• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
wooow!!! front page news !
*sniff* i'm so proud ;_;

+ you guys are looking real good in that first match! when did ppro get any good? who is ppro?

+ does frost still play?? what about RAF?
when can i get training???????????????

+ does anybody still play brawl? :O is that game any good yet??
loool I am from South London and have been playing about a year and a bit now (nearly two years) I've got good about 6 months ago and from then I have pratically been up to par with Fuzzyness, VA and Frostbyte (I am better then ToS/Retroking/Edwin if you have ever heard of him lo) as you can see I beat Charles 3-1 at a Ranbat on saturday http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DrMHXJ_kE84&fmt=18. Frostbyte still plays a bit buthasnt attend much things lately, R&F are not around anymore but they were a the ranbat cos games like Street Fighter and GG were being played there. And hopefully I get to play you whenever lol, where about are you from and I think you are Jam and heard you were the best falco so hopefully we can get in a few good games if we ever see each other.

P.s Brawl sucks harder then ever and the majority of the good people are now playing melee, or both but the main point is that alot of people still play melee.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
safe bbill!!

safe ppro! i'ma have to lay down some old school wrath !! it's impressive how you got so good so quick though keep it up :D then train me up so i can beat you an everybody else :O

Aiko

Smash Champion
about Rebirth- I was talking to charles about this and we both agreed that we made a good impression and it's obviously paid off. Even though our games (smash) were fairly different to al the other 2D fighters and a lot of people didn't 'get it' the amount of people we had there spoke volumes. On the other hand I think the Neo empire people are class. They helped us out whenevr we needed it and even gave us some shouts on the mic. In fact I'd like to thank them but I can't go on the forums still

Jam- R&F were at rebirth at London. They say they're still around and willing to play smash ut they're a lot more busy so they can't attend fests as regularly anymore
i'll quote you on the rebirth thread

VA

Smash Hero
haha, epic fail charles.

In other news, we do need a ranking system sorted out, imo it's one of the most annoying things about the UK scene that we all know charles and Z are up at the top but beyond them people like AmcD, Myself, Pro, JO3 have no idea where we stand. Remember all those ****ing stupid arguments about seedings? Really it's high time we have some kind of ranking.

As I've seen it in effect and keep up to date with the BC power rankings (canadian province), I know a little bit how a panel system works and i think it's a healthy area of discussion for a community. It is important for the community to have 4 representatives who are not necessarily the best but know the game and the players of the community. Also it's worth noting that activity is relevant for a power ranking, i.e Jam5 is still pretty sick at the game but he hasn't attended a tournament in a while so we can't just plonk him at 4th because I say he's that good. We need a balance of people who play within the community regularly.

For ME personally this comes to the following people:

Fuzzyness

He's been to every tournament he can in the UK and then some. He plays with the London lot pretty much weekly and has seen us all play.

Captain Zeppo/Mr_P

Both play in most major tournaments, Mr_P might know slightly more about the game than Z but I know Z is pretty smart about smash bros melee.

VA

Not only because I'm really hot, but also because I've played the community as much as I possibly can since I've been around. The experience I've had in Canada has furthered my knowledge to a high standard. (Also I'm kind of inclined to disagree with charles which is probably a good thing haha).

AmcD/Aiko

Both of these smashers have been key in northern tournament hosting. They've played a lot of the best smash talent and I know them to be knowledable about the game.

Give me some feedback on this please everyone, if you think there are people way more suited than these 4 say so, try to be articulate with your response, don't use this as a chance to slate any of your fellow smashers.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Thanks for the recommendation but I don't want to be on the panel. I'm fine with Charles, V.A and either Z or P being on the panel.
As for someone from the NW I think it should be Ant. I know Joe and Will have both done a lot since joining the community and have been playing it longer than Ant and myself but since Ant has joined he has set up fests in Liverpool alongside with Ben and has hosted 3 tournaments with me as well. In addition he understands the game a lot and is always wanting to help when he can. Not saying Will and Joe don't do anything, I just think Ant would be a better person for the panel.

