• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIMS3:: Springfield, IL -- Oct. 17th

_kSo_

Smash Master
oh **** peef you better bring the whole evansville crew and get dis e-ville vs peoria crew battle goin

lollll do work son

PEEF!

Smash Hero
But I'm not coming unless Jekyll does.

We have some teamWORK to do haha.

darkatma

Smash Hero
anyone else get really tired after tourney matches and then don't wanna play friendlies?
that happened to me at both SMYM9 and 10 loll

this time i'll make sure i get all my MMs in before singles or something loll

do you guys ever record teams? I really want some of me/geno's matches recorded to see what teamwork stuff we could work on so we can beat more good people =]

Dart

Smash Lord
idk tbh...we don't get too many matches recorded...at least we didn't at the last one. we got basically the important ones though. But, if we bring stuff maybe we can get recording **** on more than one freaking tv i hope. Not that im bashing how its ran, just telling you what i've witnessed/noticed. BTW i wish it was at Blakes house again. that was too good

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, we need to have commentary too, last TIMS was soo funny and no commentary was recorded..

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I tried to commentate with my sarcastic commentary style but I got Darkrain to Sliq'd via Tomacawk w/ Black Panther to the assist =(

Evansville vs. P-town is going down if we have the numbers to do so.

Dart

Smash Lord
I tried to commentate with my sarcastic commentary style but I got Darkrain to Sliq'd via Tomacawk w/ Black Panther to the assist =(

Evansville vs. P-town is going down if we have the numbers to do so.
the way he wrote this is quite illegible he meant "i pulled a sliq on darkrain with my commentary" BP and Tomacawk were POed somewhat and basically told him to STFU for the remainder of the match XD

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I think rather than commentating, we should put a mic in front of the crowd to get reactions + sync that to the video.
SUPER IMPORTANT EDIT-
I have confirmed that I CAN house people. Purdue is housed. Peef I'll house you but I can't house your whole crew (dont know them that well) so you may want to sleep with them (no homo)? You all will have to work that out.
Also, all I have for you guys to sleep on is a floor with a blanket under you (i have 2, maybe 3 reclining chairs). I HIGHLY suggest you bring blankets. And if anybody wants housing, let me know, I'll ask if I can house more, but I need to be well acquainted with you.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Umm, at the last tims, a good amount of matches were in fact recorded, oranos has some, I have some, like I think almost half of all matches played were recorded, because in later brackets, people made sure to play on record set ups.

@ commentary, if anyone commentates, I nominate kourck to, seriously, I think everyone from springfield will second that, and for a second person, maybe tomacawk and gambit could switch off and on?

I like your idea luke, but I think for that to be cool, you need like 40 people minimum.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
not if we forced everybody to be loud =D
I'd like to commentate a little bit but idk it's not that important to me to have commentary. the only commentary where i honestly enjoy it more with than without is west coast's

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
catching up on recent comments...

I'd imagine that we'd record at least one tv for both games lol (for finals & some other important bracket matches, singles & dubs) So, bring a recording setup if you wanna.. anybody

I'm fine with just recording without commentary, because I realize that average & poor levels of commentary drive people away (and then people have different views on what's "good"). Considering how slow the SMYM videos were, I'd rather just have somebody record without commentary and put vids up quicker, than deal with the hassle(or confusion?) involved with syncing commentary to the games.

It'd be cool if Evansville could make it out here :) Hopefully you & Peoria will do a crew battle instead of playing friendlies 8 ft apart this time lol

Chewyy -> I'll have empty pool sheets printed off and brought with me there (empty tio sheets of either 6 or 8 people), so I should be ok on that as long as I bring pens/pencils along with me. Help from you is always appreciated, but I should have that bit covered.

*Edit* if we did commentary, I wouldn't want anyone on there for too long at a time because you can get stale, but yeah.. kourck's random stuff would be interesting. Hopefully we can get some people who won't mind chatting about metagame or strategy on top of just "omg he just took that combo like a *****"

Dart

Smash Lord
I think rather than commentating, we should put a mic in front of the crowd to get reactions + sync that to the video.
SUPER IMPORTANT EDIT-
I have confirmed that I CAN house people. Purdue is housed. Peef I'll house you but I can't house your whole crew (dont know them that well) so you may want to sleep with them (no homo)? You all will have to work that out.
Also, all I have for you guys to sleep on is a floor with a blanket under you (i have 2, maybe 3 reclining chairs). I HIGHLY suggest you bring blankets. And if anybody wants housing, let me know, I'll ask if I can house more, but I need to be well acquainted with you.
wait so who do we know is for sure getting housed? Are we going by how well you know us or are we going by distance? cuz i'd like it if ALL of peoria crew could stay

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well I'll house peoria and purdue for sure
but yall need to bring ur own **** like pillows, blankets, whatev
bring some setups too well play all night in my garage smoking kush
and is it possible for peoria to go home the night of the tourny so I can have more room to house people who are further away? if not it's cool and Iw ill house you, but then more "needy" people may be SOL

Dart

Smash Lord
well I'll house peoria and purdue for sure
but yall need to bring ur own **** like pillows, blankets, whatev
bring some setups too well play all night in my garage smoking kush
and is it possible for peoria to go home the night of the tourny so I can have more room to house people who are further away? if not it's cool and Iw ill house you, but then more "needy" people may be SOL
whats the point of housing us if its not the night of the tourney? i figured we'd leave the day after, seeing as how half of the crew has work.

kourck

Smash Cadet
Oranos, want me to bring a printer for pools or any stuff like that? I'm willing to help anyway that I can.
I just wanted to post to confirm that you should bring your printer; Liifenomics and I plan on registering for doubles with a team name that is represented by an unpronounceable character that will need to be printed out in situ.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I just wanted to post to confirm that you should bring your printer; Liifenomics and I plan on registering for doubles with a team name that is represented by an unpronounceable character that will need to be printed out in situ.
this is why i hate love you
kurt you should chill at my house post tourny until you're ready to collapse
bring cody, too

also
anybody want to moneymatch me 1v1 halo 1 or 2?
also, I'll have my 2v2 partner there, 2v2 h2 moneymatches are also acceptable

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok umm...I don't really know if I'll stay at your house or not honestly Luke. Something about waking up at 8 to drive home doesn't sound fun, then again, the same could be said for driving home at 2 in the morning...so yeah, up in the air for that one...

As for commentary, I wouldn't mind doing some. Only bad thing is me going on extremely long tangents, which I'm not guaranteeing I won't do that. Just saying. Gotta have SOMEONE from P-Town commentate, and Anthony laughs at what I say sometimes...

Dart

Smash Lord
Ok umm...I don't really know if I'll stay at your house or not honestly Luke. Something about waking up at 8 to drive home doesn't sound fun, then again, the same could be said for driving home at 2 in the morning...so yeah, up in the air for that one...

As for commentary, I wouldn't mind doing some. Only bad thing is me going on extremely long tangents, which I'm not guaranteeing I won't do that. Just saying. Gotta have SOMEONE from P-Town commentate, and Anthony laughs at what I say sometimes...
Maybe we could get a HMW and phil thing going...You say something ****ing hilarious (phil) and i'll repeat it a hundred times (HMW) seems to work well

chewyy

Smash Ace
Chewyy -> I'll have empty pool sheets printed off and brought with me there (empty tio sheets of either 6 or 8 people), so I should be ok on that as long as I bring pens/pencils along with me. Help from you is always appreciated, but I should have that bit covered."
Lol, I'll bring some stuff and leave it in the car unless it's needed.

edit: Oh and I've got a capture card and a mike... and I'm PRETTY sure the computer can use both at the same time... I'll mess with it this weekend... Would be sweet if I could use the computers built in microphone (the crowd), a headset (the commentary), AND the capture card (the game) at the same time.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
brett, brandon is coming and he'll be my partner. You don't want any.
Rashad I'd team with you but I'm teaming with George and I'm pretty sure he's coming
if purdue falls through I'll team with you

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Speaking of which, who wants to team with me?
I'd bet doomshroom would be up for teaming with you (neither of us have a teammate currently, and might not team together) Want me to ask him later if he'd wanna? (he's the guy who played Mario against you at the last TIMS)

Oh, and Toma.. can you leave the halo matches for your house, if possible? Or keep it in the car until later friendlies & stuff?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Maybe we could get a HMW and phil thing going...You say something ****ing hilarious (phil) and i'll repeat it a hundred times (HMW) seems to work well
You've got that totally backwards.

But whatever. They are the most entertaining game commentators period.

Commentary will work like this: Whoever wants to talk will, and if its working its working. If not then someone will tell them. This is how it always has worked and always will.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
brawlpro your playstyle is really interesting.

You seem very technical, but you never dashdance, or really move at all, just stand and raep. Like Dope.

Top Bottom