• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Samus Video

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I hope you enjoy, this took me a few hours to make:

Enter the Samus
As always, the song is referenced in the credits, after which there's a bonus clip.

This video was inspired by people asking what to do when they don't have someone to play against, as well as my desire when I was first picking up Samus to have a video like this.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support, I look forward very much to playing Brawl with all of you.

Edit: Just noticed this was the 1337th thread in misc videos forum:

PA Player Finder

Smash Rookie
Renth here:

Love it Dave it's great stuff can't wait to play you again soon

Note:

both of my accounts are banned right now you know why and it's stupid but whatever =) Good **** man see ya soon

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Nice pivoting. I thought the platform cancels were sick too. I'm kinda suprised thats not a more widely used technique in the community. Awesome vid as usual. How many samus skill vids is that now? Like 15? Keep em coming.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
cough, an alaskan sage showed me the battle field wall trick many a year ago. the scriptures have been stolen!
psh you werent even playing smash many a year ago.

good stuff phanna, i especially liked the hylian lowrider mastery and the walk off the edge to edgegrab

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That pivoting was the ****. I'd like to see someone actually doing a pivoted Utilt, though. I've wanted to see one ever since I saw you talking about them here.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I made the video pretty quickly, and there are a few things that occur to me I could've added, I'll list them here:

• Pivoted tilts, up-tilts
• Shield-dropping (and the impossible shield-drop platform cancelled nair)
• Turnip jumping
• "Grapple SWD"
• and misc glitches like bombing foes through Corneria

You used AR right?
Action Replay disc, yes, to be able to film with just one character on screen. I didn't use debug mode or frame-by-frame in any clip at all, which wouldn't be able to have sound, taunts, or c-stick usage.

So if you're asking if I did all this stuff myself, real-time, the answer is yes.

Lyanth

Smash Rookie
CAN I HAVE YOUR BABIES?

... no, seriously, though, thats amazing! teach me all your secrets, and i might be serious about the above statement... >.>;

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
**** Phanna, you got that technical **** on lock

Stock cancelling is amazing

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is the best thread. Ever. The most 1337 one, too. I'd say phanna is the Samus with the best tech skill, but I know nothing about that kind of thing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
...or pick IC's, even though you told me you don't play them, and wobble and desync them until you get punched in the face.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'd say phanna is the Samus with the best tech skill, but I know nothing about that kind of thing.
Tech skill is nice...I prefer good mindgames, but tech skill works. 'Specially when you've got as much as Phanna.

Too good, phanna.
Agreed.

How do you do the grapple extension?
Press "Z" or "R/L + A" to grab;
press up, down, up on the D-pad;
press "Z" or "R/L + A" again.

You need to have input step three before the grapple beam has fully extended otherwise it won't work.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Tech skill is nice...I prefer good mindgames, but tech skill works. 'Specially when you've got as much as Phanna.

QFT. Mindgames + tech skill = WIN. So phanna has the tech skill part down.

Top Bottom