he isn't really a main character and his games aren't amazingly popular. He's gonna have it rough any way you slice it.
He'll be a Japan exclusive, more probably.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I agree he'll have a hard time. However, his games were pretty damn popular in Japan. He's not a main character in the main Zelda series but he is the only Zelda character to have been a main character for his own spin-off series. If there is going to be a Zelda newcomer in SSB4, I think he's a serious contender. Most of the other options are either more versions of Link or one-off appearances.

He'll be a Japan exclusive, more probably.

There's no way they would do region exclusive characters. Especially since the game will be playable online.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
His bizarre-ness seems out of place in a Zelda game. Honestly, even I don't dislike him really.

Speculator

Smash Ace
His bizarre-ness seems out of place in a Zelda game.
It's probably this. I think in Majora's Mask he was designed to be deliberately unsettling to go with the generally creepy theme of that game, and for some reason he really took off with Japanese audiences and was made more campy and lighthearted for his future appearances. I think the Tingle hate squad has cooled down considerably since then.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Just got around to it. Whipped it up kinda quickly. But itd work.
Tingle Moveset
Neutral B - Rupee Throw
Throws a rupee as a projectile. Has trajectory and can be charged to go further. Color is random, but only for decoration.*
B<> - Noggin Bonk
Brings down his abnormally shaped and sized head in front of him for an attack similar to Olimar's.
B^ - Tingle Balloon*
Blows up his signature red balloon, after it's blown he can jump 4 times and each time it gets deflated more.*
Bv - Plumet
Tingle dives downward with his head first.*
A - headbutt, kick, punch
A<> - Tingle Roll
Does a front flip. Damage is caused if touched, weird range because of his head.*
A^ - Rupee Scatter
Tosses a wave of rupees upward of various colors, press twice to do it again consecutively, waves may have different amounts of rupees, however this doesn't affect hit boxes.
Av - Whoops.*
Tingle falls over. Doesn't cause self harm, because self harm sucks. Damages anybody standing in the ground close to him, and knocks them on their butts.*
Grabs:*
A dust cloud appears as tingle is attacking an opponent that he has grabbed.*
If thrown, he'll roll backwards and throw them, with decent knockback, and throw rupees at them sort of like mewtwo does.*

Shield: Covers his eyes*
Taunt 1: Tingle, Tingle, Koolooh-Limpah!
Taunt 2: Makes the grin he does after throwing Rupees in the pond in FP:TRRL
Taunt 3: Tingle accidentally drops a rupee and ecstatically picks it back up.*
Entrance: Flies in by balloon.*
Weight: 1/5, same as Olimar
Height: 1/5, a tiny bit taller than Olimar
Speed: 3/5, a bit slower than Fox
Fall speed: Slightly floaty*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like the moveset.
I trying to imagine how his grounded downB would work. Maybe make it his down aerial?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I like the moveset.
I trying to imagine how his grounded downB would work. Maybe make it his down aerial?

Yeah, I was clueless when it came to aerials. But I also didn't know what to make his down b. Possibly pull out a bomb?

Speculator

Smash Ace
Just got around to it. Whipped it up kinda quickly. But itd work.
[COLLAPSE="Tingle Moveset"]Neutral B - Rupee Throw
Throws a rupee as a projectile. Has trajectory and can be charged to go further. Color is random, but only for decoration.*
B<> - Noggin Bonk
Brings down his abnormally shaped and sized head in front of him for an attack similar to Olimar's.
B^ - Tingle Balloon*
Blows up his signature red balloon, after it's blown he can jump 4 times and each time it gets deflated more.*
Bv - Plumet
Tingle dives downward with his head first.*
A - headbutt, kick, punch
A<> - Tingle Roll
Does a front flip. Damage is caused if touched, weird range because of his head.*
A^ - Rupee Scatter
Tosses a wave of rupees upward of various colors, press twice to do it again consecutively, waves may have different amounts of rupees, however this doesn't affect hit boxes.
Av - Whoops.*
Tingle falls over. Doesn't cause self harm, because self harm sucks. Damages anybody standing in the ground close to him, and knocks them on their butts.*
Grabs:*
A dust cloud appears as tingle is attacking an opponent that he has grabbed.*
If thrown, he'll roll backwards and throw them, with decent knockback, and throw rupees at them sort of like mewtwo does.*

Shield: Covers his eyes*
Taunt 1: Tingle, Tingle, Koolooh-Limpah!
Taunt 2: Makes the grin he does after throwing Rupees in the pond in FP:TRRL
Taunt 3: Tingle accidentally drops a rupee and ecstatically picks it back up.*
Entrance: Flies in by balloon.*
Weight: 1/5, same as Olimar
Height: 1/5, a tiny bit taller than Olimar
Speed: 3/5, a bit slower than Fox
Fall speed: Slightly floaty*

