• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Haha no, that's not how it works. The list will be updated after at least a month or 2 of tourney results. If anything this list does it encourages improvement, it's not something bad so I wouldn't look at like that. If you don't care what you are ranked then just do your thing lol period.
That contradicts how the list was made then, and is not entirely fair. Kalm, while a terrific Ganon, has not been to a tournament in almost a year. I've placed consistently high at tournaments and beaten ranked players in the past year. I'm not entirely sure what criteria you used to determine the placings, but I think it'd be best to get credible votes, amend the list so it is more accurate, then, when it is unanimous that it's accurate enough, then introduce tourney results.

Then we look at DLA... below Bloodynite? Bloody can't go to tourneys and his ladder performance is usually somewhat inconsistent, whereas DLA takes names and places well.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Some character boards (such as Fox's) already have a top players or power rankings thread. For the most part, there pretty successful and accurate. All the mains of that character can talk about it as much as they want, and more of them see it because of it's location.

What I recommend is making a thread for every character board. Let each characters mains talk about it themselves. This thread already has over 60 posts. It moves too fast and everybody is constantly talking about different characters so the subject is constantly changing.

The Power Rankings thread works exactly like this. Every state makes their Power Rankings. After it's made or updated, someone posts it to the thread and the owner edit's it in the OP. It's very successful.

Yeah this does sound cool, now it's up to everyone to make a character PR thread and inform me when they come up with accurate posts. But if you think I'm gonna be the one going to you all's character threads making that you're crazy lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if you were really serious about it, you would do it.

Just copy a OP and paste it into every character board or else it won't be done; or some people will do it while others wont.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yeah this does sound cool, now it's up to everyone to make a character PR thread and inform me when they come up with accurate posts. But if you think I'm gonna be the one going to you all's character threads making that you're crazy lol.
Why not ask the Mod of each character board? Example: Hylain for Ice Climbers, Player4 for Metaknights, Shaya for Marths, etc. They obviously have the organization to do that and they can mod it however they like to make sure that it's not just ppl arguing with each other.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
good idea Nike.

and yeah, format is a MUST. You should get at it in this blog too ;o

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hyro's actually the best toon link but other than that its all good

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
"Eska" is spelled "Esca," and "Poltergeist" should be "Poltergust." Polt would kill you if you misspelled his name, haha.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
ughhh why are lists made this early in the game.
so much bias depending on what region your in.
sucks

milesg2g

Smash Champion
That contradicts how the list was made then, and is not entirely fair. Kalm, while a terrific Ganon, has not been to a tournament in almost a year. I've placed consistently high at tournaments and beaten ranked players in the past year. I'm not entirely sure what criteria you used to determine the placings, but I think it'd be best to get credible votes, amend the list so it is more accurate, then, when it is unanimous that it's accurate enough, then introduce tourney results.

Then we look at DLA... below Bloodynite? Bloody can't go to tourneys and his ladder performance is usually somewhat inconsistent, whereas DLA takes names and places well.
No, I posted this here to get you all's opinion

ughhh why are lists made this early in the game.
so much bias depending on what region your in.
sucks

Nike's idea actually takes this away, I'm gonna go ahead and do Nike's idea. Notify every character board mod about this PR. Keep in mind Nike and others, members of a region can easily just go to that character board and put their two cents in.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So will you be posting PR threads in each board, or do you want one mod per character to post a thread under the same criteria?

EDIT--Posted in the Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, and Wario boards.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yoshi mains are generally opposed to rankings like this. For the most part, the Yoshis with the best results live in completely seperate regions, so we don't bother trying to rank ourselves because everything boils down to whose region is stronger. Polt has MLG results, but after that, it's up in the air, and we don't care enough. :x

:005:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Falco

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. SK92 <---- Bloodcross needs to be in here somewhere
4. Kismet2
5. Arty

Wolf

1. Kain
2. Choice
3. AC <---- JJ Wolf isn't really active, so I dunno where he'd go, but Ish is definitely in here somewhere.
4. Seagull Man
5. Holmes

Ike

1. San
2. Mr. Doom
3. Meneil <-----As far as I know, Ryko hasn't played in almost 1 1/2 years. RedX should be in there, like 4th or 5th.
4. Rykushet
5. ?

Sheik

1. Judo
2. Tutu
3. Billy <------- Ed for first. Ed is without a doubt the best Sheik. Judo and Tuto take a close second.
4. Ed
5. Neo

Yoshi

1. Poltergeist
2. Delta-Cod
3. Scatz <---- Burntsocks needs to go in. I'd say Nacho, but he doesn't do much of anything anymore.
4. Hadesblade
5. Darkyosh

Link

1. Legan
2. Blubba_Pinecone
3. Jash <----- I love Blubba, but Legan and Kirin have distinguished themselves above him. Deva hasn't been active in ages aside from one tourney in Texas, and Jash, while he is without a doubt THE best TL, doesn't take a top 5 spot with Link.
4. Deva
5. T2 Virus

Zelda

1. Dark Magician
2. Riot
3. NinjaLink <---- Riot should go first. DM doesn't even use Zelda much anymore. Ed should be 2nd.
4. Vinnie
5. ?

Ganondorf

1. Vermanubis
2. Ray Kalm
3. DLA <---------I think Fonz should go in Bloody's spot. Bloody is great, but he's still very rough around the edges.
4. Bloodynite
5. Vex

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lol well I thought I'd mention that Ray Kalm hasn't been to a tournament in at least a year... he's a good Ganon, but hasn't really proven anything yet.

Verm and I are the only Ganons putting in work right now. I'm ranked 4th in my state, behind Kain, Arty, and Sago--all of whom are on this list (or should be, in Sago's case--he has the best Samus in the midwest).

edit: and I agree with Verm, leaving Fonz out of the Ganon top 5 is a travesty.

double edit: the best Yoshi's name is Poltergust, not Poltergeist.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok everyone, I've messaged every character board mod about this thread. There will be a character PR for your top 5 best players that represent and/or main your characters. That way the character boards can discuss this without any bias opinions. Then the mods'll have to msg me so I can make this as accurate as possible

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
For Sheiks I'd say

Ed/ScaryLB59 or Judo
Judo or myself
Tutu
Mars
Renki

There really aren't too many of us and NEO/<3/Light have great Sheiks but have been really inactive. This is really off of results. Again, not too many of us.

For Zelda:
Riot
DM/Myself
Myself/DM
Fuujin/Tsuteto?

DM has been really inactive as of late though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only thing I am going to say will happen with the Link boards, Kirin is going to be #2 at the very least.

Him and Legan even said they couldn't figure out who was better than the other for a while. While I do think Legan is better, not putting Kirin under him seems like an insult, he's done plenty with Link and more than the ones below him.

This isn't bias or anything this is the truth of what I know as a fact is what the Link's will say.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oh boy

anyway, i'll bite.

Snake:
does HRnut even play snake anymore...
eitherway, i think MVD should take his spot as 4th

(Gnes might be better than ADHD?)

rob should have mr. eric (at 4th or 5th, idk)

peach rankings atm look REALLY weird, but idk bout peaches

DK needs dr. G

(X > Espy?)

Ike needs Ryo

and vex for ganon seems weird

thats all for me

now i wish to lurk some flaming
appreciate it <3. the people ranked 4th and 5th should be taken off for rob. and out of that, i would say that i would at least nail top 3 but ill leave that up to others to decide.

dull doesnt play rob anymore. and hasnt been active in like a year. stock shouldnt be considered top 5. he's moreso a snake main. he isnt bad, but he hasnt done a lot.

and t0mmy deserves a top 2 spot.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Those Wolf's listed are the only ones doing work at all Verm (By that I mean at least top 1st-7th placings for every tourney and beat good players). JJ taught me a lot about Wolf and quit brawl. I have consistent top 5 results always and usually beat at least one ranked player per tourney.

I hate these ranking systems. No Wolf will argue for whose better. We are strongly opposed to ranking each other and just accept who is good based on results.

