• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coney

Smash Master
That's like the main part you contributed to lolol. But I mean I don't too much care, I don't know how Coney's went I just know that in this one whatever mutual agreement we can all come up with I'll change lol
mine was basically a collection of votes--everyone would vote and i would take the averages and put the players in tiers based on their relative skill. basically, since at the time ADHD was the top diddy and gnes and felix were decidedly below him yet above all others, it would go [ADHD] [gnes, felix]

eventually the thread got closed during the C tier voting phase, people just got really stupid and personal with attacks

i'd like to revive it, i think it's an interesting idea, but probably impossible from a practical standpoint

all the peaches are just about as good as each other from what i've seen btw, nobody really stands out in skill more than any other

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
No Zigsta or Limit on Bowser at all? For shame, man!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't approve of Razmakazi not being ranked top 5 for your peaches
I will remove LloD from top Peaches he was only there as a standpoint. Like Coney said, most of the Peaches I feel are around the same skill level, so putting LloD first just made me seem less bias imo. I'll rearrange it however though.

mine was basically a collection of votes--everyone would vote and i would take the averages and put the players in tiers based on their relative skill. basically, since at the time ADHD was the top diddy and gnes and felix were decidedly below him yet above all others, it would go [ADHD] [gnes, felix]

eventually the thread got closed during the C tier voting phase, people just got really stupid and personal with attacks

i'd like to revive it, i think it's an interesting idea, but probably impossible from a practical standpoint

all the peaches are just about as good as each other from what i've seen btw, nobody really stands out in skill more than any other

Your way sounds cool, but longer I feel lol. I put the little key thing @ the top to indicate there will be voting and swap outs. I see what you mean towards getting close to C tier though. For the most part all of the complaints have been coming from D- and lower with the exception of Peach. As far as MK a few people are upset with Tyrants placing.

Player-1

Smash Legend
NL is still a good diddy...(I think...? I haven't seen him play since 2010 October so IDK if he would count).

I think me and GDX are pretty interchangeable, but IDK. The only tournament that compares us was SIEGE and I placed higher than him (also beat the player that beat him in losers), but that's just one single tournament where he could have been having a bad day or other reasons, etc.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I wasn't there for the top tier discussion.
I got ignored for most of the B tier discussion besides meek who told you guys what I was saying.
Middle of B tier I found my mic. Had it through C tier.
D tier I went to eat dinner and come back to find this abomination. Lmao.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
NL is still a good diddy...(I think...? I haven't seen him play since 2010 October so IDK if he would count).

I think me and GDX are pretty interchangeable, but IDK. The only tournament that compares us was SIEGE and I placed higher than him (also beat the player that beat him in losers), but that's just one single tournament where he could have been having a bad day or other reasons, etc.
Yeah P1, when GDX was mentioned so were you. I was gonna put you in his position but realized he's ranked in a better region. I'll swap you with his spot and give NL's.

I wasn't there for the top tier discussion.
I got ignored for most of the B tier discussion besides meek who told you guys what I was saying.
Middle of B tier I found my mic. Had it through C tier.
D tier I went to eat dinner and come back to find this abomination. Lmao.
I think you're forgetting how many times it was made.
But Ok Wedge lol.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't want to get involved in this too much, but for the sake of my brothers in Ganon, I have to intervene and say that if there is a best Ganon, it's between DLA, Kalm and myself. The others are terrific, but not quite like those three. I appreciate everybody's support though, it means a lot.

That's all I have to say on the topic.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah P1, when GDX was mentioned so were you. I was gonna put you in his position but realized he's ranked in a better region. I'll swap you with his spot and give NL's.

But Ok Wedge lol.
GDX isn't ranked in his region anymore. Also, from what I've seen in videos me and AZ could be interchangeable as well, but that's even harder to compare since we never play the same people, haven't gone to the same tournament, and our region's character diversity differs a lot. He's a lot better in some MUs than me and same thing vice versa making it REALLY hard to compare.

milesg2g

Smash Champion

But Ok Wedge lol.
Actually I can't because AZ remains and he's doing pretty well in the MW

I don't want to get involved in this too much, but for the sake of my brothers in Ganon, I have to intervene and say that if there is a best Ganon, it's between DLA, Kalm and myself. The others are terrific, but not quite like those three. I appreciate everybody's support though, it means a lot.

That's all I have to say on the topic.
I see, well I know when it came to you 3 we had the hardest time. At least between you and Ray when it came to first. We had to make the list twice because my cpu glitched so I had to do it all over again so some of the characters spots were swapped.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
GDX isn't ranked in his region anymore. Also, from what I've seen in videos me and AZ could be interchangeable as well, but that's even harder to compare since we never play the same people, haven't gone to the same tournament, and our region's character diversity differs a lot. He's a lot better in some MUs than me and same thing vice versa making it REALLY hard to compare.

