• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!! leon for sma4sh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If what you mean by "departure" is that we'll lose a free roster slot? Then i know that all to well, however this thread revolves around the hope that SF gets a 5th rep and possibility that it might not get a new rep at all.

:phone:
what I mean is that the character would be different from others already in Smash.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If for whatever reason we're talking about a fourth Starfox character, I just thought I'd like to bring up that Leon is generally more popular than Krystal in Japan. Japanese popularity got the likes of Jigglypuff in, let alone the Japan exclusive chars of Marth, Roy, and Lucas. Maybe he has a chance?

Too lazy to fetch a source. I just remember it constantly being thrown around during the Pre-Brawl days as something Wolf supporters used. If you truly support Leon, it may be something to look into.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If for whatever reason we're talking about a fourth Starfox character, I just thought I'd like to bring up that Leon is generally more popular than Krystal in Japan. Japanese popularity got the likes of Jigglypuff in, let alone the Japan exclusive chars of Marth, Roy, and Lucas. Maybe he has a chance?

Too lazy to fetch a source. I just remember it constantly being thrown around during the Pre-Brawl days as something Wolf supporters used. If you truly support Leon, it may be something to look into.
if there's even a 4th newcomer, I am willing to bet on either Krystal or Leon. but Leon is more popular than Krystal in Japan, so judging by what happened with Jigglypuff, Marth, Roy and Lucas, I think he might have a chance. but its kinda doubtful that Star Fox is going to get another character. I think the three we have now already do much representation of the series.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
See?

A counter part to an already existing cast member: Falco

A new mechanic, or at least a new adaptation to a mechanic: Invisibility

Likeability: Existed in the games that made Starfox what it is, namely, Starfox 64.

Accessibility: We've all seen Leon if you are 20, 15, or 10.

We have a reason for Leon, IF we have another Starfox addition, which has happened in EVERY Smash game such far. We have a reason. He'd be great for challenges, given he is indeed a counterpart villan to Falco. He has great new mechanics to add into the game. He's likeable, he's fun, he's everything we'd all be happy to have him.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Masterwarlord: REALLY WHERE!!!! MUST FIND

Frostwraith: i wouldent count slippy out he's been wanted for a playable char for a long time

Jeff: sense starfoz643D just came outesh i would say kids younger then 10 would know who he is too?

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
Masterwarlord: REALLY WHERE!!!! MUST FIND

Frostwraith: i wouldent count slippy out he's been wanted for a playable char for a long time

Jeff: sense starfoz643D just came outesh i would say kids younger then 10 would know who he is too?

Was just trying to say everyone knows him and wants to know him. Yes even the younger ones who played Starfox 64 3D as if it were the first Starfox game know him.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Panther Caroso (Caluroso, Caruso) seems like more of a fighter,
but at least the spelling of Leon's name has remained consistent throughout the series.
I find it surprising that a series with only 2 really memorable games has 3 reps in smash bros.
So many unanswered questions in the story. Like what's Leon's rivalry with Slippy allabout?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Panther Caroso (Caluroso, Caruso) seems like more of a fighter,
but at least the spelling of Leon's name has remained consistent throughout the series.
I find it surprising that a series with only 2 really memorable games has 3 reps in smash bros.
So many unanswered questions in the story. Like what's Leon's rivalry with Slippy allabout?
I believe its a rivalry with falco? Where did you get that info cuz i believe andrew chases slippy around in SF64?

And i have no idea why leon would hate falco so much?..... other then he's fox's second.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Leon having a rivalry with Falco was never explained in detail, but it's implied that they've encountered each other in the past and had somewhat of a grudge with each other since then.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Here's another image of Leon, just as an extra reference...

Anyway, I'd like to see what Leon can do in a battle. Fox has his rival, so it's only fitting if Falco's rival enters the fray too. Maybe his moveset could be related to assassins, seeing as he is one.
They should take that idea and run with it.

OH, and they should re-hire his original Starfox 64 voice actor. That guy made Leon seem cool. The current guy (who also voices Panther iirc) makes him seem as trustworthy as Ghirahim...

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
OH, and they should re-hire his original Starfox 64 voice actor. That guy made Leon seem cool. The current guy (who also voices Panther iirc) makes him seem as trustworthy as Ghirahim...
^^^
This right there, times a million. After they changed his voice, I could never look at Leon the same way.
But I guess now with his newer look, the voice seems to fit. I really can't see Leon with a baritone voice and a scrawny figure. If they made him a bit thicker, THEN everything would be good to go. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Leon's MUCH more flamboyantly homosexual in the Japanese version of the game.