Mr P

Smash Ace
A decent post VA but sorry you know my stance on the whole ranking debacle and i would decline to be on a panel if asked upon and preferably not on a ranking list if one was made, i dont need to know what other peoples opinions are of my skill level.

COEY

Smash Lord
VA

Not only because I'm really hot, but also because I've played the community as much as I possibly can since I've been around. The experience I've had in Canada has furthered my knowledge to a high standard. (Also I'm kind of inclined to disagree with charles which is probably a good thing haha).

lol robby.

VA

Smash Hero
A decent post VA but sorry you know my stance on the whole ranking debacle and i would decline to be on a panel if asked upon and preferably not on a ranking list if one was made, i dont need to know what other peoples opinions are of my skill level.
That's not sensible lol, knowing others opinions of your skill is constructive, although I do understand that knowledge of your ability is sometimes and underestimation, I've been underestimated a heck of a lot. Also I think that the panelists would do a good job of covering the most knowledgable people in the community, and hence justify a good and balanced ranking system.

I really don't want to go ahead with it if there are key community members staunchly against it, I'd prefer to take a formal vote of some kind.

VA

Smash Hero
Nice ego. How about some more johns about TNJ2 :laugh::laugh::laugh: I can't believe how sad you are. Oh and lol about you being hot. You scare kids
You really don't understand forums do you? Or know me. Do you know me? Have you ever spoken to me about anything except smash? No, you haven't. You fail so hard at recognising sarcasm it's ridiuclous, as well as understanding humour.

Please stop personally attacking me or soon you will push me to retaliate as I will **** you up, you will having nothing to say in response and will probably be quite personally upset.

J03

Smash Master
I agree with Euan but i also trust everyone on the panel to give a fair diagnostic and personally i think Players should NOT be rated in numberical order, just into either top or high seed. it'll save some heartache imo.

i think rankings are important, and i'd like to mention that theres only one person whose played North and South players as of late.... Bellet Bun so his opinion might actually be needed at some point xD

As for the NW rep Ant would make the best NW rep imo too, i just argue pointlessly for the banter. Alan works and Unless Coey has some banter on the subject i choose ant.

Ben- Give VA a break lol

Other then that congrats to VA on being constructive and bumping this idea. Once the rankings are made i'm coming anyone whose above me ^_^.

GL to the panel

VA

Smash Hero
I don't really understand this post. rankings are important, but you agree with euan? you don't think we should be numerically ordered? erm...contradictory...

Anyway, basically I feel as if a lot of the community is having a negative reaction to this. If the panel members are up for it, we'll create one and see how it goes from there I think.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You really don't understand forums do you? Or know me. Do you know me? Have you ever spoken to me about anything except smash? No, you haven't. You fail so hard at recognising sarcasm it's ridiuclous, as well as understanding humour.

Please stop personally attacking me or soon you will push me to retaliate as I will **** you up, you will having nothing to say in response and will probably be quite personally upset.
loooool I enjoy this side of VA, he is a sex god and is talking sense, and sending enjoyable to read post and threats so keep it up.

Yeah that was well over the line Ben, you're actually a complete d!ck.
BAHAHHAA I dunno why I actually laughed sooo much at this comment, I guess its because I know you and Bullet Bill have had your disputes lately and are not too friendly with each other.

I don't really understand this post. rankings are important, but you agree with euan? you don't think we should be numerically ordered? erm...contradictory...

Anyway, basically I feel as if a lot of the community is having a negative reaction to this. If the panel members are up for it, we'll create one and see how it goes from there I think.
I hope this Ranking System gets put into play. I feel that some people dont want it on though cos they feel the position where they are placed may personally be used against them to insult them though.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
BAHAHHAA I dunno why I actually laughed sooo much at this comment, I guess its because I know you and Bullet Bill have had your disputes lately and are not too friendly with each other.

ROFL so you basically laughed so much.. for the banter?!?!?!?

