• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Un-Nerf Kirby Thread!

icymatt

Smash Lord
The Cape/Flying ability was in Kirby's Adventure as well. But it should not replace the cutter, which is one of Kirby's better known abilities. As is the hammer and the stone (which is why they're his B attacks).

The 'yellow boomerangs' are just the 'normal' form of what Kirby's UpB is based on.

Kirby already uses his Fighter attacks, that what his normal A is based on.

And Meta-Knight would not use the cutter as his UpB. If they don't make up one from scratch, they also have an attack that Meta-Knight used in Kirby Super Star that would prefectly as his recovery.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
I love that fuggin pink ball of awesomeness. Did anybody here every play, " Kirby's Dreamland" for the Gameboy? OLD SCHOOL PPLZ. I thought it was interesting that Kirby was white on the gameboy cartridge x.x...and of course, the infinite jumps =3. Not to mention...you can't deny the 8 bit music; I could DDR to that in Heavy Mode, I swear =).

Sorry for the random post. What can I say? Kirby is my hero =)

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Kirby doesn't need powers. He can just kirbicide King Dedede (God your sig is awesome, lol. It is four stocking me as I speak.)
but srsly, did anyone else play kirb then? * for the gameboy* ?

greyspot

Smash Rookie
all his stuff should stay the same. he just needs some stat tweaking. He ruled in SSB64 and hes still a favorite character, It's just so hard to use him now.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if Kirby will be better because they made Kirby and Pikachu the best in ssb64 and they made Fox and Falco the best in ssbm so its kind of hard to tell who will be the best in brawl. It will probably be one of the original 8.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Kirby will be better because they made Kirby and Pikachu the best in ssb64 and they made Fox and Falco the best in ssbm so its kind of hard to tell who will be the best in brawl. It will probably be one of the original 8.
YOSHI FOR GOD TIER!

*cough* Sorry...

-Kirby-

Smash Rookie
Yea, Kirby is a hard character to play with in Melee but I've managed to pull him off. I think he's going to rock in Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I say Kirby's toward B should be an attack with a weapon depending on who he sucked up. For instance, if he sucked up King Dedede then he would have the hammer. Maybe if he sucked up Bowser he would use a chain chomp. Kirby would just need a default medicore weapon for toward B until he got the power.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Isn't getting a new B move the whole point of Kirby copying?

Yup.

But with this idea his B move and toward B move would change. His toward B move however, would not be a move another character has. It simply would mock the theme of that character and give Kirby a new weapon toward B instead of the hammer.

So for instance let us say Kirby has his hammer as the generic toward B from Melee. Let us say Kirby swallows Bowser. He will gain Bowser's hat, will be able to breath fire by pressing B, and now if toward B is pressed, lets say Kirby will pull out a chain chomp and swing it upwards, the chomping ball biting anyone above Kirby. If used in the air lets say Kirby would swing the ball downwards, gaining a meteor smash.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Oooo, I like Bowserlick's idea.

It basically implies that Kirby not only copies other people's moves, he gets unique >B attacks depending on who is swallowed.

So, he absorbs Mario. Stationary B means Fireball, and Forward B, instead of Cape, gives him a tail-slap ala Super Mario Brothers 3.

It would mean that not only was Kirby unique, AND he got other people's moves, but combining them gives him his own unique move.

Kick ***.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Many Nintendo characters have so many moves from their games that can't all be represented in Smash. But if Kirby had his toward B he could get the leftovers. That way there is more representation and Kirby suddenly has more strategy added to his game. Plus its neat.

But as SSJ4Kazuki said, it would be alot of work to give Kirby lets say 30 different toward B moves (actually 60 because they might do something diff in the air like Kirby's hammer). And since these moves could only be used in certain situations it may really not be feasible to do this idea.

Samochan

Smash Master
Mmmm, I like this idea very, very much. :3 Why not make an entire B set of moves for him to use when he copies stuff? That would overwork the developers (plus omnigamer for finding all the uses for each one), but these powers could make or break each and every one of kirby's matchups. Like, in a scenario versus Bowser, kirby can just copy him and turn the tables, since Bowser has a very tough time to get around the flame. Add flame cancel and you have the best weapon vs bowser ever. Surely, kirby could use the neutral B moves like he does on ssbm, straight copy, but the other B moves could be unique. Kirby could otherwise be quite broken, just imagine Kirby with missiles, bombs, screw attack, shine... you name it.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Yeah, how about no.

This is starting to sound like Ky from Guilty Gear. Every edition he becomes better, or complete ****. The devs can't make up their mind.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Mmmm, I like this idea very, very much. :3 Why not make an entire B set of moves for him to use when he copies stuff? That would overwork the developers (plus omnigamer for finding all the uses for each one), but these powers could make or break each and every one of kirby's matchups. Like, in a scenario versus Bowser, kirby can just copy him and turn the tables, since Bowser has a very tough time to get around the flame. Add flame cancel and you have the best weapon vs bowser ever. Surely, kirby could use the neutral B moves like he does on ssbm, straight copy, but the other B moves could be unique. Kirby could otherwise be quite broken, just imagine Kirby with missiles, bombs, screw attack, shine... you name it.
now that idea is REALLY UNLIKELY. Think about it, there are going to be a guestimate of 40 characters in Brawl. If Kirby gets 4 different moves each time, that's 160 moves they'll either have to think up or change to fix Kirby's physique. I may be a purist, but I think that Kirby should only copy the Nuetrel B move to replace his B move, not EVERY B move, or he'll be a copy of every other charcter every other fight. You're fighting and get knocked off, you hover but don't quite make it, and you go to use final cutter, but instead use Yoshi's Egg or sing.Think about it, sure, it's plausible, just not likely IMO.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My idea was just the toward B changes. The toward B first is just the hammer. But when Kirby copies someone the weapon changes to match the characters playstyle. Thus Kirby after swallowing Bowser may get a Toward B chain chomp swing to mimick Bowser's slow but strong style.

Even still this is a strech because Kirby would need two versions of each weapon (ground and ariel like the hammer) and would need one for every character.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I have a better idea.

Instead of making Kirby a clone-machine, why don't they add in TAC as well as King Dedede? Remember TAC? The bandit helper from Kirby Super Star, that you could make after getting Copy? He stole people's powers and had none of his own, and he could even discard them?

It'd be like Olcadan (SCIII) or Charade (SCII) from Soul Calibur.

Samochan

Smash Master
Anyone bothering to read my post thoroughly? I said that when kirby copies some character, he'd get his entire B moves replaced by the copied characters theme, not the actual B moves. His B move should be the same as the character he copied, but his down B, up B and foward B should be different and original, but following the theme of the character (like when you copy bowser, instead of koopa claw you transform into a koopa shell and woosh around the arena like yoshi's egg roll). Hate this idea if you must, but at least imply that you actually understood what I said before refering to my post. Not like anyone uses his B moves anyway cept for recovering and occasional hammers, Kirby's style is revolving more around his A-attacks than anything else. >.>

Top Bottom