:phone:[/COLLAPSE]
Very nice. I read somewhere an idea for his recovery being inflating his balloon and shooting straight upwards and going into a glide that I quite liked; since he flies straight up in Majora's Mask, and glides with his balloon to get around in Rosy Rupeeland it takes some nice inspiration from the games.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Very nice. I read somewhere an idea for his recovery being inflating his balloon and shooting straight upwards and going into a glide that I quite liked; since he flies straight up in Majora's Mask, and glides with his balloon to get around in Rosy Rupeeland it takes some nice inspiration from the games.
I like that idea as well.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Now I'm not going to argue his chances of getting in. I believe he's the next in-line of Zelda character despite how much I dislike him. In the US he certainly isn't liked. I personally find him creepy which is okay since Zelda games has a lot of them. I just don't see what is it about Tingle that makes him stand out.

Here is some proof that he isn't well liked back in the Brawl days.
[collapse=Anti-tingle art]

[/collapse]

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I would rather see other creepy characters then Tingle. Dampe the gravedigger, Maple, or even the Happy Mask Salesman (who is another one that creeps the hell out of me) would make for an interesting spinoff games.

@Oasis_S: But Tingle isn't gay. He has a girlfriend name Pinkle.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
But they took the creepyness that tingle had and developed it into a full character with a full game. They kindof chose that role for him alone to be the Zelda spinoff character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I would rather see other creepy characters then Tingle. Dampe the gravedigger, Maple, or even the Happy Mask Salesman (who is another one that creeps the hell out of me) would make for an interesting spinoff games.

@Oasis_S: But Tingle isn't gay. He has a girlfriend name Pinkle.
Oh. She's more than a girlfriend. :troll:
It's implied that she gives him a little "service" after he saves her

Tingle isn't gay. He just attracts everyone.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I'm sure somebody's already mentioned the idea earlier in the thread, but...

It has been said that Sakurai and the Smash team considered Balloon Fighter for Melee but couldn't justify a good enough moveset for him. Therefore, why not kill two birds with one stone by having Tingle, but at the same time, the Balloons being a core mechanic of his gameplay? He'd have some typical moves like throwing Rupees and pummelling people (a la Rosy Rupeeland), a 'random' move like his Assist Trophy function in Brawl (or G&W's Judgement) and instead of having a recovery move, he'd have a move allowing you to pump up balloons - you can have up to a certain amount at a time but they can be destroyed like Pikmin. For each balloon you have, Tingle gets an extra jump (quite decent jumps too), and the ability to glide when he has a full set (three or four perhaps?).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd rather see Tingle without a move to inflate balloons. Why can't he just float with his balloon every time you press a jump button like you do with Kirby and Jigglypuff? His balloon could automatically inflate and then puff repeatedly whenever you tap a jump button. He might not even need a recovery move like Jigglypuff.

B: Tingle Shield
Tingle uses fairy magic to cast a magic barrier similar to Zelda's Nayru's Love spell. This barrier is shaped like a Rupee. The color of the barrier determines the amount of damage the counter attack will deal. This is loosely based on the Tingle Shield magic via the Tingle Tuner from The Wind Waker.

Green = 1% + tripping (very common, reinforces Tingle's annoyance :troll:)
Blue = 5% (common)
Yellow = 10% (common)
Red = 20% (rare)
Purple = 50% + one-hit KO (very rare)

Side B: Bodyguard
Tingle throws a Rupee and it transforms into a bodyguard in a puff of smoke. The bodyguard rushes in toward an opponent. They engage in a fight that is obscured by a dust cloud. The dust cloud vanishes but the bodyguard is gone. The bodyguards are from Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Up B: Tingle Bomb
Tingle throws a bomb overhead similar to Yoshi's Egg Throw. That's pretty much it except the hitboxes of Tingle's bombs are like Link's bombs instead of Yoshi's eggs. This is loosely based on Tingle's bomb attacks in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Down B: Rupee Like
This is Tingle's trap move. Tingle drops a Rupee where it does nothing. When an opponent gets close to the Rupee, it transforms into a Like Like in a puff of smoke. The Like Like grabs the opponent just like the Like Likes do in Melee's Adventure Mode. This enemy is from Four Swords games.

Final Smash: Kooloo-Limpah!
Tingle flies around with his balloon. He rapidly fires Rupees like a machine gun all over the stage. This is reminiscent of Diddy Kong's Final Smash. This is based on the final boss fight in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom