• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nothing that'll be truly "unknown", I assure you. And I do believe Samus/Zamus is one of the few characters who is coded differently. Then again, what do I know?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
yes it is.

here is why it is taking SO long.

With most characters, you enter a code or 2 and BOOM, you can do all the moves and see the hit bubbles. Samus is different because you can only do hit bubbles for 4 moves at a time then enter new code for another 4 moves. It takes time. Also, bomb/cs/missles will have no hit boxes.
why wont the projectiles have hit boxes?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Can you put the Tether Grab Cancel on the front page? I think thats an advanced tech or deserves a mention at least.

And btw, can you put ftilt tilted up and down in the hit bubbles? I believe when tilted down ftilt has a more disjointed hitbox..

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I already am crying tears of joys.

Did you know how much utilt wrecks MK's tornado if you hit him with your calf/thigh?
That's my new strategy, and I'd love to see the hitbox cause it looks a little disjointed.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Too bad utilt is too slow to beat out tornado. Although if Samus' titled up ftilt is disjointed enough, we may be able to beat nado. For example DK can beat nado with tilted up ftilt.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I just practiced utitlting my brother spamming tornado all day. What do you mean it's too slow?

I'm assuming you mean most MKs won't let you be standing on the ground facing them and try to approach with tornado. They would mix it up, which then makes it hard to use the move.

but if you know it's coming, Utilt knocks tornado nicely. And what I'm doing now is ALWAYS having a semi-charged (roughly ~ .80 seconds on the match clock) plasma shot on me to blast tornado if utilt is too slow.

Too bad utilt is too slow to beat out tornado. Although if Samus' titled up ftilt is disjointed enough, we may be able to beat nado. For example DK can beat nado with tilted up ftilt.
Tbh i'd use something far more practical then utilt to beat that out

I don't even need to see it to know what it's hotbox is like, it is freaking disjointed.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@Lance
Well that's what I mean. If you know it's coming then great utilt that ****. But you won't be able to beat out nado on reaction if you do not expect it. Is .8 sec the minimum charge to beat out nado? If not what is? And tell me the damage that, that cs does instead of how long you charge it for.

@Killer
Didn't you quote the wrong guy, lol? I was talking about tilted up ftilt, not utilt. Even then, my point was is ftilt's hitbox disjointed enough to beat nado (which is all I really care to know), not whether or not its disjointed. I'm thinking of testing this myself, but if you can please do, because there is a high chance I won't be able to test.

@Killer
Didn't you quote the wrong guy, lol? I was talking about tilted up ftilt, not utilt. Even then, my point was is ftilt's hitbox disjointed enough to beat nado (which is all I really care to know), not whether or not its disjointed. I'm thinking of testing this myself, but if you can please do, because there is a high chance I won't be able to test.
Read your own post dude. You even said utilt.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i would like to know why Utilt has more knock when used on a opponent in the air. should the knock back be the same?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It doesn't have more knockback. It has a different knockback angle.

For example, if you're on the ground, the knockback is strictly vertical because you get hit off the ground. Otherwise, depending on when the leg hits you, the knockback angle will change, but the strength will not.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I belive he said ftilt tilte dup.

And I tested in training mode, it CAN beat tornado, but oddly enough it's harder to break it than with utilt. The ftilt most extend her hitbox or something cause she gets sucked in a lot easier than she does with utilt.

Nair is also great when in the air, just like that person said haha.

Still it's great to know these things can break the nado. I feel more and more confident with each nugget of info. On the flip side, we cannot screw attack OOS nado. Just shield it all and then ftilt or soemthing.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Thank you for defending me Lance, honestly Killer what was that? lol
It's not surprising that ftilt would be harder to use. Although it is good to know we can break nado with a quick move. Did you try normal ftilt? I doubt it would be better but worth a shot.

Done. I know you go onto to talk about filt, but I was referring to UTILT. Now sit your *** down.

jk. We just misunderstood each other.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
I'm still surprised that we don't have a hit bubble video for samus yet. I realize that it takes several codes to do, but seriously, I've seen practically entirely new characters designed using PSA, and I can't see how this would take nearly as long. Seriously whats the hold up.

I also really want to get exact frame data, because I don't trust some of the stuff thats been posted, most of which is incomplete anyway. If I had the hardware to do it, this would be on the top of my list. Its a shame that its not as simple as debug mode with Melee.

Guys I would just like to note that hitbubbles for some characters are INACCURATE. The Sonics have proven this recently, so be sure to test these bubbles before you assume they are 100% accurate.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Even without the hitbubbles though, the frame data is severely lacking. I mean, we don't even know how long most of the moves take, any IASA frames, and DAIR is freaking completely missing from the list. Com'on people our frame data is so sad. :(

-----------

Also here is a missle technique that is not listed that hardly anyone uses, but was found along while ago by POOB

*Mixed Double Missile

How to Perform: Jump and immediately do a homing missle, and then as you're falling, do a smash missle. Or jump and do a smash missile, and as you're falling, do a homing missile.

Additional Information: The timing on this is very difficult, but its easier if you have z set to jump, that way you can press z and b almost simultaneously when you're starting, making that first missile come out sooner. This will give you more leeway to shoot the smashed missile

Video(s): Missile Taming, part 1 skip to 0:46

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I second the frame data request. It's severely lacking compared to other character boards. Somebody request a known frame data person and see if they will do it.

I use FH double missile, you just don't know me man.;) I find it useful though to replace the second missile with something else. Zair is always a good option, don't really feel like stating all you can mix up with, but you should check it out.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so i just got this MASSIVE urge to do something for samus.

Im going to go through the front page and find all the videos that dont exist anymore and will redo them and add them to the front page. I am also going to make some vids of BASIC combos so people can SEE how they are done and how much % they do. I also have figured out how to do that boost ball tech a bit easier so ill make a vid of tha too. Hit boxes im still waiting on( i doubt it will happen) but as for frame data i will do that by myself. Ill post all of this very soon.

Any thing else?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I think you got everything covered. Thank you, sir, looking forward to that frame data.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Hit boxes im still waiting on( i doubt it will happen) but as for frame data i will do that by myself.
Have you tried using the Smash Attacks program? It won't give you pictures but you can derive the longevity and "size" of hitboxes from the data it provides.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I got such a weird *** KO today. I fully charged my F-smash against a Falcon for the lulz, but he was on the left platform on BF. He didn't duck down yet I somehow hit him with it. Not sure if I got a replay, but I'll try to recreate it. I was tilting it up, but I didn't think it was that much of a difference.

So Xyro.... does you have the video up yet? D:

I swear Samus has a disgusting disjoint on her dair, I've been landing some outrageous hits recently x.x

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
So Xyro.... does you have the video up yet? D:

I swear Samus has a disgusting disjoint on her dair, I've been landing some outrageous hits recently x.x
i agree with you man sometimes i spike people to side of me and every now and than i will spike someone on top of me.

Top Bottom