• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

Tony_

Smash Ace
Guys, no Archie characters are going to be used at all. This includes anyone from the 80's toon as well. It'll be mainly Mirage stuff, which explains the dark look. Hopefully Usagi Yojimbo will be in this as a hidden character, since he DID appear in the mirage TMNT comics.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, no Archie characters are going to be used at all. This includes anyone from the 80's toon as well. It'll be mainly Mirage stuff, which explains the dark look. Hopefully Usagi Yojimbo will be in this as a hidden character, since he DID appear in the mirage TMNT comics.
The articles themselves said that it won't be based off any of the series, but created of it's own story. Technically they could include other series characters if they feel it would be beneficial. It said the Mirage team is picking the characters, but they may pick popular characters from other versions of the ninja turtles...Or they may not, whatever. I'm still hoping they do.

Besides, I'm betting they redesign the characters from the Mirage comics anyway to fit the style they plan on using.

Tony_

Smash Ace
The articles themselves said that it won't be based off any of the series, but created of it's own story. Technically they could include other series characters if they feel it would be beneficial. It said the Mirage team is picking the characters, but they may pick popular characters from other versions of the ninja turtles...Or they may not, whatever. I'm still hoping they do.

Besides, I'm betting they redesign the characters from the Mirage comics anyway to fit the style they plan on using.
They should put in Krang for and his armor for lulz. That style would work perfectly and wouldn't even clash, considering Krang IS an Utrom.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still would like to see Bebop and Rocksteady, even if they aren't exactly necessary

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Yojimbo however, is owned by a different author, so unless they pay him stuff, he may not appear here.

It's a similar case with Capcom's Strider Hiryu and Tatsunoko's Karas.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure they can get Usagi

They better, he's awesome

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What version of Shredder do you think they're going to use? Personally I want

Plus

Wow. His Armor goes from Ninja to Samurai.
The first one.

The Demon Shredder, despite being infinite levels of awesome, only appeared in the 2003 cartoon.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Wouldn't this be more exciting if Melee's developers were creating this? :p
I would want them to make it, but after they made Kirby Air Ride makes me not want them to make it. It's a fun game but it didn't have enough features to make the game last you know. ♥

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I would want them to make it, but after they made Kirby Air Ride makes me not want them to make it. It's a fun game but it didn't have enough features to make the game last you know. ♥
Yeah, but Kirby's Air Ride was a completely different kind of game, where as Melee was similar to what this new TMNT game is supposed to be like. So if they were making this game, it makes more sense to compare it to the game that's similar to it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://i39.tinypic.com/2u8ied1.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/34qse9d.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ia3gk7.jpg

Yeah, It DOES look like smash bros.

There are also screen shots at IGN, but they don't make it looks like smash bros compared to these screen shots.

It's not suppose to be tied to any Ninja Turtles series, but the graphics make it look like the (New) movie, so most likely it'll be closer to the 2003 cartoon than anything (Which is the closest series to the original comic, other than the original comic itself)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's like waiting for Brawl all over again...
Except without the DOJO

I'm just really hoping to see some 1987 cartoon characters in this, or something...

If they add Slash though, take his look from his comic counterpart, not the cartoon. He looked horrible in the cartoon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I have to agree. Significantly slower than Brawl too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to agree. Significantly slower than Brawl too.
I don't think they actually showed real gameplay in that reveal trailer.

The screen shots looks different from that entirely

It probably was only cinematic.

Alzi

Smash Master
That did not look no way close to gameplay more of a taste for us to see some concept in it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I know the Wii's graphics won't look like that unless they made a new upgrade to make it look like that. XD

Other than that, I watch the trailer ten time's because I liked it. =D

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
People ACTUALLY think that's gameplay in the trailer?

Unless this will be like the LEAST violent fighting game ever in which you can't even stab enemies, it's not gameplay.

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
This looks to be promising. I look forward to playing it when it comes out. The ninja turtles were always fun, especially the older games.

Zarkai

Smash Rookie

IGN: Are you working to implement any other Wii technology into the game? Wii MotionPlus? Classic controller? Wii Speak?

Ferriter: Ubisoft doesn't currently have any plans to implement the Wii MotionPlus or Wii Speak accessories, but we do plan on giving players several controller options to choose from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like classic controller is going to be in it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IGN: Are you working to implement any other Wii technology into the game? Wii MotionPlus? Classic controller? Wii Speak?

Ferriter: Ubisoft doesn't currently have any plans to implement the Wii MotionPlus or Wii Speak accessories, but we do plan on giving players several controller options to choose from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like classic controller is going to be in it.
...and gamecube controller.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or or or Tournament Fighter favorites like Chrome Dome (the robot), Rat-King, War, and Armaggeon (the shark).
Well, most of those are also old-school favorites...

Admittingly I had no idea who War and Armaggon were before I got Tournament Fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
War and Armagon won't be in, but being able to play as a flying shark would have been sweet.
Well, both War and Armaggon WERE made by Mirage...

Though they are likely low priority.

neous

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to fear that this game isnt going to be any good at all :[
although team ninja's involvement provides a little hope

and a large majority of that trailer is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3mZ...E5FC9E71&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=65
lol

perhaps the use of pre existing material shows a lack of effort put into making this a "good game". hopefully i am wrong.

here are more scans:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/sets/72157611894456282/detail/

info as summarized by NG4.com that provided a link to the scans:
- official title is TMNT: Smash Up
- dark, gritty graphics
- some real-world inspired locations: Manhattan skyline, unspecified jungle arena, motel roof
- defeat opponents by depleting health meter or via stage knock-out, much like the Smash Bros. series
- some context-sensitive moves
- no motion-controlled attacks, but there will be motion controls for other aspects
- levels change as you fight, start in one location and end up in another
- pizza restores health
- Peter Laird (TMNT co-creator) is writing the single-player story
- Mirage (comic publisher) is filling out the roster
- Splinter and the Turtles are the only confirmed fighters thus far
- 4-player online reconfirmed

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know, I'd hope that Smashboards would make a subforum for this game like Melee and Brawl. It IS TMNT: Smash Up, so the name would stay intact. That and the fighting style is similar to the Smash Bros. series, even has taunts and special moves. Where Smash Bros. has wall jumping and wall clinging, Smash Up has wall running. I know who I'd main already: Donatello.

Top Bottom