• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Game and Watch looks like he'd be really obnoxious for some characters. Hard to get in and hard to stay in on him it seemed like for the less quick characters like Snake, although Snake has trouble getting in anyways a lot of times.

jtm94

Smash Lord
GnW is SUPER combo bait, when people go in to combo him he just hopes for that UpB to bail him out, and DI.

Nintendude was definitely doing his share of going in. It was super fun to watch.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Snake is definitely a character that is good where he is. He isn't dominating everything, but has all the tools he needs.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
I never played a good diddy though. Just bad ones. There probably aren't any truely good diddies yet.
IDK, Bladewise does work with Diddy here in Washington, taking high places at every tournament he attends. Every match I see him in, especially against SilentWolf, he does at least a couple things you know the enemy wasn't going to expect right away. I like that playstyle. It seems no matter how many things they are prepared for, him on Diddy is able to find ways around it.

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur sweetspot D-Air is definitely a meteor.
My mistake then.
Something I think you should mention is that Sonic's/Ganon's is only at the beginning (as you say things like "tip" "sweetspot" for others.)

Also I believe the falling hitbox on Ivy's uair is a true spike.
See I thought that the dair was a spike and the body slam from uair was a meteor but I was mistaken.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Ness cannot be bottom 3. I still find It hilarious that I play toon link and olimar, and they were put as the two worst characters in the game on Clash tournament's tier list.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ivysaur does have a spike, on the first few frames of her uair iirc.
I don't think I've ever landed it though.

Last edited:

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur does have a spike, on the first few frames of her uair iirc.
I don't think I've ever landed it though.
I have gotten people killed with both dair and uair they drop like rocks but Its become apparent I don't know exactly what they are.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys, the really terrible chracter here is DDD. and he needs more buffs than Ness/rob/olimar combined

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Explain how he is one of the straight up worst
he's not bad it just seems like he has less tools than others.
He's very capable he just has issues. He lacks legitimate followups most of the time, he's relatively immobile, and can get punished hard for something as simple as a missed aerial. his unique strengths are probably just nair and seismic toss, otherwise he's pretty outmatched in every other department by some other character. A good charizard player can play to charizard's strengths, but there are still glaring weaknesses that the opponent can take advantage of.

JOE!

Smash Hero
The guy has gaint hitboxes, the 5th fastest ground speed of any character in the roster, a large grab range, multiple jumps, a glide and the ability to reach the top of the screen to chase people he juggles...

Sounds pretty immobile to me

didds

Smash Lord
When you take into account dash speed, aerial speed and acceleration, jump height and speed, wavedash and waveland length, agt'ing and gt'ing and whatever else moves you around, the least mobile character in the game would probably be Ganon...

So I propose that we buff Squirtle plz

JOE!

Smash Hero
Is there still a thread floating around with every character's dash speeds, weights, etc compared to one another from best-worst, etc?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
True then, true now :D

Seriously the number of likes I've gotten off this image each time I post it is so lol

Anyway, I actually think that DDD is pretty good... currently. But my biggest concern is that he's only doing well right now because he is taking people by surprise. That once opponents understand the matchup / how to deal with DDD, he will drop on the tier list.

Right now I actually put him in the top half of the tier list. But I think he will drop down to the bottom half certainly, and the bottom 3rd maybe. Buffs pls

Vashimus

Smash Master
Is there still a thread floating around with every character's dash speeds, weights, etc compared to one another from best-worst, etc?
1MachGo's old statistics thread, but it's not even updated to 3.0.

I can give you weights.

Last edited:

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
More and more I think Olimar isn't nearly the worst in the game, nor Toon Link.
I don't know anything about Olimar and I'd be a little surprised if anyone else does to be honest, but Tink's been around long enough that people should know by now he's not ****ing bottom tier. His ability to turn juggles and combos into kills is absolutely ridiculous, grab guarantees combos and/or kills on most chars at most %s, frame 6 nair oos, great projectile game obviously.

The Moon is playing Tink now so let's just wait and see how much longer people keep sleeping on him lol

Oh also, GGs Nintendude your gnw was amazing

jtm94

Smash Lord
Olimar is definitely a lurking character. He's super solid and has a good keepaway game. His attacks beat out everything.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I actually think that DDD is pretty good... currently. But my biggest concern is that he's only doing well right now because he is taking people by surprise. That once opponents understand the matchup / how to deal with DDD, he will drop on the tier list.
This is how I feel about Wario atm.

Top Bottom