• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
And to this day I still disagree with that...

But either way, Mekos has a right to have less respect for players who have to rely on a crutch in their game plan in the matchup instead of simply beating the character outright. Lucas is already a pretty predictable character with limited range, you can just...beat him.

EDIT again I'm not saying that the act of infiniting an opponent with an easy grab release should be banned or anything, but maybe it IS broken for that matchup. It in particular BREAKS it. Literally. But alas, it's whatever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
And to this day I still disagree with that...

But either way, Mekos has a right to have less respect for players who have to rely on a crutch in their game plan in the matchup instead of simply beating the character outright. Lucas is already a pretty predictable character with limited range, you can just...beat him.

EDIT again I'm not saying that the act of infiniting an opponent with an easy grab release should be banned or anything, but maybe it IS broken for that matchup. It in particular BREAKS it. Literally. But alas, it's whatever.
Yeah, the match-up is unwinnable. Just like Ganon vs IC's. That doesn't mean we ban IC's from chaingrabbing ganon, it just makes ganon inherently worse. There is no reason to arbitrarily make marth/dk worse characters by banning their infinites. Either way you are making rules to try and balance the game, which opens a floodgate of problems.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I agree with u both...but like Kryst said, I don't respect them as a player for doing it and definitely don't think they are good. I'm not trying to get standing inf. banned or anything.

I'm not salty. I know lucas is not a singles viable character for it. I enter singles just for fun and to see what I will get. I focus on doubles. I am a doubles player.
The only thing that pisses me off sometimes is when people like NOid and PLayer-1 who say results is everything say a player that does an easy standing infinite against me and wins, is better than me. That just blows my mind how someone can think that lol. But eh everyone has their own opinion.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I agree with u both...but like Kryst said, I don't respect them as a player for doing it and definitely don't think they are good. I'm not trying to get standing inf. banned or anything.

I'm not salty. I know lucas is not a singles viable character for it. I enter singles just for fun and to see what I will get. I focus on doubles. I am a doubles player.
The only thing that pisses me off sometimes is when people like NOid and PLayer-1 who say results is everything say a player that does an easy standing infinite against me and wins, is better than me. That just blows my mind how someone can think that lol. But eh everyone has their own opinion.
This is a fine mentality. I just hate when people are like BAN THINGS THAT **** MY CHARACTER BUT I SWEAR IM NOT BIASED lol.

Like..I main ics and am all for rainbow cruise/brinstar lol.

Gea

Smash Master
But Hylian however will we beat the Japanese when we play every match of every set on Brinstar? None of us know how to play on Smashville and all we know how to do is shark and acid tricks!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But Hylian however will we beat the Japanese when we play every match of every set on Brinstar? None of us know how to play on Smashville and all we know how to do is shark and acid tricks!
Lol what they say makes sense they are just looking at it wrong. No need to ban those stages, it's the MENTALITY that's making people not improve. You can only improve playing gay so much, there is more to learn as far as to how people react by playing aggressive, as proved by the Japanese.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I think Hunger needs to be on the list. He got gayed out of pools like countless other players. Roller, Hunger and Meek are the only ones I can think of offhand that ***** in their pools and still didn't get out. Oh and Wedge should be on the list.

Needed to specify. lol
Let me say this. I did not get "gayed' out of pools. My DI was atrocious vs False which lead me to lose the set. I'm not taking anything away from his win cause he is a very good and underrated snake imo, but i'm just saying. I got nair'd WAY too much. He outplayed me.

Also, i 3 stocked seibrik's mk and beat his d3 and didn't get out of pools :bee::bee::bee:

Also, the wario list IMO (dont care about order) It's me/reflex/malc/kryst/sky (why do people sleep on this gay niq?)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm actually thinking of moving myself down or off completely, but I know I'm better than most of the Warios in MW besides Hunger. Again though, my activity can be pulled in the question since I played last in Genesis 2 six months ago, which is my threshold for activity balancing.

Hunger/Reflex
Reflex/Hunger
Malcom
Bassem
Krystedez

I will move myself off completely after another 3 months if I'm still using Pit and / or not using Wario at all.

