• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Assuming all goes well, I won't have to see this school ever again and it's time to purchase a new controller. ;)

JFox

Smash Hero
So I was hangin with Eggm and Treble last night, it was a real good time. Should happen more often.

We recorded a bunch of matches, although Tim(Eggm) wasn't playin too hot. I played pretty well and was hoping some of my better matches, along with Treble's beast matches could go up. I'd like to see some of me on youtube, since all I've got is extremely old.

BTW if anyway is curious, neither me nor eggm could beat Treble in a set last night. (except when Eggm used Sheik on Treble's Marth) It was pretty nuts. His power shields are far better than ANYONE, including Cactuar or Wes. SO nuts.

Oh and I've stolen FD magic from Reik, as well as some of Treble's power shield powers. Being in Neptune automatically makes your Tune powers exponentially stronger.

Treble

Smash Cadet
Wow holy ****, I think I laughed the whole time reading Jfox's post. Can't forget those shine spikes on my Samus/Falcon, lol.

Definitely had a great time, and we definitely need to do it again! Maybe we can work something out with the basement this summer and play smash like mad! You know like having 2-3 setups instead of waiting........ :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wow holy ****, I think I laughed the whole time reading Jfox's post. Can't forget those shine spikes on my Samus/Falcon, lol.

Definitely had a great time, and we definitely need to do it again! Maybe we can work something out with the basement this summer and play smash like mad! You know like having 2-3 setups instead of waiting........ :)
QFT. specifically the last part. xD

Reik

Smash Ace
Mark, I'm coming for you son!
That so? Looking forward to it. =)

Michael JFox said:
It was pretty nuts. His power shields are far better than ANYONE, including Cactuar or Wes. SO nuts.
0_o WTF? Better than Wes? Wes powershields like 90% of the time! I can't wait to see this. I want to try out some new ideas I have for countering powershielding. :chuckle:

Michael JFox said:
Oh and I've stolen FD magic from Reik, as well as some of Treble's power shield powers. Being in Neptune automatically makes your Tune powers exponentially stronger.
Lol FD magic... some day I want to try teaming with M2K once so we can name ourselves "You Better Ban FD."

So, who's going to NEPA this weekend?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Tunes, we going to NEPA? I wanna go, i'll probably have my moms van, shall we take crews? :) MARK! come on aim. xD

Eggm

Smash Hero
I work friday.. uh, kev/corey aren't doing anything i'm pretty sure moo/reik you guys up for this stuff so we have a full crew? i'll have my moms van i can get you guys on the way.

Reik

Smash Ace
I work friday.. uh, kev/corey aren't doing anything i'm pretty sure moo/reik you guys up for this stuff so we have a full crew? i'll have my moms van i can get you guys on the way.
Yeah, we're up for it. I'll be back on AIM regularly on Friday.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If you can come on today (Thursday) that would be great so we can workout meeting you and such, since i work Friday and probably won't get in touch with you.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I work Friday night, uhh anyways confirmed with reik/moo about saturday morning for NEPA, treble/bass your hitting this up with us right? or at least one of you so we can do crews? :) Also.. You guys are gonna rock teams if you enter i hope you guys can come i'll talk to you laters probably.

JFox

Smash Hero
Xeo, you are always welcome to this thread in my book dude.Unfortunately I have any time for smashin this weekend, I've go work.

Eggm, how about friday afternoon before work?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Probably i'm not even sure if were playing tho lol, we were just planning on it, so i'll let you know after tonight, if he can't play i'll come play you tho.

Magus420

Smash Master
BTW if anyway is curious, neither me nor eggm could beat Treble in a set last night. (except when Eggm used Sheik on Treble's Marth) It was pretty nuts. His power shields are far better than ANYONE, including Cactuar or Wes. SO nuts..
Sounds like a challenge imo :lick:

Samus' and Marth's (and Roy's) powershields are glitched BTW, and extend WAY beyond where they should be with regards to their hittable areas making them extremely easier compared to other characters.

Magus420

Smash Master
If it's Samus vs Falco just shoot the lasers extremely low. Due to bad programming Samus doesn't have a unique crouching PS area, and it's near impossible to do if they are along the ground compared to being stupidly easy to do at any other height.

JFox

Smash Hero
Yeah, its funny we were actually just talking about how they are far easier to power shield with than most characters. I think Marth is probably easier than Samus.

But yeah, I'm not sure that its a glitch really. I think their shields are just really large, and since they are so slim, there is a lot of room between the character and the end of the shield. Also they are tall, so the taller the character, the taller the shield bubble. And since its a circle, not an oval, this means that their bubble would stick out furthest.

I'm curious what makes you think it is a glitch. It seems logical to me.

Edit: Oh and BTW, even when he used to use fox he always had pretty crazy power shields. Treble just has sick timing, and plenty of Eggm laser practice.

Magus420

Smash Master

With the exception of those 3, every other character's area adjusts and recenters to their character's core/center of gravity (you can see these in AR as gray circles at their center) depending on their position. That shows Samus, Marth, Ganon, and Falco there. Samus/Marth/Roy's are always in the same basic standing spot no matter how their hittable area is positioned. That's why it's a glitch.

Reik

Smash Ace
Good to know. o_o

Falco vs Samus is going to be too easy now... not only can Falco abuse the matchup with just two moves, but he doesn't even have to worry about powershielding if he shoots low. xD

I'm guessing the same trick works against Marth?

Magus420

Smash Master
Keep in mind it's gotta be really low, not just lower than normal height. It's also still possible to do it, just that it's far more difficult since it relies solely on the window of pressing the button (2 frames), instead of the window of a giant detached field it can pass through + the button pressing window. It works against Marth unless he's facing backwards where his PS is essentially broken. If you approach with a really low laser I would think Marth could fair over it and hit you too though. If Marths would actually make use of it they could face backwards and PS any air approach into an u-tilt with ease, esp since physical hits have an even larger window to press the button (4 I think).

Top Bottom