• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure its speed if you wait to long to pummel it wont work i think.

because as soon as i grab bowser i start pummeling i don't wait a sec i just go at it and it registers everytume

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I'm about to make another topic on "More thoughts about advancing Samus".

In it I'm thinking of different things:

- I was watching some videos of HugS and he jab cancels very effectively. I tried it in Brawl and it works better than I thought.
- Abusing platforms with utilt/uair/nair -> jab reset -> punishment
- Studying a M2k match to formulate a plan on DESTROYING metaknights when we counterpick battlefield
- Getting innovative with tether gimps
- Abusing uair more.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Samus is better than we all thought... just did this neat thing, thought it was a fluke, but i kept happening... OFFSTAGE - FALLING Uair -> zair! it always connects baby! meaning that it's similar to meta's dair.

Samus is better than we all thought... just did this neat thing, thought it was a fluke, but i kept happening... OFFSTAGE - FALLING Uair -> zair! it always connects baby! meaning that it's similar to meta's dair.
:O Your right, it's actually a really nice string. Meta's dair is still to good D:.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
wait what?

do you have video of this i would like to see this

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
did every time I used it. almost always they will try and jump because you pushed them out too far, this will work a lot even against good opponents, might not work on meta but it should on everyone else, PLUS we should be able to recover as long as we did not FF the uair

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
This is pretty close to legit. Samus has wonderful frame advantage out of Uair.
However, to escape the foe must simply input a jump and then an air dodge. Thus performing a rising dodge.
That doesn't mean it isn't good though.

this is definitly better than those samus videos that are all spikes.
God i hate those videos.
Please don't double post. If you want to add more information, just edit it into your first post :3.

Anyway, quiksilver is beast. That's pretty much the story there x3

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i have been asking around and i cant get anybody too. ill still ork on it

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say a few things that most people don't know about Samus (although they will probably come as no surprise to Samus mains).

Uair beats Wario's Dair.
upB beats Wario's fart.
Zair makes PKfire explode.
Din's Fire doesn't have much priority. Throw out a move with a non-disjointed hitbox (I use strong hit of Nair) and the two will cancel out.

Just wanted to say a few things that most people don't know about Samus (although they will probably come as no surprise to Samus mains).

Uair beats Wario's Dair.
upB beats Wario's fart.
Now THAT I didn't know. Then again, I've only ever played one match with Wario, so I really know nothing about him.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

Uair beats Wario's Dair.
upB beats Wario's fart.
Zair makes PKfire explode.
Din's Fire doesn't have much priority. Throw out a move with a non-disjointed hitbox (I use strong hit of Nair) and the two will cancel out.
wow thanks for the info man i never faced a wario before so this will help one day

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
New tech thing?

A while ago, while I was in the Wifi waiting room,
I found I could do two Nairs in one shorthop.
Other moves that work with that are:
Bair
Uair
Only these moves don't work with this:
Fair
Dair

Here are the combinations of those moves that I've seen
work, and tried out(I'll give example followup moves[I guess] in "()" next to the combos):
SH=Shorthop
UpB=Epic

Uair>Nair(>Ftilt?/jab?)
Bair>Nair(>jab/UpB?/SH>any of these combos(?))
Bair>Bair(>Ftilt?/jab?/UpB?/SH>double Bair again(?))
Nair>Nair(>jab/Upb/SH>double Nair again(?))
Uair>starting hits of 2nd Uair(>UpB[Xyro's{?}favorite:bee:]/jab/any quick move(e.g.Dtilt))

If you think about it, there's a ton more moves you can do after the
2 aerials when you land, that I haven't listed.

This is a good thing, as I've found, but is it new AT to you guys?
I mean, for example, I SHbair, no fastfall, my foe shields, then
rushes me, and I pull a nair off just before I land, and either:
A. Shields again
B. Gets hit
C. Rush attacks(possible?)
I don't know if they have any other options. :confused:
Could someone clarify if they have options in that kind
of scenario?

Xyro77

I wouldnt call this a tech but if any of this combos then i applaud you. Any thing that will combo is ALWAYS welcome

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Try it on the sand bag, it should work in theory, and, for example,
I just played a ganon online. I did a SHbair, which missed, then nair, which hit.
I then fired a charge shot, for the game winning kill.