My only real problem with rankings like this is that opinions kinda make it aimless. If its for points then you're actually battling for something I suppose, but essentially if it isnt then you battle for the recognition of others. And also, there has to be a line drawn in bias. You cant have me put Davemans above X, Y and Z because he lives 10 minutes from me, and you cant have people putting X, Y and Z above me because they've done well in London ranbats, despite an amazing Roy from me.

Its possible that it could end nasty, but if you guys think it'll help the community then I'll contribute, at least just for the banter of putting myself at 1st every month.

VA

Smash Hero
to Z, (still drunk)

If Davemans came to tournaments and we saw him play we could rank him, I won't rank swizzy high because he does good against me, it has to proved a little bit to someone else that knows. anyway I'm going to get this thing organised for a trial at the very least.

I LOVE SMASH SO MUCH.

VA IS DRUNK AND I THINK HE'S REALLY SEXY....!!!! WILL AND JOE I WANT TO PLAY YOU GUYS SO BAD, YOU LOOK GOOD AT THIS GAME NOW. ALTHOUGH WILL I THINK MY LUIGI IS BETTER AND I CAN TEACH YOU A THING OR TWO LOLOLOL

COEY

Smash Lord
VA IS DRUNK AND I THINK HE'S REALLY SEXY....!!!! WILL AND JOE I WANT TO PLAY YOU GUYS SO BAD, YOU LOOK GOOD AT THIS GAME NOW. ALTHOUGH WILL I THINK MY LUIGI IS BETTER AND I CAN TEACH YOU A THING OR TWO LOLOLOL
THAT'S KIND OF YOU TO SAY ROBS, IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY YOU TOO AS YOU ARE LOOKING SOOO SEXY IN RL. THAT'D BE COOL IF YOUR LUIGI WAS BETTER LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In all honesty this post is serious.

Aiko

Smash Champion
good post will :)

ok seriously, i say we form a panel before the global gaming tournament, have the panel discuss the results of said tournament as well as opinions on the top 16 players and then rank them.

J03

Smash Master

basically it doesnt matter who is 3rd best and 4th best, because there is only top seed and high seeds. so 3rd best and 4th best are essentially ranked the same. so wether or not VA is better the P.Pro doesnt effect the seed list because your both top seeds. capishe?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
basically it doesnt matter who is 3rd best and 4th best, because there is only top seed and high seeds. so 3rd best and 4th best are essentially ranked the same. so wether or not VA is better the P.Pro doesnt effect the seed list because your both top seeds. capishe?
I completely agree

VA

Smash Hero
Ok, well it doesn't matter, I think Aiko Z me and Fuzz are up for it. So I think I'll make a thread and then get this going :D

DevMBC

Smash Ace
man you don't need a panel for this, i know you love having your **** publicised robby lol it's good times but it's not necessary :/ the ratings = charles is no1 atm, ppro has skills, z's obviously devastation, robby's got canadian skills, j03 and will are awesome and will keep getting better :D an all the others fit where they do haha

you can reopen ranking discussion when i'm no1 ahha

'I will **** you up, you will having nothing to say in response and will probably be quite personally upset.' < that sounds like me being a **** to you ahaha

on second thought do what you guys gotta do :O

VA

Smash Hero
I just hate not having a ranking system, we have a competetive community so why not have rankings? I dunno I'm torn because so many people are against it and lethargic towards it that I may just not bother instead of doing what I want.

I haven't said anything to bullet bill, I'm just a bit sick of him taking opportunity he can to lay into me.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I ask why do we have a panel for the rankings and how come its only the best players? Not really representative of the whole community is it? Just a chance for the best players in the UK to have something to brag about.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Bullet Bill, isit that you feel that the ranking system is a system which is only really made for the best people in the UK while seperating the other players in the community which will lead to a community destruction?

VA, do you believe that our community is developed enough for us to have a ranking system and it will give the people in the UK a chance for them to feel like they have something to drive for and have a sort of board of achievement?

Top Bottom