• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
That's because your videos aren't on youtube or any other video hosting site. If you want, I can try to upload them somewhere

rvkevin

Smash Lord
"Anyway, winning a tournament is all relative. Which huge tournament have any of these players won where many notable pros attended while going all Wolf? If I go to some middle school tournament and win there, will I be added to the prestigious list? The last big tournament I went to was Axis, the biggest tournament in the history of smash with over 300 entrants, I got 7th using only Wolf and not playing one matchup against an easy character. I've been to maybe 3 local brawl tournaments since its release, the rest have been insanely large tournaments, mainly because I really don't like the norcal brawl scene or community, plain and simple. "-The GERM

Chexr, this is why people are hating on you...You win a tournament against a peach and no-name ZSS and make a statement like this to make it seem like there was top competition there so you can pretend to be the "best".

"Wolf (15 top8, 11 top4, 4 top2, 5 wins)
...only 5 wins? I think most of those must have come from me. Step up your game guys."-Chexr

I think its safe to say that if Peach gets second place, the level of play has to questioned...So, like The GERM said, don't compare one tournament win to another.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I watched some of King's vids, I personally don't think he's that good compared to the other players we have listed in this thread.

And Chexr, not like I'm hatin on you (really), but have you played any big names in a tournament, and if so how have you done against them?

Chexr

Smash Ace
Uh Ive played Darkrain, Cort, Hylian, Cosmo, Tink, Tapion, Colbol, Reflex (friendlies), NoJ. and have gone at least 50/50 with them.

Darkrain and me split for first due to the venue closing. I took a match of Cort in a set of 3 but lost, beaten cosmo/tink a bit and they've beaten me. Tapion I played in a semi-serious friendy out of 3 and barely won. Beat Colbol at fast 1 then lost to a MK like always.

Just because you haven't heard of anyone from my zone doesn't mean it's like winning a tournament at highschool or something. I haven't played Anther but that's because those tournaments are 9 hours away from where I live and no one wants to drive to that.

I don't even know why I'm here this is pretty pathetic having to type all this out. I don't really care that much I just came to post those new vids.

edit: Also lol at 2008 people thinking this is serious business. Go play melee or something.

JCav

Smash Lord
Uh Ive played Darkrain, Cort, Hylian, Cosmo, Tink, Tapion, Colbol, Reflex (friendlies), NoJ. and have gone at least 50/50 with them.

Darkrain and me split for first due to the venue closing. I took a match of Cort in a set of 3 but lost, beaten cosmo/tink a bit and they've beaten me. Tapion I played in a semi-serious friendy out of 3 and barely won. Beat Colbol at fast 1 then lost to a MK like always.

Just because you haven't heard of anyone from my zone doesn't mean it's like winning a tournament at highschool or something. I haven't played Anther but that's because those tournaments are 9 hours away from where I live and no one wants to drive to that.

I don't even know why I'm here this is pretty pathetic having to type all this out. I don't really care that much I just came to post those new vids.

edit: Also lol at 2008 people thinking this is serious business. Go play melee or something.
very impressive my friend, i would like to play you and watch you play omni. me and him both live in the midwest and i watched some of my vids and i think you stack up with some of the best wolf players in the country

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That's quite a list. I seriously wasn't calling you out, I was just curious. I'll see if I can find some of those matches on youtube.

And don't hate on us 08ers, what have we ever done to you :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chexr was really good when I played against him in pools at Fast :).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's some nice stuff you have here.

I'll update it when I have the time.

@Gaki

Youtube Links please. You know I'd post them asap

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I liked NL's wolf, but there was a bit too much nair and utilt... That's what I like about NL's videos though, he tries an unconventional style. The first kill was WAY too gay though... And I'd like to draw attention to that dsmash after getting hit by utilt, as Arc was saying somewhere before, you can FF at low %s (under 10, right?) and attack before the next one. Good stuff to know.

JCav

Smash Lord
not a bad wolf from NL

i think its funny how people like him azen and chillen can use characters with such ease

it makes me jealous :(

Equi

Smash Ace
Good thread. My April vids aren't really a good representation of the current Wolf metagame though. That was back when like, lmao, nair approach dsmash worked rofl. So don't watch those.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I added them for completeness but apparently it isn't that great. Castor watched Chexrs earlier vids and thought he wasn't good lulz

Should I delete the older videos?

JCav

Smash Lord
I added them for completeness but apparently it isn't that great. Castor watched Chexrs earlier vids and thought he wasn't good lulz

Should I delete the older videos?
yes, im seeing too much nair approaches and things of that nature

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Such pro wolfs. I need to look over these vids and the boards some more so I can make my wolf somewhat decent. And the fact that Chexr destroyed me in a tourney makes me want to play wolf, seeing as I've never lost to anyone as bad as I did against him.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I actually used wolf early on. First spacie i used months ago. I'll try to get more wolf vids up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yea, that would b awesum...I think if more crazy players would pick up Wolf, he'd become a lot more popular :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Updated, finally. New vids up: Ninja Link and new videos from chexr. I also fixed the latest vids by the GERM.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I've been ignoring the boards lately......just tryin to relax from smash. I have to rework myself for the weekend. I guess i can record some vids today....hopefully. Thanks for liking my wolf btw.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hey Gheb just a suggestion You should let us know what character they are fighting.

For instance if we already know most of the advanced techs and what they look like but are more curious as to how Wolf goes up against Fox... or Marth... etc...

Just a thought.

I think it would be useful since I found myself clicking around until I found a Wolf vs Marth video.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Awesome thread, Gheb, but I can't get the links to work. But it's probably because I'm at school and I think they block youtube. Yeah, I'm in computer class right now and I'm bored as crap. But I will watch those vids eventually!

Btw, Wolf's bair is a great move, you know you can chain it if you get the opponent in the right spot? Just thought I'd throw that in.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I know it differs, I don't know by what though, if I remember right then the back hit is slightly weaker.

Thanks for the vids ^_^

And why is Wolf your bad luck char? o.O

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i liked killed myself alot when i used him in tourney saturday. Then at Cat4 same thing happened. T_T

Top Bottom