• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
k, I combo I use lots, works well on low percents, jab to D smahs,, but like use it when they are proped in the air. sopunds short now, but you can running A into this, you can missile cancel (anything) into this, you can N air FF into this. there's a lot of things you can do into this, and after it open up a z air wall, or missile wall.

This is a good move to use to startle an opponent, to get them away form you to start camping, either again or just starting.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I got a question for you guys.

1. When i take a snap shot of something, how do i get it to my computer?
2. Once question 1 is answered i will take snap shots(or if you guys want to it would help me out alot) of all of samus moves and add them to the frame data section.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I got a question for you guys.

1. When i take a snap shot of something, how do i get it to my computer?
2. Once question 1 is answered i will take snap shots(or if you guys want to it would help me out alot) of all of samus moves and add them to the frame data section.
Load your snapshots onto your SD card and put that in your computer. After that, put them in a snapshot decrypter (google it or something) and then itl make a file of the snapshot for you.

Xyro77

load Your Snapshots Onto Your Sd Card And Put That In Your Computer. After That, Put Them In A Snapshot Decrypter (google It Or Something) And Then Itl Make A File Of The Snapshot For You.
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: k i found this website that takes the snapshots and makes them able to be saved on your cpu but the site doesnt work. Or at least it wont read my .bin file. Figures

edit 2: i got it to work. ill add the photos to the front page in a day or 2.

Xyro77

I just added pictures to ALL of samus's moves. I also added 3 videos(hyphen smash/pivot grab/shield grab). if i have missed anything or you think something else should be on the front page, please let me know.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
So, the other day I was playing with another Samus Main, Pope to be exact, we went lylat for Samus dittos, and I did a ledge grab cancel there. it was ********. The stage was tilted downward with me below it, I then Up B'd and i "edge teched" as I call it (sounds cooler!) so I figured I'd let you all know this

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, the other day I was playing with another Samus Main, Pope to be exact, we went lylat for Samus dittos, and I did a ledge grab cancel there. it was ********. The stage was tilted downward with me below it, I then Up B'd and i "edge teched" as I call it (sounds cooler!) so I figured I'd let you all know this
That was with me, actually. I distinctly remember you saying "Wow, I didn't know you could do that on that stage!"

But, yeah. Maybe we should test what stages you can and can't ledge cancel on.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
duude totally was. sorry man I forgot about that.
maybe, it'd be cool to actually use that tech hey? make her ledge game that much more intense

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
duude totally was. sorry man I forgot about that.
maybe, it'd be cool to actually use that tech hey? make her ledge game that much more intense
The difficulty lies in determining where on the stage it's done. The location varies by stage, and it usually requires pixel-perfect precision. Trying to find out how it works on Lylat Cruise is going to be a pain, because the stage is constantly tilting.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think it can only be done when there's a lip blocking hand access to the ledge that you grab.

like on FD theres that mini ledge blocking contact. it happened on Lylat when the stage was fully tilted and I was underneath the tilted side

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, the first few seconds (6 - 9 secs) in the video "How good is TAC" shows the Super Missile doing 11% damage to Donkey Kong, and that was the second hit.

Xyro77

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the training mode keeps things refreshed only up to a certain level? You think maybe it starts count as if you started using the attack for the second or third time in a set of attacks?

Xyro77

Perhaps the training mode keeps things refreshed only up to a certain level? You think maybe it starts count as if you started using the attack for the second or third time in a set of attacks?
Training mode keeps ALL moves fully refreashed no matter the numner of times you use the attack.

Super missle may be one of those attacks that do 10.1% damage and after about 10 of them it actually shows 11%

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
If you perform a double missile and they both hit, does the missile stale?

I always knew this because of the Samus/DK, D3, Bowser match-up and figured that

A) Because they hit in such rapid succession, the move does not stale and

B) Super Missile does about 10.5% damage.

I came to this conclusion because performing and successful double super missile always does 21% when fresh. Although, i'm not familiar with the staling system and perhaps the hits are not quick enough that the second missile stales, in which case it could be 10.7% and 10.3%, etc.

Or it could be some property where after being hit by a Super missile, damage is amplified. This last one is just a guess and wishful thinking. lol

Xyro77

Super missles do 10.5% damage. i tried a few things. but it has to be fully refreshed. this makes me wonder about ALL moves now.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Well now that you've confirmed one part of what I said, does that mean the other thing I said remains true? Meaning the time frame for moves to stale isn't that big?

Bimz

Smash Cadet
xyro, whatever happened with your superwavedash discovery? or was that a joke. im not good at catching on to that kinda thing. :urg:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Xyro don't get into it man, too much work for you. The move %'s are good where they are, if any of happen to find something that's wrong we'll let you know.

Pretty sure it's the same game with the same numbers, but honestly I woudln't know, never played an American game of smash :(

funny enough I get the 11 more times than I care to remember, I've always thought it was 11 lawl, guess I'm just lucky

Xyro77

xyro, whatever happened with your superwavedash discovery? or was that a joke. im not good at catching on to that kinda thing. :urg:
Its not a super wave dash. i mean i guess you could call it that but its not what i would call it.

im going to explain it to you and i want you guys to test it out on your own because maybe yall can do it better than i can.

1. Drop a bomb

2. RIGHT as you are about to land, buffer a HADOUKEN(quarter circle) the way you were originally facing

3. watch

MOST OF THE TIME, you will just dash. HOWEVER, some times you will flat out slide the length of your grab range. You can smash/tilt/jab/grab out of this slide. Please try this and report back here if you get it. Im getting it like one out of every 25 tries. maybe my hands aint built to do it.

Hive

Smash Lord
that's a pretty kwl find. I'll try to work with it and see what I can find, kk? ^^
I've been really trying to figure out a way to cancel out of the screw attack too...

Miles.

Smash Champion
Its not a super wave dash. i mean i guess you could call it that but its not what i would call it.

im going to explain it to you and i want you guys to test it out on your own because maybe yall can do it better than i can.

1. Drop a bomb

2. RIGHT as you are about to land, buffer a HADOUKEN(quarter circle) the way you were originally facing

3. watch

MOST OF THE TIME, you will just dash. HOWEVER, some times you will flat out slide the length of your grab range. You can smash/tilt/jab/grab out of this slide. Please try this and report back here if you get it. Im getting it like one out of every 25 tries. maybe my hands aint built to do it.

keep at it.

sound like you know what the imput is you just need to learn how big or small the window of input is.

can you use this to slide off a platform or edge of the level?

EDIT

also vids or it didnt happen

and we all know you can make vids

so make it happen.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Let's debate a name for it, then.

• Super Wavedash - For old times' sake.
  • Boost Ball - For the Metroid reference.
  • Bomb-sliding - So we can finally say "Samus is BS" in a good way.
  • HADOUKEN - For the lulz.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I still find it awesome that two of my videos are in this Database and yet none of Sauna's are. ^_^

/trolling through the park one day...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
who in the **** is Sauna? :\ maybe if she posted here every now and then we might add her lol. unless Sauna is Hive in which case she just needs ot PM vids to Serris

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sauna is sauna as Jasona is Jason A. Who's also gone by aun but never Aun. But Jasona is to Sauna as sauna is to jasona.

Also "she's" a he. But continue referring to him as a she, it's funnier that way. ^_^

But seriously, sauna works differently then most. Things he finds monumentally important other people tend to ignore. Which of course leads to his posts being either vastly ignored, or somewhat off topic. So naturally he reserves himself when it comes to posting.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Fastfalled Uair + FTilt (down) + Dashattack/Downsmash/Uair found by me (?)
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VaZ0pH6ExI

What do you say?

Edit: Another Combo, that I presented here before.
It's just styler ****, cause it's difficult to perform it.
Nair + Bomb + Charge Beam
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBd_vZklfds

Another Combo: Super Missile + everything
Use more Super Missile! Really. (Supermissile + dair at the edge is sexy, and + Charge Beam, too.)

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Very nice find! I used to have problems trying to link together d-mash after u-air because they shielded and just stuck to u-air->up+b.

Tilting f-tilt down... who woulda thought...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The 2nd one I've played with in training and in the waiting room, but I figured that people could find a way to get out of it. Seems that perfect prediction and timing are key.

The 1st is simply sexy. Good on ya, mate.

Top Bottom