• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
GGs earlier feardragon, fun stuff.

Your Marth was good, but here are some things you should try and work on:

-Try to mix up your recovery a bit more, you went low pretty much every time, and I was able to gimp you.
-Practice powershielding a bit more so you can effectively get through my projectile walls.
-A little more dtilt would be good
-I think you need to utilize Dolphin Slash a lot more
-Your grab game overall needs some work; need to shield grab more, and when you do you should try and take advantage of the possible setups more than you've done.

Still a great Marth, keep it up.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Thanks a bunch bengals. Lots of fun matches ^_^

Unfortunately...I suck at analyzing people in the midst of a fight. I think I managed to get like one or two replays. Let me rewatch them to see what I can remember >< Although the few things I do recall are more generalized and not exactly marth specific, not to mention affected by wifi. For example, you don't usually punish someone who rolls behind you. I think utilt is sometimes great to start a juggle after someone does that, but it was wifi so delayed reactions would probably cause it to come out too late and you'd get grabbed. >>
Only other thing that comes to mind is I don't think I saw you use counter at all. It's a good move used sparingly.

I'll be sure to get my code for unlimited replay times to work asap so I can record some of the better matches and look at them(and send them to you if you want).

You have a really good marth as well. Thanks for the tips, I see what you're saying in pretty much all of them lol. We should play more often =b

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha, it's true actually, I need work on punishing roll dodges and spot dodges, I'm bad at that. And you're right, I NEVER counter, I'll try to do it once or twice from now on to keep the opponent reluctant to attack. Thanks for the games and tips, and just let me know if you're ready for some more games, and hopefully you'll have that unlimited replay hack by then ^_^ .

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Ill be able to critique/friendly some people today if they want. Contact me after 5ish.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Im open to play someone right now aswell, hit me up on AIM or respond here, i'm actually improvng now that i can play people 0.o

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Fun matches, grandmaster192. Your Marth is good, and changes costumes a lot ^_^

I dont know if you wanted a critique or friendlies but Im still here so yeah...

Note: I dont shield breaker as much as I did lol, we know the cause to anything dumb ;)

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
What do you think I needed to do vs DDD? He's harder to beat than even MK.

Also what did you think of my Meta Knight?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
What do you think I needed to do vs DDD? He's harder to beat than even MK.

Also what did you think of my Meta Knight?
Your MK seemed good, it was kinda strategic and patient. If you wanted to be really gay you could of played defensively. Cause my up b didn't work at the start of the match lulz. Plank anyone? (Please dont do this)

Well, for Dedede I would take your time and use nair as a KO move when needed. Approach cautiously and dont get grabbed. I cant chaingrab on wifi lol. But some people can, and every grab is 45% or so. You can shield the waddles and dtilt, f tilt to keep him at bay. Basically just keep your distance but dont let him spam you with waddles, if you do this, its your game. Just watch for his ftilt.

Overall, fun matches and Ill be glad to play you again whenever ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Since tommorow is election day I'm off for a whole day. I have to do a project as well but hopefully it wont take me long to slap it all together. If I get time, and if I'm notto preoccupied with Twilight Princess, does anyone want to play me?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'll be free tomorrow from around 3-6 EST if anyone wants to play.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Is it even possible for Marth and MK to beat Wolf on wifi? I just played one on AIB and I did fairly well with Marth (I had a chance to win) but with MK I got 3 stocked while only dishing out 75% damage.

Anyways, would anyone like to practice against my Meta Knight? Or Marth ditto? Whatever...

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Backlash, thats what I realized after watching the videos. He spotdodge, alot. :\

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Is it even possible for Marth and MK to beat Wolf on wifi? I just played one on AIB and I did fairly well with Marth (I had a chance to win) but with MK I got 3 stocked while only dishing out 75% damage.

Anyways, would anyone like to practice against my Meta Knight? Or Marth ditto? Whatever...
Yes, but its much harder, and you have to play EXTREMELY gay.

Top Bottom