• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Tastes so F*cking Good!? Birmingham, AL - December 5th

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

Some things taste really good, like fried chicken, watermelon, and grape soda, but some things taste so f*cking good that you can't help but question why it tastes that f*cking good. Do you know what that is?

Vestavia Hills, AL
Apartment D

Pricing
Door fee: 5$ Waived if full setup is brought (1 tv, 1 game system plus game)
Melee Singles: 10$
Melee Doubles: 20$ (10$ per person)
Melee Items: 3$
Brawl Singles: 10$
Brawl Doubles: 20$ (10$ per person)
Brawl Items: 3$

Prices for regular events will be 60/30/10 split
Prices for special events will be 70/20/10 split

Schedule
11:00 - Registration opens
12:00 - Melee Doubles
2:00 - Melee Singles AND Items
4:30 - Food Break
5:00 - Brawl Doubles
8:00 - Brawl Singles AND Items

Also, I've noticed that a lot of you (Actually, ALL) don't show up until 1:00 or something, then ask, "Kan I inter Dubbuls?" Stop doing that. Fo' real.

Melee Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City (Banned in Doubles)
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

1 stage ban per person
4 stock
8 minute time limit

Melee Items Rules

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Fire Flower) (Super Scope) (Fan) (Food) (Parasol) (Mr Saturn) (Flipper) (Screw Attack) (Bunny Hood) (Lip’s Stick) (Warpstar) (Beam Sword) (Green Shell) (Freezie)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Homerun Bat) (Star Rod) (Red Shell)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Starman) (Bob-omb) (Barrel Cannon) (Poison Mushroom) (Super Mushroom) (Party Ball) (Cloaking Device) (Metal Box) (Poke Ball) (Motion Sensor Bomb)

Stuff that can’t be changed, but I wish could be banned:
(Barrel)
(Capsule)
(Crate)
(Egg)

Rules of counterpicking items: similar to counterpicking stages, but you may turn off up to 3 items and then turn on one counterpick item.

No changes to legal stages/stock/time limit

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
*King Dedede is allowed ONE standing regrab per throw on Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Bowser
*King Dedede's standing offstage infinite on Wolf and King Dedede are ALLOWED
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Brawl Items

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

Rules of Counterpicking Items: Similar to counterpicking stages, but you may turn off up to 3 items, then turn on one counterpick item.

No changes to legal stages/stock/time limit.

Other stuff

*Door fees may be used to order pizza/refreshments for everyone

*Anyone who thinks they can take me in the following games is wrong and will be graped (great ****):
- Mario Kart (SNES)
- Mario Kart 64
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
- Mario Party 1 through 4
- Street Fighter IV
- Blazblue
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Sonic Shuffle
- Power Stone 1 and 2
- Yu-Gi-Oh
Dragonball Z Budokai

/cocky

Money Matches
Kola vs. Elev8 - Brawl - 2$ - 2/3
Kola and Zero_Gamer vs. George and ShaSLAM - Brawl - 2$ - 2/3
Zero_Gamer vs. Elev8 - Brawl - 2$ - 2/3
Zero_Gamer vs. DanGR A.K.A. DyllanGR - Brawl - 2$ - 2/3
Zero_Gamer vs. Reflex - Tetris Attack - 1$ - 2/3

WTF ALL EXCEPT ONE OF THESE MONEY MATCHES INVOLVES ME.

Interested/confirmed attending
Zero_Gamer
Cheap Peach
Kola
George
Theonejanitor
Nu
Reflex
Elev8
Bloshi
DanGR
Billy
Kismet2
POC
V3GA
KOkingpin

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Im going to try to show for this one. And thanks zero for not having your biweekly on the same date as the mobile tourney. U have class

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i would be interested in coming if there was Brawl+ instead of Items tournaments. I'd even Bring a few setups and people with me for it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu----

I thought for sure this would be a good date for you guys. I'll get it right eventually...

And this date was December 5th because there is a Mobile tourney on the 28th. I want them to have a good turnout too... (Although I won't be there. No ride)

Edit: nvm, it's on the 21st...

Edit 2: 28th is Waba monthly

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
This is a phenomenal name for a tournament. Zero we all miss you, please come back home.

Oh and I could take you in Mario Kart, you pick the version.

Kosine

Smash Cadet
goddamm school

this tourney is just a week or so too early. i'm gonna be in birmingham until january 10th or so starting 2 weeks after thanksgiving, so i'll keep an eye out for more of these.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll be at this for sure, with a set up too (gotta waive the fee). I may not enter doubles or items though, I'm pretty short on cash. If I do, it will be either both item events or only one doubles event.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I guess we're teaming again? haha
I'll be there, and with some higher entry fee's I think this may turn out larger than your other ones. I'm not gonna mention pr because I'm still suffering from that 3rd degree burn lmao

Oh Zero I owe you two bucks lulz

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, I've noticed that air camping is extremely good on Norfair... Dan did that and almost beat my TL.

Removing it from legal stages.

Also, 2$ mm, Dan? 2/3

And 2$ mm, Elev8? 2/3
YAY NO MORE NO FAIR :laugh:

2$ mm is good for me :)
Kola mm?

I didn't even notice i was on my brother's name (this is raf)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol for a sec there I was like, xD the dude that didn't want to friendly me wants to mm me, hax?
Yea Raf, :p I've been wanting to MM you for yearz now

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I've noticed that air camping is extremely good on Norfair... Dan did that and almost beat my TL.

Removing it from legal stages.

Also, 2$ mm, Dan? 2/3

And 2$ mm, Elev8? 2/3
Will do.

10willdos

Also, thanks for removing Norfair. :D
edit: You didn't do it yet. D:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol for a sec there I was like, xD the dude that didn't want to friendly me wants to mm me, hax?
I seem to be busy a lot with stuff nowadays, even at tournaments.

I hope you don't take it personally or anything.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm changing stages ruleset in OP now.

And Kola, yes, we are teaming and, no, you don't have to pay me the 2$. I said it was a friendly after you won the third round. There was way too much gay happening.

Oh, and Reflex, your Pokemon advice has boosted my win rate by so much. Walrein is too good. I've got a question though.

If Walrein does Aqua Ring, does that mean that he heals by 1/8th from leftovers, 1/8th from Aqua Ring, AND 1/8 from Ice Body during Hail?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, and Reflex, your Pokemon advice has boosted my win rate by so much. Walrein is too good. I've got a question though.

If Walrein does Aqua Ring, does that mean that he heals by 1/8th from leftovers, 1/8th from Aqua Ring, AND 1/8 from Ice Body during Hail?
Glad to hear that it helped.

Over the course of two turns, yeah, you'd get 3/8's of your health back that way.

Still, Surf (or Blizzard)/Roar is usually safer to have as your other two moves, and if you're playing on Shoddy, Walrein got Super Fang in HG/SS (WHAT THE HELL), so Super Fang/Brine is my new standard.

Still, the merits of making up the lost health from earlier do sound nice. Aqua Ring is an interesting thought, certainly.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

And Kola, yes, we are teaming and, no, you don't have to pay me the 2$. I said it was a friendly after you won the third round. There was way too much gay happening.

you could set up with Obamasnow, then have the Blizz, Aqua Ring, Super Fang, Surf (Whatever Else you want)

PS: have brawl+ it will make me go to this Oh and Ill do vBrawl Doubles and Possibly Melee doubles.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm running an Ice team, which centers around Abomasnow's Snow Warning ability. Too bad it's weak to just about everything :/

The Walrein I use is 252 HP/144 Def/144 Sp. Def (Timid nature)
Protect
Substitute
Roar
Surf

I might swap Surf for Aqua Ring.

PS. Brawl+ will be on the next one.

And wtf, Super Fang is freaking rediculous.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'm running an Ice team, which centers around Abomasnow's Snow Warning ability. Too bad it's weak to just about everything :/

The Walrein I use is 252 HP/144 Def/144 Sp. Def (Timid nature)
Protect
Substitute
Roar
Surf

I might swap Surf for Aqua Ring.

PS. Brawl+ will be on the next one.

And wtf, Super Fang is freaking rediculous.
that will get wrecked by a Taunt Gyrados and cause you to lose horribly. I know because its happened to me before. Roar is still a little Iffy in the metagame of DPPl on him too. Blizz is a great move for Walrein cause of Hail giving it 100% acc.

I will probably be there if im off on Dec 5th

Bloshi

Smash Ace
By the way leftovers is only 1/16 recovery. I have been playing with a heavy offense team in UU lately, it *****. Gallade, Honchkrow, ****-perior, and others, too good. I have a sunny day tangrowth so weather teams cry, and he's good enough to stand alone.

And you're spelling Obamasnow wrong.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I seem to be busy a lot with stuff nowadays, even at tournaments.

I hope you don't take it personally or anything.
I wont haha, you were wanting to watch your crew play its cool, as long as I can get friendlies next time we meet.

Alright sounds fair :p

Top Bottom