• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I would love to know, why I am not on the Top 5 ZSS? Just a little curious! I'll prematurely subscribe to this thread for now.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Okay, just because someone has been placing well lately, doesn't make him a top player over someone who places well all the time. Get where I'm coming from..

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yer points are valid PF. But the comments you say people make are the same for me. As for dubs...dubs is a team effort. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to have a great static partner like you. This year has been used to get my name out there and get used to tournaments and I think I have been successful. We will see what happens in the future ;). My goals for this year are to make it out of singles bracket! haha and win a dubs regional or national. I believe in myself. I just need a partner who has dubs smarts(teamwork, team spacing, etc) and a high individual skill.

My point with my join date to the tourney scene is that I haven't gone to nearly as many tourneys. I would hope u would have more accomplishments. But in my mind accomplishments doesn't always mean someone is better it just means they had the opportunity and capitalized on it.

lastly, I don't really care either. The only reason my opinion was voiced was because of the topic of this thread. If I cared I would go into details backing my claim. But it's not that serious lolol.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Fonz higher on the list of ganons.

Felix may be taken off [for now], I haven't see hardly any results from him recently. If so then either me or AZ should be on.

Hunger may be taken off [for now] he's been inactive too, Ally should be #1 for Wario or #2 with Reflex still as #3.
Oh geez. I completely forgot about reflex in my post. My bad! Yeah reflex is definitely a top 5 wario.

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know I did bad results wise at Genesis, but I did work vs RAIN in pools, beat Havok in friendlies a few times, and did well vs a few top players in friendlies. I haven't heard of pentasalia in a long time...

Should be:

Vinnie
Zac(still?)
GIMR(dropping gaw?)
Vex
Alphicans

imo

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Why isn't Fonz the #1 Ganon? He won a tournament in Ohio using only Ganon... that's 5x better than anything me or Verm did.
I'd say he's earned a higher spot, but not #1 or #2. You need to remember that it's an uneven comparison between you and myself. He accomplished something neither you nor I have, but he was also in the presence of exceptionally favorable circumstances which we've never found ourselves in. I'm not undermining what he did either, as I said before, I'm just being objective. I'd like to see his performance in a standard tournament before I make any calls on it.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I was looking at the Olimar list. I guess I haven't noticed, but what results has Logic brought? I thought Dabuz was gonna be 2nd.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I'd say he's earned a higher spot, but not #1 or #2. You need to remember that it's an uneven comparison between you and myself. He accomplished something neither you nor I have, but he was also in the presence of exceptionally favorable circumstances which we've never found ourselves in. I'm not undermining what he did either, as I said before, I'm just being objective. I'd like to see his performance in a standard tournament before I make any calls on it.
How many times has mk stopped you in bracket?

and shlike deserves a spot on that zss list.

shlike>dakpo

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Why was Snakeee even on in the first place?

1. Nick Riddle
2. Dazwa (if you keep him)
3. Shlike/Dakpo/YBM

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Oh, you should also update the character order to match tier list 6.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Usually, I stay quiet about these things, because I honestly don't really care about being best lucas or whatever, but... every. single. time. someone brings up my name. you tend to get a little... defensive? I've never been one to say, "I'm the best blah blah". When people were saying I was the best before, I would say Galeon is probably better. When people would say i'm flat out better than you, I would say you're probably better in doubles, but every time you seem to feel the need to discredt me as if you have some personal vendetta against me, not to say you do, it just comes off that way.

As far as people saying you're better, that's cool. People say I'm better too. so... that solves nothing. when subjectivitity can't cut it, which it never should in the first place, then objectivitty is the way to go. I clearly have better results than you, In... everything. the one thing you have over me is a doubles win at a local. That's it. You'd be hard pressed to see me money matching. I almost never do, so people I don't play in tournament don't get to experience my lucas. When I play friendlies, I usually go Wario/falco/marth/diddy/MK/enter random character here, so still nobody plays my lucas. The only person I know that just thinks I'm horrible (that i've played in tournament) is Esam, because he played me at my worst [no johns though].

People aren't defending me because they are my friends, or in my region. They are defending me because you have no results. you never make it out of pools at any national. you underperform in doubles, though you claim how well you will do every time. You get your name around by doing well in MMs and playing friendlies, most of which end up being teams MMs/friendlies, which I will say you are good at, once again. Thing is I don't play any of the people you play, so when they say the best they've ever played, it's not that hard to be better than the few lucas mains that exist out there.

I don't care about being the best. I stopped caring for this game awhile ago. I play for fun mostly, and i don't even practice. I haven't had a wii for like a year. Still, you're still around my level? Something is wrong there. I usually only play at the few tournaments i attend.

The worst thing is when people will play you, then play me afterward, and laugh at the thought of you being better than I am. But maybe i should have kept that quiet as well, huh?

Tone down your confidence, please, because it's totally not warranted.
I've never seen you ever make a post this long or sincere. PF means business.
Yeah I understand, you're right. I didn't have any discussion considering your spot on the list
Who do you discuss with? Right hand, left hand, and your shadow? You change this list on a whim.
I know I did bad results wise at Genesis, but I did work vs RAIN in pools, beat Havok in friendlies a few times, and did well vs a few top players in friendlies. I haven't heard of pentasalia in a long time...

Should be:

Vinnie
Zac(still?)
GIMR(dropping gaw?)
Vex
Alphicans

imo
Gimr dropped :popo: awhile ago and only goes :gw: now and some :falco:.
I was looking at the Olimar list. I guess I haven't noticed, but what results has Logic brought? I thought Dabuz was gonna be 2nd.
Dabuz>Rich Brown>Logic. In that order. I don't know why Dabuz isn't first.

Y.b.M should also be on the :zerosuitsamus:'s list. Dazwa plays only :random: now. He hasn't been active.

For :wario:, Malcolm Mcnulty should be changed to MalCUM McNutty.

TKD quit brawl :awesome:.

What has Prince Ramen done for :pit: compared to Esca and Krystedez to warrent being above them?

i1337 should be #1 :dk2::troll:.

Speed hasn't played since Pound 5, but he is returning this Saturday (Though he isn't gonna enter singles).

How is Mr.Doom not 2nd best :ike:? Who is Ryo?

MIB doesn't even play :ness2: anymore. He goes straight up :wario:.

I'm not gonna argue for Pf to be above Mekos because I personally have extreme bias since I've lost about 3 sets to Pf in the past:c.

The :mario2: list should have 2fast, Matador, and Famous with Boss and Kirinblaze.

I'd say Noid should be first for :samus2: after he took a game from M2k and made it to CoT5 bracket, but he lost to Xyro in a 50$ MM :glare:.

San should be at least top 3 on the :jigglypuff: list. There is a vacant 5th spot, so add him there at least....

Ven should move above Linkz on the :zelda: list.

And for :wolf:, the list should be:
1. Kain
2. Seagull
3. Choice
4. Holms
5. Mcpeepants

-Seagull out

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Joe, I think Holms is better than you and his results impress more. Switch plz. Coolwhip is definitely a top 5 Mario btw.

:059:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Prince Rame is a FL Pit. I believe he won a tournament against HRNut(or got 2nd I forget. I uploaded the videos though lol). Honestly I think that's the only thing he has going for him. I don't think he's much active up there and he hasn't been to any regionals/nationals.

Ryo is a FL Ike. He's PR'd in Central FL. san had given his thoughts on the Ike list a long time ago and I think that's what Miles used. Ryo hasn't done a lot lately though(as far as I've heard). It wouldn't be unreasonable to move him down some imo.

Also I did say that Ven should be moved up. I thought Ed would say the same thing. I guess he hasn't checked in on here yet.

:rosalina:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ryo has taken sets off of a lot of good people in FL with Ike including Co18 and seibrik (I know he won one tournament beating a lot of good ppl, but I don't remember everyone)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I have no idea X, I haven't been paying attention to Zelda because other characters are actually more difficult than her as far as ranking goes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who the hell claimed that FOW used Meta Knight to any significant amount in tournament? He played through pools as Ness (including beating Shaky in Ness dittos during second pool), then played Ness in brackets until switching to Meta Knight against Razer to win the second game before getting destroyed in the third, ending his tournament run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom