• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I see...

You sure you created him?

I've rumors of some Sakurai guy...

Dunno who he is but people say he created everything, except one of his servants served him a rotten grape one day and he got angry and put in tripping.

Santi

Smash Lord
Sakurai is a doucher

I emailed him about 4 months ago telling him what I thought of him
:)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Myuru~. Too many bombs.

Well actually more like not enough other stuff. You see, bombs are good when you use them effectively but in order to do that your opponent can't be expecting them, myu.

You have to mix it up a little or you'll never be able to camp better players effectively, myu. I thought you were starting to get it with the boomerang stuff and when you bair'd the Wolf into your bomb but then you went back to bombs again.

Myuu~...

In other words, try to have a little more variety otherwise your opponent will get used to your style pretty quickly.

You have to deep them on their toes, myu!

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Myuru. I recently learned it's possible to camp with your sword.

Plus I said you used the boomerang well when you used it.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Huh...This one's a little hard to critique...It would be so much easier if it was a match on a neutral...

Not that it's bad, but the spam was really heavy/repetitive. Eh, spamming that much isn't actually bad at all, but as Shadow Moth said with those annoying myus... Needs more mix-up. To be fair though, a lot of it wasn't your fault. You went for a lot of bomb pull-arrow cancels and those don't work consistently on Pirate Ship...My biggest problem is that I know your much better than this/ I've seen videos or you proving you are better than this. I feel this match does a poor job representing you.

Right, so...Basic Advice:
A lot more boomerang-Just mix it in with bombs
Mix up your entire game more; not just projectiles-I felt like I knew what you were about to do every step of the way...Instead of Zair>Nair, go for some Zair>Grab (especially if they hold shield), Zair>Grounded Up-B, or Zair>Dair (Hard to do, but works well. Just FF then SH Dair)

Don't take this as any form of insult. As always, you are an amazing player. I just feel this wasn't one of your better matches

edit: 2 posts occured while I was writing this...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
or Zair>Dair (Hard to do, but works well. Just FF then SH Dair)
As Sheikant's crewmate and casual opponent, i have to say... This will never work. I always punish his dairs because they are so predictable. It's much better to stick to something that's working for you instead of doing the chameleon and changing your strategy 10 times in just 1 match...

Once something doesn't work (or you feel like they're gonna find a way around it), it's time to start mixing up... not just replacing that 10-frame startup attack with 9 frames of jumping and 1-frame startup attack.

Other than that, no comment, since I don't play TL. :chuckle:

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well it's like I said, myu. I think against a better opponent this strategy wouldn't work at all. I'm not just saying that you need to arrow cancel more, myu, you need to actually take advantage of your close range attacks.

In my opinion, the reason you won was because that wolf was shy in the air. If your looking at his playstyle it feels to me like he was always trying to reach the ground.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well we can critique your team and your part in the team, myu.

Myuru. First of all you team work seamed alright though you guys should've supported each other more if you're on a team. It's not just about taking on two guys at once it's about getting each others backs, myu.

Secondly, you sort of seemed tentative in the air. Myu, it almost felt like you were being shy once you left the ground.

Other than that, zair and bair more and f-tilt less.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Wow, didn't expect a response so fast.

Yeah, Supergamer and I team a lot, but I'm not used to teaming with his Zelda (up til this point he had used Lucario), so I was unsure of how best to cover him. I know when I play Zelda, anyone near me in the air takes a Lightning Kick, so the reason I was tentative in the air was because I wanted to avoid meeting that fate.

And, Zair works well in teams too?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You guys are being so mean...

Fine I'll stop if you guys get off my back.

Myuru~. :(
I'm not a TL user, and it doesn't bother me...

... Might it mean something important?

Just ignore the Myuru~'s and we'll all live happier. Not like it's making TL a worse character.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Guys, STOP. Stop the unnecessary spam. The issue is already resolved.

Let's get back on track.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
@DTL: HEY!! :mad:

IF I CAN'T SAY MYU YOU DEFINITELY ARE BANNED FROM IT!!!

Myuru.

It's fun isn't it, myu?

Saying myu that is.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Please stop posting things unrelated to the thread.

Thank you.

Tornament tomorrow. Expect a flood of fail videos from my part to critique. This is my first tournament since September, so it'll be interesting.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Tornament tomorrow. Expect a flood of fail videos from my part to critique. This is my first tournament since September, so it'll be interesting.
We'll save replays in my Wii then upload them (somehow)... Unless you'd like to save your own replays?

I'll save and upload the matches you want me to save and upload.

I'll send you my FC and Brawl Code via PM. Oh, and you guys better get ready for my critiques. I lost every single match ^_^. I'll have them up earliest on Sunday night.

Top Bottom