• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tingle is just so much win! While people may say he lacks fighting abilities, Smash is all about giving characters like him a shot at the big time.
I know right? People are always asking for characters that they actually SAW fighting and characters who they PERCEIVE as powerful... and they expect those characters to be some of the best fighters in Smash. And sometimes the reality is contrary to the popular belief. Examples include Melee Mewtwo and Brawl Ganondorf.

And people tend to overlook or dismiss characters who they DIDN'T SEE fighting and characters who they PERCEIVE as weak or useless... and they expect those characters to be some of the worst fighters in Smash. And well, the opposite is sometimes true. Examples include Melee Jigglypuff and Brawl R.O.B.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I always liked the idea of the nuetral B being rupee throw.
Also I figure his final smash could be rupee beam, something I believe he uses to defeat the main antagonist of his own game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
With the news of The Wind Waker HD confirmed, I think Tingle is pretty relevant/recent again. :troll: No, seriously, the Game Pad will be your Tingle Tuner. I am positive this is what the Game Pad will be used for.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He'll get plenty Rupees again in WW HD, that's for sure. :rolleyes: Always thought that if Tingle would enter Smash, he'd throw Rupees with his Neutral B.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With the news of The Wind Waker HD confirmed, I think Tingle is pretty relevant/recent again. :troll: No, seriously, the Game Pad will be your Tingle Tuner. I am positive this is what the Game Pad will be used for.
Heh... I think it was said that you could play WWHD on the Game Pad (without TV). the 3DS could work as a Tingle Tuner (which won't be a Tingle-fied GBA for sure =P).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I wish is to get a reward for collecting the Tingle statues. Maybe a secret Tingle's Tower dungeon where you can play as Tingle when you use that mind control song... And you need to use both Link and Tingle to solve puzzles and clear the dungeon. Maybe the boss could be Uncle Rupee. And your reward for clearing the dungeon is a sail upgrade to speed up your sailing. Yeah, no, I know this is not going to be in Wind Waker HD and the game is just gonna be HD port. Nothing more.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe in fact that could work, you use that mind controlling song as Link to use Tingle to get those damn Rupees for you himself. :smirk: A Tingle-exclusive maze-like dungeon, full of Rupees could work with that. You'd be able to fly using Tingle's baloon, but he couldn't attack, outside of stunning enemies with throwing Rupees (that'd put you at a disadvantage however).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would work. Tingle being able to fly but he doesn't fight... It's just like Medli and Makar in the Earth and Wind Temples.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, kinda like that! I wish they did more with that concept. And also, make a dungeon for the Nayru Pearl! Don't care how, just do it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, kinda like that! I wish they did more with that concept. And also, make a dungeon for the Nayru Pearl! Don't care how, just do it.
I agree. What would have worked is if we went to that island where Jabun used to live... And we go through a dungeon on that island... Make it an ice-themed dungeon... And when we clear it, we find out Jabun went to Outset Island like in the original game.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Omg you guys talking about this has me so hyped.
I forgot this was the tingle thread for a second lol
Well regardless I think the likely newcomer is going to be Toon Zelda and tetra so poor tingle is out of the running even if you can play as him in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree. What would have worked is if we went to that island where Jabun used to live... And we go through a dungeon on that island... Make it an ice-themed dungeon... And when we clear it, we find out Jabun went to Outset Island like in the original game.

Basically, give that one big Island that Ganondorf destroyed (forgot the name) an actual purpose? I'd be down for that! Wouldn't need to be ice themed either, could also be water.

And yeah, I'd take Tetra over Tingle as well actually.

Also, as for that Tingle Dungeon, why not make it an underground maze in THE Tingle Tower?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That works too. The Tingle statues could have opened the door at the base of that spinning tower. I guess you could be going down the tower till you and Tingle reach the bottom where Uncle Rupee is at.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that if Tingle gets in Smash, I think he would be like Jigglypuff... Floating with his balloon and doing walls of pain. :awesome:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Tingle would be the better Balloon Fighter.:awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So guys....a Tingle series rep? Lol

Yeah. Exactly.

Triforce icon - Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, etc.
Rupee icon - Tingle

Honestly I would rather have Tingle over Balloon Fighter but I have a feeling Balloon Fighter is more likely.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What makes you say balloon fighter is more likely? I mean...they remade balloon fight WITH tingle.
However I see neither as very likely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What makes you say balloon fighter is more likely? I mean...they remade balloon fight WITH tingle.
However I see neither as very likely.
Yeah, but that was pre-Brawl. Now is post-Brawl, pre-SSB4. Do you know what's happened between 2011 and 2013?

2011 - Balloon Fight is one of the 3DS Ambassador games
2012 - Nintendo Land has an attraction based on Balloon Fight
2013 - Balloon Fight is the first Wii U Virtual Console game for 30 cents

It is almost as if Nintendo is trying to push Balloon Fight on us, to make people more aware of Balloon Fight.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Eh. I see it as coincidence. But you never know. If they are there's bound to be a reason. And I we see a reason we know you were right. If not I'm positive it was coincidence.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Balloon Fighter is a lot more likely than people give him credit for.... Lol

Anyway, I came here to say that after constant denial and grief against him, I now officially support Tingle as a contender haha

More so because I don't want Ghirahim in the game :p

But if he doss make it, he wouldn't affect the chances of balloon fighter in any way/shape/form.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I actually see balloon fighter less likely than tingle. I think the most likely retro is Takamaru.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'd really like to see Tingle replace the Link clone. Not that I don't love Toon Link, but if I had to choose between him and a character with an original moveset, I'd pick the latter. Tingle is a better choice than any of the Zelda one-offs, too, namely on account of having three of his own games.

But if he doss make it, he wouldn't affect the chances of balloon fighter in any way/shape/form.
This, I'd like them both in. Their only similarities are their balloons. BF would no doubt incorporate his as a fundamental part of his playstyle, while Tingle could use his for an upwards recovery and glide.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Why would tingle have to replace toon link?
also I'd like to request someone to go post in the Pacman thread. Lol

Speculator

Smash Ace
Why would tingle have to replace toon link?
also I'd like to request someone to go post in the Pacman thread. Lol
I just figured the big series seem to stick to four, with the exception of Super Mario Bros in Melee (which was then cut down with the removal of Doc). Pokémon got rid of two characters from Melee to seemingly 'free up space' for Pokémon Trainer and Lucario. If Zelda got five character slots, Mario and Pokémon ought to get five character slots too, and in that case it might feel like the roster was being clogged up with series that already have plenty of representation.

Although thinking about it, Tingle could probably get away with being considered a 'Zelda spin-off' in the same way DK, Yoshi and Wario are 'Mario spin-offs'. So maybe they could squeeze both in. I'm only going on assumptions though, who knows how they'll end up doing the roster?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The limit of four thing is BS. Not only has Mario had 5 characters, but Pokemon and Zelda have 6 and 5 characters in Brawl, counting transformations.

And if you know about the forbidden 7, then you'd know that at one more Mario and at least one(possibly two) more Pokemon reps were planned, but cut at the last minute(more likely due to Sonics inclusion than anything else).

Speculator

Smash Ace
The limit of four thing is BS. Not only has Mario had 5 characters, but Pokemon and Zelda have 6 and 5 characters in Brawl, counting transformations.
Four slots, then. I'm not saying it's a limit, but it's certainly a trend. And the point about Mario and Pokémon probably needing more slots if Zelda went to five still stands. It'd be odd to tip it in Zelda's favour. If all three major series went to five slots, that's development time that could have gone to underrepresented series or series with no representation at all.

Furthermore, we don't know anything about the forbidden seven aside from a few scraps of data. I don't think there's much there to suggest they were scrapped 'at the last minute'. If anything, it looks like they were canned pretty early on.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, I'm not advocating for Zelda to get more characters. Personally, I think the current playable roster of Zelda(and Mario) characters is just fine. And yes, priority should be given to series that don't have reps, as well as series that are underepresented.
(*cough*Fire Emblem*cough*F-Zero*cough*)

Speculator

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not advocating for Zelda to get more characters. Personally, I think the current playable roster of Zelda(and Mario) characters is just fine. And yes, priority should be given to series that don't have reps, as well as series that are underepresented.
Agreed. Again, I'm not saying there's a strict limit on characters or anything. I'm sure they plan out the roster in advance and prioritise development time accordingly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
More probably, we may see one new rep for each main series... Tingle might just be in.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I honestly don't see why Tingle's inclusion would necessarily hold Toon Link back for smash. If he were playable he would likely represent his own series and Zelda (along with Mario and Pokemon) may receive one more spot anyway's so I don't see any reason to kick Toon Link out, even with the whole moveset thing. They can just give Link some of his Skyward Sword gadgets such as the beetle and keep Toon Link traditionally how most Link's been played like in the past (or vice verca or both of them get an overhaul)

Speculator

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see why Tingle's inclusion would necessarily hold Toon Link back for smash. If he were playable he would likely represent his own series and Zelda (along with Mario and Pokemon) may receive one more spot anyway's so I don't see any reason to kick Toon Link out, even with the whole moveset thing. They can just give Link some of his Skyward Sword gadgets such as the beetle and keep Toon Link traditionally how most Link's been played like in the past (or vice verca or both of them get an overhaul)
I'm just saying, five each, that's a lot of characters from already pretty big franchises. Though Tingle could definitely be his own seperate franchise if they wanted him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom