• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
I haven't played SB64 much lately but I do remember Link being really messed up. Melee yes pichu.... he just sucked. But I'm very good with Olimar in brawl, he's one of my best, and Olimar is just all about control. Once you have Olimar's moves down & you learn to maneuver/distribute/recycle pikmin he's a great character & by far not THE worst in brawl. But yes he is complicated to learn but I just think some people don't take the time. Worst in brawl Jigglypuff.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Worst Characters...
Really, if anything, this thread should be renamed "Which character do you dub the worst because you don't know how to properly play them?".

It's all about practice, practice, practice. Even Pichu could become godly in the right hands.

Can't really give my opinion, though; I have yet to casually play Smash 64 again, so it may be a while before I decide whom is the "worst" I've seen.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
In melee, it's obvious that pichu and Kirby are bottom, but they're still usable. C. Falcon and Ganondorf in Brawl, however, are not (or maybe just C. Falcon. I haven't checked in with recent Brawl stuff, I guess it depends on how reliable "chain choking" are).

Lovely

Smash Lord
If it's worst character added, then it's Dr. Mario, he's just Mario in a docters suit. But game play, it has to be Pichu because he hurt's himself everytime he does his electric attacks, and he's lighter than Kirby. ♥

Other than that, I don't think Captan Falcon is that bad on Brawl compare to Pichu because he doesn't have an 0% unwinnable chance against anyone I know. ♥

Geist

Smash Master
Azen's Pichu was godly.
oh my god.
Anyone who says Pichu is useless has not met that wrath of Azen's Pichu.

That being said, C Falcon in Brawl makes babies cry and stuff.

Link in 64 was pretty bad too.

PCHU

Smash Lord
You know, Pichu DOES HAVE moves that don't hurt him.
Not to mention he's much, much faster than Kirby.

Pichu as a whole is better than Kirby.

Pichu has decent smash attacks (though the range could be better), he can combo to an extent, he's fast, AND, he's got big anime eyes.
Kirby just isn't the same, he's a walking face with......stubs for arms.
Sure, he's actually got some good kill moves, but the thing is, you have to get them within killing range first.

I am slightly biased since my name is PCHU, and I really, really hate Kirby.
But, whatever.

Don't hate on Pichu just because he hurts himself.
Think of the REST OF HIS CHARACTER.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Azen's Pichu was godly.
oh my god.
Anyone who says Pichu is useless has not met that wrath of Azen's Pichu.

That being said, C Falcon in Brawl makes babies cry and stuff.

Link in 64 was pretty bad too.
Omg .. I tell everyone Link in 64 .. was freaking horrible but there all like no duuuude he is soo good <.< finally someone who agrees me

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
For those of you who say Pichu is the worst because he is light or hurts himself....go jump of the cliff. Pichu is by far NOT the worst character, he just has the worst matchups. I bet 42% of you here only played as him once or twice to complete the game, then never touched him again because he hurt himself. 55% of you probably are just spewing out what the tier lists say. The remaining 3% actually know what they are talking about because they play as Pichu or watched videos of competitive Pichu players and of Kirby and Mewtwo. Kirby is terrible when compared to Pichu, but I'm not too sure about Mewtwo yet.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the worst character in the game is Lolimar wiff no Pikmanz...

but I'm gunna have to say the worst ever is Meta Knight....he's too slow and his range is crap. Plus he has no kill moves and no effective means of recovery or edgeguarding...

S

smash brawl player 99021

i have to say pichu, but Olimar is a close second. His up-spec is completely useless of the stage. Ivysaur is also pretty crappy but he can atleast change into a better character.
is that why olimar is high tier?
even though he's gimped easily doesn't make him a bad character.

S

smash brawl player 99021

the Worst Character In The Game Is Lolimar Wiff No Pikmanz...

But I'm Gunna Have To Say The Worst Ever Is Meta Knight....he's Too Slow And His Range Is Crap. Plus He Has No Kill Moves And No Effective Means Of Recovery Or Edgeguarding...
Meta Knight Is Aparently The Best ****ing Character In The Game!
He Has No Disadvantages In His Matchups! Get Your Facts Staright!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
OK, the rather LONG list:

Worst in 64: Link
Worst in Melee: Pichu
Worst in Brawl: C. Falcon
Worst record for a veteran: Link (three games and he has yet to beat low tier, that's how bad his record is)

And as a bonus:
Best Record: Falco (so Far, Falco is the only character to be top tier 2 games straight, beating not only everybody, but the only Character with that good a record)
Best overall: Metaknight? (hey, people considered banning him, that has to show how good he is).
Agreed, but another best record contender would be marth. I really felt that the sacred 7 should all be covered in top tier.
Just a notion, I think someone should call out worst Brawl + and best Brawl +, just for the lols.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Solimar (no Pikmin Olimar) is EASILY the worst :p
I think he has like 6 attacks total?

But yeah... with the buggers he is an absolute tank.

Melee Kirby was trash. Even 64 Link could outplay characters but in all honesty that just isn't going to happen with Melee Kirby.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Don't know that much about 64, so I won't assume things.

Melee: Kirby/Pichu.

Brawl: Captain Falcon/Ganondorf.

Although people shouldn't really assume just because the characters suck, that nobody in the world can bring out what little potential that they may have.

And Toronto has a really good Melee Link main who goes by the name of Stos.

He's beastly, I tell you. Might even make some of you change your minds.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ehh... better than Pika and Kirby? That's iffy. I'd say third.

I also recall him only being high tier.
Fox has better stage control, and a slew of 0-deaths of his own. He also has better throws, IIRC. And if the match-up chart being passed around the 64 discussion forum is at all accurate, he has better match-ups than Kirby. If he's not better than Kirby, then he's certainly close enough to be Top Tier along with Pika and Kirby.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Meta knight is awesome
Dr. mario, pichu, jigglypuff,and ice climbers suck:chuckle:
Dr Mario was middle tier in melee. No, he does not suck. Jiggly was high in melee, sucky in brawl, but definetly not sucky in melee.

Ice climbers **** in both games, whajoo talking bout.

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
In Smash's overall history, Link. He was the worst character in 64, second worst in Brawl, and was pretty bad in Melee.

Pichu for the worst character at one time ever. It was even INTENDED to be a handicap character.

Top Bottom