• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Offical MLG Ruleset Discussion

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I just wanna know who's gonna win this thing.
And the out come of the top 10. If it's actually different and some what diverse I guess the ruleset isn't that bad

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
And the out come of the top 10. If it's actually different and some what diverse I guess the ruleset isn't that bad
Evo 2k8 had an interesting rule set that had a ROB win, a Marth in 2nd, and a Falco in third. /saltonwounds

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
It its different that would mean it was bad actually. Since the top players m2k ally adhd wouldnt have gotten far making the rules anti competitive @_@.

Veril

Frame Savant
The first thing I thought when I saw the ruleset was "Why does MLG hate Diddy Kong so much" and then "Way to ignore established precedent with stage-lists".

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Change isn't always a bad thing. I personally think our starter set has been too skewed towards characters who are good on neutrals. Why should they get a distinct advantage for Game 1 that other characters don't?

T-block

B2B TST
The word "neutrals" is misleading. I think we should stop using it to refer to starter stages.

The new stage list isn't actually that radical, Veril. If we compare it to the recommended SBR ruleset, the most radical change is actually the banning of Jungle Japes.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Change isn't always a bad thing. I personally think our starter set has been too skewed towards characters who are good on neutrals. Why should they get a distinct advantage for Game 1 that other characters don't?
While this is somewhat true, there are characters who completely dominate certain stages that were added. Snake on halberd? MK on Delphino?

Now, do not get me wrong. I actually like the new starting stages, but I believe that it can be improved by eliminating delphino and halberd. By having 7 starters, it shows more balance without giving a complete dominate choice for just 1 character.

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey I was just wondering would it be terribly difficult to make a wired version of wii chuck and wii classic. It doesnt seem to me like it would be even if u had to do something as basic as wiring a wii classic or wii chuck to a gamecube controller lol obviously motions smashes wouldnt work but it seems like a plausible idea.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Are you discussing this from Nintendo's POV or from a frustrated Wiichuck user who wants to do MLG?

If it's the former, I don't think it would be THAT difficult, but it would obviously require them to release a new product.

As for the latter, good luck with that. >_>

Judo777

Smash Master
Are you discussing this from Nintendo's POV or from a frustrated Wiichuck user who wants to do MLG?

If it's the former, I don't think it would be THAT difficult, but it would obviously require them to release a new product.

As for the latter, good luck with that. >_>
I was saying from nintendo or MLG's POV but i dont think it would be very hard. I had a buddy who wired a wii mote so that his friend with 1 arm could play so i don think its that hard.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I was saying from nintendo or MLG's POV but i dont think it would be very hard. I had a buddy who wired a wii mote so that his friend with 1 arm could play so i don think its that hard.
It's possible MLG could get Nintendo to produce specialty wired Wiimotes, like they did for PS3 controllers, but considering their level of co-operation thus far with MLG, I'd call it unlikely, especially since it isn't a matter of necessity.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
It's possible MLG could get Nintendo to produce specialty wired Wiimotes, like they did for PS3 controllers, but considering their level of co-operation thus far with MLG, I'd call it unlikely, especially since it isn't a matter of necessity.
The difference is that Sony specifically told MLG not to use their wireless controllers and so made these special controllers strictly for MLG use. I would put the chances of Nintendo doing something similar around 0%...especially since they won't even sign off on VoD.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I'm still not sure why Luigi isn't banned yet. Clearly he needs to be removed from all competitive play.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The difference is that Sony specifically told MLG not to use their wireless controllers and so made these special controllers strictly for MLG use. I would put the chances of Nintendo doing something similar around 0%...especially since they won't even sign off on VoD.
Thanks for the clarification, I was unaware Sony had asked them to use the wired. Changes it completely, since I agree with you on Nintendo not ever doing that.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Nintendo's probably laughing @ the idea of this game being played competitively in the first place. They didn't intend for it to be a competition imo. But that's what ever. I can also see Nintendo a little upset on the competitive side since a large portion of this comm. use hacks and what not to modify the game. And after losing a lawsuit on customizing your own console even if it's DL'ing firmware and what not I can see them being a little salty about making "specialized" controllers for competitive game. where as Sony actually expects their fighters and FPS' to be a competition

Top Bottom