Ahh I see, well let me change you and his spots then.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ahh I see, well let me change you and his spots then.
well he's been attending a lot more tournaments than I have and placed really well at SiiS4 so if it was tied then he'd probably be ranked over me since he's proven himself a lot more than me (but I don't get many chances since the GA brawl scene has been so dead recently =/)

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Get Kirin on that top Link, and Flameon on that Mario status!

Also, put BROOD on Olimar just for lulz.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Can you take me out of this. Last time a thread like this was made many disputes and necessary bull happened. I want nothing to do with it so remove "NAKAT" from under Fox please :) thank you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hopefully this thread can happen without people wanting to kill each other again.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
voting for 1st best Ganondorf

i guess we are supposed to do something. My vote goes to you

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean really you guys can just discuss your own opinions on who's the top 5 of characters or whatever, voting didn't seem to really work last time.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Can you take me out of this. Last time a thread like this was made many disputes and necessary bull happened. I want nothing to do with it so remove "NAKAT" from under Fox please :) thank you.
I can't let you do that starfox. Besides the results don't lie and no ones complained about your placing on it

Hopefully this thread can happen without people wanting to kill each other again.
It seems to be quite under control, people are only upset with D-Tier down it seems and even then they don't seem upset just suggesting other names

I dunno, man. It was pretty chaotic on AiB. x_X

Also, what do those symbols next to my name signify? o_O
They just mean that you could be switched and your rank could be voted on

Player-1

Smash Legend
Chuck Nasty was a really good PT and I remember seeing his name in a recent tournament and doing pretty well, but I'm not sure if he used PT at all

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I can't let you do that starfox. Besides the results don't lie and no ones complained about your placing on it

It seems to be quite under control, people are only upset with D-Tier down it seems and even then they don't seem upset just suggesting other names

They just mean that you could be switched and your rank could be voted on
Miles.....take me off the list.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
LOL I thought Anti would be top2 MK. Actually, i thought he would even be top1. I don't see why everyone thinks M2K is soooo god, can anyone post an epic video of him?

Btw, not a hater. >_<

Nike.

Smash Hero
Some character boards (such as Fox's) already have a top players or power rankings thread. For the most part, there pretty successful and accurate. All the mains of that character can talk about it as much as they want, and more of them see it because of it's location.

What I recommend is making a thread for every character board. Let each characters mains talk about it themselves. This thread already has over 60 posts. It moves too fast and everybody is constantly talking about different characters so the subject is constantly changing.

The Power Rankings thread works exactly like this. Every state makes their Power Rankings. After it's made or updated, someone posts it to the thread and the owner edit's it in the OP. It's very successful.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
LOL I thought Anti would be top2 MK. Actually, i thought he would even be top1. I don't see why everyone thinks M2K is soooo god, can anyone post an epic video of him?

Btw, not a hater. >_<

Anti said himself he didn't see himself as 2nd best

milesg2g

Smash Champion
this right here
theres no way that this could ever be accurate, especially if it doesn't involve players from other regions
It does include other region, and I'm aware that it'll never be completely accurate because people are always getting better.

TP

Smash Master

Btw, not a hater. >_<
Ya know those gigantic tournaments that happen every now and then?

M2K wins them.

z00ted

^amazing post.

Seriously people, if you don't want to bring anything postive to this thread then just don't post. Hylian already stated he's going to let it stay open as long as it doesn't get out of hand - so just don't let it get out of hand. Simple as that.

z00ted

have people say you are better than "x" player.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I surmised as much. But to what degree? Thus far a few people have voted me up, so I'm just wondering.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
Don't wanna get off topic, but is there any famous player or something down here at South America? Just curious.

@topic
About the list, I personally think Boss is better than BigLou with Luigi and that Vermanubis with Ganondorf is better than... well, everyone else. By far. LOL
Ya know those gigantic tournaments that happen every now and then?

M2K wins them.
Hahahaha, I see.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i dont see what the problem is
"it can never be perfect, so we might as well not give it a shot"
with that defeatist attitude you'll never get anything done
Some character boards (such as Fox's) already have a top players or power rankings thread. For the most part, there pretty successful and accurate. All the mains of that character can talk about it as much as they want, and more of them see it because of it's location.

What I recommend is making a thread for every character board. Let each characters mains talk about it themselves. This thread already has over 60 posts. It moves too fast and everybody is constantly talking about different characters so the subject is constantly changing.

The Power Rankings thread works exactly like this. Every state makes their Power Rankings. After it's made or updated, someone posts it to the thread and the owner edit's it in the OP. It's very successful.

^ I should've probably mentioned that this idea sounds a lot better

milesg2g

Smash Champion
So, what are the requirements to move up a spot?
have people say you are better than "x" player.

Haha no, that's not how it works. The list will be updated after at least a month or 2 of tourney results. If anything this list does it encourages improvement, it's not something bad so I wouldn't look at like that. If you don't care what you are ranked then just do your thing lol period.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Funny I'm not on the IC list when I have better tournament results and made more money than lain since moving to his region >_>. Though beating him in IC dittos doesn't mean too much that match-up is stupid lol.

Really though I just want to go play the japanses IC's :p lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom