• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I can't help but lol at the ending.
God I need to work on my marth.
Anywho, my wii code is: 3738 2516 3545 4750

Thanks again. =]
Yeah, Im gonna upload the Metaghey one specifically because Metaknight is such an important matchup to review. Otherwise, like I said before, you can play me anytime ^_^

Just in case you didn't notice, mine is...6786 1153 4949 1376

Just follow what people say here and you should be fine.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lmao, nice way to win and fail at the same time feardragon. Not a bad watch. ZMT, your snake is a lot more conservative with the tilts and grenades and such. (i got a good laugh outta watching you poke away at each other with jabs and tilts) I definietly want to face you at least once when i have time.

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Ummm can we just have people aim screen name to contact instead by this thread? but anyways I would like to leave my aim sn here and you can contact me around 11pm ish to play (i work in a yogurt shop like yogurt land, red mango and pink berry) my sn is jays0nnn and it's nice to meet you guys *shake everyone's hands*

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If anyone wants a wifi critique feel free to AIM/MSN me or message me. I have more then enough time to help...its my duty lol.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Lol, hey ZMT, you probably didnt realize it but i fought you yesterday on wifi along with Feardragon. Those were some nice lulz. I want you to critique me today if its not too much trouble.
Oh that was you? Who were you? Ill critique you, just post a vid ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ehh, I guess I could use some training patners. You can count me in guys. Just IM me if I'm on, if not you can find me on the PT boards, I got an online thread there, you can drop me a line if you wana fight me.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
:16- Should of finished your dancing blade, I dont know why you stopped, perhaps lag.

:21- Dont rely on DDB4 (down dancing blade 4th hit), you can DI out of that and get punished easily. If you really want to use it, use it on heavier opponents.

:38 to :44- You start randomly throwing out aerials instead of retreating and making space, a poorly spaced dtilt gets you grabbed. He leads into a whorenado because you used a fair instead of air dodge to shield.

:51- You missed dancing blade and continued using it into a DDB4. You then got punished. If you miss your dancing blade's first hit, STOP.

:54- Uair to Fsmash both missing, in a matchup vs MK you need to use retreating fairs and dtilts to wall him out of your range. You want to keep him outside of your blade. If he gets inside it, your gonna get *****.

1:08- Bair, to fsmash? You dont use enough fairs and tilts and your letting MK get inside you again.

1:23- Bad, you used a dancing blade in the air. You were too close to attack anyway, should of retreated. I know your probably not used to playing campy with Marth but its needed against MK.

1:36- Ran into his dsmash, you need to stop rushing so much. Its your mentality that is hurting you here.

1:50- Whiffed fsmash = punished. Don't use Marth's fsmash so much. Up b out of your shield is a better option vs MK. Dsmash is good too, but dont spam it.

1:58- Lack of retreating your fairs gets you KO'd. When you fair, use the control stick to DI backwards. It keeps you far safer.

2:12- By staying in the center of the stage and not retreating, you are letting your opponent take advantage of his invincibility frames and attack you for free. Stay away from MK.

2:38- Approached with Short hop double fairs, dont do that ever. Especially vs MK.

2:46- More random aerials and a Fsmash, this is the third or fourth time you did this and got punished.

3:18- Wow that was a predictable fsmash lol, glad you countered it, nice work.

3:40- Good use of platforms, it seems that the MK is giving up.

3:43- You really shouldn't try to edgeguard MK but you were ahead a stock so it wasnt that bad I guess.

Your Marth isn't bad, I would say you are better then that MK. All he really did was tornado and ftilt so yeah. I would use up b out of your shield to help you with finishing opponents. You didn't grab the entire Match. Work on creating walls with fairs instead of randomly throwing out aerials. Do you use the c-stick to use fairs? If you dont I would get accustomed to it, that way you can DI with the control stick at the same time. If you played a better MK you probably would of lost. Mix up your approach and play more defensive and you ll be fine (watch other Marth videos to see what I mean), thanks for posting ^^

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I was the person with "Nate" or "Marth" floating over their head. I switch names for marth to turn on tap jump. If you saw a Lucas, Wolf, Link, Lucario, or Marth, chances are it was me. (Btw, i lol'd at your "Fair Spam" taunt).

About the video, I'm go good at uploading them. I have a 1v1 of me and Feardragon saved, but i gotta send it to someone to upload it for me.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Backlash, wanna play right now? I'll add+host when you post.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
:16- Should of finished your dancing blade, I dont know why you stopped, perhaps lag.

:21- Dont rely on DDB4 (down dancing blade 4th hit), you can DI out of that and get punished easily. If you really want to use it, use it on heavier opponents.

:38 to :44- You start randomly throwing out aerials instead of retreating and making space, a poorly spaced dtilt gets you grabbed. He leads into a whorenado because you used a fair instead of air dodge to shield.

:51- You missed dancing blade and continued using it into a DDB4. You then got punished. If you miss your dancing blade's first hit, STOP.

:54- Uair to Fsmash both missing, in a matchup vs MK you need to use retreating fairs and dtilts to wall him out of your range. You want to keep him outside of your blade. If he gets inside it, your gonna get *****.

1:08- Bair, to fsmash? You dont use enough fairs and tilts and your letting MK get inside you again.

1:23- Bad, you used a dancing blade in the air. You were too close to attack anyway, should of retreated. I know your probably not used to playing campy with Marth but its needed against MK.

1:36- Ran into his dsmash, you need to stop rushing so much. Its your mentality that is hurting you here.

1:50- Whiffed fsmash = punished. Don't use Marth's fsmash so much. Up b out of your shield is a better option vs MK. Dsmash is good too, but dont spam it.

1:58- Lack of retreating your fairs gets you KO'd. When you fair, use the control stick to DI backwards. It keeps you far safer.

2:12- By staying in the center of the stage and not retreating, you are letting your opponent take advantage of his invincibility frames and attack you for free. Stay away from MK.

2:38- Approached with Short hop double fairs, dont do that ever. Especially vs MK.

2:46- More random aerials and a Fsmash, this is the third or fourth time you did this and got punished.

3:18- Wow that was a predictable fsmash lol, glad you countered it, nice work.

3:40- Good use of platforms, it seems that the MK is giving up.

3:43- You really shouldn't try to edgeguard MK but you were ahead a stock so it wasnt that bad I guess.

Your Marth isn't bad, I would say you are better then that MK. All he really did was tornado and ftilt so yeah. I would use up b out of your shield to help you with finishing opponents. You didn't grab the entire Match. Work on creating walls with fairs instead of randomly throwing out aerials. Do you use the c-stick to use fairs? If you dont I would get accustomed to it, that way you can DI with the control stick at the same time. If you played a better MK you probably would of lost. Mix up your approach and play more defensive and you ll be fine (watch other Marth videos to see what I mean), thanks for posting ^^
Thanks for the critique! Yes, I do do alot of random aerials, but I think alot of them would hit if it weren't for the lag.

I don't use the C-stick for aerials unless I am DI'ing, like you said. However, I have never really gotten accustomed to it, because I have basically noone to play offline, and it is hard to time/ space online. I used DDB4 because that is really how Dannykat beat my MK. And he used DS more, like you said.

I am trying to get better, but it takes awhile on Wifi. Will you keep my FC the next time we have a ranked match? I want to play you when you don't have any pressure on you. :laugh:

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Against good MK's you should space defensively. Dont compare yourself to Dannykat, he plays very offensively and mastered that style, and yeah if you want to do that, go ahead. Its going to take a lot more practice and your going to have a ton of trouble early on vs MK. Basically, clean up our style a little bit and make better decisions. Down Dancing blade is good, but bad against people that know how to DI out.

I still have your friend code, but Im not laddering anymore. I dont find it fun xD. I rather use my time to friendly...friends and critique people. Ill friendly you later if you want.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
GGs backlash. BTW, when I SD'd I only did that because I thought at least one of us should be Marth.

Now some tips:

-A bit less FSmash would be good, use dtilt instead
-You always followed up d-tilt with a second d-tilt, the only time you should do that IMO, is if you hit their shield.
-You tried to force the grab sometimes, especially at lower percents
-Come down a little lower when you go out to gimp, you could have killed my Link much easier
-If your DB hit my shield, I was always able to punish. I just made a thread about this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202496

Overall, nice Marth. Just practice those things and you should improve a lot!

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha yea I know what you mean, could've been a lot worse though ^_^

Anyone else up for some games?

Also, to avoid confusion:

-First two games will be mirrors
-Third game I switch and you stay as Marth
-Fourth game I'm Marth and you switch
-Fifth game I switch and you go back to Marth

And so on....

feardragon64

Smash Champion
still available if anyone wants to...
How late are you going to be up?
I need to finish a comp sci project....but if I don't finish it in two hours(i.e. 12am for me) I'd love to play =b

If I do finish it within 2 hours, I'd love to play right after I finish xD

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
i'll be up late, just let me know when you're ready

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
zmt, im going to eat. I may be able to play in like 15 minutes though.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Oh that wasn't you playing with us fear?

LMAO, who was the last guy. "WOT?" was his name I think.

Anyways, fun stuff. I had a blast ^_^

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
why is wifi so bad
Haha, sure it doesn't always prove who is better, and it doesn't let you do exactly what you want, but just being able to play people you wouldn't normally be able to is great for me, seeing as I only live by one person who is any good at this game.

Edit: Fear whats with the emoness? lol

I got tired early, lol, so I think I'm about to go to sleep. I'll play you tomorrow for sure.

Top Bottom