Illmatic's suggestion:
1. Reflex
2. Malcolm
3. Bassem
4. Krystedez
5. Jnig

Player-1

Smash Legend
Micaelis>jnig. Hunger should be on before jnig also. Personally I think hunger, bassem, and micaelis are all up for grabs for a spot on there. I think bassem and hunger are better than michael, but their activity hurts them more.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
My list was ********, because I forgot about Sky.

Replace Jnig with Sky, although Jnig has made tremendous improvements lately... Sky's results speak louder.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Has Sky done anything great in the past 6 months? I mean like top 15 at a national or top 5 consistent results in his region (hard to compare MW to his region so anything close to that is still good enough)

I realize too that he doesnt just main wario as well.

Im gunna edit main post soon with criteria requirements for movements soon, and I dont mean just placements like I just did above.

When I ask these questions I also expect other info like who he beat, etc...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sky is just really good.

I don't know who he beat at Apex, or how he placed.. but I do know he beat some fairly good people to make it out of pools.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ill check it later and look for results too if I can then. im interested, and I want to be as least bias as possible considering people may think I have left over animosity toward him or some crap.

(though to be honest I feel like he hates me...)

Judo777

Smash Master
I really want to make a case for me being on the top 5 Zelda list.......... but don't you have to use her solo in tournament for more than like 2 MU's? I mean I coooooouuuuullllldddd use her in more MU's but if I did I wouldn't be a TRUE Sheilda player...........

Ugh so dumb my Zelda is pretty good (probably my most notable win as of late is against Fino IC's in crew battles tho [but it WAS on FD])

whatever........ lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I have to say that I feel Chibo is definitely the best robs dubs players. I have played alot of robs in doubles.

But yall say dubs doesn't matter/show anything about player skill. Lame

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Judo - Fino's ICs might be top 5 material. He beat Leon's Marth with them

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
im sorry smoom. i thought you said you were retiring a while ago. but with that set you showed and the tournies you showed me you've been too i admit i was wrong (after all i've only seen you at one tourney but i have yet to go to a AT or BN). dez smoom still deserves a top ICs spot. i was unaware that he was secretly making texans cry

Judo777

Smash Master
Judo - Fino's ICs might be top 5 material. He beat Leon's Marth with them
Oh really that's cool. I knew he was good I didn't he know he was that good lol. But like i said it was crew battles so not sure if it counts.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
actually read the last couple pages i missed now.

@dez

im ex-norcal and still check out there results and PR and such and sky is always top 5 in norcal tournies. however he didn't make it far in pools because norcal has no olimars and he had to play olimar back to back in bracket. he was upset about it too. but yes sky's wario is nothing short of amazing. let me see if i can bring up a recent vid of him vs a top player.

edit:

will post vid here

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Its ironic that he took Wario by the balls a short while after mlg, and started ******. It's ironic because he originally asked me to teach him Wario at MLG after I beat Dehf round 2. The irony runs even thicker if you know the full grand scheme of things.

Now, look at Genesis 2, he actually tried to show me how to CG perfectly after I got beat by DEHF in pools (but it was very close on SV, and 2nd game was a horrid CP on my part, shoulda just went back to a neutral)... Too bad I'm just not good at monotonous motions like CGing Falco LMAO...

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
I think DeLux should be top 5 ICs also. I don't think anyone knows ICs more intimately than he does, and he's also really good (made it to APEX bracket).

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Let me say this. I did not get "gayed' out of pools. My DI was atrocious vs False which lead me to lose the set. I'm not taking anything away from his win cause he is a very good and underrated snake imo, but i'm just saying. I got nair'd WAY too much. He outplayed me.

Also, i 3 stocked seibrik's mk and beat his d3 and didn't get out of pools :bee::bee::bee:

Also, the wario list IMO (dont care about order) It's me/reflex/malc/kryst/sky (why do people sleep on this gay niq?)
thanks for the acknowledgement hunger (':

I promise I'll be recognized as the best Snake within the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom