• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Tournament Results/Discuss Thread (updated 2/1/11)

Muzga

Smash Ace
pretty much australia has an east coast and a west coast. Pretty much high tier characters dominate the east, everyone knows corpse uses toon link but nobody took him seriously because its toon link. so he *****.

but yeah, toon link wins all the western tournies which are kinda independent of whatever goes on in the east coast. as a result the list that comes out is kinda strange

Lobos

Smash Master
Underestimating Took Link = FAIL

Good stuff Corpse! It would be cool to see some people rep Australia at Pound 4 since it seems like every other country is coming lol

Hyro

Smash Lord
pretty much australia has an east coast and a west coast. Pretty much high tier characters dominate the east, everyone knows corpse uses toon link but nobody took him seriously because its toon link. so he *****.

but yeah, toon link wins all the western tournies which are kinda independent of whatever goes on in the east coast. as a result the list that comes out is kinda strange
A metaknight...do people in Australia powershield?

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol Hyro you are so mean to us Australian's :p.

I'm not sure when PK was though :(.I think it was objection 1 though.

Alzi

Smash Master

Sam came first again out of like 14 people.

No one has like defeated him in a tourney set i wonder what will happen if someone does....

Hyro

Smash Lord
I only found everybody's **** when I first made it since it was empty. Now people are supposed to post it. If I see a result somewhere though I'll probably add it.

Just got back from a tourney, got first in teams and singles and it was like the hardest most exhausting thing ever. Jerm, wario matchup is NOT in our favor. When you come to LAST, mm Jnig, you'll see.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I also got first in teams today, and 5th in singles. I need work on singles, lost to someone I shouldnt have.. again lol

And i'll side bet you that I'll beat jnig. I've 2 stocked every wario..

Hyro

Smash Lord
I also got first in teams today, and 5th in singles. I need work on singles, lost to someone I shouldnt have.. again lol

And i'll side bet you that I'll beat jnig. I've 2 stocked every wario..
Lol, I dunno about any sidebets now XD

Post your results!! Or if you're lazy I'll find it some other time just tell me the tournies. Is it...hobo 20 and no koast? Did you even go to no koast?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
No, its a houston tournament at UH. Like 20 something people entered.

1st Gnes
2nd Flip
3rd Ozz
4th Zori
5th Me <3
5th Trela

I forget the rest

Teams was..

Me and Trela 1st
Gnes and zori second 2nd
Trex and 3000 3rd.

MJG

Smash Hero
Lol, I dunno about any sidebets now XD

Post your results!! Or if you're lazy I'll find it some other time just tell me the tournies. Is it...hobo 20 and no koast? Did you even go to no koast?
I was looking forward to seeing jerm at no koast but he was a no show. I got knocked out by a wario (basseem). Idk why I fail against them so badly @.@

Waiting for the results.
I entered under the name "Ensis" or "Ensas"
Idk..the TIO messed up a lot of things that day due to the lack of sleep. and he ***** lain verbally which was probably one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, I was gonna quit before no koast. But people convinced me to play again, so I just went to the tournament down here. Sowwy

Hyro

Smash Lord
****, buncha results from yesterday, TL's ***** **** this weekend:

~mjg~
singles
17 of 100+ at NO KOAST v2 - 10/24/09
doubles
13 of 41 at NO KOAST v2 - 10/24/09

copacetic
singles
9 of 34 at SMB4 - 10/24/09
doubles
9 of 17 at SMB4 - 10/24/09

Hyro
singles
1 of 16 at Fall Smash - 10/24/09
doubles
1 of 9 at Fall Smash - 10/24/09

Jash
singles
13 of 100 at Road to Viridian City Monthlies #6 - 10/24/09
doubles
7 of 31 at Road to Viridian City Monthlies #6 - 10/24/09

Jerm
singles
5 of 22 at University of Houston Brawlfest - 10/24/09
doubles
1 of 11 at University of Houston Brawlfest - 10/24/09

---

I got lucky Lee was out of town lol.

Jerm I've been getting kinda tired of playin lately too...I feel like if every character was played perfectly...TL would be bottom tier. Everyone in LA is getting WAY too good at the TL matchup.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea hyro, I know exactly what you mean. But Im starting from the bottom again, and I think we just need to improve ourselfs mentally regarding the actual game. Not focus on making TL as a character himself much better. That'll just come naturally.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
I think we all get tired of it and wanna quit at some point :/

We get past it though...for awhile anyway.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I quit going to tourneys when summar started.
I'm going to start going again after my 18th birthday and hopefully place much better after practicing so much. =P

I prefer using the word "break" instead of quit.

Normally, I would only take breaks from Smash for school or personal issues, since Smash is only a hobby. I'm never gonna quit playing Smash though. I love it too much.

Hyro

Smash Lord
This character takes way too much effort to be good with. I feel like we have to try harder than other people do...to reach the same place.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
This character takes way too much effort to be good with. I feel like we have to try harder than other people do...to reach the same place.
Pretty much. He doesn't have a simple gay strategy he can dominate with like some other chars.

MJG

Smash Hero
Pretty much. He doesn't have a simple gay strategy he can dominate with like some other chars.
This is why our character will always be slightly more than average...but not with the big players.

I like how some character, like falco, can only use a few moves during a match and win easily while we have to use almost all of our moves and we have to have several different mix ups. But I, and the rest of you, chose to main this character.

Yes he does.

Go on Lylat Cruise or Battlefield and platform camp with bombs. When one guy comes near you, jump to the next platform and pull/toss a bomb. When he gets near you again, do the same thing. It works on more than half the cast.

It doesn't work against people with projectiles that can go upward, like Peach, Link, Diddy or Snake, but it works against Falco, and other people that have poor vertical reach.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
TLs the hardest chatacter to use, man.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
SMB4 - 10/24/09: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253415
9th of 34
Literally, the results thread just turned into a thread about how to beat me. Flattering, but totally not cool.

I think I know how to beat Marth now after facing Darc. First game he 3-stocked me, second I made pretty close. And I finally got over my MK & Falco problems, and I'm getting close to beating Icylight's Olimar.

I'm suddenly excited to play brawl again.

MJG

Smash Hero
SMB4 - 10/24/09: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253415
9th of 34
Literally, the results thread just turned into a thread about how to beat me. Flattering, but totally not cool.

I think I know how to beat Marth now after facing Darc. First game he 3-stocked me, second I made pretty close. And I finally got over my MK & Falco problems, and I'm getting close to beating Icylight's Olimar.

I'm suddenly excited to play brawl again.
Try to get olimar in the air often..not as easy as it sounds...and try not to attack his shield @.@. You can always jab after a misspaced Zair. Side step doesnt really work because of olimars grab.

You should feel good that you are a hot topic ^_^. Keep it up

EDIT: Can someone seriously help me with the wario match up? I am don't want to have to use DDD for warios -.-

dualblindfold

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is my first post but I've been reading the TL boards for a while now. I had my first tournament yesterday (doubles) and places 3rd out of 21 teams. Made it to the Winner's finals and lost to a Marth/D3 pair, then lost in the Losers Finals to yet another Marth/D3 pair. Overall, I think I did alright for my first tournament.

http://southeastsmash.weebly.com/october-25-results.html

1: Alston - Kevin P - $50.40
2: Sephiroth Ken - JENC - $ 6.00
3: John Nicky - Jacob M

My smash name is Dual, by the way. I'm listed as John Nicky :p

Lobos

Smash Master
The end result is that if feels so much better winning with this character....than say mk or snake :p

Also good **** tinks.....***** those results

Jerm we all feel that way sometime.....but I don't like to say "I quit" more like taking a break or hiatus ;)

I haven't been to any tourneys in 2 weeks and I don't plan to until maybe later november or early december (if you dont count B+).....Taking a break is nice :chuckle:

Top Bottom