It works for me. Try it, Xyro.

I see what your getting at Mech, and the room for escape is REALLY small, like my own combo thing:

Dthrow > Uair > rising nair > fffair > upb. It's VERY hard to escape, as I've had it done to me, like Xyro said in my thread about dthrow, you can airdodge the uair, but if you read the airdodge, you can still perform another. Then the rising nair knocks the person far enough that even if they DI away, fair still hits, and then they get hit by upB.

I'll try out some of those to, they look very interesting.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Yeah, that's all I want. Just want people to try this, as I think
it's epic. And lol, that's a sick combo.

Yeah, that's all I want. Just want people to try this, as I think
it's epic. And lol, that's a sick combo.
Lol thanks xD.

Also some more theory crafting which I DESPERATLY want to try out. Jab > FFuair. When i go for my jab cancels, the opponent will always shield, now iirc, if we buffer the jab, we could get out of it quick and drop down with uair > upb, which is literally guaranteed to shield poke. Thoughts?

@Mr9, yeah thats true, but some options cannot be DIed or they risk getting hit.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks xD.

Also some more theory crafting which I DESPERATLY want to try out. Jab > FFuair. When i go for my jab cancels, the opponent will always shield, now iirc, if we buffer the jab, we could get out of it quick and drop down with uair > upb, which is literally guaranteed to shield poke. Thoughts?

@Mr9, yeah thats true, but some options cannot be DIed or they risk getting hit.
thats true well i'll try what you said here maybe tomarrow or the next day when i play with some friends.

Xyro77

the hitbubble video will also have EXACT frame data. No guessing or couning.......just EXACT data. relax, my boy.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
A while ago, while I was in the Wifi waiting room,
I found I could do two Nairs in one shorthop.
Other moves that work with that are:
Bair
Uair
Only these moves don't work with this:
Fair
Dair

Here are the combinations of those moves that I've seen
work, and tried out(I'll give example followup moves[I guess] in "()" next to the combos):
SH=Shorthop
UpB=Epic

Uair>Nair(>Ftilt?/jab?)
Bair>Nair(>jab/UpB?/SH>any of these combos(?))
Bair>Bair(>Ftilt?/jab?/UpB?/SH>double Bair again(?))
Nair>Nair(>jab/Upb/SH>double Nair again(?))
Uair>starting hits of 2nd Uair(>UpB[Xyro's{?}favorite:bee:]/jab/any quick move(e.g.Dtilt))

If you think about it, there's a ton more moves you can do after the
2 aerials when you land, that I haven't listed.

This is a good thing, as I've found, but is it new AT to you guys?
I mean, for example, I SHbair, no fastfall, my foe shields, then
rushes me, and I pull a nair off just before I land, and either:
A. Shields again
B. Gets hit
C. Rush attacks(possible?)
I don't know if they have any other options. :confused:
Could someone clarify if they have options in that kind
of scenario?
After bair and Uair you can also get off a zair which is pretty cool.

Regarding your scenario, few characters have a short enough dash that they can shield in time to block the nair. That being said they could easily out range the nair because you will be hitting from the back part of the nair (This means any long ground or aerial move). If you nair their shield, that's pretty much a guaranteed shield grab b/c nair has no shield stun. It's probably better to bair again because it has more shield stun and is safer on shield, unless you are doing a cross up in which case nair works just fine.

Also regarding rhyme's post about what moves beat what, I have recently found how uair goes past G&W's dair. Idk if this is known. and I may be wrong, but so far every match against a G&W if I get a uair out in time it has beaten his dair.

Xyro77

I CANT RELAX D:.

Seriously though, is it REALLY coming? :O
yes it is.

here is why it is taking SO long.

With most characters, you enter a code or 2 and BOOM, you can do all the moves and see the hit bubbles. Samus is different because you can only do hit bubbles for 4 moves at a time then enter new code for another 4 moves. It takes time. Also, bomb/cs/missles will have no hit boxes.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
lolwut? Why so complicated for Samus? Whatever it will be worth it. Have there been any ridiculous unknown hitboxes discovered yet?

Top Bottom