• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Ok, I'll try that.

What about why it's bad to charge arrows/use usmash early.
Save your Usmash for the kill bruh. Especially against a CF as he could survive to unpainfully high percents thanks to his fall speed. Use utilt at low percents. Charged arrows are slow and predictable so I don't use them, and neither does every other pro Toon Link =\

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I remember that one video when Santi used charged arrows over and over again to stop a snake from recovering and get like, 30% on him and then got the kill.

I like how charged arrows are really good in certain situations.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
A~Kid/ToonethLinkage said:
Save your Usmash for the kill bruh. Especially against a CF as he could survive to unpainfully high percents thanks to his fall speed. Use utilt at low percents. Charged arrows are slow and predictable so I don't use them, and neither does every other pro Toon Link =\
For the Usmash thing, that's what I was thinking; it should be fresh for the kill, but I was also wondering, wouldn't it be fresh again later after using a whole bunch of other moves? For the arrows, maybe I'll just use it rarely.
sasukebowser said:
I remember that one video when Santi used charged arrows over and over again to stop a snake from recovering and get like, 30% on him and then got the kill. I like how charged arrows are really good in certain situations.
I was laughing so hard the 1st time I saw that. double post, sorry. wrong button

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont like critiquing friendlies much anymore. Cause usually your friend is around the same level and is the reason you make those mistakes.

One thing I do remember is that it seemed you was just attacking aimlessly. Like you didnt have a set strategy or anything. Thats not so smart.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I dont like critiquing friendlies much anymore. Cause usually your friend is around the same level and is the reason you make those mistakes.

One thing I do remember is that it seemed you was just attacking aimlessly. Like you didnt have a set strategy or anything. Thats not so smart.
Finallly a response, lol.
If you don't mind answering, what kind of strategies do you use? I think that varies from match up to match up.. right

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
HOORAY! I've finally been able to (not mastered) Toon Link's pivot! :D I can pivot Fsmash while running, pivot Dsmash while and the grab while running so it could have less ending lag. :D I still haven't mastered it but I just wanted to share it. lol

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
sasuke will you add me so i can send videos to be critiqued?
It it's a yes ill send vid next time I face my brother.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
PM me your Brawl friend code and Wii number thing in an hour or so, ok?

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
thank you, I will
*edit sorry how do I Delete this message I just realized its spam

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot. Work is distracting me. xD

Be a little more careful with your approaches. Defiantly use more aerials and less dash attack when you approach. Try using Bair or Nair after you force airdodges instead of using slower moves.
Be more careful at the ledge, lol.
Make sure to pressured opponents offstage/ on the ledge with projectiles. And just be like, overall safer. Keep an eye on the guy you're playing against so you don't get hit by dumb stuff.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot. Work is distracting me. xD

Be a little more careful with your approaches. Defiantly use more aerials and less dash attack when you approach. Try using Bair or Nair after you force airdodges instead of using slower moves.
Be more careful at the ledge, lol.
Make sure to pressured opponents offstage/ on the ledge with projectiles. And just be like, overall safer. Keep an eye on the guy you're playing against so you don't get hit by dumb stuff.
I don't know why I even used Dash Attack.. It has long end lag :S *johns*
Thanks for the help. Is there a video or something of what to do at the ledge?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Uhh, I have one on youtube called "ledge tricks" or something. I can't really link it. =/
You can probably find it if you search "sasukebowser ledge tricks" on youtube.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There aren't any videos of you in the OP, Smith?
I could have sworn I added you at some point. o_O

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Smith some tips:

Learn to SDI pikachu's down smash, you just tap up. that should not be killing you. also watch out when you pull bombs in the air people usually like to take that time to hit you. when you throw bombs downward instead consider bomb dropping then leaning away from the opponent if you need some space.

/end tips

good matches overall

Also sasuke could you edit my fox vid's title? (the one I had you record) My opponent was Asce

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
:/ I didnt use much TL in the smashfest yesterday >_>. But sasuke, if I send u a replay of my marth (lol) vs a zelda can u upload it?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What color should I put your name as? >_>

The available ones are the colors of TL's costumes.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm at work. ^_^;

I'll watch them all when I can get a break.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
We need more people critiquing :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbrjFeZa-cY
Excel Zero (mk) vs S@nT (TL) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgIX8grHK0&feature=related
Excel Zero (mk) vs S@nT (TL) 2

Get ***** me :(.

PS- I want them both critiqued, rated, etc.
Those were awesome matches, considering MK has a pretty big advantage over TL , you got pretty darn close to winning. Great use of bombs and projectile spam.
Curse that shuttle loop.

There really isn't anything to critique.

Hmm, can anybody see what I was doing wrong in my matches? (My previous post.)
Pretty good Oni, you limited your bomb usage (**** pikmen:mad:) and got up close with jabs and zairs>nairs.
You went for the gimp when you could :) make sure you can get back onstage though.
Just DI throws accordingly and dodge Olimars deadly follow ups.

Overall ya played the matchup well.

Top Bottom