It's his little gimmick

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
Just for the record, Panther is much cooler than Leon. And you know who's even cooler than Panther? None other than Kiwi Elder Bucha.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Just for the record, Panther is much cooler than Leon. And you know who's even cooler than Panther? None other than Kiwi Elder Bucha.
Eh, I don't care for Panther but I definitely support both Bucha and Leon they would both be so awesome to have.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played a Star Fox game since '64. Except the remake

I have no real care for any of the characters from it, so I don't really care about Panther

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Panther would play like falco and fox though I fell thats why I think leon would be better

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Leon being added, though, some other characters have better chances than him due to them being more popular.

*cough*Krystal*cough*

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I know but he just isn't that important. I don't get it??
Indeed unfortunately one of his biggest downsets... but with wolf already accounted for then who else?

One syllable that sounds like krystal and you get the boot :mad:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If he does happen to get the chance, I want his Starfox64 self, he was so much more bad***. "Annoying bird, I am the great LEON!"

gothrax

Smash Journeyman

Hoots

Can Be Combative
As much as I don't want to be a hater, every single one of your "reasons" for Leon to be in Smash are absolutely awful. I think when you're grasping at straws so bad that your evidence doesn't even really convince YOU (and there's no way it can), I think it may be time to abandon ship.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
As much as I don't want to be a hater, every single one of your "reasons" for Leon to be in Smash are absolutely awful. I think when you're grasping at straws so bad that your evidence doesn't even really convince YOU (and there's no way it can), I think it may be time to abandon ship.

Yah your right i should really think about updating this thread :/
It doesn't have very many facts and it could use some more reasons for leon support. plus it doesn't even have a complete moveset?

But FYI hoooots leon would be a superb addition to smash and his chances arent THAT LOW either
all thats in his way are

the lack of SF supporters

Maybe slippy?

....and krystal.... :mad:

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Yah your right i should really think about updating this thread :/
It doesn't have very many facts and it could use some more reasons for leon support. plus it doesn't even have a complete moveset?

But FYI hoooots leon would be a superb addition to smash and his chances arent THAT LOW either
all thats in his way are

the lack of SF supporters

Maybe slippy?

....and krystal.... :mad:

Just out of curiosity where does you're obvious dislike of kr.....the blue vixen that debuted in star fox adventures circa 2002 come from??

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
i really dont hate krystal all that much
I just hate the people who like here ;)

I would have loved if rareware had there way with dinosaur planet ect ect
But alas... they had to tack it on to SF :mad:
WHICH BTW didn't need that at all.
Star fox had its own thing going which i loved
(Space animals with amputated lims fight the galactic forces of a giant brain to defend there soler system)
And I'm sure that SF WOULD HAVE gotten the sequel it deserved if nintendo had been a little more patient and not attacked rareware for there game.

Still its not like its krystals fault for setting SF on a seemingly unfixable path?
But still Krystal stands for everything that went wrong.... i mean really are you gonna tell me her legs are amputated?...

So yah i dont hate krystal i just hate the idea of her representing starfox.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
i really dont hate krystal all that much
I just hate the people who like here ;)

I would have loved if rareware had there way with dinosaur planet ect ect
But alas... they had to tack it on to SF :mad:
WHICH BTW didn't need that at all.
Star fox had its own thing going which i loved
(Space animals with amputated lims fight the galactic forces of a giant brain to defend there soler system)
And I'm sure that SF WOULD HAVE gotten the sequel it deserved if nintendo had been a little more patient and not attacked rareware for there game.

Still its not like its krystals fault for setting SF on a seemingly unfixable path?
But still Krystal stands for everything that went wrong.... i mean really are you gonna tell me her legs are amputated?...

So yah i dont hate krystal i just hate the idea of her representing starfox.

Oh i see.... well the way i view it a love interest for fox was inevitable so krystal or some other female fox would of came into the picture sooner or later. But yeah the star fox name was tacked on to adventures even with as well as they implemented the star fox characters you could still tell that....well they were tacked on that being said it wasn't a bad game it had a cool story some excellent features but still i see where you're coming from. as for everything done wrong assault was a decent title the on foot missions were strange and there were way to many of them but space combat was top notch i think that star fox wii u will expand on that and get star fox up and running again.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Hay from a gameplay stand point i dont think any SF game is bad/lame/inadequate.

And believe me the characters and concept of adventures wasn't bad? SFA took the series in a relatively good direction.

But still i think the direction SF could have taken if it hadn't of takenover dinosaur planet, would have been a much better one.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Hay from a gameplay stand point i dont think any SF game is bad/lame/inadequate.

And believe me the characters and concept of adventures wasn't bad? SFA took the series in a relatively good direction.

But still i think the direction SF could have taken if it hadn't of takenover dinosaur planet, would have been a much better one.

It may very well have been but we gotta make do i still believe in the series. I like pretty much all the star fox games as well........except command simply because of the friggin soap opera! of a story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom