• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Snake really doesn't die... you cannot let up for ONE MOMENT once he gets offstage, you need to get all the hits you can.

@ Omniswell: Cool, thanks. The boundaries are really close on brinstar, I should probably get used to it for when I have killing issues. Nice matches btw, doesn't look like anther knows about pika's ridiculous buffered chaingrab though :p

:059:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
he knows about it he just dosent know how to do it xD

and yewa i like brinstar unless its vs snake than i hate it

and at choice fresh dsmash only kills if people DI wrong, noj's gaw and anthers pika live until 140 with a fresh dsmash

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
and at choice fresh dsmash only kills if people DI wrong, noj's gaw and anthers pika live until 140 with a fresh dsmash
yea this is brawl not melee. 140 is expected for a KO. what kill option does wolf have that's safer than his dsmash? and yea like arcpoint said, if you get them with it while they're near the edge, its at least a lil earlier. shine dsmash ftw.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
yea this is brawl not melee. 140 is expected for a KO. what kill option does wolf have that's safer than his dsmash? and yea like arcpoint said, if you get them with it while they're near the edge, its at least a lil earlier. shine dsmash ftw.
I usually Kill with Usmash or fair against lights and dsmash against heavys who di wrong.when Bair is fresh i can usually get a quick kill with it or maybe even a gimp.

Try to get them at the ledge, they die a lot faster there.
Try is the key word lol :)

stupid bucket breaking
I KNOW RIGHT XD

Imagine if metaknight could bucket break.
Id play Ic's and still kill mk's for free LOL, but with wolf id never even think to use him against mk.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
It stops all momentum, its whe na GaW nairs then buckets, it makes it so he can live to high percentages

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, seriously, you gotta pressure them against the ledge... and then do it... if you get them in the middle...lol forget it, they're gonna live to like 190 xD. The ledge is where I get the vast majority of my kills. Poor saps that like to airdodge or that like to ledgehop crap.

steersmash

Smash Rookie
jello there.
I'm an absolute noob on here who happens to main wolf atm.

Just out of curiosity, who is the best wolf player? and are there any videos of him/her brawling?

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
jello there.
I'm an absolute noob on here who happens to main wolf atm.

Just out of curiosity, who is the best wolf player? and are there any videos of him/her brawling?
That is really Vague question, there are Different wolf mains who have diffrent styles and are the best in their regions.

on the First page of this thread theres alot of good wolf mains watch their videos and you should be ok :)

Equi

Smash Ace
Hey everyone Equi here. I haven't really been to many tourneys but I still rep Wolf and main him (gotta use secondaries though, it's a necessity DDD/MK just aren't worth it IMO) But I still main Wolf because he does great against Olimar/Diddy if you have a solid wall game it's easy. In fact I'd go Wolf over MK vs Olimar anyday. Also I'd prefer going Wolf over MK against Snake as well.

Anyway I didn't quit, there should be more vids soon I'm going to be going to tourneys again soon. And yeah, don't give up. I personally believe Wolf is better than Mid tier, bottom of high IMO but that won't be shown until the metagame progresses, I cracked into some of Wolf's potential and I have to say shine and SH shine is severely underused and underestimated as a tactic. There's other things I could go into but I just wanted to mention that briefly.

Remember. Don't give up. :p

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Few things.

First off: Thanks for the vids ^_^

Second off: Awesome, they finally have a hack that gives tags for replays

Third off: Boss has a good Mario.

Fourth off: Very nice Wolf, you seem to always be developing something with him.

Fifth off: How are you and Candy in tourney sets? I hear he beat you and took first at BRawl at the Mall... but then you beat him at some tourney later.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nice vids NL, good to see you're still working with wolf. The sideBs in the MK match, were those supposed to be cancels? And your use of nair is surprisingly common, what makes you like it so much?

:059:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
hes not a wolf main thats what makes him like it XD.

xD man ive been looking all over swf and all the scrubs are commin back and saying how awesome they are. im having a great time laughing at all of them.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Not sure what omniswell means...... but me not maining wolf doesnt mean ****. IT doesnt make me less of a wolf player.

Weak nair steals jumps and interrupts ur opponents actions as well as combos into other moves. Example was against MK. It stole his jump and he messed up.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Not sure what omniswell means...... but me not maining wolf doesnt mean ****. IT doesnt make me less of a wolf player.

Weak nair steals jumps and interrupts ur opponents actions as well as combos into other moves. Example was against MK. It stole his jump and he messed up.
I was a little intoxicated when i posted that. and i guess i insulted you somehow XD? if so im sorry. i was implying people who don't main wolf seem to use nair more than non wolf mains. i dont even want to get into the reasons why i think nair is bad.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Random idea.

What if someone were to do a commentary (written or otherwise) on some of these videos? As in, explain what the Wolf player was thinking when he did this or that.

This is more to help lesser skilled players like me than more experienced ones. Personally, I'm getting better at understanding why players perform certain actions in the videos now, though NinjaLink's Wolf still boggles me (in a good way, I just don't understand why it works or what he's thinking).

Thoughts?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Random idea.

What if someone were to do a commentary (written or otherwise) on some of these videos? As in, explain what the Wolf player was thinking when he did this or that.

This is more to help lesser skilled players like me than more experienced ones. Personally, I'm getting better at understanding why players perform certain actions in the videos now, though NinjaLink's Wolf still boggles me (in a good way, I just don't understand why it works or what he's thinking).

Thoughts?
Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind commentating. but yeah... 1 problem though is that I might misinterpret someone's actions and I wouldn't want to offend them.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i dunno i don't really think stuff just happens

Meaning i never have the same mindset. if somthing dosent work i change it up. can't really commentate that

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
If it just a mis-interpretation the person could always correct you, but there's no harm if it's guessing. I would be interested in commentaries too. I've been learning a lot by watching the videos but the reason would make some actions more understandable to much less experienced players.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you could ask the original player for permission to commentate, or put a disclaimer if they are unreachable and remove the commentary if so asked.

Although, like Omniswell stated, this isn't a problem if you commentate your own videos. :)

This really needs to be a community effort though. I don't think players will be willing to write commentaries if the community won't read it/give feedback/support them. Feedback is especially important in case something is missed, which happens rather often, or for further clarification.

I suppose we won't know until we try though. Organization wise, we could have a new thread per commentary (replies being the feedback) which would be linked to from the Video Thread OP itself.

The hope is that this, along with some additional flashy Wolf videos uploaded into the Best Vids of Each Character thread, will encourage new players to pick up Wolf and join the community.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i dont care il write one on every video i have. Its just ognna be a buch of "oh my god i suck why did i do that"

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
Gheb... You have been hurassing Jumpman for some of my videos... You have me on msn why dont you ask them yourself... i wouldnt make a issue out of it if its for a friend :D

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I wanna see some new kashakunaki videos. I'm curious to see how his wolf game developed since his last videos

Top Bottom