Ishieymoro for top 5 Wolfs though would be very funny.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Funny thread so far, haha.

Btw I'm the only technically power ranked Peach in my state at the moment. Food for thought.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
i shouldn't be on the falco list -_- i main mk now
This goes for MANY of the mid/low tier people on the list.
Half of the people up only use the character they're placed under once in a blue moon so many people have switched their old main for a higher tier character, even if they have placed good with them in the past I don't feel you should be up there for being good with that character in 2009.

Edit: I also can't really take this seriously without Hylian even being under the ICs...

milesg2g

Smash Champion
This goes for MANY of the mid/low tier people on the list.
Half of the people up only use the character they're placed under once in a blue moon so many people have switched their old main for a higher tier character, even if they have placed good with them in the past I don't feel you should be up there for being good with that character in 2009.

This is all based off of recent activity lol. Anyone that has switched to MK and placed obviously didn't place any higher than their regular character because they aren't much influence to the top 5 MK's. Except maybe Ally. And Lee who has fully switched to MK it seems

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is all based off of recent activity lol. Anyone that has switched to MK and placed obviously didn't place any higher than their regular character because they aren't much influence to the top 5 MK's. Except maybe Ally. And Lee who has fully switched to MK it seems
Accept that the list is wrong, please don't go and try to justify it.

Like putting Vex for bowser when he hasn't played him in over a year.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Like putting Vex for bowser when he hasn't played him in over a year.
Stuff like this.
I can name a few people on that list who hardly even use the respected character and I hardly even follow the smash community.
In was going to call them out but I don't feel like starting drama(for once).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf

1. Kain
2. Choice
3. AC <---- JJ Wolf isn't really active, so I dunno where he'd go, but Ish is definitely in here somewhere.
4. Seagull Man
5. Holmes
Verm, you are awesome and I love you (no homo), but... basically what Seagull said x__X Tbh I might make the list if I performed consistently and actually attended events regularly, but that's definitely very very far from the truth lol... One day, maybe, not for a while though. Definitely appreciate it though ;) We still have to get those matchup showcase videos btw ;D

JJ is relatively inactive but should still be considered because he's still pretty freakin' good. Isn't as up-to-date with the metagame as he could be, chokes occasionally (<3), but... it's JJ. Don't know what else to say :p

Those Wolf's listed are the only ones doing work at all Verm (By that I mean at least top 1st-7th placings for every tourney and beat good players). JJ taught me a lot about Wolf and quit brawl. I have consistent top 5 results always and usually beat at least one ranked player per tourney.

I hate these ranking systems. No Wolf will argue for whose better. We are strongly opposed to ranking each other and just accept who is good based on results.

Ishieymoro for top 5 Wolfs though would be very funny.
@ Miles, basically this (except not just with results, but yeah, it's fairly clear within the Wolf community who the top Wolves are). I'm sorry, I would love to help, but the downsides are just... way too much. It's not worth it.

The Wolf list is more or less accurate as is though, I suppose, if you're going off of consistent results and only NA players.

:059:

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
:facepalm: @ the list.

Where the **** is Nexus? Why the **** is yur Ness on there when even mine is better? WHY DOES THIS LIST SUCK?

o wait :I

:pichu:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Verm, you are awesome and I love you (no homo), but... basically what Seagull said x__X Tbh I might make the list if I performed consistently and actually attended events regularly, but that's definitely very very far from the truth lol... One day, maybe, not for a while though. Definitely appreciate it though ;) We still have to get those matchup showcase videos btw ;D

JJ is relatively inactive but should still be considered because he's still pretty freakin' good. Isn't as up-to-date with the metagame as he could be, chokes occasionally (<3), but... it's JJ. Don't know what else to say :p

@ Miles, basically this (except not just with results, but yeah, it's fairly clear within the Wolf community who the top Wolves are). I'm sorry, I would love to help, but the downsides are just... way too much. It's not worth it.

The Wolf list is more or less accurate as is though, I suppose, if you're going off of consistent results and only NA players.

:059:

did I play you at Ktar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom