• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Tournament Results/Discuss Thread (updated 2/1/11)

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Lobos

Smash Master
It depends on what seed he got in pools for example...

At CoT4 it was 6-7 people per pool and top 3 make it out into 64 man bracket (same of apex) I got 4th seed and got 97th.....Last in bracket was 64th......So if it was a 32 man bracket.....and pools with top 3 making it out then it would be 33rd last in bracket and 4th seed would be 64th, 5th would be 97, etc....

I hope that makes sense lol

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Yeah you just dont hear about them, I followed Aniki in melee when learning Link.......

Who else besides me has gone OOS? Hryo, Jerm, Santi, Jash, Chip, and Quivo? Did I miss anyone?
I've been to SC. and PO4 is next. ;)

Near's gone OOS to WI

-Smith

Hyro

Smash Lord
It depends on what seed he got in pools for example...

At CoT4 it was 6-7 people per pool and top 3 make it out into 64 man bracket (same of apex) I got 4th seed and got 97th.....Last in bracket was 64th......So if it was a 32 man bracket.....and pools with top 3 making it out then it would be 33rd last in bracket and 4th seed would be 64th, 5th would be 97, etc....

I hope that makes sense lol
Yeah it does, thanks.
---
25, 33, 49, 65, 97, 127, 169, 211, 253

So dalub, 3rd in your pool, top 2 made it out, you'd have...49 I think.

I've been to SC. and PO4 is next. ;)

Near's gone OOS to WI

-Smith
Near's going to PO4 too. I'ma try to as well.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hyro, I got 25th at hobo 19. Sorry guys =/

I have legit johns, but doesnt matter. I'll step it up next time =]

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Hyro

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zIWsHqb90&feature=related

*Dances* =) =P
Tengo que jugar contigo en algun momento ^^ si voy a PR o nos vemos en un torneo en USA si es que coincidimos =)

There were 20 pools at HOBO 17, 100 people, there were 5 in every pool, so, top 2 would pass, so there would be 40 in bracket, so since i was 3rd at my pool, i would be 41, 4th would be 61 and 5th 81. So i was 41 at last ^^
But there's no such thing as 41 place lol

http://www.smashpr.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38365&postcount=39

Question: It's a bracket of 32, but there were only 22 entrants. What should I put?

For TLMSheikant: 3rd of 32 at The New Bloodline Tournament 10/3/09
For me: 17th of 32 at The New Bloodline Tournament 10/3/09

I didn't do too well. I'll do better next time.
Goes by number of entrants, not bracket size

Radori Nighthawk. 5th out of 64 at Otakon 2009.
Need the date and do you have a link?

Alzi

Smash Master
Corpse is going to a big tourney thats being held in Melbourne it will have about 100 people or maybe higher so you can see how well he goes. Results should be up on Monday.

Hyro do you think you should put my name up there? I've placed 4th 4 times and 3rd once. Just will need to give you dates and i will do that tommorow.

grandra

Smash Rookie
me and my college roomate will be going to a tournament in mineola, NY this saturday, ally will be there, so kinda nervous as well as exicted lol.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Done twink

Yeah alzi, if you want your results up just give me the dates, names of the tourneys, your place, and the number of entrants.

good luck grandra

af 32 sin
33, 41, 49, 57, 65

13 of 33 Gigabrawl 7-25-09 (First tourney ever ^_^)
Oops double post shut up

Check the first post, I added results for some people and there was another tourney you been to. You forgot? lol

Also added results for:

Me
Jerm
Lobos
Santi
Jash
Quivo
Corpsecreate
Radori
Alzi

I also edited some incorrect entrants numbers.

I need to know the dates of these tournies:

Objection! 4
We have Mic
I have the rest of the info here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227548
but it doesn't say the dates.

Any info on Objection! 2???

and I need the date and link for Otakon 4

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Mass Madness is lame, still no results. There were like 50 or 60 people there though, and from what's been said I know melito and I lost to the same guy (we both should've won our match vs him. I think we both took him last stock high %, even after a suicide). And I think someone mentioned he got 17th, which would place me at either 13th or 9th. MM does this every time it's really annoying.

besides that umm... I got 5th of 17 at BatL 3 and 7th of 15 at Icy's 4. New England has horrible summer turnouts, only the top players go so seeding is always bad.

MJG

Smash Hero
Oops double post shut up

Check the first post, I added results for some people and there was another tourney you been to. You forgot? lol

Also added results for:

Me
Jerm
Lobos
Santi
Jash
Quivo
Corpsecreate
Radori
Alzi

I also edited some incorrect entrants numbers.

I need to know the dates of these tournies:

Objection! 4
We have Mic
I have the rest of the info here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227548
but it doesn't say the dates.

Any info on Objection! 2???

and I need the date and link for Otakon 4
Ya. It only slipped my mind since the Wichita people didn't even consider it a tournament since so many people cancelled (or something like that)

Will be attending Midwest-West Championships on the 24th of October.

Alzi

Smash Master
OMG.

CORPSE PLACED 1ST IN A BIG BRAWL TOURNEY IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA.

1ST OUT OF 84 OR SO PEOPLE.

Toon link all the way!.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
O_O! Wow amazing shiz Corpse.
84 people is big for an Aussie Tourney, I can't believe a Toon Link won it.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I may be reading this wrong, but accordong to Caotic there were 103 entrants.
It's for everything! 98 people paid in total, total entrants = 103

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm really not too sure. But i think it was 84.

More info should be clear by tommorow. Yeah corpse is pretty bad *** if you tell me he did well.

Jupz

Smash Master
103 including melee and brawl, 84 for brawl only.

But yeah corpse only lost 2 matches the whole time and didn't drop a set.

He was 6-1 against second place (beat him 3-0 and 3-1)

Vlade

Social Outcast
It was hilarious since the East coasters kept trashtalking me since I always lost to a TOON LINK main at every grand final in perth lulz

Ah irony is sweet

Hyro

Smash Lord
We have Mic was on October 4th 2009.

The PK brawl tourney was on 1/3/09 as seen in this vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx3cJBWN0ZM

Sam won that btw not sure what i came on the day.

Don't know about the others :(.
What's "The PK brawl tourney"?? Is that Objection 4?? I don't even think I have any results for PK.

Mass Madness is lame, still no results. There were like 50 or 60 people there though, and from what's been said I know melito and I lost to the same guy (we both should've won our match vs him. I think we both took him last stock high %, even after a suicide). And I think someone mentioned he got 17th, which would place me at either 13th or 9th. MM does this every time it's really annoying.

besides that umm... I got 5th of 17 at BatL 3 and 7th of 15 at Icy's 4. New England has horrible summer turnouts, only the top players go so seeding is always bad.
Need dates for those tourneys.

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything...but check out this result of mine:

2 of 104 at Mechacon V - 7/25/09

It means nothing. About 100 of the 104 were noobs.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
@ Vlade, you should be losing to us anyway. You all **** us. >__> Step it up? =P

How the hell did you all find out about that tourney at Essex is was in? I never told you all that? O__O Stalkers? Seriously how though?

Points @ Lobos post, I too placed 9th. I really should have did better. I wanted to fight Pyronic Star and beat him.....again. ;)

Also Hyro, you didn't add my Otakon 2009 placing. =P 5th out for 64 singles. :) 7/18/09

Got more. Sassy's BS tourney 5th out of 10. 10/03/09 (Beat Pyronic Star/Logic =P)

Hat's BS tourney 5th out of 10 Sept 2009

Wow I get 5th alot. >_>

copacetic

Smash Journeyman

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Dude Corpse Rocks! I have to see vids of his matches. Any idea when they're likely to be uploaded?
Yay I'm home!

Not sure exactly when they will be up. Pretty sure Shaya will be the one to upload them, rough guess I'd say they wont all be up until at least Wednesday or Thursday. But maybe Shaya will surprise us and get them up even earlier!

Hyro

Smash Lord
Still Hyro, 2nd place isn't bad :p

Unless you should have won :p
No lol, you don't know what I mean. For example, here's a tourney result from Dalub, a Toon Link from South America:

2 of 64 at GameExpo SSBB Tournament - 12/7/08

Dalub came to the US for Hobo 17, but he didn't make it out of pools.

What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter how you place if the people you play aren't great players.

And just using you as an example Dalub, ily<3

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
No lol, you don't know what I mean. For example, here's a tourney result from Dalub, a Toon Link from South America:

2 of 64 at GameExpo SSBB Tournament - 12/7/08

Dalub came to the US for Hobo 17, but he didn't make it out of pools.

What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter how you place if the people you play aren't great players.

And just using you as an example Dalub, ily<3
Actually i'm not a noob for ^ that, i have johns, but it won't change anything X_X
But i do agree with HyRo.
A 30th place would mean more at a HOBO tournament than a 2nd place at THAT Venezuelan Tournament (that was a noob one lolz).
Ily too HyRo but i felt kinda offended =(

Hyro

Smash Lord
Actually i'm not a noob for ^ that, i have johns, but it won't change anything X_X
But i do agree with HyRo.
A 30th place would mean more at a HOBO tournament than a 2nd place at THAT Venezuelan Tournament (that was a noob one lolz).
Ily too HyRo but i felt kinda offended =(
You shouldn't, I got 65th at my first OoS tournament lmao

But yeah, this:

"A 30th place would mean more at a HOBO tournament than a 2nd place at THAT Venezuelan Tournament (that was a noob one lolz). "

Top Bottom